• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I don't get? Why arent there any spirits for Persona 4 and 3? At least for the ones that have Mii Fighter Costumes.

Also, they have official names. Why are they not called "Yu Mii Costume" and "Makoto Mii Costume"

D

Deleted member

Ken's one of my best characters in Ultimate, he's pretty fun to use.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Facing the opponent
Stubby limbs
Weak aerials
Input motions on a GC controller
ok. I dunno how street fighter fans feel about facing the opponent, i think it's pretty neat. But I also dont play the characters because of the inputs, so what do I know xD

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You know what I don't get? Why arent there any spirits for Persona 4 and 3? At least for the ones that have Mii Fighter Costumes.

Also, they have official names. Why are they not called "Yu Mii Costume" and "Makoto Mii Costume"
There are a lot of P5 spirits, and I'd say they are all necessary. Adding the P4 party members would be a stretch, much less P3.

Also...

Do you suggest adding consistency to the protagonists names? With the Frizz? No way! We must be as unspecific as possible! What do you think this is, some anime adaptation?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So with Patch 3.1.0 coming soon and it erasing current replays I think either:

A.) the 2nd DLC character will be revealed and released soon.

Or

B.) Whoever gets revealed at E3(Smash Direct or General Direct) will not be available until later June/July.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
ok. I dunno how street fighter fans feel about facing the opponent, i think it's pretty neat. But I also dont play the characters because of the inputs, so what do I know xD
Bro I play fighters and that **** don't work in Smash. For every time I'm glad by dtilt utilt spam caught a dude, there were 4 times I said "I WANT TO BACK AIR YOU."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There are a lot of P5 spirits, and I'd say they are all necessary. Adding the P4 party members would be a stretch, much less P3.

Also...

Do you suggest adding consistency to the protagonists names? With the Frizz? No way! We must be as unspecific as possible! What do you think this is, some anime adaptation?
But what about just having spirits for Makoto and Yu? Mega Man has spirits from X and the like, but for most of them, it’s literally just the main hero. Oh and teddie I guess because again, Mii Fighter Costume.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bro I play fighters and that **** don't work in Smash. For every time I'm glad by dtilt utilt spam caught a dude, there were 4 times I said "I WANT TO BACK AIR YOU."
Yeh i get it. It defnitely takes a lot of precision and doesnt quite feel like street fighter. It's too bad, but i think they tried their best to make it work well and some people are doing fine with them. But smash is just pretty different i guess.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
never heard of it
This video here pretty much sums up all of the pain most people will probably go through just trying to beat this level:

Pretty much you have to go through one entire level (that’s really difficult) with only 1 health, meaning you CANNOT get hit at all, or you die. Oh, and no checkpoints, meaning you have to do it all over again if you die.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The worst thing about Ken is that, due to the fact he isn't great, you never see something like the Daigo Parry in Ultimate's high level play.
dissapointed eggman.gif

That's true dissapointement right there.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The worst thing about Ken is that, due to the fact he isn't great, you never see something like the Daigo Parry in Ultimate's high level play.
View attachment 224839
That's true dissapointement right there.
You'll never see parries outside of single hits anyway since you aren't rewarded for parrying multi-hits.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I truly hate the idea of character tiers. I’m my opinion, if a developer is doing their job right, every character should be equal.
If they're super good at balancing and are in the competitive scene themselves then yeah. But that's rare, and when you have over 70 chracters it's kind of hard to balance perfectly too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As you can see by my profile, I mostly play Street Fighter (3rd Strike). I still can't stand using Ken or Ryu in Smash. Ignoring the fact that they are pretty weak in the meta, my biggest hangup is that the grab button can cause specials to come out. Trying to pivot grab and getting a Tatsumaki is the most frustrating thing LOL
It makes me commend the people that still stick with them all the more.

Input motions on a GC controller
The worst part for me personally is for some sadistic reason, I grinded out Ryu on Smash 3DS more than on Wii U (initially beating stuff up on Smash Run felt cool, but then I practiced For Glory, online only makes timing even harder). All that's left of my circle pad is a little nub, which murders my thumb.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I'm at work but I wanted to ask a question of everybody:

You can add one echo character but, like Ganondorf, it has to be an echo of someone not related to the character's series.

Who do you pick. I know mine but I'll type it later.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You'll never see parries outside of single hits anyway since you aren't rewarded for parrying multi-hits.
Then just seeing a Ken parrying lots of hits in one round in high level would be enough for me.

I just want the hype & the memes, ya know?
I truly hate the idea of character tiers. I’m my opinion, if a developer is doing their job right, every character should be equal.
Good luck with making a balanced fighting game when you have a roster as big as Ultimate, or giant crossover game in general, without everyone feeling samey or underpowered.

D

Deleted member

You can add one echo character but, like Ganondorf, it has to be an echo of someone not related to the character's series.

New Age Retro Hippie for Joker :troll:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It makes me commend the people that still stick with them all the more.

The worst part for me personally is for some sadistic reason, I grinded out Ryu on Smash 3DS more than on Wii U (initially beating stuff up on Smash Run felt cool, but then I practiced For Glory, online only makes timing even harder). All that's left of my circle pad is a little nub, which murders my thumb.
I used to be a pad player until my thumbs started physically hurting so now I do a dinky little stick and it feels SO much easier on the fingers.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
This is... really awkward, coming from me, who's a bit shy... But, Super Mario Maker 2 will have no online multiplayer with friends, instead pairing you with strangers.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Hilda from ALBW as an echo of Palutena. I guess that could work because Hilda has a staff.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sega: WHAT THE **** IS A SONIC?!!?

Nintendo: WHAT THE **** IS A ONLINE!??!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
reggie: lets you play with friends online, pro-friends

doug bowser: forbids friendplay, perhaps anti-friend

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Ogma as a Cloud echo. Swaps out Blade Beam for the Belmonts' axe, and Limit Charge for Counter.

D

Deleted member

Y'all better be speculating New Age Retro Hippie for DLC by the time I get back

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

timmy and tommy died waiting for animal crossing news

Will

apustaja