• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tomorrow Shantae and the Seven Sirens collector's edition and the Shantae plushie will be up for preorder! :b:

But my wallet is not going to like forking out $70 and $25 respectfully for them... :urg:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I wait for the Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time video game, I just finished rereading all four Samurai Jack comic book series. Let me rank them (from most fave to least):
  1. Tales of the Wandering Warrior (2013-2015)
  2. Quantum Jack (2017)
  3. Lost Worlds (2019)
  4. Classics (2013-2014)
I really want to rewatch the whole TV show again, but I don't have the time for that right now.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I need to come up with new and interesting superpowers for some character's I'm trying to create. Stuff that isn't super commin in media already. And I've got writers block. Any ideas?
I feel like the sort of things that wouldn't be common would be stuff that's downright weird, and even then, anything that I could come up with would probably have already been used by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. (like being able to manipulate subatomic particles, or shooting beams that turn people into koalas, or being able to bring string instruments to life and use them to attack people - I'm pretty sure that JJBA has used at least one of those things before)

It depends on what kind of a tone you're trying to go for; maybe take seemingly useless powers and have characters use them in creative ways? (there's a whole TV Tropes article on that sort of thing) Or you could take the X-Men route and have powers that have massive drawbacks, like Nightcrawler - he can teleport anywhere, but it's impossible for him to blend in as a human - or Cyclops - who shoots beams from his eyes, but has no way to turn the beams off aside from shutting his eyes or covering them with one specific type of lens.

As another alternative, there's a Superpower Wiki - go to Random Page under "Explore" (or click one of the random options on the main page) and see what comes up. Among others, I got an article on the power to make whatever you say into reality, but only if you're speaking in metaphors.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I need to come up with new and interesting superpowers for some character's I'm trying to create. Stuff that isn't super commin in media already. And I've got writers block. Any ideas?
1. The ability to absorb any incoming kinetic energy and return it in the form of a physical contact move (think Incineroar's Revenge move from Ultimate).
2. The ability to turn any object into an incredibly stretchy, rubber-like surface as long as the user is touching it.
3. The ability to respawn in videogame-like fashion upon dying, with the only catch being that the user respawns in a random spot 50ft from where they initially perished.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I can say it has been a good week and a bit for gaming news, least for me.

• More Xenoblade 1 Remake stuff.
  • New Civilization VI DLC (Please have Celtic Civ)
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Story DLC
  • Scarlet Nexus announced
  • Yakuza 7 Western Release window
  • New Paper Mario
  • Ghost of Tsushima news
  • What The Golf, coming to Switch next week.
  • And the big one for me - THPS 1+2 Remake!
Let's hope it keeps up.

D

Deleted member

Well I can say it has been a good week and a bit for gaming news, least for me.

• More Xenoblade 1 Remake stuff.
  • New Civilization VI DLC (Please have Celtic Civ)
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Story DLC
  • Scarlet Nexus announced
  • Yakuza 7 Western Release window
  • New Paper Mario
  • Ghost of Tsushima news
  • What The Golf, coming to Switch next week.
  • And the big one for me - THPS 1+2 Remake!
Let's hope it keeps up.
I hope we do hear news about Metroid 5 or Metroid Prime Trilogy in the coming days.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, here's some great news for me....

I'm officially graduating from high school!!!

It was quite rough to get through (especially with my science teacher), but my mom and younger sis helped me out a whole bunch with it. Strangely enough, this is supposed to be a grand moment of my life where I'm supposed to be so excited to move on to the next chapter of my life.... and yet I feel indifferent with it.

D

Deleted member

It was quite rough to get through (especially with my science teacher), but my mom and younger sis helped me out a whole bunch with it. Strangely enough, this is supposed to be a grand moment of my life where I'm supposed to be so excited to move on to the next chapter of my life.... and yet I feel indifferent with it.
Congratulations good friend!!!!

Hopefully you enjoy the graduation dinner as much as I did. I will never forget It.

And I'm sure you will do great at college!

Dutch Raikuna

You get used to it. Well done regardless. I'm about two papers away from finishing education.

Also yeah I'll try and post here despite broken laptop and the forums being awkward on phone to use. Just the usual chat can be a bit quiet and don't want to miss as much stuff.
With friends on here and there.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Congratulations good friend!!!!

Hopefully you enjoy the graduation dinner as much as I did. I will never forget It.

And I'm sure you will do great at college!
Thanks, but... I'm not exactly sure about attending college.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Congratulations dude!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Been browsing around Youtube and saw the new Paper Mario game which is intruging, but I've also been rewatching a load of the Xenoblade Chronicles: the Definitive Edition and I really like the new reworked graphics of the characters and the game's environment.

R Rangez - Congrats on your graduation!

Shroob

Sup?
I don't wanna be an Arlo but

Yeah, I'm treating the new Paper Mario with EXTREME caution.

Like, I'm not going to say I outright hated Color Splash or Sti-----Stiiiiiiii..... god, even I have to admit that game was terrible.

Sticker Star had some great music, I admit, like, top tier music. Tower Power Pokey, Glitter Goomba, Gooper Blooper and Boo Night Fever are all amazing songs, but everything else in the game holds it back soo damn much. The sticker aspect was.... did ANYONE like it? They also balanced soo many of the bosses around having specific Thing stickers that, if you didn't have them, you just really could not win. That and, despite being an RPG.... battles were completely pointless and a waste of resources.

Color Splash was on the right track to being a real Paper Mario game, but.... like Sticker Star, there just wasn't enough character or charm. Yes, we had some amazing dialogue that legit made me laugh, but once again, the characters were all just 'generic' Toads with no defining traits. Compare that to original Paper Mario or TTYD where Toads who held some form of importance all had distinct looks to them. Here? Nothing. Coupled with, once more, battles being absolutely pointless, on top of forced WiiU gimmicks which made the battles that much more tedious....

Like, I'll keep an open mind about Origami King, but the last 2 games have been strike-outs for me, with Color Splash being moreso a foul ball than Sticker Star's strike...... Now that the Mario and Luigi series is more or less dead in the water until further notice... why doesn't Nintendo just go back to what worked? Surely they have the sales numbers for Color Splash.

D

Deleted member

Been browsing around Youtube and saw the new Paper Mario game which is intruging, but I've also been rewatching a load of the Xenoblade Chronicles: the Definitive Edition and I really like the new reworked graphics of the characters and the game's environment.

R Rangez - Congrats on your graduation!
I am really excited for Xenoblade Chronicles HD too.

Really love what they did with the artstyle and I'm looking forward to the new Story expansions!

I just wish my parents were not so greedy since if they were not I could easily get enough money to buy all the games I am hyped for in around five months.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't wanna be an Arlo but

Yeah, I'm treating the new Paper Mario with EXTREME caution.

Like, I'm not going to say I outright hated Color Splash or Sti-----Stiiiiiiii..... god, even I have to admit that game was terrible.

Sticker Star had some great music, I admit, like, top tier music. Tower Power Pokey, Glitter Goomba, Gooper Blooper and Boo Night Fever are all amazing songs, but everything else in the game holds it back soo damn much. The sticker aspect was.... did ANYONE like it? They also balanced soo many of the bosses around having specific Thing stickers that, if you didn't have them, you just really could not win. That and, despite being an RPG.... battles were completely pointless and a waste of resources.

Color Splash was on the right track to being a real Paper Mario game, but.... like Sticker Star, there just wasn't enough character or charm. Yes, we had some amazing dialogue that legit made me laugh, but once again, the characters were all just 'generic' Toads with no defining traits. Compare that to original Paper Mario or TTYD where Toads who held some form of importance all had distinct looks to them. Here? Nothing. Coupled with, once more, battles being absolutely pointless, on top of forced WiiU gimmicks which made the battles that much more tedious....

Like, I'll keep an open mind about Origami King, but the last 2 games have been strike-outs for me, with Color Splash being moreso a foul ball than Sticker Star's strike...... Now that the Mario and Luigi series is more or less dead in the water until further notice... why doesn't Nintendo just go back to what worked? Surely they have the sales numbers for Color Splash.
man said "not to be an arlo" but typed out a whole script like he was arlo

Shroob

Sup?
man said "not to be an arlo" but typed out a whole script like he was arlo
Maybe...

I AM Arlo?

But joking aside, I get where he's coming from.

You grow up with Paper Mario OG, Thousand Year Door and even enjoy Super and then...... Here's Sticker Star, which pretty much strips all what you loved about the series away to say "LOOK, PAPER! THIS GAME HAS PAPER!", and Color Splash took a step forward, but it still wasn't a big enough step. It's just Sticker Star but slightly better.

Dutch Raikuna

I am really excited for Xenoblade Chronicles HD too.

Really love what they did with the artstyle and I'm looking forward to the new Story expansions!

I just wish my parents were not so greedy since if they were not I could easily get enough money to buy all the games I am hyped for in around five months.
Preordered for me. That and Ghost of Tsushima.

Though want to read more on the leaks for it. Regarding the Xenoblade 2 connection if there is any.

I'd say knock me out for two weeks so I can wake up and play it, but What the Golf and Civ VI expansions so there.

Also for Paper Mario and Mario RPG fans; What was Paper Jam on the 3DS like? Was thinking of getting it for cheap.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aight, gonna draw a name for an AMA tomorrow in about an hour

If you wanna sign up and you're not already on the waiting list, please let me know. Even people who've been a subject in the past are eligible.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To my knowledge, it's a Mario and Luigi game. It feels like one, it plays like one, but in terms of crossover, miss.

GIGA MISS
| >Giga Miss |
|____________________

Edit: Thanks Smashboards for ruining my joke

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah.

I'm not expecting a return to formula like all the rumors postulated. Nintendo seems really keen on re-inventing the wheel. I'll definitely give it its fair shake, because, hell, Super Paper Mario is one of my favorite Mario games period, but if it's just more or less retreading the same, tired ground as the last 2 games, then I'm probably gonna pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom