• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What if there was a Sonic game about parallel universes? “Into the Sonic-Verse” if you will. Which alternate universe Sonics would you have? Obviously you’d have mainline Sonic, Mania Sonic, Boom Sonic, and Movie Sonic. There’ed probably also be a femake Sonic because that’s just a really easy trope to do with this concept, but what other alternate universe Sonics could there be?
Serious answer though, I remember seeing a fanart a while back of a young Sonic being a flying student of an older (and I believe buffer) Tails. That’d be a cool take.

Or maybe adapting Drawloverlala’s Sonic Skyline AU.
B72FD65F-9DB1-4208-8517-AD31F7A0B19F.jpeg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did you get the Ribbon Accessory or get White Wing on Enemy Skill Materia? That goes a long way to overcoming the game's more annoying enemies.
FFVII is nice because you can get infinite ribbons.
I got to the end of FFVII but never beat the final boss. And I will no even attempt another time unless there’s a way to become immune to the damn Frog status because every enemy in that area LOVES spamming it.
You could always complete the Chocobo breeding sidequest and oneshot the final boss with Knights of the Round.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Serious answer though, I remember seeing a fanart a while back of a young Sonic being a flying student of an older (and I believe buffer) Tails. That’d be a cool take.

View attachment 261817
That’s a cute concept! I really like it!

What if there was an alternate Sonic that was always a Werehog, but could actually run fast and use the stretchy limbs for spider-man style platforming.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know of any good sites/programs that can be used to arrange multiple photos together for a thumbnail?

I could also make the background transparent, but uh I don't know how to do that without screwing up the images themselfs

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

View attachment 261817
Now that is cute and awesome! I'd like to see a Sonic sub series with that Sonic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ah, I see. Maybe you'll like the remake better.
Definitely. I’m a hack n slash girl. And while this isn’t quite that, it’s a system I’ll like infinitely better. And I can’t wait to experience one of my favorite gaming worlds and stories with bearable gameplay.

Konami, why you no MGS remake!?!

Also, and I don’t know if this is weird or not, but I treated the summons like Pokémon and imagined my characters bonding with them. Cid in particular was super protective of the Phoenix he rescued from Ft. Condor. And Yuffie being trusted with Aerith’s Ifrit was a big moment.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You could use this method I posted earlier:

Only takes about maybe an hour at most to do, even quicker if you use 3x speed on the modern ports.
Wow, and I've done it through racing twice now when I could have used some rng/arbitrary code manipulation.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wow, and I've done it through racing twice now when I could have used some rng/arbitrary code manipulation.
Yeah, it's crazy how simple it is. As long as you follow the video step by step, you get it exactly as the video shows. Definitely glad I stumbled upon it before going for a Gold Chocobo.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

MooMew64

FF7 is probably up there for me in my top 10 RPGs. Game definitely wasn't overhyped to me, it does indeed stand with the greats.

...That said, Chrono Trigger is the best Square RPG IMO.

MooMew64

I might try it out tomorrow. It would be nice to finally beat Sephiroth and see the end of the game.
Just remember to do everything he does exactly step by step, including the multiple saves. Having save backups will help you retry things if something in the sequence of events gets messed up. Luckily, though, as long as you use the video right alongside your game, it should work out fine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, I wish they announced exactly how many parts the remake was gonna have and allowed you to pre-order all of them. I’d rather just put the money down right away.
You stinkies aren’t ready for my Sonic oc.

Beauregard the Clam.
Nothing compared to my OC, Crash the Bandicoot!

Wait......

MooMew64

Oh, and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , you can also get access to one of the Materia Caves without the Golden Chocobo by using a glitch:

This nets you Quadra Magic, a powerful Materia that allows any Magic linked to it to be used four times at once for the price of one cast. This also includes every Summon (except for Knights of the Round).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quick little rough draft I made of what I want the thumbnail of my project to be.

Note it looks bad, but for right now that's on purpose; this is mainly just to get my ideas onto the table and out the mind, so to speak.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

"Hmm, I wonder how many references I can shove into my custom logo before it starts to look like a jumbled mess?"

Alot apparently, it looks like I could throw in one or two more small references and the icon would be fine lol.

Now would it actually hook people? In the way I want it to?(I.E hook them in, then keep them there, not hook them in simply because the icon looks absurd and they get away) Probably not.
Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo (1).png

This is bad logo design #1: Never go overboard with the amount of info you put into a logo. You want to streamline it so that the viewer knows where to go.

In that regard, the only thing truly wrong with this is the LOSTO WARUDO over the actual Pokemon MD logo; it takes away from the logo itself and distracts the viewer.
Removing just that fixes the issue.

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo (1).jpg

See the difference?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Something interesting I saw pointed out.

All the special event spirits have been added to the main pool(or however it works I don’t pay attention much to new spirit events).

Except for one event which is still being kept to an event.

Can you guess what one that is?

The Pokémon one. Now why would these spirits be kept as events unless something more was being done with it.

Just some food for thought.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

All the special event spirits have been added to the main pool(or however it works I don’t pay attention much to new spirit events).

The Pokémon one. Now why would these spirits be kept as events unless something more was being done with it.

If that’s the case, then why wouldn’t they have waited to use them for the spirit board in the first place?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Are you sure? The Tetris and Daemon X Machina spirits weren't added to the pool until the Byleth update, and they predated Terry. Those that came between Terry and Byleth (Sw/Sh, RE, Astral Chain, maybe Kunio) will probably be added to the pool with 8.0.0.

I have them all, so they're already in my pool, but I would assume (perhaps incorrectly so) that they aren't available for those that missed the events.

D

Deleted member

Obligatory i'm tired as ****, I've gotten alot done today, and night ya'll post here

No but seriously, I got alot done.
I got the logo almost sorted out(which I may just use as the thumbnail but with minor additions?)
I got a full raw recording(which I'll have to record again but that's another beast)

And lastly I'm on track to finishing the first episode pretty soon!

Depending on how much money I get for my B-day, I may buy the full version of RPG maker, but I dunno right-right now. I need more experience before I can even think of doing the kinda things I want to do for episode 2.

Anyway, night ya'll! for real this time!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If that’s the case, then why wouldn’t they have waited to use them for the spirit board in the first place?
Easy, spirit boards were planned with pass one. DLC 2 was planned after the fact and Nintendo wanted another promo pick. With a big expansion meant to be this years Pokémon game, it would make sense to choose that regardless of spirits. As I said before, they didn’t even have the starter evolutions at the time. There’s plenty that could still be done.
I wonder if we'll have a direct announced tomorrow
Mandy can is claiming one announced tomorrow so we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom