• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
By the by I still stand by my notion that Gravity Falls' finale is only really rivaled by Avatar: The Last Airbender's for sheer amazing-ness.

Seriously, there are no better fights than

Aang vs. Firelord Ozai and Zuko vs. Azula, and Shacktron vs. Bill Cipher

1583614905025.png
1583614933283.png

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Played some more MMZ4.

Slowy getting my groove back, tho I still died alot, but that's Mega Man Zero for ya.

Also, playing every stage on the hardest weather doesn't help, but hey, that's where the fun is. That, and beside the boss, Fenri stage was prettyyyyyy easy, and even then, he took me like 3 try thanks to me having his weakness. So hopefully the other stages goes as smooth.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Beautiful
View attachment 264990
"Hey kid! My ex wife still misses me, bu-"
View attachment 264992
"Finally someone who gets it! for the past... year, maybe, it feels like all my friends are drifting away to bigger and better things! The gems have Little Homeschool, Connie has college, Lars is being a space pirate, the list goes on. I'm happy for them, but it just feels like my life has plateaued, like I can't change or do better. It's so... annoying. I'm losing my role in the world at sixteen, all my friends are going on without me."
View attachment 264990
"get a therapist, kid"
"You see its funny because fusion is terrible."
These posts just made my freaking day.

Thank you.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
By the by I still stand by my notion that Gravity Falls' finale is only really rivaled by Avatar: The Last Airbender's for sheer amazing-ness.

Seriously, there are no better fights than

Aang vs. Firelord Ozai and Zuko vs. Azula, and Shacktron vs. Bill Cipher

View attachment 264994View attachment 264996
Addendum: In cartoons. If we're talking all animation, then All Might vs. Nomu and

All Might vs. All for One
are also on this level.

1583615222921.png

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've discovered that the GameCube version of Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku is infinitely better than the PlayStation 2 version.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Played some more MMZ4.

Slowy getting my groove back, tho I still died alot, but that's Mega Man Zero for ya.

Also, playing every stage on the hardest weather doesn't help, but hey, that's where the fun is. That, and beside the boss, Fenri stage was prettyyyyyy easy, and even then, he took me like 3 try thanks to me having his weakness. So hopefully the other stages goes as smooth.
I've never switched the weather since you can't gain those neat weapon skills when doing so. That being said, I think MMZ4 is easily the most tame in terms of difficulty.

Still need to get that Legacy Collection at some point, tho.

D

Deleted member

Disney debuted some new Mickey and Minnie animatronics and my word are they adorable.
58A06C5A-635C-4DA3-93C2-EF5431F83C81.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've never switched the weather since you can't gain those neat weapon skills when doing so. That being said, I think MMZ4 is easily the most tame in terms of difficulty.

Still need to get that Legacy Collection at some point, tho.
Uh, no you can get EX-skill by changing the weather. As long as it's the "good" weather for the stage in question (Snowy for Fenri stage for exemple).

And hey, I haven't played a Zero game in ages, so i'm cool that this game is one of the easier one. Especially since I already played Zero 1 to 3 on the Wii U & I'm still getting dunk on here and there.:estatic:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Uh, no you can get EX-skill by changing the weather. As long as it's the "good" weather for the stage in question (Snowy for Fenri stage for exemple).

And hey, I haven't played a Zero game in ages, so i'm cool that this game is one of the easier one. Especially since I already played Zero 1 to 3 on the Wii U & I'm still getting dunk on here and there.:estatic:
Oh ****, sorry; I forgot that you only get the skill when the weather's favorable to the boss. It's been a few years since I last played the game so I couldn't remember if you have to manually switch the weather or not.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh ****, sorry; I forgot that you only get the skill when the weather's favorable to the boss. It's been a few years since I last played the game so I couldn't remember if you have to manually switch the weather or not.
You're cool pal.
samus thumb up.jpg
Don't know if you always need to switch the weather to make it favorable to thr boss, but what I know is that I really like this choice. Either you feel not confident & give a "bad" weather to make the stage easier, or you feel foolish confident and yo uthe put the good weather for a harder level, but with a EX-Skill at the end just waiting for ya.~ (that and I could never get a EX-Skill most of the time in the previous games due to them requiring a A-Rank, if I remember correctly, which could I almost never do thanks to my skill. :C )

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just tonight I did a first episode watch of three anime to help me decide the next anime to go for.

God Eater
InSpectre
Made in Abyss

God Eater really looked like they were trying too hard with it.
InSpectre was good but that type of monster flesh stuff ain't really my thing.
Made in Abyss has a weirdly good Gravity Rush meets The Promised Neverland meets Dig Dug vibe. There's a digging game or anime that I would compare it too but I've forgotten what it is.

Number 3 is what I went with.

D

Deleted member

I've probably spent like half the day asleep due to being ill and yet I'm still sleepy. Fun times.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
@Bakugan2556, here's a summary of the Pokemon TCG in it's current state.
RULE SUMMARY
The Pokemon TCG is a very simple TCG, all things consisdered. Each player has a deck of 60 cards, no more and no less. You can only have four cards inm your deck of the same name, with the exemption of basic energy. First thing anyone does is flipping a coin, each player gets to choose a side and whatever side wins gets to choose who goes first. after that, each player draws seven cards. Using the cards in this hand, both players put down as many basic Pokemon as they wish (anything more than one is optional). If they do not have basic Pokemon, they shuffle their deck and draw a new hand of seven. For each time a player does this, the other player may draw an additional card, and if it is a basic it may be played. After this, both players put six prize cards into play, and turn one begins. During the first turn, the player who goes first cannot attack or use a supporter card.

Pokemon themselves are rather simple. You can play a basic from your hand during any point in your turn, and you can evolve any basic into a stage one or stage 2 the turn after they are put into play. You can attach energy to Pokemon (once per turn), which is used to attack. Using an attack ends your turn, but if a Pokemon has an ability, they can use it and it won't end your turn. If you knock out an opponent's Pokemon, you take as many prize cards as the card says (1 for most cards, 2 for EX/GX/V, and 3 for Tag Teams). Your bench can have five Pokemon by default.

Trainer cards are a bit more complex, but not really. There are four types of trainer cards. Item cards are the most simple, there are no rules attached. Tool cards, which are technically a subset of items, can be attacked to a Pokemon in order to give them a buff of some sort. Stadiums affect both players and remain until someone plays a new one. Supporters have big effects, but only one can be used per turn.

The discard pile is where cards go when their effect has worn off, such as a KOed Pokemon, a trainer after being used, or a discarded energy. Unless a card mentions it, you can not get those cards back.

There are two major formats in the Pokemon TCG, Standard and Expanded. Standard has consistent rotations at the end of August, usually getting rid of four sets. Currently, Standard is Ultra-Prism onward, but will likely rotate to Tag Team onward. Expanded seems to be unchanging, aside from a few banned cards every card from Black and White onwards is legal. There are a few types of cards with gimmicks of sorts.

EXes: an Expanded only type of card. They give up two prizes, in exchange for (what used to be) much stronger attacks. Power creep has not been kind to them, and only a few still see play

Megas: another Expanded only type of card. They are played onto an EX they evolve from (Blastoise EX ---> Mega Blastoise EX), and unless you have the corresponding spirit link it ends your turn. They give up two prizes, and once again were highly power-crept.

Ancient Traits: otherwise standard cards, they have a bonus. Things that delete abilities don't touch them

BREAKS: An additional evolution to Pokemon who don't usually evolve, they have a new attack or ability but don't effect pre-existing ones

GXes: The first of these cards still legal in standard. Somewhat akin to EXes, they have stronger attacks and give up two prizes. Unlike them, you must evolve up to use them (You play Gardevoir EX as a basic, but Gardevoir GX must evolve from Kirlia) and have a special, once per game GX attack.

Prism Stars: One prize Pokemon with gimmicky effects. You may only have one of each Prism star in your deck, and instead of going to the discard pile they go to the Lost Zone, completely unobtanible

Tag Teams: Even stronger GXes, that give up three prizes.

Vs: Literally just EXes

Summary of the current metagame

(I play mostly in Expanded, so that's what I'm going over here. If you want a summary of the Standard format, watch PTCGradio, his videos are quite informative.)

Most people play a roughly 10/40/10 split of Pokemon/Trainer/Energy, but it varies based on the deck. Various staple cards include...

Professor Juniper/Professor Sycamore/Professor's Research: Discard your hand, draw seven. One of the best supporters in the game, practically a four of in every deck.

Cynthia (SM: Ultra Prism): Shuffle hand into deck, draw six. Another great supporter, better for more safe players who don't want to throw away all your cards.

Lysandre (XY:Flashfire): Switch your opponent's active Pokemon with one of your choosing. Good for taking out a Pokemon your opponent is setting up.

Guzma (SM: Burning Shadows): Switch you and your opponent's active with one of your choosing. Despite the similarity to Lysandre, both coexist rather well, most use one of both.

Welder (SM: Unbroken Bonds): Attach two fire energy in your hand to any of your Pokemon in play and draw three cards. It lets you put three energy into play per turn, which speeds thing up significantly. Any decks that use fire energy or don't care which energy they use use it.

VS Seeker (XY: Phantom Forces): put a supporter card in your discord pile into your hand.

there are way more, but I'll go into more detail later. I spent an hour writing this, I'm tired.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just got Unovian Stunfisk in Sword. Which means that I only need four forms now.

> A-Raichu
> A-Diglett
> K-Ponyta
> K-Weezing

Once I have these, the most difficult part of the journey begins; obtaining all of the Transfer Legendaries. But before that, I'm gonna have to get my hands on a 6IV Ditto so that I can start breeding for Trade fodder, allowing me to expand my trade collection in order to get these legendaries.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, I've managed to finish an all-treasures run of the first Wario Land, and later on today I'm going out to the mall with my sisters. Pretty comfortable Saturday for me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dhelmise's typing actually pisses me off.

It's a ghost anchor, so you would think it would be Ghost-Steel, or Ghost-Water, but no, it's Ghost-Grass because it has some seaweed on it's design.

???

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dhelmise's typing actually pisses me off.

It's a ghost anchor, so you would think it would be Ghost-Steel, or Ghost-Water, but no, it's Ghost-Grass because it has some seaweed on it's design.

???
The seaweed is the Pokemon.

"The soul of seaweed adrift in the waves became reborn as this Pokémon. It maintains itself with new infusions of seabed detritus and seaweed."

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Played some more MMZ4.

I've beaten that. I remember it was fairly easy (for the MMZ series) but there was a huge bottleneck when you had to go to a special stage and fight commander Craft iirc. He's really hard and you can't go to other stages to find sub tanks. It was a big difficulty spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom