• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Their designs and concepts are cute but I’m having a hard time justifying their purpose from a gameplay standpoint aside from Pokedex filler.

Also Dunsparce should’ve been a Bug/Ground Pokémon instead of another single-evolution normal type. If there was a regional variant with that typing and a good evolution, I would love to train one.
Why bug type? It's not even a bug. It's a tsuchinoko which is a snake-like cryptid.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Their designs and concepts are cute but I’m having a hard time justifying their purpose from a gameplay standpoint aside from Pokedex filler.
Some Pokémon are just there to be cute ideas. And seeing as how the gameplay is focused on you catching whatever Pokémon appeal to you, it fulfills it’s gameplay purpose just fine I think.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
B’sides, Gardevoir is the best partner Pokémon. ***** makes black holes if someone looks at you funny.
Gallade is the cooler evolution of Ralts.

I know. I thought we could have been friends too.

We all know ten year olds in the Pokémon world live forever.
So that's why the anime has lost its potential. They never age.

Then again most anime has ****ty sense of time and aging.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I will forever be fond of Dunsparce for it being the first wild encounter I had in Dark Cave in HeartGold and then yawning my way to victory in the game.

Also it looks cool.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Some Pokémon are just there to be cute ideas. And seeing as how the gameplay is focused on you catching whatever Pokémon appeal to you, it fulfills it’s gameplay purpose just fine I think.
It just feels like a misuse of time and effort to create Pokémon like that, ones that have little to no use in battle when that’s the main appeal of the series. Eeh, I dunno, am I wrong for thinking that?

It’s a fat drunk snake
I get that, but I still think it’d work as a bug as well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It just feels like a misuse of time and effort to create Pokémon like that, ones that have little to no use in battle when that’s the main appeal of the series. Eeh, I dunno, am I wrong for thinking that?
The main appeal for me is catching Pokemon. I don't use every Pokemon but I sure as hell catch them all. When it comes to battling I only need 6 Pokemon each game to be worthwhile.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You’re not wrong, I suppose. But what’s wrong with some Pokémon being weak? Or not having good moves? It adds more variety to the roster, and there’s something to be said in beating the champion with your incredibly weak favorite Pokémon. Not every Pokémon can be an Uber monster with incredible stats and good moves, some Pokémon are just cute ideas or even jokes. Girafarig’s entire existence is based on a Japanese pun. It fleshes out the world a bit more, I feel.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
RPGs gotta do worldbuilding too, not just super-OP stuff. Besides, they have a chance to be useful outside of the main games.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

RPGs gotta do worldbuilding to, not just super-OP stuff. Besides, they have a chance to be useful outside of the main games.
Problem with Pokemon to me is that it feels like it's not working enough to get people like myself to care about the world building anymore. I want more Pokemon games like Pokemon Ranger where it's a focus on other things in the Pokemon world.

And I've said this before but I want more slice of life takes on Pokemon.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You’re not wrong, I suppose. But what’s wrong with some Pokémon being weak? Or not having good moves? It adds more variety to the roster, and there’s something to be said in beating the champion with your incredibly weak favorite Pokémon. Not every Pokémon can be an Uber monster with incredible stats and good moves, some Pokémon are just cute ideas or even jokes. Girafarig’s entire existence is based on a Japanese pun. It fleshes out the world a bit more, I feel.
RPGs gotta do worldbuilding too, not just super-OP stuff. Besides, they have a chance to be useful outside of the main games.
I’m not saying that EVERY Pokémon has to be an Uber ultra awesome monster and what not, but in my head I just would like to have a point or purpose to owning them other than just for completion sake, no matter how small it may seem.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I did buy the Sonic movie off YouTube.

Funny thing is that the thumbnail is still using the old poster art that depicted the old design (this if you don't follow)

:laugh: You would think SEGA/Paramount would fix this months before the film's theatrical release.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Holy **** is my brain seriously not working at all. I can't do any creative writing today cause my brain is going dumb dumb.

Fear the wrath of Motorbike Johanna!

Now that's a life decision right there dude.

"You know what? I wanna be a ferret."

Or Spanish cat to this guy:

View attachment 268379
1st drafts always suck but sometimes you have to push through the c*** to lay the bonework.
Looking at the items in the Pokémon Gold/Silver prototype and one catches my interest: The "Flee Feather" is a consumable hold item that allows you to switch Pokémon without using up a turn.

That would've have made competitive Pokémon battles interesting.
That would be so OP in competitive pokemeon.

Dutch Raikuna

Same here, I remember coming across this image a while back and I would love seeing stuff like this in the series:
Again I wish Pokemon could take this and just run with it. There is so much potential with it. Looking at two anime for inspiration: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and The Helpful Fox Senko-san, both I've seen quite a few times.
1586133149778.png 1586133312570.png

Both have premises of people going through a rough patch in life (depressed businessman and bored as hell programmer) before encountering someone that changes their life over time.
A premise similar to that with Pokemon would be fun to watch. No legendary Pokemon encounters, no immortal 10 year olds and no annoying villains etc.

The idea of an adult office worker who doesn't really see the enjoyment of living or training them, living with a Pokemon overtime and how he grows over it. Living in an apartment and making the most of it in time.
Him living with something like for example a Totodile or a Turtwig or a Growlithe etc. Even a final stage Pokemon like an Ampharos or a Sudowoodo.
A Pokemon story about how they can make the mundane a bit more special.

So to the likes of Noipoi Noipoi and Wademan94 Wademan94 would you agree of how that could work.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, I tried Ridley in Smash Bros. Ultimate's online mode today for the first time. He's not bad when you get used to him. I managed to score a few wins and second places, and this was after not playing the game for a long while until now.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
we must not let it fall into doctah wahwee's hands, w-mega man

I am surprised they did not call Dr. Light Fudd Light in that game. I guess I understand why, though, considering that there would be confusion with the existing Bud Light. :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Again I wish Pokemon could take this and just run with it. There is so much potential with it. Looking at two anime for inspiration: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and The Helpful Fox Senko-san, both I've seen quite a few times.
View attachment 268392 View attachment 268393

Both have premises of people going through a rough patch in life (depressed businessman and bored as hell programmer) before encountering someone that changes their life over time.
A premise similar to that with Pokemon would be fun to watch. No legendary Pokemon encounters, no immortal 10 year olds and no annoying villains etc.

The idea of an adult office worker who doesn't really see the enjoyment of living or training them, living with a Pokemon overtime and how he grows over it. Living in an apartment and making the most of it in time.
Him living with something like for example a Totodile or a Turtwig or a Growlithe etc. Even a final stage Pokemon like an Ampharos or a Sudowoodo.
A Pokemon story about how they can make the mundane a bit more special.

So to the likes of Noipoi Noipoi and Wademan94 Wademan94 would you agree of how that could work.
So almost like Detective Pikachu?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So to my friends like Noipoi Noipoi and DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu need to ask about Animal Crossing. Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo also seems to be the resident AC expert here too.

How do I get more Iron Nuggets and Clay from the same rocks? Cause I've heard you can get up to around 8 from the same rock but only am able to do one.
I dunno I usually get one per rock and then hoard a bunch more from nook miles ticket islands

Noipoi

Howdy!
So to my friends like Noipoi Noipoi and DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu need to ask about Animal Crossing. Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo also seems to be the resident AC expert here too.

How do I get more Iron Nuggets and Clay from the same rocks? Cause I've heard you can get up to around 8 from the same rock but only am able to do one.
If the rock breaks you only get one thing. If the rock stays intact keep hitting it for more things.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So to my friends like Noipoi Noipoi Noipoi Noipoi and DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu need to ask about Animal Crossing. Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo also seems to be the resident AC expert here too.
You gotta love always being unincluded. :drsad: Consistently.

It's RNG dude, you never know what you'll get until you hit it. Go to Nook Miles islands, it's four free rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom