• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I'm just not a fan of shows like that.

The Simpsons? Nope, just never really watched it. Family Guy? Nope American Dad? I'll admit I watched a single episode but I didn't really enjoy it that much.

I like my shows to be action and adventure with long and overarching plots(think One Piece, the Marvel Movie multiverse, the MTG stories, The Legend of Zelda's timeline, Undertale's narrative, etc), not comedy shows with one-off plots.
I’m not tellin you to watch their shows, they’re kinda trash.

I’m just saying you’re not allowed back here until you listen to the theme songs :)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I like adventure shows but not having heard the theme song to an iconic adult animatic like Family Guy is... something.

I was gonna try and bring up cartoon shows themes, but then I realized few even have lyrics.

And also the Danny Phantom rap so obviously tops the list.

Noipoi

Howdy!
it's so ****ing loud and dusty in this house my sinuses are clogged and people keep listening to ****ty brown people music all my lgbtphobic family are super drunk and loud and my cool and good cousins left a while ago leaving me stuck here i'm gonna die in this place on international women's day before i get to play botw2

i hate it here
You should nap

for days

until you can go home

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My favourite animated sitcom theme is easily Futurama's.

D

Deleted member

I like adventure shows but not having heard the theme song to an iconic adult animatic like Family Guy is... something.

I was gonna try and bring up cartoon shows themes, but then I realized few even have lyrics.

And also the Danny Phantom rap so obviously tops the list.
Well, for one thing, my parents are very...perceptive to what I watch, so I so much as touch that channel, they would know and I would have a lot of explaining to do. thank god youtube exists thou lmao

But like I said above, I just don't care. Not my cup of tea, despite my attempts at going outside of my comfort zone.

D

Deleted member

You should nap

for days

until you can go home
have you ever listened to bollywood music combined with loud drunk brown uncles sleep is nothing but a distant memory for me

probably just gonna stay up until 3 and try to catch some sleep on the flight and before my class

D

Deleted member

One of my favourite animated show/anime intro songs has to be this one:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
But uh, Star's outros were pretty damn good of the more recent cartoons. I like the Sailor Moon vibes of the second outro but the first one is also good.

But. The full songs to "We Are the Crystal Gems" and "Love Like You" are stellar.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
American Dad was really the last good one until it degarded to Family Guy levels following that episode where the whole town shunned and drove Steve away due to making this famous sports player quit.

Simpsons. It just isn't as it used to be and should have ended at least after the movie.

For me its now Rick and Morty. Still currently waiting for the rest of the Season 4 episodes to release before watching again.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I only intended to play Yakuza Zero for like an hour or 2 at most today.

That was at like 1PM and it's now 10.PM where I am. I ended up getting really invested in a plot I've already experienced a couple times.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I find Family Guy's opening theme to be pretty catchy, don't really care much for American Dad though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't watch a lot of adult cartoons, but I've seen most of Futurama and plan to watch some Simpsons one of these days.

For cartoon openings as a whole though, I really love Gravity Falls' and Amphibia's opening themes. I guess I'm a fan of music that doesn't have lyrics.

D

Deleted member

The only adult cartoons I've ever seen are Rick & Morty and Robot Chicken.

Not sure if I should count Samurai Jack.

D

Deleted member

have you ever listened to bollywood music combined with loud drunk brown uncles sleep is nothing but a distant memory for me

probably just gonna stay up until 3 and try to catch some sleep on the flight and before my class
the most aggravating part of this is that the speaker system they're using is hooked throughout the entire house, there's a roof-mounted speaker everywhere including directly outside the room where i'm sleeping holy **** i am going to perish here

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, I still don't have a favorite cartoon or show or movie or game. I think there's a lot of good ones, and all with their own qualities that make them good. That's why I don't know if I can pick a favorite. I like to think of their worlds, characters, themes, impact on me, and everything.

D

Deleted member

There are god-tier anime intros

There are also good western cartoon intros

And then you have the god-tier Transformers movie OST mixing the best of both worlds:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright boys

Family Guy. American Dad. Cleveland Show.

Rank the theme songs.
American Dad by far. I have a soft spot for big band music, it's catchy, and the gags keep it from getting stale.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
When it comes to animated show openings, Gravity Falls and Justice League are the peak, let's be honest.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're ranking good Western cartoon theme songs/intros. In general, Imma have to give it to action shows at the time. They had some bangers.

1. 90's Spider-Man
2. 90's X-Men
3. Batman the Animated Series
4. Spectacular Spider-Man
5. TMNT 2003
6. Static Shock
7. 90's Iron Man (Season 2)
8. Batman Beyond
9. Samurai Jack
10. Jackie Chan Adventures

There's other good ones too. Ben 10 and Avengers EMH kind of hit honestly. But if you don't like at least one of these. You not only have trash taste, but you don't deserve to talk to me.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serious question for y'all:

What doth life?
What Doth Life is an record label founded in 2010 and based in Windsor, Vermont. Notable artists include The Pilgrims, Carton, Giant Travel Avant Garde, Luke Chrisinger, and Derek and the Demons. The label is run by the musicians it represents and is described as a "musician's co-op".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Simpsons had a dominant pop culture presence for me growing up and still does thanks to meme culture.

People in my friend groups who haven't watched it tend to come across a social barrier because of how heavily referenced it gets in conversation.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Other contenders are both Ducktales themes, Darkwing Duck, Gravity Falls, Batman the Animated Series, Gargoyles, Samurai Jack, Danny Phantom, Inspector Gadget, Steven Universe, Codename: Kids Next Door, Kim Possible, Milo Murphy’s Law and We Bare Bears.

I’d say The Real Ghostbusters too, but I’m not sure if I can count that.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Not a cartoon (thought it was one when I was younger), but I unironically like Sonic X's theme song.

And I was gonna bring up TMMT 2003 since that was my 4Kids morning show along with Sonix X.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
5. TMNT 2003
I ****ing love this theme. The 80's theme gets most of the attention as it was in the middle of peak turtlemania but the 03 theme will always be the GOAT for me.
This is all I have to say

Buh-Barbarian. Buh-buh-Barbarian
Buh-Barbarian. Buh-buh-Barbarian :yoshi:
I wish that got more episodes.

At least Kim Possible got a decent amount of seasons. That also had a banger opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom