• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Jack Frost is Pichu's disguise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright so I wrote up a mechanic for how Leveling Up could work in smash (like for Dragon Quest).
Here it is:

It's just an idea for an example of it. I think it could be fun ;)
the only thing i dont like about gimmicks is that it seems like every DLC newcomer, especially third party, needs some type of gimmick

:4ryu: command inputs
:4cloud: limit
:4bayonetta: witch time and double recoveries
:ultjoker: persona

it's kinda weird innit

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Someone posted Something about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon earlier, which reminded me to ask y’all what Pokémon did you get from your personality test from those games and who did you choose as your partner?
Only played Sky.

Got Shinx with a partner Riolu.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
the only thing i dont like about gimmicks is that it seems like every DLC newcomer, especially third party, needs some type of gimmick

it's kinda weird innit
If you go through the trouble of getting these weird-ass characters, might as well make them unique I suppose.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you go through the trouble of getting these weird-*** characters, might as well make them unique I suppose.
:sonic:

he's so unique he's got two of the same special moves

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I said pipe dreams in my last post but now I realize I could still see both of those happening before we ever get another Stadium/Coliseum/Battle Revolution.

I also recall hearing about the idea of a Pokemon style "Warriors/Musou" from a GameXplain video that could never happen because TPCi hates cool things.
*starts crying*
please, I do want another Coliseum, I miss Orre

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Insert tripe about how Sonic can't even do anything else."
i think thats because the sonic team got so **** on for making all of the late 2000s sonic games that they're too afraid to try something new

Teeb147

Smash Legend

it's kinda weird innit
I think those gimmicks are fun though. There's just joker that's kind of unbalanced in that you can get unlucky to lose a stock if you were close to arsene or just had it, etc.

So long as it's fun, I think it can add quite a bit to a character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think those gimmicks are fun though. There's just joker that's kind of unbalanced in that you can get unlucky to lose a stock if you were close to arsene or just had it, etc.

So long as it's fun, I think it can add quite a bit to a character.
do you know how many ****ing times i've tried to do a back air with ryu and i end up tastumaki senpuyakuiciding

this isnt fun i just want to play someone with a goku alt

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

it's kinda weird innit
If I were a combat designer developing characters for Smash, I'd certainly be going out of my way to differentiate new characters from old ones. When you hit that many characters in the same game, it's really easy for characters to start feeling samey if you prevent yourself from adding unique stuff. This isn't tied exclusively to DLC/3rd Party characters either, a lot of the newcomers in Smash Wii U and Smash Ultimate have fairly unique stuff. Projectiles with unique behavior, items, counters/armor, command grabs.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
erdrick's visual gimmick will be that every hit spawns popup damage numbers based on percentage but moving the decimal point back (i.e. 12.4% = 124)

you heard it here first

Teeb147

Smash Legend
do you know how many ****ing times i've tried to do a back air with ryu and i end up tastumaki senpuyakuiciding

this isnt fun i just want to play someone with a goku alt
I think it's great for street fighter vets, but that's why I dont play the character. I move my stick around waay too much to enjoy those misinputs.

But I get what you're saying. That's why i think they just have to do it well and make sure that it's fun for everyone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>looks at anime fighters where every single character has their own propriety meter that is exclusive to them and comes with their own rules

Teeb147

Smash Legend
erdrick's visual gimmick will be that every hit spawns popup damage numbers based on percentage but moving the decimal point back (i.e. 12.4% = 124)

you heard it here first
I do think it'could easily happen, but without the decimal point change ;p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

you heard it here first
I want Erdricks gimmick to be he gains exp and levels up with each kill, complete with the classic DQ level up sound

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I want Erdricks gimmick to be he gains exp and levels up with each kill, complete with the classic DQ level up sound
I just wrote up a whole post on leveling up (and mp). And i mentioned why it can't just be on kos, ie for short stock matches (etc)

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As you can see by my profile, I mostly play Street Fighter (3rd Strike). I still can't stand using Ken or Ryu in Smash. Ignoring the fact that they are pretty weak in the meta, my biggest hangup is that the grab button can cause specials to come out. Trying to pivot grab and getting a Tatsumaki is the most frustrating thing LOL

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
One problem though.

1v1 matches and 3 stocks.

That means Max Erdrick is only active when you're just about to win anyways.
I just wrote up a whole post on leveling up (and mp). And i mentioned why it can't just be on kos, for short stock matches
Dawww **** :034:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Slime is fine but, as a fan of the series, it doesn't really captures the essence of the main series. It's a cute monster and iconic of the series but it doesn't show much about it as it is pretty much the first monster you fight in every game, so it kinda only shows you a small part of the DQ experience.

Part of what is engrossing to me as a player in DQ is immersing myself into the world, and the heroes in each game are part of what it makes it immersing. Just starting out with a stick/club/crappy sword, lvl 1, no magic spells whatsoever, going to the field the first time encountering the previously mentioned slimes; and then just keep adventuring, meeting party members (sans DQI and kinda in IX), leveling up, obtaining better equipment, new spells, start fighting bigger and meaner monsters until you defeat the demon lord of the game, that's what is engrossing to me as a fan. And the DQ heroes are what make these whole interactions with the world possible.

(On the plus side, a few heroes like V and VIII can tame monsters like Slime. It would be cool if they made an amalgamation of particular heroes moves to make them more unique like they did with Simon and Richter)
Yeah that probably fair, honesty I really don't know much about DQ in general, I've always just liked Slime's goofy design. His smile always makes me want to giggle.

This picture just sums up my thoughts. (godly photo editing I know)
25pse4.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah that probably fair, honesty I really don't know much about DQ in general, I've always just liked Slime's goofy design. His smile always makes me want to giggle.

This picture just sums up my thoughts. (godly photo editing I know)
View attachment 224834
I still think we'd see slime somewhere, whether it's in a taunt, victory screen, or part of the stage.

D

Deleted member

What are everyone's thoughts on the Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As you can see by my profile, I mostly play Street Fighter (3rd Strike). I still can't stand using Ken or Ryu in Smash. Ignoring the fact that they are pretty weak in the meta, my biggest hangup is that the grab button can cause specials to come out. Trying to pivot grab and getting a Tatsumaki is the most frustrating thing LOL
ken is like

the only character i've ever wanted to main so hard but i just can't

ryu was cool but he's more heavy hitting and ken is so much of the stuff i wanted out of ryu but i just cant pull it off

my ****ty bootleg gcn controller that's disguised as a pro controller isnt doing much help for inputs either but i do think that it's way more helpful than the cricle pad the regular pro and joycons have IMO. i'm just not good at memorizing these things.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, I really haven't done alot today when it come to this place.

Like I know I don't have to post on Smashboard every hours of the week, but still.
eggman that ain't good.gif

I gotta think of some good **** later on

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wanted to main Ken so hard since he was basically Street Fighter Dante, but **** I hate EVERY single thing about the dude.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's the secret final level in Super Mario Galaxy 2 that's probably one of the hardest Mario levels ever.
i thought you meant a ****ing speedrun not the level holy **** im dumb

D

Deleted member

People who want to boycott CTR NF over the Trophy Girls drama annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom