• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So basically It could do the job.

Nice.
i was gonna ask "does it have substantial purpose and will be used accordingly" but dude we got ****ing :lgbtasriel: and :sasukexumbreon: who cares anymore, certainly not the mods behind this stuff making emotes for their personal benefit. Except :nifty:, I like this one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
i was gonna ask "does it have substantial purpose and will be used accordingly" but dude we got ****ing :lgbtasriel: and :sasukexumbreon: who cares anymore, certainly not the mods behind this stuff making emotes for their personal benefit. Except :nifty:, I like this one.
:nifty: Conveys an air of smugness. But it could also represent modesty, curiosity, pettiness. It’s a good, multipurpose emote.

D

Deleted member

I can't stop with the memes.

EVB7OlCUEAAHR4Q.jpeg

This is literally the first thing which came to my mind when I saw the PS5 controller.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So the music pick for the official Final Fantasy 7 Remake trailer is ****ing Rat in a Cage?

That's such a weird ass music choice.

D

Deleted member

So the music pick for the official Final Fantasy 7 Remake trailer is ****ing Rat in a Cage?

That's such a weird ass music choice.
Meh, not the weirdest music choice I've seen for a commercials:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Gets matched against someone way better then me*
*Drops out of Elite Smash*
*Gets matched against someone worse then me*
*Unlocks Elite Smash again*

*Repeat ad infinitum*

Call it a hunch, but I'm starting to think Ultimate's match making is just slightly flawed.

Man its been too long since I played Quickplay, that horrible beautiful mess.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That part made me feel so happy.

When was the last time Disney remembered Max?
I think it was the second Christmas special as that was the last time I remember seeing him growing up, and if I'm right that means the poor kid hasn't appeared in over 15 years.

Just another reason to love the Ducktales reboot, I don't think Max would've appeared otherwise.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man all this Ducktales talk is making me want to watch those those new episodes, but unfortunately my only access to shows is through streaming services.

And before someone inevtiably suggests it, I'll have you know that I too much personal pride to make like Don Karnage, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man all this Ducktales talk is making me want to watch those those new episodes, but unfortunately my only access to shows is through streaming services.

And before someone inevtiably suggests it, I'll have you know that I to much personal pride to make like Don Karnage, if you know what I mean.
I'm still waiting for Season 2 to be released in the Spain version of Disney+.

Season 1 is so far really good.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, I was looking at Smash Wiki and saw this:

Castlevania and Bayonetta are the only two universes with significant religious design elements to introduce a playable fighter.
Some of you never summoned the Rebel King of Hell with the power of friendship and it shows.

D

Deleted member

So, I was looking at Smash Wiki and saw this:

Some of you never summoned the Rebel King of Hell with the power of friendship and it shows.
Haven't played a Persona game yet besides the demo of Scramble/Strikers, but I think I remember some religious connotations with some of the Personas present in the games.

So yeah, I feel that Smash Wiki text is wrong.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Didn't the first Final Fantasy have churches? It was noticeable enough for NoA to censor them :yoshi:
I'm not sure how "significant" things need to be for that trivia point. Castlevania has straight up holy water and crucifixes. Final Fantasy tends to allude to Abrahamic religions and certainly has explicit references from other religions. The churches in them aren't that significant.

Honestly, thinking about it seems by significant religious design elements, they mean significant Christian design elements.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Dragon Quest also has churches.

You literally use them to save your save file.

So that's five series with religious stuff already (Castlevania, Bayonetta, Persona, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest).

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's a church in EarthBound Beginnings.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Didn't the first Final Fantasy have churches? It was noticeable enough for NoA to censor them :yoshi:
Fire Emblem and Zelda also have quite a bit religious theme but they are not outright real ones.

Kid Icarus can go either way, depending on whether you count ancient Greek religious practices and how much Pit's design takes from Christian definition of angels.

I'm not sure how "significant" things need to be for that trivia point. Castlevania has straight up holy water and crucifixes. Final Fantasy tends to allude to Abrahamic religions and certainly has explicit references from other religions. The churches in them aren't that significant.

Honestly, thinking about it seems by significant religious design elements, they mean significant Christian design elements.
The part that bugs me is that "significant" being a quite relative term.

Also yeah, I'm curious if they would count, say, Ōkami content as significantly religious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl has Arceus and that church-kind of place at the city where you go to those Pokémon contests.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So I noticed that Joker has two taunts where he will face a specific direction. If he is facing the "wrong" way (left for up taunt and right for down taunt) has additional animations for him turning around at the start and turning around again at the end. Cool little detail.
Made me think about how it would be funny if Samus had a skin where his model is just mirrored and cannon on the wrong hand half the time just like in I believe first Metroid game and maybe Metroid 2.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I noticed that Joker has two taunts where he will face a specific direction. If he is facing the "wrong" way (left for up taunt and right for down taunt) has additional animations for him turning around at the start and turning around again at the end. Cool little detail.
Made me think about how it would be funny if Samus had a skin where his model is just mirrored and cannon on the wrong hand half the time just like in I believe first Metroid game and maybe Metroid 2.
1. Characters with taunts like that have been doing it since Brawl.

if Samus had a skin where his model
Samus had a skin where his
Ooof

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Opened up an Instagram account. It'll be the same as my Twitter where I post my art mostly. I just wish I could work on it from my computer and not primarily my phone. I might also get a Newgrounds account for the same thing too soon. I really just need to start shilling the crap out of my stuff. And keep practicing. And practicing. And practicing. And practicing. I only really had my Twitter for like 2 months and some change, but I haven't made a ton of progress with it yet.

Though getting a following going is kind of annoying, if I'm honest. Not that my crap sleeping schedule is helping with that. On the bright side, I got a lot of drawing done this past week, regardless of it being not by best work.

TL;DR, Making art and posting it is fun, trying to build an audience is stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom