• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Speaking of new emotes, how in the **** do we not have one for Reyn Time?!

Just a reminder that you can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They have? Which ones?

My first language doesn't have gendered pronouns so I forget. Ignore that.
Well Captain Falcon's is probably the most noticeable.

Before when characters had taunts where they faced the screen, if they did it facing the wrong direction they'd face away from the screen. So you'd get stuff like Kirby saying hi while facing the background.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We got Sprites for Kirby, Mario, Samus, Yoshi and Ness ect. as emotes.

Just give me some for Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic and Protoman too I guess. Like, why the hell do we have Teemo, but no Sanic to meme it up with?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , Lamperouge Lamperouge and a few others.

Managed to do a good five hours of diving into FFVII Remake and have some varied thoughts with a few spoilers in here. A bit lengthy but bare with me.

Firstly I think it's a pretty good game. Not absolutely amazing and I've seen better remakes but it's still enjoyable. I don't regret getting it yet.
I'll go through four main positives and two negatives, with a spoiler filled thought at the end with a theory. Up til chapter 4 end.

Positives.

1. The battle system. That battle system I would have to say is probably the series best along with FFX's and Lightning Returns.

2. Visually fantastic and outside of well a few low textures that could be fixed with a patch it's definitely one of the best looking games this gen.

3. Just the fact that I can walk through Midgar and see every little detail and see the city in daytime wowed the hell out of me.

4. Voice acting and writing feels off, but like a good off in a way. It's a bit hammy and feels a bit badly written but in the best way.

Negatives.

1. I'm enjoyed this game a lot but outside of the battle system, it feels like I'm playing a reskinned version of FFXIII, it's probably me. I loved FFXV because it felt so different from the rest of gaming, but here I feel like I'm getting XIII vibes.

2. Okay there was a plot point that felt off about it, and it's very confusing but I'll leave it.

Now a theory I have involving a new plot point and people comparing the story to another Square Enix RPG.

The Watchmen of Fate. When I heard about this I thought it was a really cool concept. Ghostly spectres haunting Cloud and Aerith.
I think I know what their role is considering they clearly seem separate from the Sephiroth clones now.

I think FFVII Remake and FFVII Original exist together but in parallel timelines or universes, and the Watchmen of Fate are meant to keep the story to the FFVII Original (presumed the true timeline) if anything goes "off". I saw people compared it to Bravely Default and its universes so that's what I've made up so far.

So to my friends read my thoughts and let me know. I'll be diving in again later on.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh hey, Another older sketch I should clean up digitally. This time it's the Legendary Hungry Wolf! :ult_terry:

Y'all know I had to rep the boy at some point. Noipoi Noipoi Shroob Shroob Wademan94 Wademan94 Idon Idon Lamperouge Lamperouge AndreaAC AndreaAC and @JDCabrera
:3 You are really good at this! Keep it up! And yeah, it would be really cool seeing it done digitally!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
decided to take a look at the fan reactions to FF7R on the FF subreddit now some people are reaching the ending

knuckles_ohno.mp3

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
no, but i kept track of the story and watched the game through when the controversies started kicking up about a week ago
I was like fine with spoilers but now playing it and having theories I'm gonna not wanting it.

Plus these sort of real time RPGs I tend to complete pretty quickly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
actually just thought about it. The changes to FF make sense since its a remake and not a remaster. If it was a remasted version on FF and had changes, Id be confused. Sounds to me everyone was expecting a Remaster and didnt know what Remake meant

Last edited:

AndreaAC

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13540266/1/Whole-Hearted-Half-Souls

Chapter 6 up. Nearly 3500 words so it's longer than average.
xD I might not read Undertale fics (since I know little to nothing about it). but its great to know you are having a lot of progress with it so fast! Congrats!

It's snowing outside... in April.
I am enraged.
Yeah...in here it's not snowing but it rained for days until today. And the temperature change has caused my allergies to last longer, even in the night. And I hate that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmmm..... You know what I....... no, I can’t post that, too lewd.

How about...... nah. That would just start a fight.

Well, I’ve got to post something..........

Corn.
How ya’ll doin today.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
tbh my favorite transition is when the games goes from the Hawaii plane flying back to Japan to Principle dying. Its just...so well done imo

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
tbh my favorite transition is when the games goes from the Hawaii plane flying back to Japan to Principle dying. Its just...so well done imo
I'm not gonna lie, I was legitimately pissed off that we never got to go to his palace when I played through the game the first time lol

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, Another older sketch I should clean up digitally. This time it's the Legendary Hungry Wolf! :ult_terry:

Y'all know I had to rep the boy at some point. Noipoi Noipoi Shroob Shroob Wademan94 Wademan94 Idon Idon Lamperouge Lamperouge AndreaAC AndreaAC and @JDCabrera
Looking really nice!!!

AndreaAC

@JDCabrera XD Are you watching another classic show, from what I can see in your avi? I remember the movie very well, but the cartoon, I might have watched it but not enough to recall it. xD I think Timon and Pumbaa's own show stuck out to me a lot more, specially with the latin spanish dub.

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera XD Are you watching another classic show, from what I can see in your avi? I remember the movie very well, but the cartoon, I might have watched it but not enough to recall it. xD I think Timon and Pumbaa's own show stuck out to me a lot more, specially with the latin spanish dub.
The Mask cartoon was actually the first cartoon I ever saw in my life back when I had 4 years old.

They reran it at Televisión Canaria back then.

AndreaAC

The Mask cartoon was actually the first cartoon I ever saw in my life back when I had 4 years old.

They reran it at Televisión Canaria back then.
xD Aw, that's awesome! And that explains a lot! Ah, I have the chance to watch the old shows that marked my childhood like Timon and Pumbaa's show, or Sonic X, just to name a few examples, and I cannot get myself to watch them...I dunno why.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I (kinda) drew Mugman.
15865358043544375867694963711710.jpg

Kinda screwed up coloring the eyes, and I wish I had a more metallic gray colored pencil, but I do consider this a bit of an improvement over my Kirby drawing.

Gonna practice drawing some more.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Behold the new king:
A5BEA3E2-BBD3-4432-BC84-D46BAEF1DAE0.jpeg

Grinded 800 k for this yesterday but it was worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.