• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Really didn't like how my other pfp looked so I spent a bit more time drawing this one

Also what's up y'all

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Best Western animation themes?
90s Spider-Man
60s Spider-Man
90s Batman
90s X-Men
Rugrats
Stickin' Around
Powerpuff Girls
Adventure Time
Duck Tales
Darkwing Duck
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
Goof Troop
Arthur (you know I'm right, don't deny it)
80s TMNT
Sonic Underground
Scooby-Doo
Spongebob
Magic School Bus
Looney Tunes (Merry-Go-Round Broke Down)
Reboot
Cow & Chicken
House of Mouse
Fairly Odd Parents
Dexter's Lab
6Teen
Pinky & The Brain
Animaniacs
Danny Phantom
The Weekenders
Pippi Longstocking
Pepper Ann
Felix the Cat
The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat
Inspector Gadget
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Katie and Orbie

Edit: I forgot The Simpsons.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
90s Spider-Man
60s Spider-Man
90s Batman
90s X-Men
Rugrats
Stickin' Around
Powerpuff Girls
Adventure Time
Duck Tales
Darkwing Duck
Goof Troop
80s TMNT
Sonic Underground
Scooby-Doo
Spongebob
Magic School Bus
Reboot
Cow & Chicken
House of Mouse
Fairly Odd Parents
Dexter's Lab
6Teen
Pinky & The Brain
Animaniacs
Danny Phantom
The Weekenders
Pippi Longstocking
Pepper Ann
Felix the Cat
Inspector Gadget
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Katie and Orbie
Jesus christ that was literally the first television show I have any memory of, period.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
90s Spider-Man
60s Spider-Man
90s Batman
90s X-Men
Rugrats
Stickin' Around
Powerpuff Girls
Adventure Time
Duck Tales
Darkwing Duck
Goof Troop
80s TMNT
Sonic Underground
Scooby-Doo
Spongebob
Magic School Bus
Reboot
Cow & Chicken
House of Mouse
Fairly Odd Parents
Dexter's Lab
6Teen
Pinky & The Brain
Animaniacs
Danny Phantom
The Weekenders
Pippi Longstocking
Pepper Ann
Felix the Cat
Inspector Gadget
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Katie and Orbie
Pinky and the Brain was so good.

Shame the network set it up to die by forcing Elmyra in.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright boys

Family Guy. American Dad. Cleveland Show.

Rank the theme songs.
American Dad.
Why?
Because it fits the main character well, and besides... Cleveland Show I have no idea what the theme is, and I refuse to praise Family Guy for anything. I despise Family Guy.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Alright boys

Family Guy. American Dad. Cleveland Show.

Rank the theme songs.
M y n a m e i s c l e v e l a n d b r o w n , a n d I a m p r o u d to be , r i g h t b a c k i n m y h o m e t o w n , w i t h m y n e w f a m i l y

I hope you're satisfied that will be now playing on loop in my head for the next month

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Great. Gigantafatass is back.

BUT NOW I HAVE MARSHADOW AHAHAHAHA

Edit: oh damn, and G-Machamp spawns more frequently! I can finally catch one!

Edit 2: Caught the first one. Nice.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still enjoy singing the upbeat, little weird and little wild theme song of Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Too bad they butchered the final season

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is noot really an "opening" in the traditional sense since it is only played in the furst episode, but The Dragon Prince's intro scene is quite heavily inspired by the A:TLA opening while still having its own identity, and the background music in it is phenomenal.

Y'all are silly if you thought you could talk about western animation without me shilling TDP once.

D

Deleted member

I can't take this out of my head and trying to take It out is making me crazier:

D

Deleted member

Sleeping for 2 hours only to wake up at 5am and still feeling absolutely terrible. That cold, fever or whatever it is is starting to drive me insane... I should sleep but I barely can.

D

Deleted member

Sleeping for 2 hours only to wake up at 5am and still feeling absolutely terrible. That cold, fever or whatever it is is starting to drive me insane... I should sleep but I barely can.
I've barely slept recently too.

My routine is basically fricked due to how late I sleep and how late I wake up.

Hikraki

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
HIK#203
Switch FC
SW-5687-9628-3383
Rewrite from FMA and Bloody Stream from Jojo's are 2 of my favs. I even bought Sol Fa so I could own Rewrite.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, I also really liked Star. For a minute there, what with the hiatuses, I even enjoyed it more than Steven Universe at one point.

Now I don't have any shows to watch. i would watch The Owl House but currently no Disney at our house which friggin sucks. And Mao Mao is getting the SU treatment with a pretty big hiatus already.

The only thing I know is coming is She-Ra's new season and that's something I can actually watch.

D

Deleted member

Me: It is 4:28am. I should be sleeping right now. The frick's wrong with me!?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, I also really liked Star. For a minute there, what with the hiatuses, I even enjoyed it more than Steven Universe at one point.

Now I don't have any shows to watch. i would watch The Owl House but currently no Disney at our house which friggin sucks. And Mao Mao is getting the SU treatment with a pretty big hiatus already.

The only thing I know is coming is She-Ra's new season and that's something I can actually watch.
For a while I think I called it my second favorite show. It was the runner-up to Gravity Falls.

People have their complaints about season 3, but I still thought it was top-notch. The Eclipsa arc was an excellent chapter of the show's story.

My only real issue with the season was the fact that Star and Tom got back together; and no, it's not because of Starco (I was more of a Jarco fan, tbh) but rather it's because the whole time they were a couple, I...didn't think they ever had any chemistry together. Like, at all. It felt like a forced plot device more than anything else. Later I watched a review of the show that pointed out that Star was never really a good girlfriend to him during that period of time anyway, and that just soured my already negative opinion on the ship further. Other than that, though, I really liked the season. Season 4 started off strong before it spiraled downward and into a burning dumpster fire somewhere along the way.

Oof. I digress. I don't mean to ramble to you, this all just came to my mind again and I just felt like getting that off my chest at the moment. May I ask, why can't you watch Disney at your place right now, exactly?

As soon as you can watch the channel again, though, please do definitely check out The Owl House. It's been fantastic so far. It's spooky, magical, well-written thus far, and it's reminiscent of Gravity Falls, with some of it's key contributors even being former members of Gravity Falls crew (it was created by Alex Hirsch's girlfriend, and it features the voice talents of Hirsch himself as well.) I'd recommend it any day.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD Ok so, I had reached the 10 hour mark of the Silmarillion, and I swear I laughed at this Beleg Elf guy is told by an elf king "You can take any sword I have, with the exception of my own." and he decides to grab the most suspicious, evil looking sword he lays eyes upon and even when the queen tells her "I sense evil coming from it, because it was forged by a Dark elf." and he's like "This is fine.". Like, REALLY? And while I suffered an stressful coughing fit, I got so mad because I couldn't sleep that while I was listening to the audiobook I started to fast forward it, just to see that at least the hours I was going to stay awake were going to have more about Cele. But nope. Basically, in the tale of Baren and Luthien, Celebrimbor just went "Hi! Bye!" and that's it. x'D That was honestly a bummer!

PRACTICE.png

Also some random practice I did to relax, now that I feel a little better. I saw that if you struggle drawing something, it is a good idea to just focus on that part, and in this case I tried with the eyes. I was just going to make the realistic looking ones only, but I decided to add the cartoony ones too. Also damn it, i began to cough again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still enjoy singing the upbeat, little weird and little wild theme song of Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Too bad they butchered the final season
At least Regular Show, and Steven Universe look to be two modern day shows with amazing finales, and id argue that for most part neither ever had a truly horrible season or episode. Regular had its lesser episodes but there’s always a good laugh or two in them.

And SU has great themes, messages, and lore building. And honestly I liked the townie episodes. Can’t wait for future’s finale because it looks to be a master piece in animation imo.

Star was definitely amazing and toffee is still one of the best villains but they definitely rushed that last season. Mina was a stupid antagonist idea and so was making moon a total asshole. Should have honestly bought toffee back and have Star come to that same realization he was right. Would have been a pretty great idea.

Owl house has been super great so far though and honestly if anyone here isn’t watching it but likes it’s predecessors then give the show a watch. Amphibia too as that’s another show with a lot of promise.

I’m not entirely sure but if you have Disney plus I think owl house is on there. If not it probably will be soon. It’s a fantastic show and like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls it seems to have its whole plot and lore figured out already. Making for some real strong standings so far. Plus a gravity falls crossover episode seems actually plausible and that would be really hype

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The reason I don't have Disney atm is because our cable suddenly died out of nowhere to where we couldn't get any channels, so now we're using some satellite things for channels or whatever and the good stuff ain't on those channels.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Morning people.

Have to go to a doctor's appointment this morning before class last minute. Stomach has been really funky last night.

Means I could probably avoid getting shouted at for less work which is hopefully a good thing.

D

Deleted member

Alright, no more Ugandan Sans avatar, I think the joke has gone on long enough.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This is what the voice actors of Ed, Edd n Eddy looked like

Are they voice actors or are they actually wannabe skater dudes?

For better or worse I love that weird video quality of the 90's and 2,000s still.
This is going to sound a bit blind but for some places like some parts of the US or East Asia, you guys really had some cool things during that period.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know what's funny? I was a Disney Channel kid. I would watch American Dragon, Kim Possible, and Lilo & Stich the series where some of favorite shows growing up. Then my parents cancled cable because they thought me and my sisters spent too much time watching TV.

I distinctly remember seeing Leroy and Stitch and feeling alienated over American Dragon's art style shift, so they must have canceled it sometime in 2006 or 2007 - just in time for me to miss the first episode of Phineas and Ferb.

I never really found out about P&F until I was in middle school, but by then I was going through a "too mature for stupid cartoons" phase, which was really ironic in that I was still obsessed with pokemon. And by "phase", I mean the entirety of my teen years. It wasn't until I was 20 that someone on reddit resparked my love for cartoons by linking to the Gravity Falls "lefty" short.

That show could have been apart of my childhood, but I suppose the mysterious force didn't want me to see it until I was 22.

Anyway I guess the moral of the story is don't be afraid to like something stupid. Humans are weird creatures. Sometimes we like stupid things like blue platypi in fedoras or plumbers who jump on turtles, and anyone who might judge you for it also probably likes something that's in some way "stupid" to anyway.

...Sorry for the late night ramble. I can't sleep and my mind is wandering all over the place now. Blame DST for throwing a wrench into my sleeping habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom