• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
He's a lot more aggressive in comparison to Mario's far more happy-go-lucky attitude. You could say he's kind of closer to the RPG personality. He's been shown to not really be a swap in general. The fact they're heavyweights is also a strong thing, but he was given more personality in 7 that separates him overall. He's an angry person.
I guess, but it’s kinda hard to tell, especially with the unintelligible voice filter. You’re right in that I can’t see him being a swap, so it’d either be he’s in or the Metal forms become an item for me.

We better have a new Donkey Kong game coming out this year. Been wayyyyy too long.
They’re gonna have a hard act to follow after Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess, but it’s kinda hard to tell, especially with the unintelligible voice filter. You’re right in that I can’t see him being a swap, so it’d either be he’s in or the Metal forms become an item for me.
Metal items don't work in his case, as I said. He's just a different person now. Or to describe it, a "distinct, cockier personality". For obvious reasons, Gold Mario isn't any better as he's literally the same as Metal Mario, just with a different coat of paint. Which is weird too. He's a proper swap for Metal, at least?

The other thing is a Metal Item kind of misses the point anyway. A ton never had some kind of metal form. Something like a Power-Up Item in general works better because almost everyone has their own unique power-up variant, or close. Super Baby Mario, for example. You could give Diddy his rocketbarrels. Bowser has some various forms through the series too. It'd take more work, but it would also not leave out notable characters.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Metal items don't work in his case, as I said. He's just a different person now. Or to describe it, a "distinct, cockier personality". For obvious reasons, Gold Mario isn't any better as he's literally the same as Metal Mario, just with a different coat of paint. Which is weird too. He's a proper swap for Metal, at least?

The other thing is a Metal Item kind of misses the point anyway. A ton never had some kind of metal form. Something like a Power-Up Item in general works better because almost everyone has their own unique power-up variant, or close. Super Baby Mario, for example. You could give Diddy his rocketbarrels. Bowser has some various forms through the series too. It'd take more work, but it would also not leave out notable characters.
I mean not a lot of characters had Metal forms in Smash yet that’s still an item anyways. It would just be a quick retexture and added weight

That Power Up is a fun idea but it feels like it’d be too much work for a MK game with a big roster. And I have a base roster of 48. I wasn’t really a big fan of exclusive items anyway since I feel like it makes some characters way overpowered. Though something I might see is characters having a slightly higher probability of getting a certain item.

Maybe the Gold Flower could work as an item instead?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean not a lot of characters had Metal forms in Smash yet that’s still an item anyways. It would just be a quick retexture and added weight

That Power Up is a fun idea but it feels like it’d be too much work for a MK game with a big roster. And I have a base roster of 48. I wasn’t really a big fan of exclusive items anyway since I feel like it makes some characters way overpowered. Though something I might see is characters having a slightly higher probability of getting a certain item.

Maybe the Gold Flower could work as an item instead?
Eh, Gold Flower isn't any better. Though if it just makes a Gold coloring, sure. But changing weight is a pretty big change too. The Power-Up Item would at best increase speed, maybe more invincibility frames? Or could give a special item. But think of how many clones are removed from it. You remove barely 2 clones maximum with the Metal item while removing an actual unique person. Is it really worth it in the end for that? Also, more work can be better. You could also give power-up items that aren't palette swaps for others. Think of it like the special item in Double Dash, just applied better.

I don't think it's too much work. It's literally just taking the old costume characters and switching how you play as them. Most of the work is done already.

Smash also has tons of weird power-ups like that, and new modes were intended in Melee to benefit from that. Giant DK is an upscaled size from DK, and Metal Mario is a new set of textures with new weight/attack/defense parameters. Melee started the idea of making them items, but it wasn't intended originally that way. It's more of a lucky thing. Nobody was hard established as their own character at that point. Metal Mario in Mario Kart is about the only clone beyond the Babies that's remotely unique as a person.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh, Gold Flower isn't any better. Though if it just makes a Gold coloring, sure. But changing weight is a pretty big change too. The Power-Up Item would at best increase speed, maybe more invincibility frames? Or could give a special item. But think of how many clones are removed from it. You remove barely 2 clones maximum with the Metal item while removing an actual unique person. Is it really worth it in the end for that? Also, more work can be better. You could also give power-up items that aren't palette swaps for others. Think of it like the special item in Double Dash, just applied better.

I don't think it's too much work. It's literally just taking the old costume characters and switching how you play as them. Most of the work is done already.

Smash also has tons of weird power-ups like that, and new modes were intended in Melee to benefit from that. Giant DK is an upscaled size from DK, and Metal Mario is a new set of textures with new weight/attack/defense parameters. Melee started the idea of making them items, but it wasn't intended originally that way. It's more of a lucky thing. Nobody was hard established as their own character at that point. Metal Mario in Mario Kart is about the only clone beyond the Babies that's remotely unique as a person.
I don’t know if I’m fully convinced on Metal Mario yet, but I’ll at least add him in my “Undecided” category for my roster.

I don’t know who you want in, but if you wanna practice coming up with special items with my roster for this special Power-Up, be my guest.

Yeah, I think the Gold Flower would just give a Gold coat as well as function like the Fire Flower except it would give out more coins for every opponent hit.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don’t know if I’m fully convinced on Metal Mario yet, but I’ll at least add him in my “Undecided” category for my roster.

I don’t know who you want in, but if you wanna practice coming up with special items with my roster for this special Power-Up, be my guest.

Yeah, I think the Gold Flower would just give a Gold coat as well as function like the Fire Flower except it would give out more coins for every opponent hit.
Well, Gold Flower doesn't work if Metal Mario is turning into Gold Mario via a power-up, but you could do other stuff then.

Mario - Fire Mario. Instant Fireballs.
Metal Mario - Flying Metal Mario(yes, this is a thing). Gains speed and the opponent cannot use their backwind to gain extra speed in return. Acceleration stays the same.
Bowser - This is a difficult one. Maybe his Kart changes into Koopa Clown Car colors and he can fire blaster shots like the Bowser Statues? That or lavaballs that literally cover the ground. There's also Big Steelies.

Just off the top of my head. Could you give me your ideal roster(let's assume Metal is on it for now).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, Gold Flower doesn't work if Metal Mario is turning into Gold Mario via a power-up, but you could do other stuff then.

Mario - Fire Mario. Instant Fireballs.
Metal Mario - Flying Metal Mario(yes, this is a thing). Gains speed and the opponent cannot use their backwind to gain extra speed in return. Acceleration stays the same.
Bowser - This is a difficult one. Maybe his Kart changes into Koopa Clown Car colors and he can fire blaster shots like the Bowser Statues? That or lavaballs that literally cover the ground. There's also Big Steelies.

Just off the top of my head. Could you give me your ideal roster(let's assume Metal is on it for now).
Here, go nuts.
I think I might’ve just glanced over those ones, but yeah it’s less about the uniqueness and more on I’m confused how you think those would work on karts OR bikes.

So yeah, my roster is 48 characters base, 16 per weight class, newcomers are bolded, almost all the clones from Tour are alt costumes, if you have any questions or characters you want to bring up, let me know.
Toad (w/Pit Crew, Party Time outfits)
Toadette
Koopa Troopa (w/Freerunning outfit)
Dry Bones
Shy Guy (w/Pastry Chef Outfit)
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy
Kamek
Blooper
E. Gadd
Nabbit
Cappy
Mario (w/Fire, Ice, Doctor, Builder, Wedding, Musician, Hakama, Santa, Happi, Classic outfits)
Luigi (w/Penguin, Classic outfits)
Peach (w/Kimono, Vacation, Wintertime outfits)
Daisy (w/Holiday Cheer outfit)
Yoshi (w/Reindeer, Egg Hunt outfits)
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline (w/Party Time outfit)
Hammer Bro (w/Boomerang, Fire, and Ice colors)
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup
Donkey Kong
Wario (w/Hiker outfit)
Waluigi (w/Bus Driver outfit)
Bowser (w/Dry Bowser Costume)
Rosalina (w/Halloween, Aurora Costume)
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool
Lightweight
Baby Peach
Monty Mole
Virus
Mini Mario
Polterpup
Ashley

Isabelle
Kirby
Olimar
Chibi-Robo

Middleweight
Donkey Kong Jr.
Peachette
Broozer
Chimpy
Topper
Hariet
Mona

Inkling
Fox
Sonic

Pac-Man

Heavyweight
Lubba
Spewart
Rango
Jimmy T

Link
Samus
Captain Falcon
Mega Man

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here, go nuts.
This'll take a while. Do note I won't cover everything.

-Lightweights
Toad (w/Pit Crew, Party Time outfits)
Toadette
Koopa Troopa (w/Freerunning outfit)
Dry Bones
Shy Guy (w/Pastry Chef Outfit) - Dons the General Guy outfit and fires off multiple Bullet Bills that target an enemy. They are slow and cause a small explosion.
Baby Mario - Super Baby Mario. Gains invincibility and speed, but nothing else.
Baby Luigi
Lakitu -Spiny Attack. He puts on a Spiny Hat similar to the ones in Smash, and throws a few out. They'll move around slowly, and faster towards other combatants. They won't move towards Lakitu, but he's not immune.
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy
Kamek
Blooper
E. Gadd
Nabbit
Cappy

-Middleweights
Mario (w/Fire, Ice, Doctor, Builder, Wedding, Musician, Hakama, Santa, Happi, Classic outfits) -Fire Mario instead, and maybe remove Ice Mario or make it go a darker blue? Allows him to shoot a huge fireball, or smaller ones by mashing the Item Button.
Luigi (w/Penguin, Classic outfits) - Cape Luigi. He'll go a bit faster, but also can use the item button to spin around, deflecting some obstacles. You cannot use his drift.
Peach (w/Kimono, Vacation, Wintertime outfits)
Daisy (w/Holiday Cheer outfit)
Yoshi (w/Reindeer, Egg Hunt outfits)
Birdo
Diddy Kong - Rocketbarrel. Basically in drift mode, and can fire straight in front of him with two shots. This lasts very shortly compared to your general power-up due to having no real downsides.
Bowser Jr.
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline (w/Party Time outfit)
Hammer Bro (w/Boomerang, Fire, and Ice colors)
Captain Toad - Takes off his backpack, and speeds forward very fast. Is extremely hard to control, almost like a bullet bill. Lasts fairly long, but he loses his acceleration entirely after it's done and goes very very slow in return, like the Heavyweight acceleration speed.
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup

-Heavyweights
Donkey Kong - Barrel Mayhem. He throws out a bunch of Barrels in front and back of him. These do not hurt him. He has a retro-like coloring like the original DK Arcade game during this, including some pixels.
Wario (w/Hiker outfit) - ...Was this supposed to be Biker outfit?
Waluigi (w/Bus Driver outfit)
Bowser (w/Dry Bowser Costume) -Big Steely. He brings this out and throws it into the the actual course. It always stays on course like a bowling ball, going forward for a bit(think versions of the Blue Shells that stay in the middle of the road). This cannot hurt him either. Once it hits a maximum of 2 or goes for about a few miles(or so. I never could determine that well), it disappears.
Rosalina (w/Halloween, Aurora Costume)
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool

Others-
Lightweight
Baby Peach
Monty Mole
Virus
Mini Mario
Polterpup
Ashley

Isabelle
Kirby
Olimar
Chibi-Robo

Middleweight
Donkey Kong Jr.
Peachette
Broozer
Chimpy
Topper
Hariet
Mona

Inkling
Fox
Sonic
- Super Sonic. This is mostly similar to Captain Toad, but instead he doesn't move as high forward as he moves to the side a lot quicker. Much harder to control. Anyone he runs into is hit hard like a Blue Shell. But again, once done, his acceleration tanks.
Pac-Man

Heavyweight
Metal Mario(only put here since they're on the maybe list) - Flying Metal Mario. Moves a lot faster, and the opponent cannot use the drift mechanic against them. Does not gain invincibility frames. Acceleration remains the same.
Lubba
Spewart
Rango
Jimmy T

Link
Samus
Captain Falcon
- Falcon Punch. He juts forward with a blow akin to throwing a Bob-omb, knocking out anyone along the way.
Mega Man
- Hyper MegaMan. A callback from Marvel VS Capcom. Being this is a crossover game, sure, why not. He fires a lot of missiles and then a laser, while also moving slower. These do not target outright(but do go forward like throwing a banana forward). The missiles do cause a decent-sized explosion, of which he will not be hit if he comes nearby at the time. The explosions are not that huge either.
Other than lacking Villager, who has no business being cut, I don't have a lot of ideas.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth some of those seem like a stretch but it seems like an interesting idea to work with despite me not being fully on board yet, maybe I’ll wait to see more ideas.

...Was this supposed to be Biker outfit?
No, he has a hiker variant in Mario Kart Tour

Other than lacking Villager, who has no business being cut
I wanted to keep the consistency of 4 3rd party (as in series other than Mario) characters, one from each series and I see New Leaf Villager being middleweight but I don’t see him replacing any of the others or any others going into lightweight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth some of those seem like a stretch but it seems like an interesting idea to work with despite me not being fully on board yet, maybe I’ll wait to see more ideas.
I really liked what Double Dash did. Hope they help.

No, he has a hiker variant in Mario Kart Tour
Ah. Add the Biker outfit too, imo. It's an important part of his history.

I wanted to keep the consistency of 4 3rd party (as in series other than Mario) characters, one from each series and I see New Leaf Villager being middleweight but I don’t see him replacing any of the others or any others going into lightweight.
They aren't going to be both cut either. I get what you're saying, but Isabelle is already no longer being treated as "key" as of the latest game. Tom Nook and Villager are the ones in the spotlight again. If it's going to be one, the player character is far more logical now. Or Tom Nook only. It's kind of sad they dropped her focus, but she's not even being treated as more than an after thought in New Horizons. Which is dumb, imo. She's still a mascot for the series. She's gotten about as much spotlight as Leif and Redd, basically.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really liked what Double Dash did. Hope they help.

Ah. Add the Biker outfit too, imo. It's an important part of his history.

They aren't going to be both cut either. I get what you're saying, but Isabelle is already no longer being treated as "key" as of the latest game. Tom Nook and Villager are the ones in the spotlight again. If it's going to be one, the player character is far more logical now. Or Tom Nook only. It's kind of sad they dropped her focus, but she's not even being treated as more than an after thought in New Horizons. Which is dumb, imo. She's still a mascot for the series. She's gotten about as much spotlight as Leif and Redd, basically.
I’m personally not a huge fan of DD’s exclusive item system, I’d rather have something more probability based.

Yeah, I was at least gonna add that costume if the WarioWare characters I listed got in too, maybe it could be part of a DLC pack with them if they aren’t base.

I guess I can replace Isabelle with Nook then and still keep him in lightweight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’m personally not a huge fan of DD’s exclusive item system, I’d rather have something more probability based.

Yeah, I was at least gonna add that costume if the WarioWare characters I listed got in too, maybe it could be part of a DLC pack with them if they aren’t base.

I guess I can replace Isabelle with Nook then and still keep him in lightweight.
...At that point just keep Villager or make AC an exception. Like, the Avatar was added because they're an important character if not the most important to the series. In fact, you could just throw in all 3 as it's a special exception due to vastly no clear best option?

And yeah, I get ya. DD was done pretty poorly. The concept is cool, though.

That works for the Biker outfit, then~

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
...At that point just keep Villager or make AC an exception. Like, the Avatar was added because they're an important character if not the most important to the series. In fact, you could just throw in all 3 as it's a special exception due to vastly no clear best option?
I’ll put back in Villager if you can convince me which of the other middleweights could take the lightweight place instead or give me a different character for lightweight and which middleweight should Villager replace?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Let's play a fun little game.

Nintendo has announced that to promote a healthy competitive relationship between rival companies, they're putting a Sony-owned character in Smash, and they're holding a survey with the main protagonists from several of their games. You get three votes for characters, the first one you vote for becomes a playable character and the other two become Mii outfits. Who are you voting for?

Choose from this list:

- Spike (Ape Escape series)
- Parappa (Parappa the Rapper series)
- Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank series)
- Arc (Arc the Lad series)
- Sir Daniel (MidiEvil series)
- Dart Feld (Legend of Dragoon series)
- Gabriel (Syphon Filter series)
- Sly Cooper (Sly series)
- Jak & Daxter (Jak series)
- Kratos (God of War series)
- Rudy (Wild Arms series)
- Toan (Dark Cloud series)
- Wander (Shadow of the Colossus/Ico series)
- Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal series)
- Radec (Killzone series)
- Joel (The Last of Us series)
- Chimera (Resistance series)
- Cole (InFamous series)
- Kat (Gravity Rush series)
- Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet series)
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)
- Knack (Knack series)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’ll put back in Villager if you can convince me which of the other middleweights could take the lightweight place instead or give me a different character for lightweight and which middleweight should Villager replace?
Let me relook. I don't think replacing should exist, though.

Hmm. If he's a Lightweight(I presume this is correct in the original game), you could give one more Heavy and Middle as is. Well, Metal Mario could just be your extra Heavy, sure. For Middle, not sure on that. ...Maybe Doomslayer for Heavyweight as a fun joke? What about Marth for a Middleweight? He'd look hilarious. Could ride a horse even, as in a proper horse, or another horse cycle as a joke like Link does. Or even a Pegasus kart.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Let me relook. I don't think replacing should exist, though.

Hmm. If he's a Lightweight(I presume this is correct in the original game), you could give one more Heavy and Middle as is. Well, Metal Mario could just be your extra Heavy, sure. For Middle, not sure on that. ...Maybe Doomslayer for Heavyweight as a fun joke? What about Marth for a Middleweight? He'd look hilarious. Could ride a horse even, as in a proper horse, or another horse cycle as a joke like Link does. Or even a Pegasus kart.
They are a middleweight, I’d need a different character for lightweight. If they were lightweight, I could just slot them in where Isabelle is

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They are a middleweight, I’d need a different character for lightweight. If they were lightweight, I could just slot them in where Isabelle is
Oh. Okay, well, Middleweight, Lightweight, and Heavyweight don't have the same numbers either. So it's not too hard.

I'd just add it in as is. Let's see, what other kinds of Lightweights... maybe also throw in... okay, I can't think of anything yet. Without reusing another franchise. A regular Boo for Lightweight is one thing, I guessss? But that's eh. Or maybe a Nipper Plant? Heavy I still say go with Doomslayer. Or maybe a Monster from Monster Hunter like Rathalos since Isabelle was in MH at one point as a cameo. It'd be a hilarious one too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh. Okay, well, Middleweight, Lightweight, and Heavyweight don't have the same numbers either. So it's not too hard.

I'd just add it in as is. Let's see, what other kinds of Lightweights... maybe also throw in... okay, I can't think of anything yet. Without reusing another franchise. A regular Boo for Lightweight is one thing, I guessss? But that's eh. Or maybe a Nipper Plant? Heavy I still say go with Doomslayer. Or maybe a Monster from Monster Hunter like Rathalos since Isabelle was in MH at one point as a cameo. It'd be a hilarious one too.
I got it, if I go five instead, then I’ll have Villager in middleweight, add Balloon Fighter in Lightweight, replace Isabelle with Nook and put an Excitebike Racer in Heavy

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The final boss fight of Project x zone 2 is still some of the hypest **** I've ever seen.

You fight a big bad from Nintendo, a big bad from Sega, 2 big bads from Capcom and 2 from Namco while reality itself falls apart at the seams and epic midi rock music plays in the backgrpund.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Nintendo has announced that to promote a healthy competitive relationship between rival companies, they're putting a Sony-owned character in Smash, and they're holding a survey with the main protagonists from several of their games. You get three votes for characters, the first one you vote for becomes a playable character and the other two become Mii outfits. Who are you voting for?

Choose from this list:

- Cole (InFamous series)
- Knack (Knack series)
First vote: Kat (Gravity Rush Series)
Second vote: Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet Series)
Third vote: Dart Feld (The Legend of Dragoon)

Did I do it right?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eh 18 hours break.

Still bored as hell. Why is it everytime I post here, I've been imagining being in my local bank?

And found out my classmates have all stopped talking to each other for a reason that happened on something I don't use anymore. Forgot I had Snapchat four months ago.

The final boss fight of Project x zone 2 is still some of the hypest **** I've ever seen.

You fight a big bad from Nintendo, a big bad from Sega, 2 big bads from Capcom and 2 from Namco while reality itself falls apart at the seams and epic midi rock music plays in the backgrpund.
And while of course you question why some characters aren't there you just don't care at the same time when you are experiencing one of the greatest gaming moments on the 3DS and then some.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean you suggested Rathalos.

but yeah, Excitebike makes sense with the racing game aspect and cameo in 8 and Balloon Fighter would make a perfect lightweight with the balloons.
I mean, Rathalos is like... the mascot of Monster Hunter. And the only other one I could think of was Ridley, but that kind of goes against the point.

...Plus, I wanted a good reason to keep Isabelle, by giving characters who were in a crossover with her overall. Well, it didn't work, and that's fair~

Nonetheless, really fun ideas. I guess we have different tastes, heh.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I kinda want the next game to ditch the metal characters and instead make it into an item.

And I actually want the reverse for Blooper to take it out as an item and upgrade it into a racer.
Ah, so he's just a clone of Metal, got it.

This doesn't work when Metal Mario is his own person in Mario Kart. He's not Mario covered in Metal since 7. Basically, he's about as similar to Mario as Paper Mario is(which are also entirely different people). ...Also, add Paper Mario, though I can't say for his power-uped form. Invincibility colors would start to flash way too much and hurt people's eyes if implemented correctly. Maybe the Shadow-like variant from TTYD? Or just Dark Mario from Super Paper Mario.

But I could see a power-up item otherwise transforming them. Mario could become Fire Mario, Metal Mario could become Gold Mario, since Pink Gold Peach is not an actual separate person in the game, she could work as a power-up instead.

...They can ditch the babies outside of Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Hell, add a Baby Yoshi, and you could also have Donkey Kong Jr. and Baby Wario if you want to push it. At least they're not made up entirely on the spot.

Alternatively, just give everyone a proper palette swap option. Doesn't change what I said about Metal Mario being a different person, so he doesn't work as a swap for Mario anymore. You can blame Smash for actually bothering to separate them, heh.
This, metal Mario I feel earns a separate spot as he is basically the boss metal Mario from smash 64. Which has always been viewed as a separate entity.

The rest can go though, and blooper would be fun. Bring Petey Piranha back too.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The only good thing about Okumura's Palace is that the best palace happens right after.

His boss fight was ****ing impossible until I switched from Hard to Merciless for the extra elemental damage.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Choose from this list:

- Cole (InFamous series)
- Knack (Knack series)
Dart, Kat and Nathan Drake would be my choices.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wademan94 Wademan94 yeah Metal Mario is like a separate entity from Mario, like a mysterious clone or something; he acts cockier than Mario tends to, such as sometimes saying “No surprise!” when winning, and he’ll say some of Mario’s voicelines differently too, like “papa!” instead of “mama!” and saying “Mia mama!”

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The only good thing about Okumura's Palace is that the best palace happens right after.

His boss fight was ****ing impossible until I switched from Hard to Merciless for the extra elemental damage.
The only redeeming factor of this dungeon is that is reminds me of some of the most Sonic stages from Sa2.

Eh 18 hours break.

Still bored as hell. Why is it everytime I post here, I've been imagining being in my local bank?

And found out my classmates have all stopped talking to each other for a reason that happened on something I don't use anymore. Forgot I had Snapchat four months ago.

And while of course you question why some characters aren't there you just don't care at the same time when you are experiencing one of the greatest gaming moments on the 3DS and then some.
Yeah, it truly is a great moment in gaming, I wish the song here was put in Smash. It would fit final destination pretty well.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Nah. I just don’t think it’s very entertaining. Same reason I don’t really like honest trailers. Same thing over and over imo. And I’m sure cinemasins is the same way but I’ve only watched them twice. I’d rather have actual reviews and thorough criticisms made about the movies than nitpicking or making jokes about them. It’s just my preference. I feel like it’s WAY more respectful to the people who put blood, sweat, and tears into the movie to receive legit criticisms rather than vague jokes and nitpicking.

But, again, that’s just me. To each their own.
xD It has been ages since the last time I have watched either CinamaSins or Honest Trailers. I won't deny they got laughs here and there out of me, but there was one point where I got bored of both. I think I have been watching a lot more stuff from people like Jeremy Jhans and Chris Stuckmann and they are also pretty funny.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Choose from this list:

- Cole (InFamous series)
- Knack (Knack series)
Vote 1: Ratchet and Clank
Vote 2: Jak and Daxter
Vote 3: Sly Cooper

This would be my choice in this given circumstance, but if we only got to pick a character and nothing else, I would go with Kratos. The three votes really changes who I vote for.

Honerable mention goes to Spike from Ape Escape as another Mii Costume

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I'm guessing that a streamer played one of my courses, because out of nowhere, ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN people played this one course I made.

Didn't expect to see that.

Edit: It was actually 155

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, Rathalos is like... the mascot of Monster Hunter. And the only other one I could think of was Ridley, but that kind of goes against the point.

...Plus, I wanted a good reason to keep Isabelle, by giving characters who were in a crossover with her overall. Well, it didn't work, and that's fair~

Nonetheless, really fun ideas. I guess we have different tastes, heh.
I mean I can keep Isabelle instead of Nook, you said that she wasn’t as relevant anymore with Horizons.

Also what other characters did you want that I haven’t listed?

This, metal Mario I feel earns a separate spot as he is basically the boss metal Mario from smash 64. Which has always been viewed as a separate entity.

The rest can go though, and blooper would be fun. Bring Petey Piranha back too.
Wademan94 Wademan94 yeah Metal Mario is like a separate entity from Mario, like a mysterious clone or something; he acts cockier than Mario tends to, such as sometimes saying “No surprise!” when winning, and he’ll say some of Mario’s voicelines differently too, like “papa!” instead of “mama!” and saying “Mia mama!”
I didn’t think people cared so much about Metal Mario, also it’s hard to tell what he’s saying through the filters. I’ll keep him as a potential option for now.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New level uploaded, Bridge to the Acorn Mountain. It use the new power-up of the same name in various way so that you can access to the other side of the mountain. Since the bridge isn't done yet, the road won't be easy, but hey, flying is still fun, right?

Code is NG6-7XC-2RF

Hope you enjoy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean I can keep Isabelle instead of Nook, you said that she wasn’t as relevant anymore with Horizons.
I'd prefer all 3, but as much as I like Nook, I'd rather not cut and replace if possible. It's up to you, though.

I didn’t think people cared so much about Metal Mario, also it’s hard to tell what he’s saying through the filters. I’ll keep him as a potential option for now.
I think maybe you're misunderstanding us. Not all care if he goes. It's just that he doesn't work as a power-up or costume anymore due to being too different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom