• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i guess my other mario maker 2 hot take is that multiplayer mario with 4 players is an absolute cluster**** anyway

like yeah it should be there because it's already there for randos and their 'it'd break matchmaking' excuse is asinine, but it's nothing close to a dealbreaker for me

draw of the game was always sharing and playing levels, not jamming 4 players together into a tight space and telling them to race to the finish

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was never over the top excited for SMM2, but damn, I didn't expect it to miss this much.
Personally, this doesn't change anything for me. I'd primarily planned on playing this with my brother, who lives with me.

Still disappointing though.

D

Deleted member

i guess my other mario maker 2 hot take is that multiplayer mario with 4 players is an absolute cluster**** anyway

like yeah it should be there because it's already there for randos and their 'it'd break matchmaking' excuse is asinine, but it's nothing close to a dealbreaker for me

draw of the game was always sharing and playing levels, not jamming 4 players together into a tight space and telling them to race to the finish
I agree with that.

Unlike with Cuphead, I don’t enjoy the multiplayer in the recent 2D Mario titles.

D

Deleted member

Personally, this doesn't change anything for me. I'd primarily planned on playing this with my brother, who lives with me.

Still disappointing though.
Ah true.

Even if the multiplayer isn't looking too good here, I actually haven't played Mario Maker. so maybe I should. But the best thing to do is watch other people rage at hard levels lmao.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, Mario Maker 2. I feel that the hype was unreal after the announcement. It died quickly.
That's the nature of official announcements. They're designed to give you all the good stuff you'll be excited about.

It's why we all get hyped for E3. Then get disappointed with half the E3 games after they're released.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Also I just watched ep.10 of Game Grumps doing Ace Attorney.

I have to say I'm impressed they know how to play the damn game for once.
Yeah Dan seems to be ahead of the curve on the plot twists in Ace Attorney, I haven't watched GG in over a year, but I had to see for myself if they could pay attention and they surprised me that they actually did! Great playthorough so far, besides each episode feeling so very, very short.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That's the nature of official announcements. They're designed to give you all the good stuff you'll be excited about.

It's why we all get hyped for E3. Then get disappointed with half the E3 games after they're released.
y'all ever realise we explode over smash reveals and updates, play it for an entire day straight, then no-one ever talks about it again

remember joker?

yeah he's in the game

D

Deleted member

I would talk about my hype for DQXIS and DQB2 here... but nobody really cares about those besides me and a few exceptions from the Erdrick thread, KMDP and Pumkaboo.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah Dan seems to be ahead of the curve on the plot twists in Ace Attorney, I haven't watched GG in over a year, but I had to see for myself if they could pay attention and they surprised me that they actually did! Great playthorough so far, besides each episode feeling so very, very short.
I've said it before in here, but Dan's primary role is usually adding color commentary to a game he has no input on.

In a detective style game he has just as much input as Arin for once. He's not just filling time, so he's paying attention and adding real input. And at this point it's like trying to solve a very simple murder mystery designed for children, but with two fully grown adults.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. We’re all expecting at least 1 character at E3, maybe even 2. But Nintendo never does what you expect. Which means they could either show no one, or show all 4.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
y'all ever realise we explode over smash reveals and updates, play it for an entire day straight, then no-one ever talks about it again

remember joker?

yeah he's in the game
Remember Ridley? Yah he exists. Hyped about for almost 20 years to be in smash and, lo and behold!, he's added. Then no one played him and forgot him. It sucks. No wonder Sakurai doesn't listen to us half the time. We are begging for something to happen, he spends his time doing it, then we ask for more. Its sad really.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You know. We’re all expecting at least 1 character at E3, maybe even 2. But Nintendo never does what you expect. Which means they could either show no one, or show all 4.
still holding tight to my 'it'll only be one reveal' prediction

that way i get to be a smug asshole if i'm right and pleasantly surprised if there are two

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I would talk about my hype for DQXIS and DQB2 here... but nobody really cares about those besides me and a few exceptions from the Erdrick thread, KMDP and Pumkaboo.
Dude I don't think most of the people in here care about Resident Evil but I talk about it anyway. Let loose. Have fun.

I still haven't played a DQ game. What do you like about them?

D

Deleted member

If they are only showing stuff for 2019, Smash stuff does seem completely likely.

They need to fill the presentation with as many stuff as possible, so a Smash trailer is easily granted.

D

Deleted member

Dude I don't think most of the people in here care about Resident Evil but I talk about it anyway. Let loose. Have fun.

I still haven't played a DQ game. What do you like about them?
I love the main plots, the characters (with my favourite team partner from the series being Yangus from DQ8 and my favourite villain being Dhoulmagus), the music (even if the composer is a prick), the overworld maps and the battle system.

I also like the spin-offs since they do get creative many times with other genres (DQB is like a more RPG-focused version of Minecraft, DQ Heroes is a musou featuring the fan-favourite party members of the whole franchise, the Monsters series is a fun take on the Pokémom formula but with the enemies of every game).

The mangas are great too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
still very doubtful of two smash reveals if there's no dedicated presentation tbh

like yeah, smash is big and all, but it's not 'hogging up both the first and last announcement of the presentation' big, or 'hogging up 10 minutes of the presentation because you'd have to kill sakurai to stop him from breaking down their moveset in extreme detail' big.

not that big in 2019, at any rate. they got other **** to sell.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, going to bed early for once, hope you all have a good time here.
eggman is out.gif

See ya tomorrow, you lovely bunch of ***** ass ************.
oie_2475623PdxTz46m.png

D

Deleted member

still very doubtful of two smash reveals if there's no dedicated presentation tbh

like yeah, smash is big and all, but it's not 'hogging up both the first and last announcement of the presentation' big, or 'hogging up 10 minutes of the presentation because you'd have to kill sakurai to stop him from breaking down their moveset in extreme detail' big.

I do think that we may get a trailer of around 1 to 3 minutes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, what things would make you happy if they were revealed to be in smash?
I'm pretty content with what we have (every character and almost every past stage, Ridley and K. Rool, new content on a regular basis), but in terms of new character reveals, Banjo-Kazooie and/or Dante would definitely have me excited.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I’m only banking on 2 because of the Microsoft stuff. If they’re announcing that they’re bringing more games to the Switch, and a Microsoft character is being announced at some point, then that E3 conference is the perfect place to do it. Also Erdrick.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, what things would make you happy if they were revealed to be in smash?
Any of these characters.

Agumon
Amaterasu
Banjo-Kazooie
Black Shadow
Doom Slayer
Elma
Leon Powalski
Medusa
Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
Phoenix Wright
Sylux

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m only banking on 2 because of the Microsoft stuff. If they’re announcing that they’re bringing more games to the Switch, and a Microsoft character is being announced at some point, then that E3 conference is the perfect place to do it. Also Erdrick.
I would only guarantee a single trailer at most.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They need to fill the presentation with as many stuff as possible, so a Smash trailer is easily granted.
Not necessarily. Remember last year's E3?

XC2 DLC
Three Houses
Smash

I think that's it. They even announced Let's Go before E3 because they wanted to dedicate more time to Smash.

Nintendo didn't bother to share the Animal Crossing announcement, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, etc., because they don't like shoving all their announcements into E3. Ever since BotW they've seemed to take an approach of intensely focusing on their major seller at E3 and otherwise just showing another Direct like usual.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i mean i also don't think a microsoft rep is happening period

but that's more gut feeling than backed up by anything in particular

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think EVO will reveal the next DLC character in August? Because that's my prediction alongside 2 being revealed at E3 and then the final one being revealed in December at the VGA this year.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
can't believe edea just hit me with the remember to like comment and subscribe
Feels like you've been betrayed, right?

I still need to play both these games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you guys think EVO will reveal the next DLC character in August? Because that's my prediction alongside 2 being revealed at E3 and then the final one being revealed in December at the VGA this year.
I can see it happening. We got a Smash Direct announcement at last year's EVO, and seeing as Joker was announced at the Game Awards, Nintendo seems to be branching out and making Smash announcements outside of Nintendo Directs, other Nintendo-held presentations, or E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom