• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m gonna post a screenshot of a Discord talk I had regarding a certain game since I find it worth to share:
773E1114-668A-4CD0-92F8-4A74A195A4A9.jpeg

Don’t worry about the hidden post, it’s just a thing not related to the topic.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright, for those who wanted to see it
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Princess Daisy
  7. Yoshi
  8. Birdo
  9. Bowser
  10. Bowser Jr
  11. Wario
  12. Waluigi
  13. Pauline
  14. Professor E. Gadd
  15. Rosalina
  16. Koopalings (Each is an alt costume in the same kart like in Smash)
  17. Cappy
  18. Kamek
  19. Wart
  20. Tatanga
  21. Geno
  22. Mallow
  23. Fawful
  24. Cackletta
  25. Vivian
  26. Gombella
  27. Kooper
  28. Bombette
  29. General Guy
  30. King Boo
  31. Petey Piranha
  32. Don Pianta
  33. Nabbit
  34. Jimmy T
  35. Ashley
  36. Kat and Ana
  37. Donkey Kong
  38. Donkey Kong Jr.
  39. Diddy Kong
  40. Dixie Kong
  41. Funky Kong
  42. Cranky Kong
  43. Candy Kong
  44. King K. Rool
  45. Krunch
  46. Poochy
  47. Alex
  48. Rabbid Mario
  49. Rabbid Luigi
  50. Rabbid Peach
  51. Rabbid Yoshi
  52. Rabbid Kong
  53. Rabbid Cranky
  54. Phantom
  55. Spawny
  56. Link
  57. Samus Aran
  58. Fox McCloud
  59. Captain Falcon
  60. Exitebiker
  61. Isabelle
  62. Inkling
  63. Sonic the Hedgehog
  64. Pac-Man
  65. Don-chan
  66. Miis
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

And now, my SoulCalibur style Zelda fighting game...

I don't necissarily know what the plot for this will be. Taking characters from across the timeline makes it difficult to come up with a narrative. But the vary base concept is the typical Zelda plotline fighting-game-ified. All the characters want the Triforce, so they all travel across the land of Hyrule so they can kill Ganon and get it, fighting each other along the way.
  1. Link
  2. Masked Link
  3. Toon Link
  4. Princess Zelda
  5. Sheik
  6. Tetra
  7. Impa
  8. Darunia
  9. Ruto
  10. Medli
  11. Marin
  12. Midna and Wolf Link
  13. Agitha
  14. Fi
  15. Ravio
  16. Ganondorf
  17. Ganon
  18. Agahnim
  19. Skull Kid
  20. Majora
  21. Zant
  22. Ghirahim
  23. Demise
  24. Yuga
  25. Vaati
  26. Volga
  27. Wizzro
  28. Veran
  29. DLC
    1. Byrne
    2. Tingle
    3. Groose
    4. Phantom Ganon
    5. Urbosa
    6. Linkle
    7. Candence (Very Special Guest)
    8. Cloud Strife (Very Special Guest)
  1. Hyrule Castle
  2. Temple
  3. Ruined Hyrule
  4. Kakariko Village
  5. Goron City
  6. Gerudo Valley
  7. Great Bay
  8. Romani Ranch Invasion
  9. Majora’s Temple
  10. Pirate Ship
  11. Dragon Roost Island
  12. Koholint Island
  13. Labrnna
  14. Bridge of Eldin
  15. Twilight Palace
  16. Skyloft
  17. Great Plateau Tower
  18. Calamity Ganon
  19. DLC
    1. Rosy Rupeeland
    2. Forest Temple
    3. Spirit Tracks
    4. Lowrule Castle
    5. Crypt of the NecroDancer
    6. Midgar

And yes, the SoulCalibur series staple character creator is here to. You can even mix and match the various moves, rather than just using the moveset of an existing character. Each move has a compatability stat with each weapon and body type. And, to take a page from Mario Maker, in order to create the character YOU have to beat it controlled by a hard AI using the character the computer determines would have to most disadvantages fighting your creation.

Teeb147 Teeb147
I highly approve of that Mario Kart roster. All it's really missing are more PM partners, imo (and let's be honest, the complete lack of "baby" characters on that roster makes it an automatic upgrade from virtually every official Mario Kart roster all on it's own) but other than that it's great. It's a big enough roster as is so having only those particular partners is fine.

Also I have no idea how I forgot about Bombette lol.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
square seems intent on pushing DQ in the west so i could see them putting in a little more effort to promote it (compared to FF, which is already established over here and so has less to gain from smash promotion)
Yeah, and Smash seems like the best way to promote a series nowadays.

It's not like they can replicate what they did to make FF popular, that'd be way too costly.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I highly approve of that Mario Kart roster. All it's really missing are more PM partners, imo (and let's be honest, the complete lack of "baby" characters on that roster makes it an automatic upgrade from virtually every official Mario Kart roster all on it's own) but other than that it's great. It's a big enough roster as is so having only those particular partners is fine.

Also I have no idea how I forgot about Bombette lol.
I get what you mean. I just didn't want duplicate races. That kind of went out of the way when the Rabbids got involved though....

Also, the baby characters are just alt skins for their adult counterparts. Because why not.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't really want Chibi Erdrick. I would much rather have the hull body design.
Ya me too. I think both have a chance, but the taller version has been the most used in the last years, so I would think there's good chances for it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if it was already posted, but it's been confirmed now that there is no Amiibo support for SMM2. So no Mystery Mushrooms.

https://twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1133358361502789634

I would hope they can come back as DLC, but I think they would have to change how they work fundamentally and I don't see Nintendo putting in the work. Maybe have them not act as an extra hit & have different color pallets for each?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't really want Chibi Erdrick. I would much rather have the hull body design.
Ya me too. I think both have a chance, but the taller version has been the most used in the last years, so I would think there's good chances for it.
Doesn't this go against his supposed character files though if he's Ness sized? :224:

D

Deleted member

I had a thought this afternoon

What if one of the new Pokémon revealed in the upcoming Pokémon Direct is going to be the next Smash DLC newcomer?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Soooo, does anyone wanna join me in watching all of E3 and recording their reactions? Not like, we talk to each other over skype or something (unless you want to) just we both do it independently. I think it would be a fun thing to do which could minimize the flood of text posts.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Soooo, does anyone wanna join me in watching all of E3 and recording their reactions? Not like, we talk to each other over skype or something (unless you want to) just we both do it independently. I think it would be a fun thing to do which could minimize the flood of text posts.
I'm actually going to be busy E3 time, so whatever is revealed, I'll be looking forward to the recaps.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could, but I sadly don’t have Skype and already promised another group I talk with to react with them.

I could however summarize all my thoughts on a huge post either here or through PMs if you want doh.

And regarding DQ Mii costumes...
D9A74A3D-82CE-40CE-87B9-45AA980759F4.jpeg

Yup, I would be all in for a Mii Costume of this character.

I love Yangus.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish I could, but I sadly don’t have Skype and already promised another group I talk with to react with them.

I could however summarize all my thoughts on a huge post either here or through PMs if you want doh.

And regarding DQ Mii costumes...
View attachment 224816
Yup, I would be all in for a Mii Costume of this character.

I love Yangus.
That's cool. Do whatever you want.

God I am so excited for E3. Why does time have to move so slowly.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ain't nothing to share. We were all at the Christmas party.
Screenshot_20190427-114316__01.jpg

Fam not gonna lie my Christmas season bein a whole kinda thing was no secret this year.

I know ain't nothin meant by the quip, but...let's not, aight?

Real talk.

No sass.

Real talk let's not.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've thought about it and if Sakurai could somehow put in a leveling-up system with a character in smash, that'd be pretty awesome.

I still think there'd have to be a low cap in total or levels would have to restart each stock, but even then it'd be really fun. I like rpg elements.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i made another one
this one represents my tastes in food
1559061294990.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've thought about it and if Sakurai could somehow put in a leveling-up system with a character in smash, that'd be pretty awesome.

I still think there'd have to be a low cap in total or levels would have to restart each stock, but even then it'd be really fun. I like rpg elements.
Reminds me of a concept I saw for The Crackdown Agent in Killer Instinct. While that concept would certainly be interesting, i doubt it would happen now since DLC characters can't have huge gimmicks like that. Plus, with all the RPG characters already in Smash, it would be weird to have the system only with this one character.

Side note, WHY hasn't the EarthBound battle screen been made into a stage? The stat boxes are the platform and you have to dodge attacks sent out by the current enemy in battle, which changes every time you fight.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Reminds me of a concept I saw for The Crackdown Agent in Killer Instinct. While that concept would certainly be interesting, i doubt it would happen now since DLC characters can't have huge gimmicks like that. Plus, with all the RPG characters already in Smash, it would be weird to have the system only with this one character.

Side note, WHY hasn't the EarthBound battle screen been made into a stage? The stat boxes are the platform and you have to dodge attacks sent out by the current enemy in battle, which changes every time you fight.
Joker had so much with him. The gunplay and arsene mechanics took a lot to make. I dont think a level-up mechanic would be quite that much effort compared to it.

I dont think it'd be weird. especially since dragon quest is a through and through rpg. I really dont know how much chance there is that sakurai would like to do that, but one character having that could be interesting, depending on how it's done.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
View attachment 224815

Fam not gonna lie my Christmas season bein a whole kinda thing was no secret this year.

I know ain't nothin meant by the quip, but...let's not, aight?

Real talk.

No sass.

Real talk let's not.
Apologizes. I was trying to make a Spongebob reference.

IDK what happened, but I hope you're okay.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Joker had so much with him. The gunplay and arsene mechanics took a lot to make. I dont think a level-up mechanic would be quite that much effort compared to it.

I dont think it'd be weird. especially since dragon quest is a through and through rpg. I really dont know how much chance there is that sakurai would like to do that, but one character having that could be interesting, depending on how it's done.
Okay. I kind of get Arsene but... the gunplay? How was that a complicated mechanic to make? Like, bayonetta already basically has it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Apologizes. I was trying to make a Spongebob reference.

IDK what happened, but I hope you're okay.
's good fam, 's good. Just havin me a mornin. I'll be alright.

Even appreciate the joke, honestly. Second look at it got a chuckle outta me.

D

Deleted member

Iconic or not, it doesn't matter to Sakurai. If it's not a video game, 9 times out of 10, he probably hates it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Okay. I kind of get Arsene but... the gunplay? How was that a complicated mechanic to make? Like, bayonetta already basically has it.
Oof, the gunplay was extremely complicated to make. There are many moves as part of it, and each bullet does different damage and knockback based on the distance.
Kurogane Hammer was annoyed by how many variables he had to account for when he wrote up the data.

Arsene changes all those too, even the frame data.

+I would say Bayo and Ryu took quite a bit to make too.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope the Pokémon press conference gives us an IOS release for rumble rush.

I love the rumble spinoffs and wanted to try the phone version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom