• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The new Paper Mario is a step in the right direction, but I don't think we're going to have any of the classic battle RPG elements anytime in the next forever. It's clear they don't want to do that anymore.

Paper Mario is always aesthetically getting better, though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I've been working on my final for one class, and the goal is to color in the Avengers using realistic lighting and texture.

I can say that I finally understand the "Drawing in the Wrong Layer" memes.

D

Deleted member

Well, Pokemon's biggest mystery was solved. Poor Nidorina and Nidoqueen.

Yo. If anybody has some red rubber-toe sneakers in New Horizons, could you let me know? I'm looking for them right now. I'll but them of ya for triple the base price.
I do, but I don't have time right now? How urgent is it?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Origami King looks interesting. The generic character designs like the enemies and Toads is still an issue (seriously I don't why the franchise insists on not having any stand-out individuals in a given species), but the rest of the game looks fine. I like the Color Splash artstyle, partners seem to return, and the battle system seems better.

However, something that bugs me with this series as of late is how the devs seem to be way too fascinated by the fact that these games look like paper, and thus can only think of story ideas and gameplay mechanics that relate to paper. The original three games told interesting stories, and the paper aspect was mostly for aesthetics. Now the games are basically "what kind of things are paper related? Stickers? That's the game!" Colors? That's the game! Origami? That's the game!"

So anyways, yeah, that's what I think so far. Game seems interesting, some things I'm not a fan of but I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finished the Uncharted trilogy...2 was the best of the bunch

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If Miyamoto really has such a problem with intelligent systems making Mario oc's they should at least let them give Mario a party of other Mario charactsrs, like Paper Luigi, Paper Daisy, Paper Waluigi. I would play that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Recently I saw a tweet which has made me question a lot of stuff I have done in the past.

The tweet was arguing that people with ADHD tend to ruin a lot of social relationships by talking about their life experiences to solve problems because "that way they make everything about themselves and end up annoying everyone near them".

Since I read that I am still concerned about whether or not I have really done good stuff all this time.
i may be different on this but as a person with adhd, I don't talk about myself because I find that to be rude when the topic isnt about me. onces someone says "what about you" Is when I talk about myself.

but again thats just me

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so since Paper Mario is hip and trendy

Why didn't Bowser nor Luigi get any lines in Sticker Star?

Such an odd decision considering they immediately went back to giving Bowser and Luigi Dialogue in Color Splash

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ok, so since Paper Mario is hip and trendy

Why didn't Bowser nor Luigi get any lines in Sticker Star?

Such an odd decision considering they immediately went back to giving Bowser and Luigi Dialogue in Color Splash
Probably because everyone complained about it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
“You thought it was an ARMS character? We just meant the character has arms”
Man, I can't believe that Marx is deconfirmed for fighter six.

Well, I'm ready now. Switch isn't fully charged, but for something like this it should be enough. Shoot me a Dodo Code and I'll come quickly.
29KK3

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The biggest tragedy in Smash history:

They made a remix of Rougeports theme and lumped it in with the Sticker star theme.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
However this new Paper Mario ends up, I'm just glad that it's sticking to the tried-and-true Mario RPG formula of Bowser saying to the protagonists: "Hey, no fair! This is MY kingdom to conquer! Fine... I'll team up with you dweebs JUST this once!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m not too concerned about generic npcs because color splashed showed us they can signal out them and make them totally unique characters. The aesthetics part is what makes it a little disappointing though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I decided to test out the Street Fighter IV fightpad (this if you don't know) on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Feels real nice and works really well with :ultryu::ultken::ult_terry:. The biggest downside is that, since it's a D-Pad, I can only run and not walk.

I know it's for traditional fighting games but it's worthy trying (plus it has a turbo button)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like this scene for example:

Personalizes just a shy guy so much. If each partner is like that it should be pretty good

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of the best moments of Color Splash was when you met a generic Shy Guy on the train, and you have a heart to heart convo with him and how many of Bowser's minions just want to stop and have a normal life, but they just can't. And the thing is, he was meant to be generic because you can actually kill him later on in the game (and he's totally OK with it because he knew it was inevitable).

Genuinely kinda sad.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
They better not keep Kamek's BS from Color Splash in the new game. There was even a developer oversight.

By the way, this was never patched out.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Paper Mario is always aesthetically getting better, though.
I dunno, Graphically it’s better but I think they’re kinda going overboard with the arts and crafts motif, I don’t mind having some physical paper elements here and there but I still like the storybook aesthetic of the first few games as well as the more unique designs of the established enemies, gave the series more of its own identity.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They better not keep Kamek's BS from Color Splash in the new game. There was even a developer oversight.

By the way, this was never patched out.
Considering Kamek is a partner this time around, hopefully not.

Also, the no patch thing is what happens when you're the last Mario game on a dying console than everyone jumped ship on.

Which reminds me, once again, a new Paper Mario game = another kick in the balls to the Wii U.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
finished the Uncharted trilogy...2 was the best of the bunch
Would it be best to play Uncharted 1 before Uncharted 2? I have the first three games, but if Uncharted 1 hasn't aged well, I'm tempted to skip to the second one.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I was not expecting to find a trailer for a new Paper Mario game in my YT feed today, NGL.

The game looks...fine, I guess, but I echo a lot of the concerns that you guys have for it. Hopefully we get some unique teammates and a less gimmicky battle system.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I need to come up with new and interesting superpowers for some character's I'm trying to create. Stuff that isn't super commin in media already. And I've got writers block. Any ideas?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I dunno, Graphically it’s better but I think they’re kinda going overboard with the arts and crafts motif, I don’t mind having some physical paper elements here and there but I still like the storybook aesthetic of the first few games as well as the more unique designs of the established enemies, gave the series more of its own identity.
I miss when the generic mario enemies and toads had actual designs beyond the stock enemy and toad.

It gave them a lot more personality than whatever the modern games are trying to do.

Remember how everyone treated the female Goomba party member in thousand year door like she was supposed to be some hot chick? I miss stuff like that lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty cool. Kind of like a Samurai themed Batman Arkham game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Listening to Phil Collins' Son of Man.

Ah what memories. I remember watching Tarzan a few times as a kid. Listening to this makes me want to watch the movie again. I just might do that when I eventually move in.

An time back when Disney was good and had the balls.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This skin is so damn good even though I don’t really play Ashe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom