• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This art just screams that the artist was high af when drawing this lmao
ee7719085ccd78b270de664f70ee255f.jpg

Cowboy dragons? Y e s P l e a s e

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've made it to the end of the second dungeon in Persona 4. I'm enjoying the game, but when it comes to both Persona 4 and Persona 5, I don't get why they cram all of this embarrassing/awkward/cringey (as much as I don't like using the word "cringey") stuff into the start of the game.

With Persona 5, it was Kamoshida's palace and Yusuke's blackmail of Ann, while for Persona 4, it's Kanji's shadow and (from what I saw of the name when looking up how many floors were in Kanji's dungeon) the entire concept of the third dungeon.

I don't know if the other games are like that (though I might just stick to Persona 3 - it seems like the games have been getting less and less accessible as I go back, and I'm concerned that Persona 1 and 2 would be really difficult to get into as a result), but it's an issue that I've had with both of the Persona games that I've played so far.

D

Deleted member

I've made it to the end of the second dungeon in Persona 4. I'm enjoying the game, but when it comes to both Persona 4 and Persona 5, I don't get why they cram all of this embarrassing/awkward/cringey (as much as I don't like using the word "cringey") stuff into the start of the game.

With Persona 5, it was Kamoshida's palace and Yusuke's blackmail of Ann, while for Persona 4, it's Kanji's shadow and (from what I saw of the name when looking up how many floors were in Kanji's dungeon) the entire concept of the third dungeon.
Symbolismmmmmmmmm (at least for the dungeons). But yeah I don't dig the whole "wowie these chikas are hot slices of bacon served with hard eggs, 'ey Pardner!!?" jokes and antics outside the dungeons. Doesn't help when they're all underaged. At the very least, the third dungeon is the last sexy dungeon, and the game just feels more enjoyable afterwards.

Persona 3 has its share of it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Alright, I've gotten about 98% of all the treasures in my WL2 run. Just have to figure out how to access the last level with the final treasure.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So how is everyone holding up with the well...**** going on?

For me, all of the classes I'm observing are pushed to online. Lucky for me, I'm able to join the sessions without losing my hours. Same for my online class I'm teaching

Noipoi

Howdy!

For me, all of the classes I'm observing are pushed to online. Lucky for me, I'm able to join the sessions without losing my hours. Same for my online class I'm teaching
May or may not be going into quarantine for a month.

I hope not but, y’know.

D

Deleted member

this should be safe to post I think anyway I loled at this
edit: ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm healthy but my mom has cancer so her immune system's really compromised. If she gets the corona virus she could die. It looks like she and older people are suggested to quarantine for 4 months. This means I have to do all her shopping, which more or less happened anyway.
He hates these generators!!!

Pretend I'm super talented at Photoshop
+1 for The Jerk reference.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A lot of other rule revisions happened for Master Rule 4.5 too.

https://ygorganization.com/whyarentyoubuyingddcrowsrightnow/

A good way to put it is "timing" has some notable bits as well in chains, so even Sangan can be made to not work in the correct order of resolution. Monsters bounced to the ED can't activate their effects generally anymore(meaning Absolute Zero got a huge nerf), among others. This makes things like Grand Mole significantly stronger than it used to be. Not that it'll do anything even then, but still, it has a lot more power now. Thank goodness Kirin is banned, though, since it was already borked enough.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Welp, I think I'm done with my run with WL2. I've managed to find all the hidden treasures in every level minus the picture panels (I really didn't feel like going through them all again just to reach the mini-game to collect them.) and I also unlocked all five endings in the game.

I got more out of the game than my first run with it, so maybe some time later I'll try an actual 100% run and play through the "true" final chapter.

Good night!

Shroob

Sup?
A lot of other rule revisions happened for Master Rule 4.5 too.

https://ygorganization.com/whyarentyoubuyingddcrowsrightnow/

A good way to put it is "timing" has some notable bits as well in chains, so even Sangan can be made to not work in the correct order of resolution. Monsters bounced to the ED can't activate their effects generally anymore(meaning Absolute Zero got a huge nerf), among others. This makes things like Grand Mole significantly stronger than it used to be. Not that it'll do anything even then, but still, it has a lot more power now. Thank goodness Kirin is banned, though, since it was already borked enough.
Hot take but with the Pendulum Nerf and Electrumite to 0, Kirin would unironically be okay at 1.

Annoying as hell but I doubt it'd be broken considering the nerf Pendulums got in MR4 + the best card got killed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hot take but with the Pendulum Nerf and Electrumite to 0, Kirin would unironically be okay at 1.

Annoying as hell but I doubt it'd be broken considering the nerf Pendulums got in MR4 + the best card got killed.
Electrumite, imo, isn't the problem with Kirin. It doesn't have any weaknesses at all and they can just re-summon it from the hand every turn. Remember, it's not going to the ED face-up very often at all. Unless you negate its effect... and it would stay on the field anyway even with Solemn Strike, since it cannot be destroyed to begin with. It would if destroyed by battle, which won't happen anyway because it'll be off the field. It's like why Yata was unbeatable. It never stays on the field long enough.

Kirin's complete immunity to effect destruction and targeting is the problem alone. If it was only summonable by having at least(or both) Majespecter scales, it wouldn't have ever done anything. It needs actual summoning conditions to stop it from being problematic. I mean, maybe it will come back, but Electrumite won't matter at all due to its own strength as a card.

The only other thing they could do is not allow it to return itself to the hand to activate its effect, which would mean it'd be actually hard to use.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Electrumite, imo, isn't the problem with Kirin. It doesn't have any weaknesses at all and they can just re-summon it from the hand every turn. Remember, it's not going to the ED face-up very often at all. Unless you negate its effect... and it would stay on the field anyway even with Solemn Strike, since it cannot be destroyed to begin with. It would if destroyed by battle, which won't happen anyway because it'll be off the field. It's like why Yata was unbeatable. It never stays on the field long enough.

Kirin's complete immunity to destruction and targeting is the problem alone. If it was only summonable by having at least(or both) Majespecter scales, it wouldn't have ever done anything. It needs actual summoning conditions to stop it from being problematic. I mean, maybe it will come back, but Electrumite won't matter at all due to its own strength as a card.
Au contraire, but you forget that as is, Pendulum as a whole is pretty dead. Outside of Endymion, and only barely after the last hit, there are pretty much no other Pendulum decks that are viable.

Electrumite would absolutely matter a lot in the factor since it's a card that can tutor any Pendulum from deck to hand, and there's something else to remember. Majespectres, like Qliphorts, were infuriating to play against due to them having 2 scales + 5 backrow. That's changed now due to MR4 and they kept it for MR5.

I'd be all for trying it at a singleton copy just because, as a whole, Pendulum basically doesn't exist anymore at the highest level of play outside 1 type of deck.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I have no ****ing clue what's gonna happen with school. Computer Science is unaffected, and the band director made some preparations, but all my other classes? no clue. I don't even know if I'm supposed to be doing anything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Au contraire, but you forget that as is, Pendulum as a whole is pretty dead. Outside of Endymion, and only barely after the last hit, there are pretty much no other Pendulum decks that are viable.

Electrumite would absolutely matter a lot in the factor since it's a card that can tutor any Pendulum from deck to hand, and there's something else to remember. Majespectres, like Qliphorts, were infuriating to play against due to them having 2 scales + 5 backrow. That's changed now due to MR4 and they kept it for MR5.

I'd be all for trying it at a singleton copy just because, as a whole, Pendulum basically doesn't exist anymore at the highest level of play outside 1 type of deck.
I edited in something that notes its problems.

Electrumite won't actually make Kirin less ridiculous as is if it's gone. The issue is Kirin's extreme power on its own. It's still searchable in its own archtype, and they only need one card to do so. It's constantly able to hit the field outside of Majespecters, who only need to run, what, Toad? Electrumite is useful, but it being gone only slightly slows down Kirin. It's not the backbone to how strong this Pendulum is. The Pendulum needs a nerf itself. The new mechanics don't weaken it remotely at all. There's more than enough Links out there that they could use if they really need to. Electrumite being gone would slightly slow it down at best, but it's a bit overrated in many ways.

Though at least the TCG could return something with Electrumite gone. Joker should seriously not be at 0 there. Having only one Graph Sorcerer I get, but not Joker still banned.

Worth noting that Pendulum Endymion was practically unhit in the OCG and is still pretty powerful. Not just cause of Electrumite. They ignored the deck as is(probably cause it wasn't currently much there, so it'll be the new meta? They mostly ignored Salads and Sky Striker, but it's worth noting they aren't making the biggest splash in the OCG anymore with the previous list alone).

Shroob

Sup?
I edited in something that notes its problems.

Electrumite won't actually make Kirin less ridiculous as is if it's gone. The issue is Kirin's extreme power on its own. It's still searchable in its own archtype, and they only need one card to do so. It's constantly able to hit the field outside of Majespecters, who only need to run, what, Toad? Electrumite is useful, but it being gone only slightly slows down Kirin. It's not the backbone to how strong this Pendulum is. The Pendulum needs a nerf itself. The new mechanics don't weaken it remotely at all. There's more than enough Links out there that they could use if they really need to. Electrumite being gone would slightly slow it down at best, but it's a bit overrated in many ways.

Though at least the TCG could return something with Electrumite gone. Joker should seriously not be at 0 there. Having only one Graph Sorcerer I get, but not Joker still banned.

Worth noting that Pendulum Endymion was practically unhit in the OCG and is still pretty powerful. Not just cause of Electrumite. They ignored the deck as is(probably cause it wasn't currently much there, so it'll be the new meta? They mostly ignored Salads and Sky Striker, but it's worth noting they aren't making the biggest splash in the OCG anymore with the previous list alone).
I love how the OCG hit ABC because............

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I disagree to an extent. I feel like Electrumite was basically the glue that held Pendulums together. As someone who's taken Pendulum Magicians all the way to Guardragon Pendulums before the last list... the deck just feels like hot garbo since the Elec ban.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love how the OCG hit ABC because............

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I disagree to an extent. I feel like Electrumite was basically the glue that held Pendulums together. As someone who's taken Pendulum Magicians all the way to Guardragon Pendulums before the last list... the deck just feels like hot garbo since the Elec ban.
The TCG also way overhit some cards. Of course they aren't going to be as good. All the good Pendulums are unusable or banned. Qli is dead due to lack of backrow and floodgates being actually banned/limited. It's not Electrumite as a whole being gone alone. It's because they actually have hit them in other ways. Qlis was never at full power at any point since they hit Vanity's Emptiness to 0(which to be frank, would vastly change how good they can be).

Electrumite was a pointless ban if they won't return anything Magician, but it was clearly meant to actually kill the deck anyway. It's pretty hard to adapt when every option is... kind of gone.

ABC-Dragon Buster actually makes sense to hit, to be fair. They don't want them to spam multiple copies per duel again. It's an easy card to reuse over and over again since it can banish itself to bring back all copies. Then you can do whatever you want with them. Rank 4 and remove all materials? Another ABC-Dragon Buster instantly. It's probably going to move back up, but the deck was extremely powerful for a while. They also hit Union Hangar(not just cause of the Destruction Sword thing, I imagine) probably to weaken the deck's ability to return unhindered thanks to MR 4.5. A lot of spam stuff got hit hard. Hell, one of the few that still exists is Isolde, but at least they removed the only problematic equip(Phoenix Blade) to stop reusage of her effect, so.

For the most part, hitting almost every fusion card while hitting their searcher seems overkill, and it is. They want to try and force new product that is weaker as is. So they hit almost every damn good thing. One thing untouched was as I noted, Pendulums. Salads and Sky Striker were left untouched too. Though I don't think either used stuff like Instant Fusion, but I think they still used Dragun, so its splashability was hit pretty hard with a mass change.

D

Deleted member

This is what my contact at Fortnite HQ found in regards to the next Nintendo State Of Play:

faa-1.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well apparently there was this Facebook post going around about how Walmart's shelves are unsanitary, so now management has responded by pulling people from different departments and making them clean the shelves with spray bottles and paper towels.

That includes me. I'm really angry about this. I didn't apply to be a janitor, and some of the selves are messy enough that the paper towels they gave me just don't cut it.

Besides that's only a temporary solution at best. They should have people who clean these shelves regularly, not grab people from doing their usual job and making us scrub only when customers bring attention to it.

When this virus passes I need to see about finding a better job.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well apparently there was this Facebook post going around about how Walmart's shelves are unsanitary, so now management has responded by pulling people from different departments and making them clean the shelves with spray bottles and paper towels.

That includes me. I'm really angry about this. I didn't apply to be a janitor, and some of the selves are messy enough that the paper towels they gave me just don't cut it.

Besides that's only a temporary solution at best. They should have people who clean these shelves regularly, not grab people from doing their usual job and making us scrub only when customers bring attention to it.

When this virus passes I need to see about finding a better job.
When I worked at the movie theater, I was either at snack bar or ticket taker. I was either/or for a day, but the latter came with being pit crew (aka the messy ****) :yoshi:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD So, sometimes inspiration comes in the most strangest of ways...after having been listening to the Silmarillion, -trying- to keep playing SoW's Demo and reading quite a lot of stuff and the movies I watched, along with the fact that other of my best friends is currently playing Animal Crossing New Horizons, I couldn't help but to do this silly thing:
Middle Earth New Horizons.png

xP Besides, I am the one that does the most odd crossovers. I remember doing something like this long ago with other characters, so, I felt it would be a good time to give it another shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom