• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Let's play a fun little game.

Nintendo has announced that to promote a healthy competitive relationship between rival companies, they're putting a Sony-owned character in Smash, and they're holding a survey with the main protagonists from several of their games. You get three votes for characters, the first one you vote for becomes a playable character and the other two become Mii outfits. Who are you voting for?

Choose from this list:

- Spike (Ape Escape series)
- Parappa (Parappa the Rapper series)
- Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank series)
- Arc (Arc the Lad series)
- Sir Daniel (MidiEvil series)
- Dart Feld (Legend of Dragoon series)
- Gabriel (Syphon Filter series)
- Sly Cooper (Sly series)
- Jak & Daxter (Jak series)
- Kratos (God of War series)
- Rudy (Wild Arms series)
- Toan (Dark Cloud series)
- Wander (Shadow of the Colossus/Ico series)
- Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal series)
- Radec (Killzone series)
- Joel (The Last of Us series)
- Chimera (Resistance series)
- Cole (InFamous series)
- Kat (Gravity Rush series)
- Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet series)
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)
- Knack (Knack series)
Kratos: Playable Character
Ratchet & Jak: Mii Costumes

Nathan Drake: Assist Trophy (cheating, but still).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'd prefer all 3, but as much as I like Nook, I'd rather not cut and replace if possible. It's up to you, though.

I think maybe you're misunderstanding us. Not all care if he goes. It's just that he doesn't work as a power-up or costume anymore due to being too different.
Three might be a bit excessive, maybe I’ll go with in-game logic that Isabelle has more free time now with Nook busy with all the island stuff so she could stay alongside Villager.

I was suggesting making the Metal Box/Cap as an item calling back to Mario 64, though I guess stat altering items might be a bit much now that I think about it, if I were to keep one of the Metal characters, he’d be the one. Pink Gold Peach could make a cameo as Peach’s Gold Flower form, just without the heaviness.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Three might be a bit excessive, maybe I’ll go with in-game logic that Isabelle has more free time now with Nook busy with all the island stuff so she could stay alongside Villager.

I was suggesting making the Metal Box/Cap as an item calling back to Mario 64, though I guess stat altering items might be a bit much now that I think about it, if I were to keep one of the Metal characters, he’d be the one. Pink Gold Peach could make a cameo as Peach’s Gold Flower form, just without the heaviness.
Ooh, I like that. Fits well as the Gold Flower thing and feels accurate. Maybe there's a way to change how Gold Mario and Gold (Metal) Mario are too if you keep regular Metal. Like another unique color. In the way Pink Gold is.

And yeah, I get ya. Maybe stay with all the basic guests as is from previous games so it's not really an arbitrary thing?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ooh, I like that. Fits well as the Gold Flower thing and feels accurate. Maybe there's a way to change how Gold Mario and Gold (Metal) Mario are too if you keep regular Metal. Like another unique color. In the way Pink Gold is.

And yeah, I get ya. Maybe stay with all the basic guests as is from previous games so it's not really an arbitrary thing?
How about Silver Mario?

Also, I edited a previous post but I’ll ask straight up, what characters do you want in that I didn’t list out in my roster?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How about Silver Mario?

Also, I edited a previous post but I’ll ask straight up, what characters do you want in that I didn’t list out in my roster?
...What are the rules of that? Cause I can make quite a list. XD

Also Silver Mario and Metal Mario are barely different. Though you could have a more whited out metal for Silver, with the hard gray for Metal. And Metal goes Gold.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
...What are the rules of that? Cause I can make quite a list. XD

Also Silver Mario and Metal Mario are barely different. Though you could have a more whited out metal for Silver, with the hard gray for Metal. And Metal goes Gold.
Just anyone you have in mind that I haven’t brought up. Though I do want you to consider how they’d work in karts and bikes if you have any unorthodox choices.

I was thinking a more blue-ish silver like the sprite, and it’d be sparkly too to make it more noticeable
58A0B26F-ADB8-4F5A-A403-1A782C0352F2.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just anyone you have in mind that I haven’t brought up. Though I do want you to consider how they’d work in karts and bikes if you have any unorthodox choices.

I was thinking a more blue-ish silver like the sprite, and it’d be sparkly too to make it more noticeable
View attachment 270131
Oh, that works perfectly!

Okay, so, you obviously know I'm a fan of odd series.

-Brian(Quest 64). This is a difficult one for a Kart. They're just a regular human, but the Kart type could have a castle-like exterior. Akin to what you can do in Lego Racers. Mostly to show he's a medieval badass. Light or Middleweight. He's only 4 feet tall. But also is like 15 years old.
-Fulgore(Killer Instinct). Still a humanoid, the matter is what kind of Kart. I want to jokingly say a Gargos Kart, since the former is generally the boss before the final boss, but. Likewise, Glacius-inspired Kart is eh. He himself has a lot of stuff from Ultratech, and one based upon electronics and such, to look like a technology nightmare is perfect. Definitely a heavyweight due to being a robot. Also, it has two designs. Classic and 2013.
-Nipper Plant. I suggested this before. What would be neat is that it'd be in a skateboard-like one(or a motorped, I guess), and be a clear joke character idea. The idea is that it would have poor handling/turning due to a lack of arms and such. Same issues with Goombas having no arms, if you will. Lightweight, of course.
-Mostly a joke from Zelda Kart, but I would love to see a Horse in a Kart. Just a silly thing. Not necessarily Epona either. Could be just about anyone from an unused series, as long it would fit. Like one of the Knight characters from Shining Force for a joke option. Heavyweight, probably. A Lynel could work as well.
-Pikachu. Uh, yeah. Nuff said why. Unless I missed it. Could take the Motorcycle approach and would be an obvious lightweight. It could have its various costumes like Libre as is.
-Black Mage. Another simple one from Final Fantasy. You could use Vivi otherwise, depending on what you prefer.
-Boshi. A very easy choice as is.
-Geno. Honestly, I want to see him in and he fits the atmosphere well.
-Ridley. If only cause I want to see that crazy lanky guy fit himself into a Kart. Better than the Beach Volleyball Parody. ._.
-Bayonetta. Very easy option and honestly would be funny to see in a Kart.
-Captain Toadette(if I didn't miss her already). Just a middleweight clone for Toadette, or basically a female Captain Toad, heh.

-Practically any other Smash character, using the first character in the series, of course. They'd just be silly options otherwise.

Thankfully you had Pauline already. That reminds me, I should actually finish up a Joke idea I had for a Quest Kart. >.>

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I got cast for a character recently that's really snarky, sassy, and condescending, yet in an entertaining way. I don't get to portray characters like this often, so I'm quite excited.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh, that works perfectly!

Okay, so, you obviously know I'm a fan of odd series.

-Brian(Quest 64). This is a difficult one for a Kart. They're just a regular human, but the Kart type could have a castle-like exterior. Akin to what you can do in Lego Racers. Mostly to show he's a medieval badass. Light or Middleweight. He's only 4 feet tall. But also is like 15 years old.
-Fulgore(Killer Instinct). Still a humanoid, the matter is what kind of Kart. I want to jokingly say a Gargos Kart, since the former is generally the boss before the final boss, but. Likewise, Glacius-inspired Kart is eh. He himself has a lot of stuff from Ultratech, and one based upon electronics and such, to look like a technology nightmare is perfect. Definitely a heavyweight due to being a robot. Also, it has two designs. Classic and 2013.
-Nipper Plant. I suggested this before. What would be neat is that it'd be in a skateboard-like one(or a motorped, I guess), and be a clear joke character idea. The idea is that it would have poor handling/turning due to a lack of arms and such. Same issues with Goombas having no arms, if you will. Lightweight, of course.
-Mostly a joke from Zelda Kart, but I would love to see a Horse in a Kart. Just a silly thing. Not necessarily Epona either. Could be just about anyone from an unused series, as long it would fit. Like one of the Knight characters from Shining Force for a joke option. Heavyweight, probably. A Lynel could work as well.
-Pikachu. Uh, yeah. Nuff said why. Unless I missed it. Could take the Motorcycle approach and would be an obvious lightweight. It could have its various costumes like Libre as is.
-Black Mage. Another simple one from Final Fantasy. You could use Vivi otherwise, depending on what you prefer.
-Boshi. A very easy choice as is.
-Geno. Honestly, I want to see him in and he fits the atmosphere well.
-Ridley. If only cause I want to see that crazy lanky guy fit himself into a Kart. Better than the Beach Volleyball Parody. ._.
-Bayonetta. Very easy option and honestly would be funny to see in a Kart.
-Captain Toadette(if I didn't miss her already). Just a middleweight clone for Toadette, or basically a female Captain Toad, heh.

-Practically any other Smash character, using the first character in the series, of course. They'd just be silly options otherwise.

Thankfully you had Pauline already. That reminds me, I should actually finish up a Joke idea I had for a Quest Kart. >.>
I don’t know why I was expecting you to have more Mario based suggestions for a game called Mario Kart, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don’t know why I was expecting you to have more Mario based suggestions for a game called Mario Kart, but interesting nonetheless.
I mean, had to have a few Mario ideas. So much potential~

...Which like every spin-off squanders. ._.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
To add on from the Mario Kart talk from a few posts ago, I felt to show off my own conceptualization for a Mario Kart 9 with a full roster and a few tracks.
Mario (Medium)

Luigi (Medium)

Bowser (Heavy)

Peach (Medium)

Toad (Light)

Yoshi (Medium)

Wario (Heavy)

Waluigi (Heavy)

Donkey Kong (Heavy)

Diddy Kong (Medium)

Daisy (Medium)

Rosalina (Heavy)

Toadette (Light)

Pauline (Newcomer, Medium)

Cappy (Newcomer, Light)

Boom-Boom (Newcomer, Heavy)

Kamek (Newcomer, Medium)

Koopa Troopa (Light)

Shy Guy (Light)

Wiggler (Heavy)

Lakitu (Light)

Spike (Newcomer, Light)

Hammer Bro. (Newcomer, Medium)

Bowser Jr. (Light)

Nabbit (Newcomer, Light)

Pom-Pom (Newcomer, Heavy)

Topper (Newcomer, Medium)

Spewart (Newcomer, Heavy)

Rango (Newcomer, Light)

Hariet (Newcomer, Light)

Birdo (Medium)

Pianta (Newcomer, Heavy)

Sprixie Princess (Newcomer, Light)

Dry Bowser (Heavy)

King Boo (Heavy)

Petey Piranha (Heavy)

Captain Toad (Newcomer, Heavy)

Honey Queen (Heavy)

Professor E. Gadd (Newcomer, Medium)

Dixie Kong (Newcomer, Medium)

Cranky Kong (Newcomer, Medium)

Funky Kong (Heavy)

King K. Rool (Newcomer, Heavy)

Kremling (Newcomer, Medium)

Jimmy T. (Newcomer, Medium)

Mona (Newcomer, Medium)

Dribble (Newcomer, Heavy)

Spitz (Newcomer, Light)

Orbulon (Newcomer, Medium)

Ashley (Newcomer, Light)

Link (Heavy)

Villager (Boy/Girl, Medium)

Isabelle (Light)

Inkling (Girl/Boy, Medium)

Fox Mccloud (Newcomer, Medium)

Falco Lombardi (Newcomer, Medium)

Peppy Hare (Newcomer, Heavy)

Slippy Toad (Newcomer, Light)

PAC-MAN (Newcomer, Medium)

Don-Chan (Newcomer, Light)

Klonoa (Newcomer, Light)

Note: I consider all characters who've appeared in MKT/MKAGP as newcomers here since they would be debuting in a "mainline" Mario Kart title. Also, I put in the Namco characters as Bandai Namco have actually been involved with the series starting with MK8.
Junky Dumpyard

“Located in an landfill filled to the brim with trash, racers will travel through a rigid track layout while dodging large junk heaps and other hazards.”

Yarn Land

“This is a racetrack located in a world made-up of fuzzy yarn. It is a very simple-to-follow race layout with a couple of shortcuts requiring advanced tricks.”

Fire-Frost Arena

“A racetrack that combines Fire and Ice into one! You’ll have to choose one of two paths wisely, each having their own unique styles.”

Swashbuckler Caverns

“Deep within the underground, racers will traverse across a hidden pirate hideout by competing aboard large ships and avoid explosive cannonballs.”

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So we talked about MK9 roster choices, what about tracks?
-What could be cool ideas for new tracks?
-What retro tracks would you like to see?
I want all previous battle stages back. If they didn't return yet, yes, please. I like how some were both a battle stage and regular one(Luigi's Mansion). Double Deck was amazing. I think only Big Donut and Block Fort returned, though?

As for retro tracks, some weren't that great in 2D in Super Mario Kart. But maybe combining concepts into one could work. Rainbow Road however could return from that if it didn't already. As an unlockable course that isn't in single player.

I can't say Bowser's Castle like in Smash, but I'd love SMRPG areas, including its take on Bowser's Castle. Well, Smithy's now. Let's see... maybe some of the Sewer areas from Paper Mario.

(Note I'm not going to suggest ones related to the roster ideas I gave you. I don't have any good ideas on that at this time)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I want all previous battle stages back. If they didn't return yet, yes, please. I like how some were both a battle stage and regular one(Luigi's Mansion). Double Deck was amazing. I think only Big Donut and Block Fort returned, though?

As for retro tracks, some weren't that great in 2D in Super Mario Kart. But maybe combining concepts into one could work. Rainbow Road however could return from that if it didn't already. As an unlockable course that isn't in single player.

I can't say Bowser's Castle like in Smash, but I'd love SMRPG areas, including its take on Bowser's Castle. Well, Smithy's now. Let's see... maybe some of the Sewer areas from Paper Mario.

(Note I'm not going to suggest ones related to the roster ideas I gave you. I don't have any good ideas on that at this time)
I mean tracks from all previous games when I say Retro.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So we talked about MK9 roster choices, what about tracks?
-What could be cool ideas for new tracks?
-What retro tracks would you like to see?
I’d like a track based on Meta Crystal from Smash 64, a huge cavern with different metal ores and glowing crystals.

Cap Kingdom, the moon, Vanilla Dome, Subcon (maybe Wart’s Castle), Star Road, Rogueport, and Bleck’s Castle would also be cool.

I’d really like MK64’s battle tracks to return, especially the block one. Toad’s Turnpike could be cool too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I’d like a track based on Meta Crystal from Smash 64, a huge cavern with different metal ores and glowing crystals.

Cap Kingdom, the moon, Vanilla Dome, Subcon (maybe Wart’s Castle), Star Road, Rogueport, and Bleck’s Castle would also be cool.

I’d really like MK64’s battle tracks to return, especially the block one. Toad’s Turnpike could be cool too.
Fair. Point stands. I don't care much about anything but battle stages, especially 64's. XD

...Remembering them all is even harder. ._.
All right life, I'll play some damn Mario Kart.

First the dream of me playing and hearing someone playing it outside my house today and now people talking about it here.
Been playing Yakuza 0 and 6 minigames all day so yeah why the hell not?

Mario Kart 8 then even though I think DS is the best game in the series.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Apparently a 1999 source code of Pokémon Gold/Silver just got leaked showing some Gen II 'Mons in a rough shape.

News is currently in development.
Ooh, this ought to be interesting. I know of some of the old beta designs as is. But even more stuff? :grin:

D

Deleted member

MK9 talk, huh? Well, let's see. For convenience sake I'll just focus on new additions:
Magikoopa: He's been overdue for a long time, getting shafted not once, but twice
Baby Bowser: I mean, we got all those babies made up for MK, might as well add a villain who was actually the main boss from a beloved classic. But then again, Bowser Jr. and modern Baby Bowser have the same design so... whatever, I guess.
Wart: Just Wart.
Tatanga: (Final) Boss in the Mario Land duology before Wario took over with SML3. Both times he's already in a vehicle so seems good to me.
Some Wario representation, like Captain Syrup, Shake King or Mona (with her scooter).
Goomba tower: Because if Dr. Mario can do it, so can Mario Kart. On a more serious note though, a Goomba feels long overdue.
Toadsworth: Easy implementation... is he even still around anymore? Feels like he kinda disappeared after the GC-early DS era.
Cranky Kong: On that note, the DK characters should be mainstays. Diddy is the most consistent one and even he's been absent quite a few times, let alone Funky who was only in one game.
K.Rool: Might as well then.

Crossover:
Captain Falcon: Blue Falcon has been in two games and MK8 even had F-Zero tracks, yet the man himself wasn't playable?
Ness/Lucas: Either one would be fine and they could have a kart based on the Runaway 5 van or Saturn Runner. Personal preference would be Ness though.
Kirby: He had a racing game after all and the Wheelie bike would be adorable.
The new games are still fresh on everyone's mind, so I'll focus on older games/crossover options.
Yoshi in general: He certainly has been getting the shaft. No YI inspired track, no pop-up book, but hey, at least we got the same Yoshi shaped track three times.
Subcon: Starting on a grassy plain, taking a rocket into the clouds, entering Wart's Castle and dodging the veggie machine, conveyor belts and spikes.
Sarasaland
SML2 overworld
Wario's Castle
Diamond City: I mean, it's in the arcade games already, even if it doesn't feel like Diamond City. Time to give it proper justice.
DK Island
K.Rool's Keep + Flying Krock

Crossover:
Onett/Fourside or maybe a world tour done with portals.
Dreamland
Pencilvania
That's it for now. I'm probably too late with it anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What would be some interesting ideas for new Mario Kart tracks not particularly based on previous games?
Well, a track based upon Dr. Mario's glass area. Not sure how to make it work other than Mega Vitamin roads. ._.

I don't know all the guest tracks related to Link, etc, but you could do something based upon any of the ALTTP palaces. Ganon's Tower could be really interesting. It has tons of floors/rooms, full of various hazards. All the bosses could make a cameo there alone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What would be some interesting ideas for new Mario Kart tracks not particularly based on previous games?
Sure.

I posted all my ideas a few days ago. I don't know if we need to bring them up again though, seams like it would just be redundant.

Edit: Oops. Misread. Thought you were asking if we wanted you to share your ideas.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oof, TPC just can’t keep Pokémon from leaking.

The seemingly planned-but-scrapped Special Jigglypuff or Clefairy Edition (would’ve been cool, Pikachu is my #1 favorite but Jigglypuff is among my favorites as well and I also like Clefairy), and now more Gold/Silver stuff on top of everything else.

#BringBackAnimonAndPinkVersion

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Clefairy Edition
Clefairy was gonna be Ash's Pokemon, and might've gotten its own counterpart to Yellow Version.

Quick, find a Smash 64 beta that has data for Clefairy being Pokemon's second rep instead!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if there are still betas with unused Pokemon out there. Prbably not for the newer gens, but maybe gen 3/4/5 ones?
I'm doubtful (would like to be wrong).

One reason why both Red/Green and Gold/Silver have been getting massive leaks is because they're both the only core games to ever face delays (Red/Green planned to release 1 year earlier, Gold/Silver planned to released 2 years earlier). Crystal onward have all released as originally planned.

But I hunger for moar beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom