• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh yeah my project

so basically im still a ****ing nut on vs debating and me and my friend josh had this idea

comic books are way wack when it comes to this stuff, because depending on the company it can get super weird super fast and then retconned faster than you can say "what do you mean he's actually a clone???". for DC, they do whole universe retcons and start over.

for marvel? they just keep trekking, and since there's no universal reboots, it's the writers who end up retconning and changing what the writers before them have done for the character. that makes things really inconsistent about the character, their traits, and how much of a **** they are.

and of course it can affect feats in the vision of what the writer believes the character is capable of doing at their limit. one day the hulk can only lift 1 ton, the next day he can lift 55 billion tons cause that's what the next writer thought he should be able to do.

so basically it hit me. why do ****ing composites of these marvel characters when we can just divide them up by the major writers of the series to keep the consistency stable? so that's what i did, obviously.

i started with spider-man cause why the **** not, and the first writer was Stan Lee from 1 to 100, so it was a pretty smooth run.

i have a whole list of feats and WoG statements about:

- strength
- speed
- durability
- whatever else is probably important about the character

from issue 1 to 100, plus the annuals. i worked pretty hard on it :goomba: probably too hard

so check it out maybe if you care

D

Deleted member

Not to mention the scrolling leading to repetitive strain injury obv

Goth, what is the character from btw?
oh, I'm glad you asked! He's from a new show called Tiny Bad Wolf. Not sure when it's coming out, but here's the trailer:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
You know, honestly thats why I dont read comics. If they stuck with something consistently I'd definitely be more attached. But I guess thats the only way they can realistically spam a hero with a new flavor.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, honestly thats why I dont read comics. If they stuck with something consistently I'd definitely be more attached. But I guess thats the only way they can realistically spam a hero with a new flavor.
You can always stick to individual runs since they tend to be more consistent within themselves, but I can see why it's a turn-off.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo takes steps forwards but still finds a way to **** up with the online on their games?
Shocking.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey I found something official that had girl Erdrick on the cover. Not sure what it is but it's nice to see :)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
SMM2's online still looks great as a complete package, but the lack of multiplayer with friends is a shame as it'd have been fun to play with other SmashBoards users. Oh well, guess I'll just have to subject you to my obnoxiously designed levels instead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey I found something official that had girl Erdrick on the cover. Not sure what it is but it's nice to see :)

Oh my god I want Female Erdrick sooooo bad. Literally the only reason I’m excited for Erdrick like at all. One of the reasons I WAS excited for Joker but then... we’ll, you know.

Could Coco Bandicoot really work as a Crash skin? Like, nothing we know about Costumes and Echoes say she could be, but also.... well. That’s exactly what the N. Sane Trilogy did.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well it most likely would be ;)
yeah, tansut is the only leaker i fully believe with regards to erdrick (because of his proven SE sources with cloud) and he's saying 100% that erdrick has both genders available

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yup, well it would make sense because erdrick's always been able to be female, even if the male version is the most used.

I actually just found a bunch of new girl erdrick fanart. I could share it on this thread.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright, for those who wanted to see it
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Princess Daisy
  7. Yoshi
  8. Birdo
  9. Bowser
  10. Bowser Jr
  11. Wario
  12. Waluigi
  13. Pauline
  14. Professor E. Gadd
  15. Rosalina
  16. Koopalings (Each is an alt costume in the same kart like in Smash)
  17. Cappy
  18. Kamek
  19. Wart
  20. Tatanga
  21. Geno
  22. Mallow
  23. Fawful
  24. Cackletta
  25. Vivian
  26. Gombella
  27. Kooper
  28. Bombette
  29. General Guy
  30. King Boo
  31. Petey Piranha
  32. Don Pianta
  33. Nabbit
  34. Jimmy T
  35. Ashley
  36. Kat and Ana
  37. Donkey Kong
  38. Donkey Kong Jr.
  39. Diddy Kong
  40. Dixie Kong
  41. Funky Kong
  42. Cranky Kong
  43. Candy Kong
  44. King K. Rool
  45. Krunch
  46. Poochy
  47. Alex
  48. Rabbid Mario
  49. Rabbid Luigi
  50. Rabbid Peach
  51. Rabbid Yoshi
  52. Rabbid Kong
  53. Rabbid Cranky
  54. Phantom
  55. Spawny
  56. Link
  57. Samus Aran
  58. Fox McCloud
  59. Captain Falcon
  60. Exitebiker
  61. Isabelle
  62. Inkling
  63. Sonic the Hedgehog
  64. Pac-Man
  65. Don-chan
  66. Miis
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

And now, my SoulCalibur style Zelda fighting game...

I don't necissarily know what the plot for this will be. Taking characters from across the timeline makes it difficult to come up with a narrative. But the vary base concept is the typical Zelda plotline fighting-game-ified. All the characters want the Triforce, so they all travel across the land of Hyrule so they can kill Ganon and get it, fighting each other along the way.
  1. Link
  2. Masked Link
  3. Toon Link
  4. Princess Zelda
  5. Sheik
  6. Tetra
  7. Impa
  8. Darunia
  9. Ruto
  10. Medli
  11. Marin
  12. Midna and Wolf Link
  13. Agitha
  14. Fi
  15. Ravio
  16. Ganondorf
  17. Ganon
  18. Agahnim
  19. Skull Kid
  20. Majora
  21. Zant
  22. Ghirahim
  23. Demise
  24. Yuga
  25. Vaati
  26. Volga
  27. Wizzro
  28. Veran
  29. DLC
    1. Byrne
    2. Tingle
    3. Groose
    4. Phantom Ganon
    5. Urbosa
    6. Linkle
    7. Cadence (Very Special Guest)
    8. Cloud Strife (Very Special Guest)
  1. Hyrule Castle
  2. Temple
  3. Ruined Hyrule
  4. Kakariko Village
  5. Goron City
  6. Gerudo Valley
  7. Great Bay
  8. Romani Ranch Invasion
  9. Majora’s Temple
  10. Pirate Ship
  11. Dragon Roost Island
  12. Koholint Island
  13. Labrnna
  14. Bridge of Eldin
  15. Twilight Palace
  16. Skyloft
  17. Great Plateau Tower
  18. Calamity Ganon
  19. DLC
    1. Rosy Rupeeland
    2. Forest Temple
    3. Spirit Tracks
    4. Lowrule Castle
    5. Crypt of the NecroDancer
    6. Midgar

And yes, the SoulCalibur series staple character creator is here to. You can even mix and match the various moves, rather than just using the moveset of an existing character. Each move has a compatability stat with each weapon and body type. And, to take a page from Mario Maker, in order to create the character YOU have to beat it controlled by a hard AI using the character the computer determines would have to most disadvantages fighting your creation.

Teeb147 Teeb147

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pardon my lack of knowledge on the series.

I still haven't played a Dragon Quest game yet, though I really should, they seem like just my kind of games. I was planning on getting the 3DS version of VIII actually. :)
Dragon Quest never really interested me. Typical high fantasy just isn't my thing. I'm interested to see what Erdrick will play like though. A sword weilder with a sheild that's not a Link, who has all these weird magic spells? Yes please!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Figured you'd be happy to know that you convinced me - I got three PS3 games this morning, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale was one of them. (along with Little Big Planet and the Last of Us - I haven't looked into either one too deeply, but the Last of Us is generally considered one of the best PS3 games, and I figure that Little Big Planet should be fun)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Figured you'd be happy to know that you convinced me - I got three PS3 games this morning, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale was one of them. (along with Little Big Planet and the Last of Us - I haven't looked into either one too deeply, but the Last of Us is generally considered one of the best PS3 games, and I figure that Little Big Planet should be fun)
Yes! Have fun! (Side note, if you can, buy the DLC. Kat and Dusty and Zeus are some of the most fun characters in the game. Plus Isaac Clarke and Emmet Graves are just cool).

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
real talk LBP is probably up there on my top 10, if not maybe LBP2 over LBP1 just for QoL improvements

so many good memories with that game

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Cool. LittleBigPlanet used to be one of my favourite games when I was younger. So many fond memories with it.

Well, I hope you enjoy all of those games! :)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yes! Have fun! (Side note, if you can, buy the DLC. Kat and Dusty and Zeus are some of the most fun characters in the game. Plus Isaac Clarke and Emmet Graves are just cool).
I think I will, though I'll probably just get the packs of two characters and a stage, plus the free DLC costume pack. (I think it's for the third party characters, but I'm not sure) I'm not familiar with any of them (aside from Zeus in a general sense), but if they're fun, then they're worth it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think I will, though I'll probably just get the packs of two characters and a stage, plus the free DLC costume pack. (I think it's for the third party characters, but I'm not sure) I'm not familiar with any of them (aside from Zeus in a general sense), but if they're fun, then they're worth it.
That's great! Yeah, unless you're like me and gaga for these characters, the costumes are just unnecessary. And based on your list of mains... let me reccomend trying out Heihachi, Radec, Jak and Daxter, and Nariko.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's the art:
enjoy :)

6157563i.jpg

And there were more too, but i can't link it directly. Still quite a few worked at least :D

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hmmm. So do we think Erdrick will have spirits? Like Cloud doesn’t, but in the other hand, DLC spirit board.
they said all fighter's pass characters would get them, so yeah

it's just a question of how many - could be the entire DQ3 party + DQ11, or it could be a slime and luminary and that's all folks

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's great! Yeah, unless you're like me and gaga for these characters, the costumes are just unnecessary. And based on your list of mains... let me reccomend trying out Heihachi, Radec, Jak and Daxter, and Nariko.
Thanks for the recommendations! Out of those, I think I'll start with Heihachi - he's one of the characters that I'm most familiar with, along with Raiden.

D

Deleted member

Pardon my lack of knowledge on the series.

I still haven't played a Dragon Quest game yet, though I really should, they seem like just my kind of games. I was planning on getting the 3DS version of VIII actually. :)
VIII is a good starting point, the story is more focused than other entries and has quite dun mechanics like the Monster Colisseum and the Tension system that lets you become Super Saiyan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmm. So do we think Erdrick will have spirits? Like Cloud doesn’t, but in the other hand, DLC spirit board.
I would guess that probably yes. Maybe less than persona tho. Maybe we'll even see some final fantasy stuff. At least the mii costumes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
even if super mario maker 2 doesnt have online co-op on release i'm still gonna buy it cause jokes on them, i live off of the single-player content

as if i have friends to play with :secretkpop:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I would guess that probably yes. Maybe less than persona tho. Maybe we'll even see some final fantasy stuff. At least the mii costumes.
don't imagine we'll get much more in the way of mii costumes besides chocobo hat and the king slime hat SE puts into stuff like FF14

1559058888430.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
for the next square enix character, would you rather have:

silly generic JRPG sword boy from anime

1559059119806.png

OR

super original independent mother who can cook up your last meal

1559059068333.png

I think it's no contest here :smash:

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'd enjoy a moogle and black mage mii costumes too XD

also here's some cosplay:

at the very least, it'd be nice to see DQ costumes like luminary or DQ1 hero

square seems intent on pushing DQ in the west so i could see them putting in a little more effort to promote it (compared to FF, which is already established over here and so has less to gain from smash promotion)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I ain't sharing my deep dark secrets with y'all.

View attachment 224805

Not near drunk enough.
Ain't nothing to share. We were all at the Christmas party.

I think it would come down to Akira Toriyama more than anyone. I think I remember hearing that Final Fantasy is more divided in terms of ownership rights compared to Dragon Quest, just don't quote me on that. It might also help that Toriyama already has a good(?) relationship with Bandai Namco due to their owning of the Dragon Ball VG rights.

In terms of music, I would hope Sugiyama would be willing to lend his music to the game. He was the first person to create a Video Game Orchestra after all.

If you've ever been to Video Games Live, and you should at some point, typically they show gameplay to go with pieces but due to licensing restrictions they have to show fanart/cosplay during Final Fantasy songs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom