• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
For the first time in an eternity I sat down and played a session of elite smash today.

The rulesets were at least consistently acceptable, connections mostly good with the exception of a Samus player whose connection was such hot garbage that cstick dtilts were being read as jabs. It wasn't a terrible experience all things considered.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I swear I'm calling Freezerburn Freezerburn "The Silent One" from now on. Always watching, always nodding of approval of those who makes a quality post.

The Silent One from behind the forums who likes. Fearsome.

Anyways outside of that.
Just explained one of my IRL friends about some plots to anime I've watched out of curiosity.

Told him the plot of The Devil is a Part Timer. He's like I want to watch that. Konosuba, he's curious.

Date a Live's plot:

1587083521832.png

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I swear I'm calling Freezerburn Freezerburn "The Silent One" from now on. Always watching, always nodding of approval of those who makes a quality post.

The Silent One from behind the forums who likes. Fearsome.
Remember that time he said he'd start posting if Banjo got in, :ultbanjokazooie: was added, and made all of one post? I never felt so betrayed in my life!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing that's annoying me about the Ninjala Twitter that constantly adverting the gameplay trailer #1 and CG movie episode 0 videos, both from 2 weeks ago, like they're brand new.

Just give me the next videos already!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The team behind FusionFall Universe just got a DMCA from Cartoon Network. And once more my childhood time-sync disappears into the ether. Now I'm just left hoping that CN decides the old game has some worth and brings is back. Which will never happen.

Today is a dark day for Cartoon Network fans.

Another casualty of 2020. The new worst year ever.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Another casualty of 2020. The new worst year ever.
You can't help but think there has to be an exchange of all this badness for one major good event, something fate has in the works to help humanity surely.

Not gonna say certain things, names or what have you.. but you could guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dude. If Steve actually becomes a thing in Smash, this better be a music selection in his stage. This is honestly my most favorite MC tune in the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I witnessed Luigi say the n word to Mario...and also wah-tched Wario die in an elevator while eating Oreos dry...idk why the things I find on YouTube end up making me laugh hard

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its funny...

I just notice how much the MonsterVerse mirrors off the Heisei Gamera Trilogy. The similarities are too familiar to be an coincidence especially with the whole environment issue to it.

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe/Godzilla (2014): https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/c...9382b5f996&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=97j3si

Also

-Like Gyaos who is reawakened and empowered due to humanity's destruction of the environment, the MUTOs are reawakened by human activity and feed on manmade nuclear materials.
-The JSDF mistakenly believes Gamera to be the greater threat compared to Gyaos before finally deciding to "let them fight" in a major urban center in the film's climactic battle. In both cases, the heroic monster tries to stop his enemy from reproducing from its nest in the heart of the city.
-Gamera beheads Gyaos before returning back to the ocean triumphantly, exactly as Godzilla does to the female MUTO.

Gamera 2: Attack of Legion/Godzilla: King of the Monsters: Both films have humanity deciding to join forces with the heroic monster against a much greater threat. Both of the antagonistic kaiju are extraterrestrial monsters who want to reshape the earth to fit their needs with an army of minions at their disposal. The heroic kaiju is nearly killed before his final encounter with his enemy, but comes back to life. With the assistance of humanity and a powerful final attack, the heroic monster is victorious in his final clash with his foe. At the end of the film, both humanity and the heroic monster are in an uneasy alliance, but many question how long it will last.

Kong: Skull Island kinda takes some elements from Gamera: Guardian of the Universe as well with like how Gamera keeps Gyaos in check, Kong does the same with Skullcrawlers which are pretty much the MonsterVerse equivalent to them given their endless need to devour.

More so like the Heisei Gamera Trilogy as King of the Monsters introduced there was an advanced ancient civilization that worshipped Godzilla akin to Gamera who was created by Atlantis and as the movie also shows like Gamera 3 said monsters inspired various mythical monsters in mythology.

And you know what?...I love it! :pimp:

Something tells me that Godzilla vs. Kong is gonna take from Gamera 3. I expect Godzilla is probably gonna become more anti-heroic like G3 Gamera where he causes lot of human causalities in the process while dealing with an rogue titan and like G3 Gamera he's more concerned about his status as alpha and the state of the earth given at the end of King of the Monsters with "Good thing he's on our side" and "For now".

Rumors also has it that Mechagodzilla will have something that draws titans to him to kill them. This has me thinking it might be able to control Skullcrawlers as Iris did with Gyaos'. If you really think about it the Skullcrawlers are pretty much the Gyaos of the MonsterVerse given their insatiable hunger and devouring everything they see.

Don't be surprised if the film ends ambiguously with Godzilla and Kong having to deal with every Skullcrawler all around the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom