• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I bought Cuphead saturday and played it for a bit, currently at Island 3

it's pretty good

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Right now I'm binge-watching every character trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Wonder what the hype train was like back then?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
>spend all day studying
>the vocab on the test was clearly not on the study guide
>mfw
mike.jpg

D

Deleted member

Apparently my sister got yelled at because she didn't go to her college class that she goes to during the later hours of the school day, despite the fact she had permission to not do so from someone at the school.

She's a freshman, just to avoid confusion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok. As much as I wouldn’t like it, but if we did get a SwSh mon in Ultimate, what stage would they come with?

Also, do you think the starters Gigantimax forms have been revealed for long enough that it could be one of their final smashes?
They would probably gmax. As for the stage it would probably be wild area or Wyndon.

Slumbering Wield would be really cool though.
If it's a base game Pokemon, probably the Wyndon Stadium. If it's Urshifu, probably some nonspecific part of the Isle of Armor.
They could give us the dojo if it’s Urshifu.

Bonus points if it’s called smash dojo

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok. As much as I wouldn’t like it,
You don’t have to remind us

but if we did get a SwSh mon in Ultimate, what stage would they come with?
The wild area could be a cool, dynamic stage. Or maybe one of the stadiums, to play up the game’s “tournament theme”. Or if the fighter is a dlc Pokemon, one of the dlc areas.

Also, do you think the starters Gigantimax forms have been revealed for long enough that it could be one of their final smashes?
Depends. If the Pokémon dlc was decided around the same time or before FP2 was decided, then it’s definitely possible.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends. If the Pokémon dlc was decided around the same time or before FP2 was decided, then it’s definitely possible.
Also, all Sakurai would really need is a picture of the thing to make it happen.... I never got a Gmax mon in SwSh, do they have unique moves or do they just use the normal max moves?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would buy Animal Crossing but I don't see myself playing it every day actively to keep up with the town, I'll do what I've always done for the game and forget about it after a week of playing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You don’t have to remind us
ok. That’s not entirely true. I would love a playable Hatterene or Alcremie. But that’s never gonna happen.
The wild area could be a cool, dynamic stage. Or maybe one of the stadiums, to play up the game’s “tournament theme”. Or if the fighter is a dlc Pokemon, one of the dlc areas.
Get ready for all the “looks better in Smash then it does in Sword and Shield” comments you could ever ask for.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just thought of something. If by some miracle there ever was a Super Smash Bros x PlayStation All-Stars game, you know people would demand GameCube Controller support on both platform versions. Meaning we would probably get a GameCube Controller layout but with the PlayStation labels and buttons. I want that hypothetical controller.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Meaning we would probably get a GameCube Controller layout but with the PlayStation labels and buttons. I want that hypothetical controller.
the square button would not look very good on the funky X/Y label

also you could just get a regular gamecube controller

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, all Sakurai would really need is a picture of the thing to make it happen.... I never got a Gmax mon in SwSh, do they have unique moves or do they just use the normal max moves?
Each Gigantamax has a unique move. They look similar to the move it’s based on, but they have different effects. Grimmsnarl’s puts Pokémon to sleep, Charizard’s traps them in fire spin, Toxtricity’s paralyzes or poisons, etc.
Get ready for all the “looks better in Smash then it does in Sword and Shield” comments you could ever ask for.
i’ve been ready for months

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bets on this website don't usually end well.

I've seen people get stuck with avatars of Dora,Barney, ugly obscure puppet characters I don't even know the names of, and worse for weeks to a full month before.

Hence why I don't bet. :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Each Gigantamax has a unique move. They look similar to the move it’s based on, but they have different effects. Grimmsnarl’s puts Pokémon to sleep, Charizard’s traps them in fire spin, Toxtricity’s paralyzes or poisons, etc.

i’ve been ready for months
So Sakurai could still probably get away with giving Gmax Traitor Max Overgrowth and not cause too many problems, am I reading you right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So Sakurai could still probably get away with giving Gmax Traitor Max Overgrowth and not cause too many problems, am I reading you right?
Well, all moves of that type become the G-Max move. So G-Charizard can’t use normal Max Flare, only G-Max Wildfire. The same would apply to Rillaboom. But they’d look very similar and it’s unlikely the side effects would be in Smash too. All Sakurai would have to do is change the name and he could get away with it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, all moves of that type become the G-Max move. So G-Charizard can’t use normal Max Flare, only G-Max Wildfire. The same would apply to Rillaboom. But they’d look very similar and it’s unlikely the side effects would be in Smash too. All Sakurai would have to do is change the name and he could get away with it.
You’re right. Especially for a final Smash. Status effects may be a thing that happens sometimes in Smash, but especially in Ultimate I can’t think of one in a Final Smash.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My brother really, really likes to camp.
My solution is to have a "friendlies" ruleset where items are on, but only Food.
Minimal impact on play, but gives an incentive to get the heck out of your hidey hole on larger/less orthodox stages.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Using a controller without the symbols on a PlayStation whatever would be really friggin weird man.
There are ways to use GC-type controllers on PS consoles. Most of them involving the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter. (Seriously, I cant recommend that thing enough.)
I can't help you with the button symbols, though, but I think there are places where you can order custom ones.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not gonna bet on a direct happening this week, cuz last month I’d have bet my life a direct would happen then. I’d be dead now.

However, I do really think it’ll happen in the next few weeks. Of course I could be wrong, but we’ll see.

D

Deleted member

Watching a LP of Sonic Adventure 1 and I completely forgot just how menacing Eggman sounds in this game, especially at the end of Tails' story.

D

Deleted member

I’m not gonna bet on a direct happening this week, cuz last month I’d have bet my life a direct would happen then. I’d be dead now.

However, I do really think it’ll happen in the next few weeks. Of course I could be wrong, but we’ll see.
Well first of all, never bet your life gambling. Second, yeah. A direct this month seems likely.

D

Deleted member

I have a ****ing headache that won't go away and I can barely think ahahghadsghasgh

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Wild Area would probably be the stage, considering it was one of Galar's main new features. A bunch of Pokémon would have opportunities to cameo, and maybe even attack. And the weather and terrain would sometimes change.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
the square button would not look very good on the funky X/Y label

also you could just get a regular gamecube controller
I don't think this situation would ever actually happen, but they could easily just scale the square down.

Or more likely (but still wouldn't happen), the game would just recognize what controller is being used and the controller would keep the original labels.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think this situation would ever actually happen, but they could easily just scale the square down.

Or more likely (but still wouldn't happen), the game would just recognize what controller is being used and the controller would keep the original labels.
I know. I started it out by saying it would be a miracle if such a game existed. Even if I really want it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom