• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it crazy to say I've never played a Sonic game I've actually enjoyed?

Is it crazier to say I never even knew Sonic was a thing until Brawl?

Yeah somehow I missed the whole Sega vs Nintendo war.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Have you guys seen the new OST track that got shown off for NMH3?

This ****'s pretty good.
Dead Orca Force?

What is this ****ing SeaWorld?!

:cheep::sadsheep:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

As Sonic himself would say, "You're too slow!". Being slow in this case since you missed the Sega vs Nintendo wars. :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

First question, no.

Second question, yes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Depends. What region are we talking about? I'd suggest looking at instruments that come from the area your fictional region is based off of, if any.
I... haven't given much thought to the theme of the region, maybe the US East Coast? I can't think of an instrument tied to that area though.
H O C K E Y S T I C K

in all seriousness, the guitar.
That works!

D

Deleted member

I've been busy these past half hours, been working on making something to share.

So, what do you think? Will def be improving on this, for right now it's a quick concept design I put together in a hurry, given enough time I don't know for sure if this will even look fanmade or not.
Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo.jpg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've been busy these past half hours, been working on making something to share.

So, what do you think? Will def be improving on this, for right now it's a quick concept design I put together in a hurry, given enough time I don't know for sure if this will even look fanmade or not.
View attachment 261811
Looks like one of those messages made from cut up newspapers and magazines.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like one of those messages made from cut up newspapers.
That's kinda the point, actually. Hooks people in.
That's also one of the main tenets of Graphic Design; You have to hook people in first. And a graphic(especially one that is the first thing most people will see when they, say google the name of a company, for example) is the best way to do that.

And you fell for it, hook-line and sinker. That means it's working.

The reason I went for that design? The plot I'm going for revolves around the MC exploring multiple worlds(basically my own take on Isekai), with the different fonts(and the Reverse R because it's important to the plot) being symbolic of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's kinda the point, actually. Hooks people in.
That's also one of the main tenets of Graphic Design; You have to hook people in first. And a graphic(especially one that is the first thing most people will see when they, say google the name of a company, for example) is the best way to do that.

And you fell for it, hook-line and sinker. That means it's working.

The reason I went for that design? The plot I'm going for revolves around the MC exploring multiple worlds(basically my own take on Isekai), with the different fonts(and the Reverse R because it's important to the plot) being symbolic of that.
Ew, now you made me realise the Mystery Dungeon games are isekais.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I wouldn't recommend grinding unless you are going for the Weapons. The final dungeon offers loads of exp as it is.
Oh, no, I wasn't talking about character levels, I meant to say I was gonna be grinding for Limits. As for levels, I already broke the game's balance waaaaay back at the grinding spot in Junon, lol.

Only Weapon I plan on fighting is Ultimate for Cloud's best weapon. Emerald probably won't happen because I'm pretty sure I missed the Materia needed to take away the timer, and Ruby ain't happening because...Well, it's Ruby Weapon.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if there was a Sonic game about parallel universes? “Into the Sonic-Verse” if you will. Which alternate universe Sonics would you have? Obviously you’d have mainline Sonic, Mania Sonic, Boom Sonic, and Movie Sonic. There’ed probably also be a femake Sonic because that’s just a really easy trope to do with this concept, but what other alternate universe Sonics could there be?

D

Deleted member

Ew, now you made me realise the Mystery Dungeon games are isekais.
NGL, I somewhat hate isekai too. Or at least, now I do. That kinda stuff was my jam as a kid(which is where the plot idea even came from lol)
I didn't even think about what anime genre it was until...like a day or two ago. I've become the very thing I hate lol.

D

Deleted member

There’ed probably also be a femake Sonic because that’s just a really easy trope to do with this concept, but what other alternate universe Sonics could there be?
No, please no, don't invoke rule 63 of the internet..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What if there was a Sonic game about parallel universes? “Into the Sonic-Verse” if you will. Which alternate universe Sonics would you have? Obviously you’d have mainline Sonic, Mania Sonic, Boom Sonic, and Movie Sonic. There’ed probably also be a femake Sonic because that’s just a really easy trope to do with this concept, but what other alternate universe Sonics could there be?
A universe where Sonic finally wears pants.

13BC16AD-2A03-475F-B956-138A0E051BF0.jpeg

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh, no, I wasn't talking about character levels, I meant to say I was gonna be grinding for Limits. As for levels, I already broke the game's balance waaaaay back at the grinding spot in Junon, lol.

Only Weapon I plan on fighting is Ultimate for Cloud's best weapon. Emerald probably won't happen because I'm pretty sure I missed the Materia needed to take away the timer, and Ruby ain't happening because...Well, it's Ruby Weapon.
I've never even bothered grinding for limits.

For Emerald, did you get the Morph materia? You need that to get the items to take away the timer. It was in the Temple of the Ancients.

Double K

Smash Lord
NGL, I somewhat hate isekai too. Or at least, now I do. That kinda stuff was my jam as a kid(which is where the plot idea even came from lol)
I didn't even think about what anime genre it was until...like a day or two ago. I've become the very thing I hate lol.
Isekai as a genre is old as dirt. Hundreds of years old in fact.

Maybe you've heard of The Divine Comedy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've never even bothered grinding for limits.

For Emerald, did you get the Morph materia? You need that to get the items to take away the timer. It was in the Temple of the Ancients.
I got to the end of FFVII but never beat the final boss. And I will no even attempt another time unless there’s a way to become immune to the damn Frog status because every enemy in that area LOVES spamming it.

D

Deleted member

Isekai as a genre is old as dirt. Hundreds of years old in fact.

Maybe you've heard of The Divine Comedy
My hate for isekai is a newer thing, I used to love the concept.
The fact that it's been beat into the ground hasn't helped my opinion on it that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have that, yeah.
Then you need to morph a Ghost Ship to get a Guide Book.

They are found in the Junon Underwater Reactor (I can't remember if this place is unrevisitable entirely or only the end part) or the Battle Square.

Once you've got one, trade it to the Kalm Traveller for the Underwater Materia.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I got to the end of FFVII but never beat the final boss. And I will no even attempt another time unless there’s a way to become immune to the damn Frog status because every enemy in that area LOVES spamming it.
Did you get the Ribbon Accessory or get White Wing on Enemy Skill Materia? That goes a long way to overcoming the game's more annoying enemies.

D

Deleted member

So was my statement.

Also, for a split second I thought you called me Snack and was like “dude, are you flirting with me?”
I recall that I made it pretty clear a while back how I feel about dating or flirting or any of that:

I don't care at all. I just want to live by myself, just me.
Still pretty funny thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom