• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh wow, this is really helpful advice. Thank you so much! I agree with pretty much everything you wrote here: Picking a character that just feels right enhances the game so much and helps you to appreciate it even more.

I'm actually in the same boat with Cloud: I've been having a ton of fun with this character recently! Especially after the recent buffs, he feels really nice in Ultimate. Peach is another character that's been surprising me lately too: She has so much she can do, it's nuts. It's also not really that hard to go from playing Inkling to Peach for me, I wonder why that is?
Just depends on chemistry haha.
With me, characters like Ness, Cloud, Bayonetta, Bowser, Young Link, etc.... they all feel natural to me. I can beat level 9s with them and hold my own against tournament level players, especially with Ness since he's my guy. :ultness:

But, then we have the opposite with characters like Snake :ultsnake:. I can't even beat level 7 CPUs with him, and I can barely beat level 6 CPUs with Snake. I have NOOOOO chemistry with Snake at all lol. Having stage control and playing super slow is very not me, and his weird moveset doesn't jive with me well at all.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just depends on chemistry haha.
With me, characters like Ness, Cloud, Bayonetta, Bowser, Young Link, etc.... they all feel natural to me. I can beat level 9s with them and hold my own against tournament level players, especially with Ness since he's my guy. :ultness:

But, then we have the opposite with characters like Snake :ultsnake:. I can't even beat level 7 CPUs with him, and I can barely beat level 6 CPUs with Snake. I have NOOOOO chemistry with Snake at all lol. Having stage control and playing super slow is very not me, and his weird moveset doesn't jive with me well at all.
I can beat level 9's with :ultinkling: kiiiiind of okay. I have yet to test my :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus: against 'em though. I kind of prefer to use 7's and 8's when fight the CPU, though, as I feel level 9's get a bit more perfect shields and dodges than a normal player would. Other characters I feel click with me with are :ultmiifighters:, :ultkirby:, :ultridley:,:ultpikachu:,:ultkingdedede:, :ultganondorf:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultluigi:, :ultwario:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. Byleth is still a bit tricky for me, as it kind of depends on the CPU AI: Characters like :ult_terry: really mess me up (Heck, Terry messes up even my Inkling no matter what level he is. His AI's got no chill and pulls some pretty tilting stuff, lol). I enjoy playing :ultisabelle: but can never quite get her set-ups right.

I feel my worst character is probably :ultwolf:. He just feels...Off, to me. Like, I just don't know what to do with him whenever playing him. I'm also pretty bad with :ultsheik: and :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Beating level 9s isn't too much of a problem for me when I'm pulling from the pool of characters that I consistently use.

Elite Smash is where I get my **** kicked in.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Question: If nintendo has actually been able to use popeye and didn’t have to create Mario and Donkey Kong, would Popeye characters be in Smash today?
Perhaps. Or perhaps without their beloved mascots DK and Jumpman to help solidify their brand, there'd be a bit of a butterfly effect that make Nintendo something entirely different then it is today.

Heck in that timeline the game couldn't even be called Super Smash Bros, since that name is derived from Super Mario Bros.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Perhaps. Or perhaps without their beloved mascots DK and Jumpman to help solidify their brand, there'd be a bit of a butterfly effect that make Nintendo something entirely different then it is today.

Heck in that timeline the game couldn't even be called Super Smash Bros, since that name is derived from Super Mario Bros.
Popeye the Smasher Man.....

The Smasher Men.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I can beat level 9's with :ultinkling: kiiiiind of okay. I have yet to test my :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus: against 'em though. I kind of prefer to use 7's and 8's when fight the CPU, though, as I feel level 9's get a bit more perfect shields and dodges than a normal player would. Other characters I feel click with me with are :ultmiifighters:, :ultkirby:, :ultridley:,:ultpikachu:,:ultkingdedede:, :ultganondorf:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultluigi:, :ultwario:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. Byleth is still a bit tricky for me, as it kind of depends on the CPU AI: Characters like :ult_terry: really mess me up (Heck, Terry messes up even my Inkling no matter what level he is. His AI's got no chill and pulls some pretty tilting stuff, lol). I enjoy playing :ultisabelle: but can never quite get her set-ups right.

I feel my worst character is probably :ultwolf:. He just feels...Off, to me. Like, I just don't know what to do with him whenever playing him. I'm also pretty bad with :ultsheik: and :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:.
This is very true, level 9 perfect shielding is inhuman and annoying.
But it'll be helpful for dealing with BS which is why I started playing against level 9s lol.
7s feel easy in comparison. 8 is the "medium" difficulty.
6 and under is a nah in general for me.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I bet in that reality Nintendo never had any need for original IPs and that world's version of Smash, rather than being "Nintendo's All-Stars," it's a crossover of all of the most popular characters across all media.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bill & Ted Face the Music was moved up a week from its original release date. Nice that way I can watch it on that week then The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard on the next.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Ah we are discussing gaming what ifs now?

What if Nintendo bought Sega? I remember when people talking about that like ten years ago for fun.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but after seeing more of them in action and seeing other renders that really bring out their qualities, I gotta say that I don't have a hatred for Gen 8's Pokémon designs at all.

I definitely disagree with people who say the Gen 8 Legendaries look stupid/uninspired/bland. Zacian and Zamazenta are a genuinely cool idea. They have clear motifs that they were going for with their designs, and I feel like calling them "Just sword doggo and shield doggo" is just as disingenuous as stating Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are "just fire, ice, and electric doggos" or "clearly just another attempt at Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos". Like, you can make rather basic "critiques" for a LOT of pokémon designs and it's not just limited to Generation 8.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ah we are discussing gaming what ifs now?

What if Nintendo bought Sega? I remember when people talking about that like ten years ago for fun.
Considering how Nintendo treats its subsidiaries, not much would change except SEGA would have more time and money to put into its titles. And we’d probably have a few more SEGA characters in Smash.

I posted this what if a while ago about Rare. Take a look.

Hypothetically.

If Nintendo had bought Rare and not Microsoft.

Banjo-Kazooie and Joanna Dark would have made it into Melee.

Cooper Chance and Kameo would have been added in Brawl

Smash4 would have given us Rash, Conker, and Fullgore

Ultimate fighter 3 would have been cheif or steve.

Also, a Diddy Kong Racing stage would have made it in Melee, and an Isle O’Hags stage in brawl. In addition to home stages for each of those Rareware universes. Various trophies and spirits of other Rare characters would have made it in. Notabley, a Sabreman assist trophy. Rash would have been an Assist in Brawl before being upgraded in Smash4.

D

Deleted member

I haven't been able to get any recording done today because I was distracted so much ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm so close, yet so far.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Great Value Hau lmao

As much as I didn't like how she'd get Rule 34'd, I actually do like Professor Sonia. She ain't no badass out fighting but she's an invaluable asset either way.

Her theme is also a bop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom