• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alot of trailer I seen for the FF7 Remake make it look like Cloud is a asshole, which from what I heard, is normal at the start of the game.

Did they change that in the demo or somethin'?
He is still an ass.

But with the voice acting he doesn't sound like an ass but rather an emo kid who just got his baseball bat confiscated by their parents.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I played the original FF7 just a month ago, and TBH everything I've seen from the characters has them completely on point with the original. Barret always had a Mr. T vibe and Cloud is a bit of an apathetic jerk in the beginning.

I mean, to each their own, but I don't see what the problem is. Remake seems pretty faithful to me.
Tbf I've seen people hope Barret would be less of a stereotypical angry black guy in the remake and the private demo discussion from GameXplain says he's still very much exaggeted

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He is still an ass.

But with the voice acting he doesn't sound like an ass but rather an emo kid who just got his baseball bat confiscated by their parents.
I just saw a clip on twitter and heard cloud talk and Ill have to respecfully say he doesnt sound like that at all from what I heard

D

Deleted member

The freaking characters and tone.

It all takes too much from Advent Children. From Emo Cloud to the overreacting Barret.

The demo missed the point of the original at many points.

And the leaks are making me even more dissapointed
I've played the opening section of FF 7 and that sounds on point with what I know. Cloud is a distant jerk to anyone but maybe Tifa, and Barret is Mr T. I repeat, Barret is Mr T.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tbf I've seen people hope Barret would be less of a stereotypical angry black guy in the remake and the private demo discussion from GameXplain says he's still very much exaggeted
Isn't that just his personality from the original, though? I thought people liked Barret in the original, so I figured people would be happy about how faithful they stayed. I thought people hated it when remakes did big character changes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He is still an ass.

Hmmmmm

Think I need to look up how the VA sound in the demo before giving my opinion, but from what I heard from the trailer, I didn't remember him sounding emo, maybe a bit quiet, but not the level "we all live in darkness inside darkness" of emo kid.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Every franchise in the game gets three new characters. Who do you pick?
I'll skip over the retro franchises (Duck Hunt, Ice Climber, Game & Watch) and Wii Fit since there don't seem to be many, if any, options there. I also won't include Miis, because it would quickly feel repetitive. For the retro series and Wii Fit, all I can come up with are Professor Hector from one of the games that ROB works with and a Wii Fit Balance Board, which aren't really inspiring choices.

Nintendo franchises:
Mario: Geno, Waluigi, Captain Toad (if Geno doesn't count due to being owned by Square-Enix, then Fawful)

Donkey Kong: Dixie, Cranky, Funky

Zelda: Midna, Skull Kid, Impa

Metroid: Sylux, Rundas, Zeta Metroid

Yoshi: Kamek, Baby Bros., Baby Bowser

Kirby: Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dark Matter (his swordsman form from Dream Land 2), Adeline and Ribbon (not sure about including Marx since he's a boss)

Star Fox: Krystal, Peppy, Andross (based on his model from Star Fox Zero, which gives him a body)

Pokemon: Genesect, Rillaboom, Mimikyu (not overly familiar with Pokemon beyond Gen 3, so there are probably better choices)

Earthbound: Giygas (Mother 1), Porky (Earthbound), Masked Man

F-Zero: Black Shadow, Jody Summer, Zoda

Fire Emblem: Edelgard, Ryoma, Tiki (to be honest, not overly familiar with Fire Emblem outside of a handful of games)

Kid Icarus: Medusa, Hades, Phosphora

Wario: Captain Syrup, 9 Volt, Jimmy T.

Pikmin: Alph (as his own character), Louie, Plasm Wraith

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook, Tortimer, Mr. Resetti

Punch-Out: Doc Louis, Mr. Sandman, Glass Joe

Xenoblade: Elma, Rex/Pyra/Mythra, Fiora

Splatoon: Octoling/Agent 8, Squid Sisters, DJ Octavio

Third party:
Metal Gear: Raiden, Big Boss, Senator Armstrong

Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, Eggman

Mega Man: Zero, Tron Bonne, Sigma

Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, Taizo Hori/Dig Dug

Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Akuma, M. Bison

Final Fantasy: Terra, Sephiroth, Zidane

Bayonetta: Jeanne, Rodin, Balder

Castlevania: Alucard, Soma Cruz, Shanoa

Persona: Makoto, Persona 4 protagonist, Mitsuru (Persona 3) (I'll be honest, I've only played Persona 5 for this series - I picked Mitsuru over the Persona 3 protagonist because she appeared in the Persona 4 fighting game when the P3 protagonist didn't, so I take it that the P3 protagonist isn't too popular)

Dragon Quest: Terry (Dragon Warrior Monsters), Dragon Lord, Jessica (Dragon Quest 8)

Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo, Gruntilda, Klungo

Fatal Fury/The King of Fighters: Rugal, Geese, Mai (if they can't find a way to change Mai's design and still fit the rating, then Nakoruru)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Isn't that just his personality from the original, though? I thought people liked Barret in the original, so I figured people would be happy about how faithful they stayed. I thought people hated it when remakes did big character changes.
That's true, but again, Barret's very stereotypical so some are disappointed he doesn't seem to be less outdated, FF7 in general had multiple things that were ok 20 years ago but aren't now, including Tifa yelling slurs

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All the FF7 remake to nail Aerith personality down is her threatening to rip off a mafia boss's [REDACTED] off.

Pure girl she ain't.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's true, but again, Barret's very stereotypical so some are disappointed he doesn't seem to be less outdated, FF7 in general had multiple things that were ok 20 years ago but aren't now, including Tifa yelling slurs
You know if they had changed any of that people would be shouting “SJW Censorship!” And there would be a whole thing. I agree with you that it should have been altered, but I’m not gonna pretend I’m not relieved to not have to suffer through ANOTHER red scare.

D

Deleted member

Tifa telled slurs?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since Final Fantasy is the current discussion as of now. If the series were to get another rep who do you think is the most likely?

I feel it'd come down to Sephiroth or Terra.

D

Deleted member

Since Final Fantasy is the current discussion as of now. If the series were to get another rep who do you think is the most likely?

I feel it'd come down to Sephiroth or Terra.
I'd prefer another game from the series. Terra would be sick from what I saw on SGB. She's more magic based and she can turn into a monster.

In the stairs section she got sick of everyone's **** and yelled the R slur iirc
Oh okay. I looked up the context and that's not as bad as I was expecting. I was thinking, like, white supremacist Tifa and was about to change my entire outlook on her.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh okay. I looked up the context and that's not as bad as I was expecting. I was thinking, like, white supremacist Tifa and was about to change my entire outlook on her.
"SHOCKING NEWS: Tifa in the FF7:R Say The N-Word, Nintendo is sweating"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona: Makoto, Persona 4 protagonist, Mitsuru (Persona 3) (I'll be honest, I've only played Persona 5 for this series - I picked Mitsuru over the Persona 3 protagonist because she appeared in the Persona 4 fighting game when the P3 protagonist didn't, so I take it that the P3 protagonist isn't too popular)
Actually, all Persona 3 protagonists still rank very high on popularity pools. P3 Hero wasn't in Arena games due to story reasons.

Mitsuru is a good choice, but Aigis might be a better choice. She's a robot girl with finger guns and all kinds of firearms along with her Persona using a shield and spear. Plus, she's popular/plot-relevant enough to star as the protagonist of P3 FES's playable epilogue, The Answer (or Episode Aegis in Japan).

D

Deleted member

That implies people are smart enough to recognize bad guys, 3H proves that nobody on this planet can read morality
Three Houses is also way more ambiguous and way more waifu based. FF 7 has a predetermined set of heroes and anybody who attacks them are bad until proven good.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Normally I would showcase some art I traced/drew here, but we have a thread for that now. And it just so happens it's dead atm. Sad feelings.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Every franchise in the game gets three new characters. Who do you pick?
Super late, wanna do this anyway.

Mario:
Waluigi
E. Gadd
Geno

Donkey Kong:
Dixie
Cranky
Lanky

Zelda:
Midna
Tetra
Hilda

Metroid:
Sylux
Kraid
Space Pirate

Yoshi:
Kamek
Poochy
Shy Guy

Kirby:
Bandana Dee
Prince Fluff
Rick

Star Fox:
Slippy
Peppy
Leon

Pokemon:
Kabutops
Feraligatr
Sylveon

F-Zero:
Black Shadow
Octoman
Mighty Gazelle

Earthbound/Mother:
Ninten
Porky
Kumatora

Retro/hardware characters (Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Miis):
Excitebiker
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Monita

Fire Emblem:
Edelgard
Celica
Tharja or Cordelia

Kid Icarus:
Medusa
Viridi
Reaper

Wario:
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Jimmy T

Metal Gear:
Raiden
Big Boss
Revolver Ocelot

Sonic:
Eggman
Tails
Blaze

Pikmin:
I don't know enough about the series

Animal Crossing:
Tom Nook
KK Slider
Resetti

Mega Man:
Roll
Gutsman
Megaman Volnutt

Punch-Out:
King Hippo
Glass Joe
Doc Louis

Pac-Man/Namco Classics:
Ms. Pac-Man
Dig Dug
Mappy

Xenoblade:
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Fiora

Street Fighter:
Chun-Li
M. Bison
Cammy

Final Fantasy:
Tifa
Noctis
Lightning

Bayonetta:
Jeanne
Loki
Baldur

Splatoon:
Octoling
Squid Sisters
Sheldon

Castlevania:
Alucard
Sypha
Shanoa

Persona:

Dragon Quest:

Banjo-Kazooie/Rare
Mumbo
Grunty
Conker

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters:

I specifically avoided picking characters who already had major roles in the game, such as bosses and assist trophies. With 3 exceptions: Waluigi, Midna and Alucard, because in my opinion those 3 are the best possible choices for their series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They're the Turks, so bad. Cid is a party member but he's an abusive spouse. It says something that TFS' take on their relationship was better than the original, TFS turned Aerith into a ditzy yandere
Man Midgar is ****ed up. I need to play this game.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
All the FF7 remake to nail Aerith personality down is her threatening to rip off a mafia boss's [REDACTED] off.

Pure girl she ain't.
As someone who only had the spinoff media to go off of for her before playing FF7, it was funny to get to that arc and see that scene. She may look pure, but she definitely has lived on the streets.

D

Deleted member

Cid's not in Midgar, go breeze through the Switch version, there's X3 speed and god mode cheats if you purely want to see the characters and story
Gotta finish Dragon Quest first before I marathon Final Fantasy. (I'm close too. Just gotta do 8 and 11's postgames.) I'm really looking forward to FF 7 though. Feels like everyday I hear about it, it gets better.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As someone who only had the spinoff media to go off of for her before playing FF7, it was funny to get to that arc and see that scene. She may look pure, but she definitely has lived on the streets.
Yeah, when you look back at the OG FF7 & everything that released afterward, you realize that the characters were flanderized quit alot. Cloud being made much more "emo" in general, Sepiroth being completely obsess with Cloud & Aerith being a perfect pure girl and what have you to throw a few exemples.

The Remake truly is the best chance to have those character back to their routes, which if the trailer & Max reactions to them are anything go by, seem to be heading in the right direction, buuuut it's too soon to tell of course.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got around 6 mil in cash in Pokemon. Decides to stock up on energy drinks for future Pokemon.

Still looking for that Grookey.

Edit: found it in a lucky trade on Home.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I decided to tell on the WhatssApp group of my chinese classes that I wouldn’t go today due to personal reasons.

Normally I’d be able to keep myself up and have enough strength to go there...

...But today I’m just too mentally, phisically and emotionally drained that I just don’t see myself doing any good by going today seeing how I am already scaring the people both at this site and Forest Maze.

Hopefully I manage to catch up with the classes during the next days.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished reading the Samurai Jack: Lost World comic. Very enjoyable.

Now I feel like ranking all the comics from my most favorite to least:
  1. Tale of the Wandering Warrior (2013-2015, 20 issues)
  2. Lost Worlds (2019, 4 issues)
  3. Quantum Jack (2017, 5 issues)
  4. Classics (2013-2014, 2 volumes)

D

Deleted member

My father just took out my phone since he claims I’m a lazy ass (which is false but I’ll let him roll with it due to a lack of energy to fight back) and now I basically lost all contact with my IRL friends.

****ing great.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
No I can’t.

It would make everything worse.

And explaining why is another whole can of worms I don’t want to open.
I really do think you should look into calling child protective services or whatever the equivalent is, from everything you've said it sounds like you're living in an unsafe household.

D

Deleted member

I really do think you should look into calling child protective services or whatever the equivalent is, from everything you've said it sounds like you're living in an unsafe household.
Calling any of those services won’t help me in any form.

Believe me, I’ve considered it in the past and it just won’t work with my circumstances.

And I honestly feel I’m doing a lot of harm by keeping this whole topic around Discord and Smashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom