• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Right now I'm trying to play a few smaller titles before Mystery Dungeon comes out. Gonna try to go back and finish Spyro 1 on Reignited Trilogy and King Knight.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Collected the info I need to know what's left for me to collect the remaining 19 Spirits in Smash Ultimate:
  • 32,100 SP coins (I have 0 right now)
  • Ayumi Tachibana Spirit
  • Octorok Spirit
  • T-Rex Spirit
There MIGHT be more Spirits I need to use for summoning but I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just bought the Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection on Switch thanks to the money I got from my birthday, just gotta wait February 25 to play it. I'm looking forward to finally finishing Zero 4 & try out ZX & ZX Advent.

On a less positive note, my holiday are over & work restart tomorrow...
batman cry.gif

It's hard to let it go....no, not the Frozen one, the Sonic the Fighter one.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m on the fifth and final season of Teen Titans. And honestly I still don’t really see it. The show is good but it’s not amazing or anything. I don’t get what all the fuss was about.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Going to my church group for the first time today. Hoping it goes well considering the last few bible studies I tried were uh...interesting..

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Sonic movie was really fun, if a little generic. I’m honestly surprised it wasn’t a train wreck, would it have been just as good with the trash design? Jim Carrey Eggman was top tier tho.

With Pokémon and Sonic doing good it seems video game movies that aren’t trash is the new hotness. Wonder if Mario will continue the trend?

After watching this I’ve kinda realized I like, unironically love Sonic. Not just for the memes.

Gotta get my hands on the genesis trilogy...

That sequel better take place on Sonic’s world. We already saw Tails, I want Knuckles, I want Amy, I want the goddamn Chaotix. Screw James Marsden, take me to Mobius. Gimme the chaos emeralds

What the ever loving frick did pre-redesign Tails look like?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Going to my church group for the first time today. Hoping it goes well considering the last few bible studies I tried were uh...interesting..
I would probably be the last person to never go to that type of thing again. Hearing though takes me back to my school residentials.
Nothing was more fun than half of my class stealing a fire extinguisher and spraying it in a bedroom to help create a wrestling arena.
Or seeing my teachers spend an entire morning looking for one of my classmates only to find out he slept in an empty bath.
Ahh early 2010's were fun times,

Tell us some good random stories,

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The Sonic movie was really fun, if a little generic. I’m honestly surprised it wasn’t a train wreck, would it have been just as good with the trash design? Jim Carrey Eggman was top tier tho.

With Pokémon and Sonic doing good it seems video game movies that aren’t trash is the new hotness. Wonder if Mario will continue the trend?

After watching this I’ve kinda realized I like, unironically love Sonic. Not just for the memes.

Gotta get my hands on the genesis trilogy...

That sequel better take place on Sonic’s world. We already saw Tails, I want Knuckles, I want Amy, I want the goddamn Chaotix. Screw James Marsden, take me to Mobius. Gimme the chaos emeralds

What the ever loving frick did pre-redesign Tails look like?
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the movie, Noi me boi.

And yeah, the Genesis trilogy + Mania is good ****.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well the last one I went to started off ok but then this creepy guy took over and tried to make us meet at his house. I did not feel comfortable with that so I stopped going.
Understandable.
If there's ever a "bible study de-railer", take caution. Go to one where truth is upheld and the group dynamic is uplifting and balanced.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Was gonna watch Joker again tonight but I ate like a king tonight at my 2nd cousins 3rd birthday. I'll watch it tomorrow.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There's a Youtuber I watch ????????????? ????????????? , that makes a moveset for a character after he beats their game. I really like that idea, and I think I'm gonna try doing that too. I beat SW/SH recently, so it looks like I'm making a Pokemon moveset soon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's a Youtuber I watch ????????????? ????????????? , that makes a moveset for a character after he beats their game. I really like that idea, and I think I'm gonna try doing that too. I beat SW/SH recently, so it looks like I'm making a Pokemon moveset soon.
One of these days I’ll make an illustrated Dragapult moveset.

One of these days

MooMew64

Alpharad's video on the Sonic Movie was pretty good, NGL (spoiler warning for anyone who wants to go watch it).

Arlo's was negative, but I never thought he'd like it anyways so that was unsurprising.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My fan vibrated itself of my dressing table last night. It is very hot in my room because it’s a stuffy dorm room, and if I turn on the AC it will kill my plants. One of the blades broke off and it’s vibrating like a jackhammer. So I can barely cool off. And I am very sensitive to heat.

My clothes drying rack is mangled beyond repair. It has been for almost two years now. But now is the first time I can’t manage to put it back together. Which sucks because I have laundry in the machine that has to be hang dried. And I have no where to hang it! And I didn’t even break it! My parents made me store it in their room under their bed when I brought it back for summer vacation. I leave it there for months, undisturbed. And when I’m finally ready to take it out and go back to school, KERPOW it just falls apart. I have no idea how it broke, and my parents won’t take the blame despite the fact that it’s under their ****ing bed!

All I was supposed todo today was do my laundry, wash the dishes, and then relax. But I can’t dry my clothes and I’m hot and sticky And stressed! And I can’t do a single thing to fix either problem. But I can’t ask for help because I’m completely alone! I tried texting my mom but she hasn’t even read the damn thing yet! I just want to get my stuff done so I can relax! This semester was supposed to be relaxing! But I can’t because every week it’s a new errand to run, a new cold to deal with, another frustrating teacher to get me to the end of my freakin tether! And now I have to start signing up for housing and putting together my applications for Hollywood and it’s just.... I hate life. It stopped being fun years ago. And now I want to do something else.

MooMew64

He swears he isn't a negative person and that he doesn't like doing negative videos, but his uploads for the past year now seem to beg to differ, lol.

Ah well, everybody has the right to their own opinion. Arlo is a critic kind of guy, he kind of comes off to me as someone who doesn't really like settling for "good enough", he wants everything to bring it's A game and be a masterpiece. Well, at least, the persona he puts forth on the internet comes off that way, who knows how he actually is as a person.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He swears he isn't a negative person and that he doesn't like doing negative videos, but his uploads for the past year now seem to beg to differ, lol.

Ah well, everybody has the right to their own opinion. Arlo is a critic kind of guy, he kind of comes off to me as someone who doesn't really like settling for "good enough", he wants everything to bring it's A game and be a masterpiece. Well, at least, the persona he puts forth on the internet comes off that way, who knows how he actually is as a person.
I mean, he’s kind of a slave to the comings and going’s of Nintendo’s business practices. And if they do a huge string of bad things (at least from his perspective) then all he can really make is negative videos. Although I wouldn’t exactly call his 3D platformers video, his greatest games of the decade list, his Byleth reaction, or his “what is Nintendo’s 2020 holiday title” video negative. People just seem to remember his negative videos more, including him. Sad that he’s probably heading into the pile of youtubers that people unjustly despise with the kind of traction he’s been getting.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
No offence to you SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 but your switchy-switchy moodiness is confusing for some unknown reason.
You go off on rants and then you reply to something more mundane like you're like back on somber mode.

Don't know why but any reason why you're like that sometimes? I'm curious. Not provokin ya.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My Gamecube decided that memory card needed re-formatting. Luckily I backed most of it up on like 2 other cards.

Anyways, I played Mega Man X again on the Gamecube as a Birthday thing. I got through most of it without much trouble. But mostly screwed up Launch Octopus and Sting Chameleon's stages. So I can tell I'm rusty. But I got all 8 Mavericks beaten and all the items, I'll do the Sigma stages a bit later, like I usually do.

I also want to try unlocking Thanos in MUA3, but that'll take a minute.

MooMew64

I mean, he’s kind of a slave to the comings and going’s of Nintendo’s business practices. And if they do a huge string of bad things (at least from his perspective) then all he can really make is negative videos. Although I wouldn’t exactly call his 3D platformers video, his greatest games of the decade list, his Byleth reaction, or his “what is Nintendo’s 2020 holiday title” video negative. People just seem to remember his negative videos more, including him. Sad that he’s probably heading into the pile of youtubers that people unjustly despise with the kind of traction he’s been getting.
Oh no, I don't dislike him at all! Arlo is one of the better Nintendo news coverage channels along with places like Gamexplain. Plus, not all of his videos are negative, it's more just a running gag he has with his audience lately because he has been a bit more negative than positive on his news coverage lately.

Like, people can have different opinions, y'know? Just 'cause I disagree with literally everything he had to say about Kirby Star Allies doesn't mean he's a "bad Youtuber" in my eyes, just that, well, he has a different opinion than mine. Which is fine. In fact, I watch him despite disagreeing with him on a lot of stuff because the personality he puts forth is both entertaining and engaging with how he structures his videos. Some of my favorite videos from him are ones where I actually disagree with him, but respect the work he put in to his video and also managed to be incredibly respectful and not talk down to people who like what he doesn't like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom