• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think that Nintendo doesn't care about adding spin-off characters like the Kongs, Captain Syrup and Shake King from Wario Land, Poochy from Yoshi series among many others that would have potential.:(
I really am hoping one day that the Mario RPG characters in particular will show up in mainline titles in the future. Fawful, Dimemtio, Kylie Koopa, and the like. I suppose that Odyssey was a step in the right direction when it referenced multiple Donkey Kong characters via street names in New Donk City. An alternate idea I had was maybe showing that some Kremlings live in the city's sewer system, referencing that old croc-in-sewer urban legend.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And the poor fat crocodile king is still not in Mario Kart as a driver.
He was pretty much completely unused after Sluggers. A slight cameo in Smash at best otherwise.

...Though them refusing to use Diddy in 8 is even worse.

Poor guy was just ignored entirely for quite a while.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I'll be seriously miffed if the Kremlings don't at least APPEAR in the next DKC game after Ultimate. It'd be a major letdown to have a triumphant resurgence only to fade back into being a neglected secondhand.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i dont think the flossing in mario maker 2 is that big of a deal

i'd be surprised if there was some "give us better online!" tier outbreak that made them patch it out immediately lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Sees the next Dr. Mario World doc*

Where is everyone getting their doctor's diplomas? In a cereal box?

But still a chuckle

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You could say it's a good thing this isn't a proper doctor game. If it was, the cast wouldn't be so random/not matter who it is. Hopefully we get more neat options. They got easily 3/4 from AC right now(Villagers, both male and female, Tom Nook, and Isabelle), could easily do some Kirby ones. I guess it depends how much they want to do completely in-house. Fire Emblem might not get anything, for instance. Dr. Marth would be funny.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He was pretty much completely unused after Sluggers. A slight cameo in Smash at best otherwise.

...Though them refusing to use Diddy in 8 is even worse.

Poor guy was just ignored entirely for quite a while.
they left Diddy out cause he can’t sing for ****

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Doubt I'll finish it but I'm having interest in picking up something I left off a decade ago: Make sprite maps of the Pokémon regions. What I did is inspired by the style of the Diamond/Pearl in-game map (plan to make some liberties though).

What regions I plan:
  • All core game regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sevii Islands, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and Galar)
  • Orre
  • Gold/Silver prototype region
  • Orange Islands
I have no plans to do any other regions or locations from the franchise.

Again, I might not finish it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Like, when was the last time he was in MK? Besides, it's kind of clear by now they really like microtransactions.

Didn't Deluxe have only the 8 and DLC characters too?
Deluxe added back Bowser Jr. Dry Bones, King Boo, and then added the Inklings and Gold Mario and BoTW Link, so it did have more than just the base+DLC.

And the last time Diddy was in MK was in Wii.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Deluxe added back Bowser Jr. Dry Bones, King Boo, and then added the Inklings and Gold Mario and BoTW Link, so it did have more than just the base+DLC.

And the last time Diddy was in MK was in Wii.
Man, that hurts. Though it's nice to have some other options. Having both of Mario's metal forms is neat. Was Gold Mario different from Metal Mario in terms of personality?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
"Ah yes, today begins the FGO x Apocrypha collaboration, and so today is finally the day when I can pull best boy Achilles in Fate/Grand Order! I've saved all my Saint Quartz for this moment! Time to pull my most wanted servant yet!"

>Dumps all Summoning Tickets and Saint Quartz to try to get Achilles.

>No luck pulling him with my Saint Quartz, and then my last 30 Quartz kick in.

>Golden flash effect happens, followed by a golden Rider card!

"ACHILLES IS FINALLY COMING???!!!! YES, YES, YES!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE ACHILLES!!!"

>Golden Rider card turned out to be... Astolfo...

Astolfo...

How. dare. you. troll. and. ruin. my. last. chance. to. pull. best. boy. Achilles. when. I. was. down. to. my. last. Quartz.
You. just. had. to. RUIN. IT!

Never liked Astolfo, and the fact he just had to troll me of pulling Achilles only made me feel even worse toward him.

And so I had to do the right thing:

There! That'll teach Astolfo a lesson for stealing my bro Achilles.

D

Deleted member

Well, I’m auditioning for something that is apparently a short film made by a former Disney animator, Chad Stewart. (Fantasia 2000, Emperor’s New Groove, Tarzan.) Now, I don’t know if that’s legit, but I did my research and it sounds like it might just be, so I consider it worth my time to audition for. Hopefully all goes well.
70E53019-C1A8-47E6-908B-697F39E78D77.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, he was just a color swap for Metal. Same stats and everything.
Ah, so he's just a clone of Metal, got it.

I kinda want the next game to ditch the metal characters and instead make it into an item
This doesn't work when Metal Mario is his own person in Mario Kart. He's not Mario covered in Metal since 7. Basically, he's about as similar to Mario as Paper Mario is(which are also entirely different people). ...Also, add Paper Mario, though I can't say for his power-uped form. Invincibility colors would start to flash way too much and hurt people's eyes if implemented correctly. Maybe the Shadow-like variant from TTYD? Or just Dark Mario from Super Paper Mario.

But I could see a power-up item otherwise transforming them. Mario could become Fire Mario, Metal Mario could become Gold Mario, since Pink Gold Peach is not an actual separate person in the game, she could work as a power-up instead.

...They can ditch the babies outside of Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Hell, add a Baby Yoshi, and you could also have Donkey Kong Jr. and Baby Wario if you want to push it. At least they're not made up entirely on the spot.

Alternatively, just give everyone a proper palette swap option. Doesn't change what I said about Metal Mario being a different person, so he doesn't work as a swap for Mario anymore. You can blame Smash for actually bothering to separate them, heh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I kinda want the next game to ditch the metal characters and instead make it into an item.

And I actually want the reverse for Blooper to take it out as an item and upgrade it into a racer.
Agree on Blooper, and I would also put Piranha Plant in the same boat.

Though, idk how the metal box would work. It's main features are that it's invicible, and it make you heavier, one if which is already covered, and the other... idk how that would even work, especially on already heavy characters like Bowser.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ah, so he's just a clone of Metal, got it.

This doesn't work when Metal Mario is his own person in Mario Kart. He's not Mario covered in Metal since 7. Basically, he's about as similar to Mario as Paper Mario is(which are also entirely different people). ...Also, add Paper Mario, though I can't say for his power-uped form. Invincibility colors would start to flash way too much and hurt people's eyes if implemented correctly. Maybe the Shadow-like variant from TTYD? Or just Dark Mario from Super Paper Mario.

But I could see a power-up item otherwise transforming them. Mario could become Fire Mario, Metal Mario could become Gold Mario, since Pink Gold Peach is not an actual separate person in the game, she could work as a power-up instead.

...They can ditch the babies outside of Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Hell, add a Baby Yoshi, and you could also have Donkey Kong Jr. and Baby Wario if you want to push it. At least they're not made up entirely on the spot.

Alternatively, just give everyone a proper palette swap option. Doesn't change what I said about Metal Mario being a different person, so he doesn't work as a swap for Mario anymore. You can blame Smash for actually bothering to separate them, heh.
I’ll give it that at least he’s a heavyweight, but still don’t see why he needs to be a separate character to begin with.
Also I don’t think a 2D character like Paper Mario would look good as a racer, I think Luigi in CS looked awkward as hell straight on/behind.
I agree on the babies though, I only have Baby M&L in my roster as well as the alt. costume/palette swap option.

Agree on Blooper, and I would also put Piranha Plant in the same boat.

Though, idk how the metal box would work. It's main features are that it's invicible, and it make you heavier, one if which is already covered, and the other... idk how that would even work, especially on already heavy characters like Bowser.
I’m having trouble seeing PP on a bike, even with the pot, I think he’s just fine as an item. I mean this was my initial idea for the item, Temporary invincibility and gives the racer similar properties to a heavy racer, higher top speed but lower acceleration and off road handling, but I’m willing to rework this a bit.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’ll give it that at least he’s a heavyweight, but still don’t see why he needs to be a separate character to begin with.
It has nothing to do with being a heavyweight. He's actually got his own personality and is completely different from Mario. They separated them. That's why it's separate or he shouldn't be in. He's not Mario just gone Metal any longer. He wasn't since Smash 64, really.

Also I don’t think a 2D character like Paper Mario would look good as a racer, I think Luigi in CS looked awkward as hell straight on/behind.
I agree on the babies though, I only have Baby M&L in my roster as well as the alt. costume/palette swap option
That's fair. Though Baby Mario and Baby Luigi being swaps is kind of weird. Swaps should be for those who are the same person but with a power-up only. At least in MK. It's clear that similar designs don't matter at all anymore. Just like I can't see any of the Koopalings being combined there.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It has nothing to do with being a heavyweight. He's actually got his own personality and is completely different from Mario. They separated them. That's why it's separate or he shouldn't be in. He's not Mario just gone Metal any longer. He wasn't since Smash 64, really.

That's fair. Though Baby Mario and Baby Luigi being swaps is kind of weird. Swaps should be for those who are the same person but with a power-up only. At least in MK. It's clear that similar designs don't matter at all anymore. Just like I can't see any of the Koopalings being combined there.
How exactly does he have a separate personality and where is that displayed in-game cause it’s not really that clear to me, all I get that he’s Mario’s rival, which there are several other characters in the series and games that fill the role already. From what I see, the differences in weight are a better justification for making them separate.

I didn’t mean to say they were swaps, I was saying I only had both Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in my roster just shorthand.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How exactly does he have a separate personality and where is that displayed in-game cause it’s not really that clear to me, all I get that he’s Mario’s rival, which there are several other characters in the series and games that fill the role already. From what I see, the differences in weight are a better justification for making them separate.
He's a lot more aggressive in comparison to Mario's far more happy-go-lucky attitude. You could say he's kind of closer to the RPG personality. He's been shown to not really be a swap in general. The fact they're heavyweights is also a strong thing, but he was given more personality in 7 that separates him overall. He's an angry person.

I didn’t mean to say they were swaps, I was saying I only had both Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in my roster just shorthand.
Ah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom