• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Might get buried but hey.

So to round off what I did today I've had a deep dive (pun intended) into Made in Abyss, a really, really good anime.
1583625173082.png
Weirdly haunting yet intriguing, characters are well done, the world building so far is definitely on the better half of anime I've seen and great music.

A really interesting Gravity Rush meets Dig Dug and Studio Ghibli vibe.
At episode 6 and I'd give a category 2 ranking (8 - 9 of out 10) so far.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
xD No se como expresar que RISA me saco el Ludicolo! :3 Y felicidades, amigo mio! O3O Aunque me da curiosidad, como que tomaron libertades con tu diseño? Te refieres al personaje?

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD I reached the 8 hour mark of The Silmarillion Audiobook. I swear I was shocked with what happened to Fingolfin. :'C When I heard what Morgoth did afterwards almost got me screaming. Also, I gotta say, the story of Luthien and Baren was sad, and yet it ended rather sweetly. xD I felt like eating popcorn out of much it had me on edge wondering what was going to happen to them, but well, at least I had japanese style peanuts! And since I had read before that Tolkien got inspired by his wife to create that story, it was even more heartwarming. (I think I will take them over Aragorn and Arwen) And I rejoiced when I finally heard Celebrimbor's name being mentioned and how he wasn't like his father and uncle. Those two got me fuming in anger to what they tried to do against the pair. :happysheep: I hope I can hear more about Cele, though. I just pray that the audio doesn't get cut off like in some random parts of the audiobook, I lost count how many times it has happened, plus I don't know if it is a considerable chunk or not.

:> And just like before, I am still freaking sick, but at least the painful sore throat has diminished considerably.
Yeah, the Silmarillion is also a collaborative effort if Tolkien's son to finish the book if I'm not mistaken so a lot of the story being filled in could possibly have holes in it. Sometimes that happens so it may not technically be the audiobook.

But yeah, I wish they would make the Shadow games canon they're already wrapped in the lore and the games and stories are good enough to not stain the already incredible lore and story.

D

Deleted member

Guess who just got back from his first time fishing?
unnamed (4).jpg

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Guess who went to some garage sales today
Guess who got a Wii U for 15 bucks
Guess who is currently playing Wind Waker because some sucker left it in his Wii U
8D16C82E-8607-44E3-9594-CFFB698FD173.jpeg

This guy.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, the Silmarillion is also a collaborative effort if Tolkien's son to finish the book if I'm not mistaken so a lot of the story being filled in could possibly have holes in it. Sometimes that happens so it may not technically be the audiobook.

But yeah, I wish they would make the Shadow games canon they're already wrapped in the lore and the games and stories are good enough to not stain the already incredible lore and story.
From what I have seen so far, the fandom of the Lord of the Rings and anything that derivates from it is pretty devided between the original source, the movies and the games. And instead of thinking what is or is not canon, and attacking whatever Tolkien did not write down, I feel people should enjoy each thing by they own merit. Or if they want, ignore whatever they don't like instead of saying it makes the man roll in his grave. Though with a work as influential and complex as his, it seems quite the ordeal.

I mean if it weren't for the movies and my loose memory of them, I would not have understood what the Shadow games were about, and without the games I wouldn't have got curious about the original written work. And well, all 3 have the same purpose, that is to entertain, I think.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Lucky B.

Including the period at the end, that's 8 letters right there.

Adapt. Improvise.
Very big brain. Just named him. But once I finish this save file I gotta make one just named Link or else I’ve sinned. It is the law

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How so?

I'm guessing it performs better on GameCube or something?
Short answer: The PS2 version feels a bit incomplete.

Long answer: The PS2 version...
  • Enemies just disappear when destroyed rather than break into pieces
  • Level clear images only appear after the world's boss rather than all levels
  • Some NPCs don't have voice clips
  • Those you rescue are silent rather cheer
  • One cutscene didn't play
  • A bit buggier
Though both were played on emulators (plus the cutscenes weren't playing properly on PS2 and one bug that made me stuck to the point I couldn't progress anymore so I had to move to GameCube)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm two episodes away from finishing the Ninth Doctor's run on Doctor Who. I'm assuming that some of the plot points brought up in these episodes are going to be conveniently ignored later on for better or worse, since I'm pretty sure that the Doctor interacts with past/future versions of himself without causing giant bat monsters to appear out of nowhere, and the TARDIS (a machine that travels through time and space, and could theoretically go to any time or place, get what's needed, and return moments after it left) isn't going to have nanomachines on hand that can literally raise the dead with no ill effects.

Also. Simon Pegg made an appearance, which was a nice surprise.

I'm enjoying it so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next two episodes hold, and how Tennant's run will go. I do wish that the episode preview didn't give away the villains of the next episode - it reminds me of Dragon Ball Z, where the narration was occasionally like "How can Tien hope to withstand Nappa's vicious onslaught? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!!", which was followed up by the episode title: "The Death of Tien". (I don't think it was literally like that, but there was at least one episode preview that was along those lines)

So far, my favourite episode was Dalek, and my least favourite was the Slitheen two parter (the fart jokes got old VERY quickly).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
tired steven.PNG

you all need to calm down, i can't keep up with all the activity on this thread

EDIT: just as i post this, my funny moment fails...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I almost fell asleep at my uncle's bed.

Now I am at home about to have dinner.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm working on a script for a youtube video on the top ten characters I want in Smash.

would it be too tacky if I had a tiny interjection from Phoenix Wright for his spot on the list?

D

Deleted member

I'm working on a script for a youtube video on the top ten characters I want in Smash.

would it be too tacky if I had a tiny interjection from Phoenix Wright for his spot on the list?
Nah, that actually would be something he would do, or at least be in character. He is a lawyer after all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well word is on the street Final Kombat is still happening just livestream.

So still gonna get to see some juicy Spawn gameplay and potentially Kombat Pack 2 being revealed.

D

Deleted member

Nani someone already drew the idea I had a few days ago? Huh, neat. Means less work for me!
c60ec4fb3f5df7d4d545b4ea3b8f1ee12553cab8_hq.jpg

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bought 500 Quick Balls in Pokemon Sword, went to route 3, and started just ****ing catching everything in sight.

Wtf am I even accomplishing? Lmao

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Somewhat obvious plot twist aside, I thought the "Airy lies" message that's made on the title screen was a pretty cute touch.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Come
With
Me

And you'll see

A whole world

Of classic degradation

What you'll see

Will not be

Inspiration
I just want to watch the world go ballistic over this concept. It was either that or a live action Tom and Jerry The Movie remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom