• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Easy, spirit boards were planned with pass one. DLC 2 was planned after the fact and Nintendo wanted another promo pick. With a big expansion meant to be this years Pokémon game, it would make sense to choose that regardless of spirits. As I said before, they didn’t even have the starter evolutions at the time. There’s plenty that could still be done.

Mandy can is claiming one announced tomorrow so we will have to wait and see.
Yadda yadda yadda, I don’t want a SwSh pokémon, the only one I would even be remotely interested in would never happen, Grookey betrayed me, all the usual ****.

There, I just condensed an entire night long emotional breakdown into one post.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Yadda yadda yadda, I don’t want a SwSh pokémon, the only one I would even be remotely interested in would never happen, Grookey betrayed me, all the usual ****.

There, I just condensed an entire night long emotional breakdown into one post.
why are you like this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are you sure? The Tetris and Daemon X Machina spirits weren't added to the pool until the Byleth update, and they predated Terry. Those that came between Terry and Byleth (Sw/Sh, RE, Astral Chain, maybe Kunio) will probably be added to the pool with 8.0.0.

I have them all, so they're already in my pool, but I would assume (perhaps incorrectly so) that they aren't available for those that missed the events.
I don’t follow the spirit stuff but here’s an image from the video papa genos put out today that I saw being discussed:
E4447CB1-0324-4B78-A52A-A2DB01DD954F.jpeg

D

Deleted member

I feel positive about a Direct announcement either tomorrow or Wednesday.

It's a gut feeling, and luck has deeply been on my side since june so I am positive.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Every day since 2016 I have had this constant underlying fear. Depending on how 2020 goes I genuinely don’t think the world will be safe for people like me.
Hey.

It's gonna be okay, just focus on the brighter things in your life. Constantly thinking of what bad things will happen in the future is certainly unhealthy.

D

Deleted member

Hey.

It's gonna be okay, just focus on the brighter things in your life. Constantly thinking of what bad things will happen in the future is certainly unhealthy.
That's basically what I did to overcome depression and my suicidal thoughts back in June of last year.

One day I just woke up, and with the help of a good start of the day I saw many chances opening up to me just to make that day so good I would never forget it.

So I basically fought my way through the day and managed to take every chance of making the day great with huge success.

It does at times work like that: when you find the chance to have a positive or good moment, quickly take it and enjoy every second.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don’t follow the spirit stuff but here’s an image from the video papa genos put out today that I saw being discussed:
View attachment 261831
The patch notes only indicate the DxM and Tetris spirits were added to the pool, not the RE ones, as that post incorrectly states (nor the Sw/Sh, AC, or Kunio ones). So Pokemon isn't an exception; the spirits from the events between Terry and Byleth will presumably be added when FP6 is released, as is the general pattern.

That person probably just has the RE spirits already, that's why they're in his pool.

D

Deleted member

I've heard about Mandycan before, but as of now I am really doubtful towards "insiders" as a whole.

I rather prefer to theorize stuff on my own rather than rely on the word of people who claim to know stuff.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The person behind the big crash rumor/leak currently that seemingly predicted multiple things so far like Byleth. They also are known but that Twitter bio of **** vergeben
And is probably piggybacking on other sources. That or he's using that comment editing whatever its called.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t think that image means every spirit but those was made available in this update, but by this update all of them have been made available. Like I said I’m not sure and I saw multiple people backing this earlier
If you have the spirits already, they go into the general pool. If you delete the Pokemon spirits, you'll eventually re-encounter them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And is probably piggybacking on other sources. That or he's using that comment editing whatever its called.
They haven’t been piggybacking from any other insider though. They’ve been calling their own stuff that no one else has really before them. Regardless of weather or not it’s true, I gotta respect this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Number two is something someone like sabi would claim as being right. So I give them credit there

Shroob

Sup?
How? Every year since at least 2016 has felt like the worst year ever.
Honestly, I feel like the internet makes things seen worse than they are.

I understand where you're coming from, but, when I step outside, world hasn't ended, there's not violence in the streets and cats and dogs living together, it's just the same town I've known for nearly 30 years.

D

Deleted member

How? Every year since at least 2016 has felt like the worst year ever.
In my case I used to feel that my whole life was filled with awful years up until 2018 (which even then wasn't that good between the death of Stan Lee and the mother of one of my friends).

More so because I spent my whole childhood on the shadow of my cousins, getting mocked and shamed by everyone while they were in constant success after success.

But that finally changed for good in 2019, with literally a 90% of the year excluding the month of February finally going right and letting the world know how truly capable I am of overcoming basically any obstacle I am presented.
I also made more friends, helped fight the awful status of my family and managed to spend more time with my father's family (which is filled by people way better than my father ironically enough). Since june of 2019 I've felt so alive in ways I didn't before, and start to see the light at the the end of the tunnel.

It is about doing the right quest. Dig deeper into your hobbies, "fight" the world by proving your true capacities and of course enjoying every second of any possible moment of enjoyment.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In my case I used to feel that my whole life was filled with awful years up until 2018 (which even then wasn't that good between the death of Stan Lee and the mother of one of my friends).

More so because I spent my whole childhood on the shadow of my cousins, getting mocked and shamed by everyone while they were in constant success after success.

But that finally changed for good in 2019, with literally a 90% of the year excluding the month of February finally going right and letting the world know how truly capable I am of overcoming basically any obstacle I am presented.
I also made more friends, helped fight the awful status of my family and managed to spend more time with my father's family (which is filled by people way better than my father ironically enough). Since june of 2019 I've felt so alive in ways I didn't before, and start to see the light at the the end of the tunnel.

It is about doing the right quest. Dig deeper into your hobbies, "fight" the world by proving your true capacities and of course enjoying every second of any possible moment of enjoyment.
That doesn’t really help if the leader of my country makes being myself illegal or launches the world into a Third World War or turns the USA into an authoritarian state. It’s like prescribing ibuprofen for a severed limb.

Shroob

Sup?
That doesn’t really help if the leader of my country makes being myself illegal or launches the world into a Third World War or turns the USA into an authoritarian state. It’s like prescribing ibuprofen for a severed limb.
I don't think any of those have happened.

Why worry about things in the future that you have no control over? Once you start focusing on bettering yourself, you'll stop worrying about things that you have no control over.

D

Deleted member

Some of you may already heard a bit about this, but my country is currently at an economical crisis (more so regarding house adquisition shenanigans).

It is a topic that does concern me, but instead of letting that get too into me and blocking myself from doing anything of worth... I just keep doing my best and study my hardest to guaranteed my dream jobs as an english teacher and writer to lesser the problem in the future.

Heck, a great Youtuber animator I follow got seriously hurt by that problem recently because he was getting kicked out of his rented house owned by a messed family member. He spent a whole week looking all around Barcelona for a new place to live and all I could do was give them my feedback and support through their Discord server (since I am from the Canary Islands). The support many fans and I gave them back then did help A LOT, because It pushed them to keep fighting to stay strong and while they couldn't but a house they managed to overcome the problem as of now by moving with another family member at Barcelona for a while.

Why am I telling all of this? Basically as an example of how the huge problems our countries may have may still be able to be fought back with enough effort and strength.

Don't fear the future: do your best now to make It improve instead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think any of those have happened.

Why worry about things in the future that you have no control over? Once you start focusing on bettering yourself, you'll stop worrying about things that you have no control over.
Because those things I can’t control stand a substantial chance of happening and would completely ruin my life. And no amount of self improvement will stop them.

Shroob

Sup?
Because those things I can’t control stand a substantial chance of happening and would completely ruin my life. And no amount of self improvement will stop them.
When I was a little kid, my grandfather convinced me that we could be nuked any moment from the middle east/Asia due to his racism, which caused me to pretty much not going a day terrified that my life could be snuffed out in a blink of an eye.

Then I realized I can't do anything about it.

Would it be awful? Well, yeah, I'd be dead, but there's literally nothing I can do about it, and it got to the point where I just.... stopped worrying about it. Now I think it's silly(Well, for the most part, looking at you Iran and N.Korea), but..... there's nothing I can do.

It's better to live your life not worrying about stuff you literally have no control over than thinking that every 5 seconds the NWO is going to break down your door and arrest you for being different.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine being a doomer.

Couldn’t be me.

At a certain point you realize all the wacky **** you’re afraid of ain’t gonna happen. After you wake up and the world hasn’t ended for the fourteenth time you start thinking that just maybe you’ve been over exaggerating. Live you’re life, dinguses. Ain’t no world ending **** is gonna happen.

And if I find out you’re letting doomsday scenarios freak you out, I’m gonna kick your ass.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My thing is if you have a problem/concern, do something about it. I've learned from experience sitting around complaining never helps.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine being a doomer.

Couldn’t be me.

At a certain point you realize all the wacky **** you’re afraid of ain’t gonna happen. After you wake up and the world hasn’t ended for the fourteenth time you start thinking that just maybe you’ve been over exaggerating. Live you’re life, dinguses. Ain’t no world ending **** is gonna happen.

And if I find out you’re letting doomsday scenarios freak you out, I’m gonna kick your ass.
...That is of course except for the lizard people.

They’re coming.

Soon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Imagine being a doomer.

Couldn’t be me.

I feel personally attacked by this. /s

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Snake, you’ve gotta let go out that anxiety.

Literally none of this is gonna happen or is happening.

The U.S’s “enemies“ that everyone fears in case of war are doing things like blowing up their own bases and unleashing plagues on their own people by complete accident.

They aren’t ready for a war and no one is going to be stupid enough to start it. Not even Trump. For the record btw Obama launched over 500 drone strikes on foreign places during his campaign. Triple the damage trump has done and a war didn’t start then.
It ain’t starting now.

The U.S. is quite fine in terms of independence and nowhere near as bad as other countries. Your aren’t going to wake up one day and be arrested for being you. Freedom of speech is still big here and continues to grow with more and more general acceptance of people of all kinds.

Lastly, we are nowhere near a totalitarian state and that’s extremely unlikely to happen.

You are looking at the world through your anxiety and negative thoughts. It might be hard, but please try to think rationally and positively.

Your going to be fine. Video games aren’t real and can’t hurt you, and the government and United States are not going to change anytime soon and hurt you. I truly hope you can see that there is nothing to fear. Just be you and live your life and I think you’ll find plenty of good in it

Noipoi

Howdy!
your ass =
592BCB34-C876-49BA-965C-EA5B681B2680.jpeg

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Wow! My birthday went really well, eated a pizza, got a nice cake & watched a horror movie with my family.....What do you mean the last one is not like the others?

Got some pretty nice gifts too, but I see more tomorrow, now it's really late, so going to relax a bit before going to bed.
Happy Birthday! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom