• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Oddly enough, yes. But more oddly, he didn't create Pendulum Summoning as it already existed. He just introduced it to the world in question. The plot is convoluted as hell after a while.

Let's just say that Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon always existed before Yuma summoned it. I can say more, if you want, but I'll spoiler it.
I know how arc-v goes lol.

Hell though. As convoluted as arc-v is, the manga is.....what the ****.

Ya remember Yuzu? Pink gal who had the hots for I forgot his name?

In the manga, she's even more romantically involved with him

And due to time travel ****ery...at the end of the manga its revealed she was his mother.

Yeaaaah.....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, Vanguard be like

You lost? SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR ****ING SOUL AND MIND, AND SAY HELLO TO MY NEW MINION

Oh yeah, still my point stands.

Vanguard has this thing where every 2 seconds when you think you’ll win, your opponent checks a heal for no godamn reason, and then said opponents shoot you in the face.
Also nearly every damn Twin Drive or higher has at least one trigger, something which is obvious asspulls(you can only run 16 Triggers out of a 50 card deck, making the likelyhood you check a trigger with 2 checks or higher around 40-50)

Buddyfight has some weird shenanigans as well, stuff like CHANGING CARDS IN YOUR ****ING HAND INTO NEW ONES(granted half of the tome there’s a valid reason, but almost always this happens BEFORE a game)
Huh. Only Bandit Keith pulled off the card switching, during a match. Once against Joey(Pegasus caught the cheater, hypocritically so. Only difference is Pegasus isn't doing it to win for the sake of himself, but to save his wife, so his cheating has a reason). And once against Yugi, after having an upgraded machine to do the work for him thanks to Marik.

I know how arc-v goes lol.

Hell though. As convoluted as arc-v is, the manga is.....what the ****.

Ya remember Yuzu? Pink gal who had the hots for I forgot his name?

In the manga, she's even more romantically involved with him

And due to time travel ****ery...at the end of the manga its revealed she was his mother.

Yeaaaah.....
I remember her. Yeah, the plots are crazy with Arc-V. I remember it being less popular than Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal, though to be fair, the latter has a lot better moments at time and the story has a lot more logic to it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow! My birthday went really well, eated a pizza, got a nice cake & watched a horror movie with my family.....What do you mean the last one is not like the others?

Got some pretty nice gifts too, but I see more tomorrow, now it's really late, so going to relax a bit before going to bed.

D

Deleted member

Wow! My birthday went really well, eated a pizza, got a nice cake & watched a horror movie with my family.....What do you mean the last one is not like the others?

Got some pretty nice gifts too, but I see more tomorrow, now it's really late, so going to relax a bit before going to bed.
Glad to hear It went really well!

When people I find cool are happy, I am too!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Happy birthday!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Glad to hear It went really well!

When people I find cool are happy, I am too!
While I'm happy for you, make sure to find you own happiness without relying too much on others being happy to do so.

Not trying to be mean or say you shouldn't feel happy at me being happy btw, I just want to be sure you can find joy on your own, because I can tell you it's not always easy, but when you do, life move much more easily.
Happy birthday!
Thanks!^^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

February Birthday gang!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A bit late to the Detective Pikachu talk, but I will say that while I generally prefer animation to live action, I really do think live action was the way to go with Detective Pikachu. Why? Because we already get animated pokemon movies all the time. Yeah they're usually about Ash instead of a talking Pikachu in a detective's cap, but I doubt that alone would have been enough to make the movie really stand out. I doubt it would have received that much buzz if it was just animated pokmeon movie number Arceus knows how many there have been at this point.

Being live action gave the movie a lot of novelty. Where else are you going to see live action pokemon? The Broadway musical? It also gave a new perspective to a lot of pokemon's designs - while I typically prefer 2D or cell-shaded pokemon designs too keep that cartoonish feeling, I've got to admit that flurry pikachu is a blessing.

It wasn't my favorite movie every but if it got a sequel then sure, I'd probably go check it out.

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone! Ye, it’s me, the guy. Been real busy recently, but I should be able to be a touch more active here. :)

JFJWIBJSJFKSJGJSKV HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN!

D

Deleted member

What up ****os I just got back from Birds of Prey, good ****, top 3 DCEU movies though that isn't really a high bar
You know, at first I wasn't sure about seeing It since I thought It would be more of a comedy and I do prefer stories with Harley Queen featuring a bit of drama.

But with a friend of mine insisting about seeing It with me and how some people I talk with at Discord saying It was quite cool... I may give It a chance after all.

Just not this week since my friends are all busy.

D

Deleted member

You know, was gonna wait a few days to do this anyway, but I have the perfect opportunity(parent’s arent’t home...)

SO LET’S DO THIS
LET’S RECORD THIS STUPID THING!

HERE WE GOOOO
330E2301-B53B-4C34-9AAC-670599C087B5.jpeg

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

That's great, happy birthday!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'know, I grew up hearing about how crazy getting a Gold Chocobo was in FF7. Now that I'm finally playing through the game, the time finally came for me to tackle the quest head on. I was sure it would be brutal, a true test of my patience that would make even Pokemon breeding look like a piece of cake, and then...

I found this.

Huh. That was...More simple than expected.

D

Deleted member

I realized as I was recording I screwed up again and forgot to change some positions to accommodate a room change. :(

The feels man.

Whatever, I got some footage, the mistakes don’t detrach from the plot too much(if anything they bring attention to the “wtf is going on” feeling that I’m going for), and I am not going to do that again.

The raw footage is roughly 13 minutes, but I think It’ll be closer to 12 once I actually start editing

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Hey, happy birthday! Glad it was a good one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What up ****os I just got back from Birds of Prey, good ****, top 3 DCEU movies though that isn't really a high bar
Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Birds of Prey...4 great movies out of 8

no lie, the soundtrack was getting me hyped...especially the “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” remix...I can taste the hype just thinking about that scene

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You know, at first I wasn't sure about seeing It since I thought It would be more of a comedy and I do prefer stories with Harley Queen featuring a bit of drama.

But with a friend of mine insisting about seeing It with me and how some people I talk with at Discord saying It was quite cool... I may give It a chance after all.

Just not this week since my friends are all busy.
I just want to point out that it is still very much a comedy, it has a lot of cool action and some dramatic moments, but at the end of the day it's an action comedy sort of like Deadpool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't go see the Sonic movie, but I hope it does well since they went through with actually changing that ugly version from before. And that Sonic fans will like it enough.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Bioware is gonna try and pull a Final Fantasy 14 on Anthem. We'll see how that goes for them. Cause it's not like Anthem is a household gaming series like FF, where it can take an L and then bounce back. I hope the employees are at least treated well, but I doubt that, since Crunch has been a huge issue lately, or rather, it's been an issue for a good while and we're just started to hear issues these past couple years.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know how I forgot this but I just remembered that the other day at work, there was a customer with an absolutely beautiful orange bird riding on their head. I looked it up after I got home and it turns out that it's called a sun conure and it's got to be one of the prettiest birds I've ever seen.

It looks like a living sun set.

Unfortunately I was too shy to ask to pet pet it...and even if I did, the owner was talking to her family in Spanish so there's a chance she wouldn't have understood me anyway.

We have people bring dogs and newly adopted puppies into the store all the time, but it's a special treat when they bring something more exotic. Maybe I'll adopt my own parrot one day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m lazy af, so for the thumbnail of my project I’ll probably take my current avatar and change the background, along with making a custom logo using the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon logo and some big font letters I have just laying around. Easy peasy Graphic Design stuff, I can do it in my sleep!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering Fix-It Felix is obviously a reference to the arcade Donkey Kong, do ya think the series expanded in a similar way?

Is there a Fix-It Felix 3D Land? Fix-It Felix Galaxy?

Did Ralph get his own spin off series, too? Wreck it Ralph Country?

This keeps me up at night.

D

Deleted member

Considering Fix-It Felix is obviously a reference to the arcade Donkey Kong, do ya think the series expanded in a similar way?

I would play all of those games if they existed, ngl.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Instead of running drills, my swimming teacher made us play basketball in the water. I had a horrible time and every part of my body feels like it will break if I put pressure on it.

D

Deleted member

Instead of running drills, my swimming teacher made us play basketball in the water. I had a horrible time and every part of my body feels like it will break if I put pressure on it.
That is weird, honestly. I’ve never heard of playing Basketball in the water. How the hell does that even work?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Did they ever say what company made Ralph in universe?

And now that I think about it, Ralph getting his own spin-off where he’s the hero would be a perfect conclusion to his character arc.

That is weird, honestly. I’ve never heard of playing Basketball in the water. How the hell does that even work?
Lots of splashing, football tackles, men accidentally grabbing your swim skirt, and turtling under the surface.
Well dribbling isn’t an option...
Instead of that, the rule was you couldn’t pass or throw the ball unless your feet were off the floor of the pool.

D

Deleted member

You know what, screw it. I’m gonna fix all the mistakes I made(or at least the ones that are fixable) and later this week I’m gonna record this entire thing again.

I also am gonna need to make the thumbnail, work on my drawing skills and start storyboarding the next episode, etc. But for right now, working on my drawing and the thumbnail is the most important.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I am still working on the rest of Digimon Adventure Tri. I saw the first four episodes by binge-watching them. While I still prefer the dub music due to how well it's choreographied and of course, nostalgia, this is still damn good.

Makes me think a full alternate line for ToyAgumon(or ShadowToyAgumon) could work. If I'm using the normal levels(not just what they can be due to weird game things), ToyAgumon > Deltamon > Kimeramon > MIlleniumon works. But I kind of like the idea of ToyAgumon > Deltamon > SkullGreymon > Kimeramon > Milleniumon(as a Burst form).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom