• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m just making a joke dude.

Where do you want me to start?
I didn't see the edit until after I posted and detecting sarcasm over the internet isn't my strong suit...especially when I've only had two or three hours of sleep. :-P

What kind of fighting system have you brainstormed so far? Are you making a party brawler similar to Smash Bros but with Sonic characters, or are you aiming for a more traditional system with special mechanics inspired by elements from the series?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I didn't see the edit until after I posted and detecting sarcasm over the internet isn't my strong suit...especially when I've only had two or three hours of sleep. :-P

What kind of fighting system have you brainstormed so far? Are you making a party brawler similar to Smash Bros but with Sonic characters, or are you aiming for a more traditional system with special mechanics inspired by elements from the series?
The latter, similar gameplay to the Capcom Vs./Arc System Works games, I know that style has been overdone but I feel like it suits the Sonic series so well. Though I’m not entirely sure what mechanics from the series could be implemented yet.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing Overwatch
>enters a skirmish
>four echos in spawn using the sit emote and spamming one voice line
>"I'll try anything once."
20200423_225431.jpg

I've walked in on some cursed ****, but you aren't going to top that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Eww, get that thing the hell away from me. Can't believe that garbage was even considered a possible leak at one point.

And what is his series icon supposed to represent, anyway?
The icon is supposed to be the logo for the Arcana cards from persona 4.

I don't know why that would be the pErsona universe icon but I guess it kinda fits the franchise's vibes more than the actual logo.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The latter, similar gameplay to the Capcom Vs./Arc System Works games, I know that style has been overdone but I feel like it suits the Sonic series so well. Though I’m not entirely sure what mechanics from the series could be implemented yet.
How about a ring system where each team is given a set amount of them and you can spend said rings over the course of the match to access powerups like the elemental shields or maybe even speed sneakers for increased mobility? It'd probably be hell to balance properly but the joy of the VS series has always been about adjusting to busted ****, so I dunno.

Probably a dumb idea but it's all I've got ATM.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How about a ring system where each team is given a set amount of them and you can spend said rings over the course of the match to access powerups like the elemental shields or maybe even speed sneakers for increased mobility? It'd probably be hell to balance properly but the joy of the VS series has always been about adjusting to busted ****, so I dunno.

Probably a dumb idea but it's all I've got ATM.
I’ll keep that in mind.

I started a thread on this idea too if you need a better picture of what I have in mind for this so far:
https://smashboards.com/threads/working-on-ideas-for-a-sonic-fighting-game-“sonic-clash”.467802/

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's many small issues that add up with online. Delay's terrible, netcode is garbage, people do not get penalized for rage quitting (the one who didn't rage quit can though), lag can get terrible. It's a bunch of stuff that adds up.

Quickplay is actually unpleasant half of the time because of it. Some moves straight up do not work because if how bad it can be.
pure luck for me I guess
Edit: I broke this post on accident just by editing the quote but just pretend I didn’t
will always not pretend...something...idk don't hurt me
All this persona 5 content on switch is just the most elaborate commercial for PlayStation I've ever seen.
worth it just to have Persona 5 related things to play on the Switch
This actually kinda slaps.
View attachment 270077
why does this look cool¿

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Is there anything else I can answer real quick?
Assuming that this is indeed a tag based game, have you already envisioned suitable assists for some of the cast?

I'm also pretty intrigued by the concept of Heavy King utilizing the other Hard Boiled Heavies. What kind of moves would you assign to each one?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Assuming that this is indeed a tag based game, have you already envisioned suitable assists for some of the cast?

I'm also pretty intrigued by the concept of Heavy King utilizing the other Hard Boiled Heavies. What kind of moves would you assign to each one?
I was thinking something more like MvCI’s method of instantly switching between characters instead of assist moves.

Still working that out, though I imagine Heavy Gunner would shoot out missiles in a straight line, Shinobi would be close combat move and use his katana to freeze the opponent, Rider would zoom across the screen on the Motobug waving her flail and I’m not sure about Magician just yet

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel bad for SkyDoesMinecraft. Man was on top of the world, built up a unified community if Minecraft tubers, and then like, all of them ended up being pedos or criminals EXCEPT for him. Like, everything around him crashed except him.

Poor guy.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I feel bad for SkyDoesMinecraft. Man was on top of the world, built up a unified community if Minecraft tubers, and then like, all of them ended up being pedos or criminals EXCEPT for him. Like, everything around him crashed except him.

Poor guy.
What are you talking about? Haven't heard of that before.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I haven’t. And the thought of eating any cereal of any kind is enough to make me vomit. I am not joking. I can’t eat breakfast in dining halls because of it. Not even kidding.
This Is an oddly specific mental block.

I type as I eat nondescript dry marshmallow cereal at midnight

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What are you talking about? Haven't heard of that before.
He collabed with Bashurverse who had that allegation (nothing game out of it), JinBop was his best friend and he's in jail now, and a decent amount of others that he collabed with are either gone or in hot water.

Maybe saying everyone was an overstatement. I'm tired.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I tried public school for 5th grade and i couldn't eat in the lunchroom because it smelled like Soggy mayonnaise sandwiches my pastors wife makes that are so soggy the bread falls apart. I kept getting asked if my parents could afford to feed me because after 2 weeks of not eating my lunch they stopped sending me with them.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is it to you the same as CinemaSins making the movie less enjoyable?
Nah. I just don’t think it’s very entertaining. Same reason I don’t really like honest trailers. Same thing over and over imo. And I’m sure cinemasins is the same way but I’ve only watched them twice. I’d rather have actual reviews and thorough criticisms made about the movies than nitpicking or making jokes about them. It’s just my preference. I feel like it’s WAY more respectful to the people who put blood, sweat, and tears into the movie to receive legit criticisms rather than vague jokes and nitpicking.

But, again, that’s just me. To each their own.

D

Deleted member

Nah. I just don’t think it’s very entertaining. Same reason I don’t really like honest trailers. Same thing over and over imo. And I’m sure cinemasins is the same way but I’ve only watched them twice. I’d rather have actual reviews and thorough criticisms made about the movies than nitpicking or making jokes about them. It’s just my preference. I feel like it’s WAY more respectful to the people who put blood, sweat, and tears into the movie to receive legit criticisms rather than vague jokes and nitpicking.

CinemaSins is funner when it's about movies you don't like, like Star Wars Prequels. Otherwise, they get super repetitive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yeah this is reminding me of some people who made movies criticizing Cinemasins for blatantly lying about their movies either by saying something completely wrong or by manipulating footage to make it look like they have a point who were then deemed haters who didn't get the satire from people who judge movies from Cinemasins videos

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I tried public school for 5th grade and i couldn't eat in the lunchroom because it smelled like Soggy mayonnaise sandwiches my pastors wife makes that are so soggy the bread falls apart. I kept getting asked if my parents could afford to feed me because after 2 weeks of not eating my lunch they stopped sending me with them.
Dude same, I could not stomach the elementary school cafeteria. Thankfully my parent dumped me in a middle school that didn't HAVE a cafeteria because it was built next to a Mc Donald so the school just let us go there.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Trials of Mana spirit event has started.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
try to wake me up inside, cause in the end...it doesn't even matter

these are not songs that should be listened to before going to sleep...but American Dad and memes

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait what was the Spirit even before this one I missed it apparently.

Ah Animal Crossing. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
*My parents all those years*, "Go outside and play, it's good for you!"

*Me, twenty years later*, "Man, I'm glad I never took their advice, I've been preparing for this for years!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I should be sleeping right now, but instead I'm reading up on caterpillar metamorphosis.

It's fascinating, yet disgusting. Nature is insane sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom