• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Have you ever wanted to see Hugh from Jimmy Neutron have a Pokemon battle with a girl version of himself?

No? Well, here it is anyways.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

About to see the Sonic movie.

Hopefully Jim Carrey delivers as he tends to do.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Have you ever wanted to see Hugh from Jimmy Neutron have a Pokemon battle with a girl version of himself?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
What on this good green earth did I just witness, and why did I find it more enjoyable than the actual Pokemon anime?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Here's my current Smash Ultimate depth chart based on historic use in the tournaments I attend in my new region. Was interesting to think about:

1581965395360.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Is this a prequel to this Hugh Neutron?
HughneutronJNHFHH.png

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Bfbb rehydrated just got it's esrb rating(e10) and it's gonna be at pax east next week! Seems like the game is pretty close to release(or at least a release date lol)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Morning for me in the good old Down Under.
"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?"

I mean technically we all come from a land down under if you know what I'm saying.
I'll see myself out.

D

Deleted member

It finally got here yeahhhhhh

The Booster boxes are way smaller than I thought dou
unnamed (2).jpg

MooMew64

Man, I just can't nail down how I feel about Joker in Smash Bros., lol. Sometimes I just feel like he doesn't mesh well with my play style and because of that I wouldn't put him in my top 5, but then there are times where I don't care if I'm bad with him, I love that he's here and that I can play as him.

Maybe I just gotta work with him until things just click, IDK. :drshrug:

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just learned my school is offering to let some of us skip finals this year and I qualify yeet yeet

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
New avatar time!
I wish that I could say the same but I'm stuck with this one for a month...

Man, I just can't nail down how I feel about Joker in Smash Bros., lol. Sometimes I just feel like he doesn't mesh well with my play style and because of that I wouldn't put him in my top 5, but then there are times where I don't care if I'm bad with him, I love that he's here and that I can play as him.

I definitely see where you're coming from since my Joker also needs a ton of work, but I still really enjoy his inclusion and I'll continue to play him regardless of my skill level.

Hell, I suck ass with every single one of my favorite characters with the exceptions of Shulk and Byleth...maybe. I'm still trying to work things out with the latter, TBH.

MooMew64

I definitely see where you're coming from since my Joker also needs a ton of work, but I still really enjoy his inclusion and I'll continue to play him regardless of my skill level.

Hell, I suck ass with every single one of my favorite characters with the exceptions of Shulk and Byleth...maybe. I'm still trying to work things out with the latter, TBH.
I feel like my Inkling and Samus are probably my best. However, even with them, I'm definitely not what I'd consider "good" personally, just kinda average, lol.

Also yeah, Byleth took a while to understand. They rely heavily on reads and spacing, I feel. I still gotta get my brother to play a few matches with me soon so I can test my Byleth against a real person (I have fun playing against the CPU but they're awful for practice).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I wish that I could say the same but I'm stuck with this one for a month...

I feel that. M MooMew64 too
What I have been doing right now is just going through every single member of the cast and checking performance with each character, whether it's against CPUs or human players. If you find a character that feels "natural" and do well with, then playing them more and seeing if you still like them. If you end up performing relatively well with them, or at least enjoying their character, then not only will you come to appreciate their inclusion in the game more, but you'll also 1.) have more fun with the game in general, and 2.) your performance will likely improve, even if it's a little bit, with a character that you love to play and just naturally meshes your playstyle.

With me, Ness is my boi. I love playing him and he fits my all-around playstyle: got some good combos, good mix-ups, and good KO moves. He's balanced and has a little bit of everything, and that fits me well because it doesn't restrict me to one format of play and it makes the game more fun for me. It's similar with me and discovering that I *really* enjoy playing Cloud in Ultimate half a week ago, despite HATING Cloud in Smash 4 and having a bad history with him before this month.

Mario's the opposite. I flippin' love his character; childhood favorite video game character and I used him all the time in Smash 4. But in Ultimate? TBH my Mario's not as good as what I would expect in Ultimate, because he's more rushdown/combo-heavy than ever before, and to be honest that just doesn't fit my playstyle. He has amazing combos in 4, but you can afford to play more "all-around" in 4 and control the pace of the game more frequently. But with Ultimate, if you're playing bait and punish Mario or any other kind of Mario other than rushdown/combo-heavy, you're doing it wrong. It's why he's been relegated to being a counterpick character at most; normally a "friendlies only" character.

Just pick who you have natural chemistry with, and you'll appreciate the game more in many ways.

MooMew64

I feel that. M MooMew64 too
What I have been doing right now is just going through every single member of the cast and checking performance with each character, whether it's against CPUs or human players. If you find a character that feels "natural" and do well with, then playing them more and seeing if you still like them. If you end up performing relatively well with them, or at least enjoying their character, then not only will you come to appreciate their inclusion in the game more, but you'll also 1.) have more fun with the game in general, and 2.) your performance will likely improve, even if it's a little bit, with a character that you love to play and just naturally meshes your playstyle.

With me, Ness is my boi. I love playing him and he fits my all-around playstyle: got some good combos, good mix-ups, and good KO moves. He's balanced and has a little bit of everything, and that fits me well because it doesn't restrict me to one format of play and it makes the game more fun for me. It's similar with me and discovering that I *really* enjoy playing Cloud in Ultimate half a week ago, despite HATING Cloud in Smash 4 and having a bad history with him before this month.

Mario's the opposite. I flippin' love his character; childhood favorite video game character and I used him all the time in Smash 4. But in Ultimate? TBH my Mario's not as good as what I would expect in Ultimate, because he's more rushdown/combo-heavy than ever before, and to be honest that just doesn't fit my playstyle. He has amazing combos in 4, but you can afford to play more "all-around" in 4 and control the pace of the game more frequently. But with Ultimate, if you're playing bait and punish Mario or any other kind of Mario other than rushdown/combo-heavy, you're doing it wrong. It's why he's been relegated to being a counterpick character at most; normally a "friendlies only" character.

Just pick who you have natural chemistry with, and you'll appreciate the game more in many ways.
Oh wow, this is really helpful advice. Thank you so much! I agree with pretty much everything you wrote here: Picking a character that just feels right enhances the game so much and helps you to appreciate it even more.

I'm actually in the same boat with Cloud: I've been having a ton of fun with this character recently! Especially after the recent buffs, he feels really nice in Ultimate. Peach is another character that's been surprising me lately too: She has so much she can do, it's nuts. It's also not really that hard to go from playing Inkling to Peach for me, I wonder why that is?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

It’s quite the opposite for me. I’m naturally good at Joker, and naturally horrible at everyone but Joker.

MooMew64

It’s quite the opposite for me. I’m naturally good at Joker, and naturally horrible at everyone but Joker.
I can feel this way with Inkling and Samus, ha ha. Even my old mains Wario and Luigi don't always feel like they quite match up to my Inkling and Samus now. TBH, I kind of regret waiting until Ultimate to play Samus more, especially when I always did pretty okay with her in all the old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom