• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
My Gamecube decided that memory card needed re-formatting. Luckily I backed most of it up on like 2 other cards.

Anyways, I played Mega Man X again on the Gamecube as a Birthday thing. I got through most of it without much trouble. But mostly screwed up Launch Octopus and Sting Chameleon's stages. So I can tell I'm rusty. But I got all 8 Mavericks beaten and all the items, I'll do the Sigma stages a bit later, like I usually do.

I also want to try unlocking Thanos in MUA3, but that'll take a minute.
I don't know if this would work for you, but back when I played my Gamecube regularly, any time it said my card was corrupted I would immediately pull it out, wait a bit, then plug it back in and it would be fine.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know if this would work for you, but back when I played my Gamecube regularly, any time it said my card was corrupted I would immediately pull it out, wait a bit, then plug it back in and it would be fine.
Ah yes, the classic tech solution. Up there with turning it off and on again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No offence to you SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 but your switchy-switchy moodiness is confusing for some unknown reason.
You go off on rants and then you reply to something more mundane like you're like back on somber mode.

Don't know why but any reason why you're like that sometimes? I'm curious. Not provokin ya.
When I’m down, I’m always down. I try to respond to things in a positive way to stop being down, like trying to cheer yourself up by smiling. But it doesn’t always work and sometimes I break out of it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I had done that too. Though formatting it worked fine. Like I said, I at least backed most of it up on another card, in case **** like this ever happened.

It probably had to do with my GC's calendar settings needing changes. Probably cause of the change to a new decade, but I dunno. The situation's fixed for now.

D

Deleted member

I've decided to get all Spirits in Smash, got 65 left, that being said I've been buttonmashing a lot after beating a Spirit and winning the minigame, I'm goddamn Lucky Luke with this bull****
Holy **** Gwen how the Hell do you got the patience for that?

E: I realize I'm the guy who marathoned all of the mainline Dragon Quest games and all of their grinding, but still. Good lord. 100% spirits is a feat of patience and consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Did you quote the wrong person?
No.

I mean, if you don't know the reasons why, I guess it could be confusing.

Vanguard was rebooted because the cluster**** of lore and...other things just collapsed on top itself. I dunno if that counts exactly.

I don't remember off the top of my head about the others thou.

GhostM

Phantom
If it works it works. It was a third party memory card though, maybe it had a weird fault?
The only third party memory card that I can remember off the top of my head were the Mad Catz memory cards, although I’ve never owned one myself. Usually just stuck with the original memory card, as I still have it safe plugged into my Wii to this day.

D

Deleted member

Nani da ****, this is an actual thing now?

M Y D R E A M S H A V E C O M E T R U E /s

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
No.

I mean, if you don't know the reasons why, I guess it could be confusing.

Vanguard was rebooted because the cluster**** of lore and...other things just collapsed on top itself. I dunno if that counts exactly.

I don't remember off the top of my head about the others thou.
My list was long film franchises that didn't get rebooted (or at least didn't get rebooted until after they had passed 3 movies).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got like 40 something Spirits left to get. I'm mostly trying to get duplicates a couple to level up/summon certain ones.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I got all but two spirits but that was like two months ago and I’ve barely touched smash since then so I’m definitely missing a ton now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

E: I realize I'm the guy who marathoned all of the mainline Dragon Quest games and all of their grinding, but still. Good lord. 100% spirits is a feat of patience and consistency.
You know what else I did? I tracked down the ONE Spirit I was missing from World of Light. ****** wasn't even in a subarea, now I have a burning hatred for Animal Crossing as it was a Lloyd spirit

D

Deleted member

You know what else I did? I tracked down the ONE Spirit I was missing from World of Light. ****** wasn't even in a subarea, now I have a burning hatred for Animal Crossing as it was a Lloyd spirit
You should have just let Lloyd die imo. Back in Subspace Emissary where you gotta rescue all the fighters in the end, I completely forgot about Ike as his rotting carcass laid underneath a bunch of stairs in a black hole. He's probably still there. Good times.

D

Deleted member

I'm just sitting here, waiting. Patiently, for tommorow, so my ****ing amazon package gets here finally.

Hoping to build a semi-budget Aqua Force Deck(no Maelstrom at all, that boi expensive) with the only pricey card being the Draw PG. Because you basically need that card in any deck you play.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol I just don't have the patience for all Spirits. I also didn't have the patience for 900 Korok Seeds.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I did it, it got a bit irritating when I was down to the last 100, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've narrowed the list of Pokemon that I'm considering making a moveset to 5. I'm going for a Pokemon that don't get very much Smash attention, hence the odd choices

-Mr. Rime
-Perrserker
-Grimmsnarl
-Cramourant
-Electric Regi from the Expansion Pass trailer

Does anyone have a preference of the 5?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've narrowed the list of Pokemon that I'm considering making a moveset to 5. I'm going for a Pokemon that don't get very much Smash attention, hence the odd choices

-Mr. Rime
-Perrserker
-Grimmsnarl
-Cramourant

Grimmsnarl is easily my favorite from the list.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

-Mr. Rime
-Perrserker
-Grimmsnarl
-Cramourant

I’m working on ideas for Grimmsnarl for my own Pokémon Smash style fighter, so I wouldn’t mind helping with him.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Maybe I was a Kirby-human hybrid all along.... (The Mamboo07 lore is deep.)
xD I think Kirby's expression in your avatar pretty much mirrors mine when I read your post and imagined how that might look like...

D

Deleted member

Guys Lancer has fallen down the stairs oh **** we need to help him
View attachment 262655
A MAN HAS FALLEN ONTO THE STAIRS IN PIXEL CITY!

START THE NEW RESCUE HELICOPTER!

HEY!

Draw the new Pixel Rescue Helicopter!
1581899135991.png

And off to the rescue!

Lower the lifeline, deploy the stretcher, and make the rescue!
The new emergency collection from Pixel City!

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s funny how before the movie (as far as I know) Sonic never actually spoke the line most attributed to him. “Gotta Go Fast!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom