• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If Gengar gets in Smash, I really want this to be his Final Smash.
I know that they will probably mega evolve him, (Technically this is him mega evolving, but, ya know, it's still a unique move) gigantamax him, or just have him use a buffed version of a ghost type move, but this would be amazing. Gengar's burst move encapsulates him perfectly in my opinion. It's trippy, off the walls, and spooky, as Gengar should be.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People wouldn't get mad so much if you didn't treat it like some personal affront and go on long tangents about how you hate it.
I’m talking to my therapist about it okay. No matter how rediculous you think it is, right now that Pokémon is a trigger for me and reminds me of a time I almost did something unspeakable. My therapist is going to help me try to sort out the problem, but it’s not instantaneous.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dragapult is like, my new favorite Pokémon. It wouldn’t even be too awkward, it could grab with its tail for example.

They’ll never go for it though.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If Gengar gets in Smash, I really want this to be his Final Smash.
I know that they will probably mega evolve him, gigantamax him, or just have him use a buffed version of a ghost type move, but this would be amazing. Gengar's burst move encapsulates him perfectly in my opinion. It's trippy, off the walls, and spooky, as Gengar should be.
Ah yes, you are what you eat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That was me respectfully disagreeing.

Nah you were right about em.

I figured I’d be nice, but if that’s what you want...
I was just listing the results I thought I might get. I didn’t actually want people to get mad at me.

And there was nothing respectful in the tone of voice in that clip.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m talking to my therapist about it okay. No matter how rediculous you think it is, right now that Pokémon is a trigger for me and reminds me of a time I almost did something unspeakable. My therapist is going to help me try to sort out the problem, but it’s not instantaneous.
Alright, but people were talking about a completely different Pokemon and you were the one who mentioned Rillaboom. I could get being tired of the memes this site has around him, but it's still not the end of the world.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gengar would have a ton of demand if we hadn't been conditioned (rightfully, but still) to expect new poke because new.

We get some cool stuff but there are also downsides to this timeline. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
At least I’m getting more ideas for my Pokémon Smash game concept. Think I’ll actually replace Dewott with Emboar seeing how good the Pokémon actually is, though this means that I have every Fire-type stater Pokémon in my roster now...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm writing my Mr. Mime moveset, and I just got an amazing and terrible idea.

What if he had Trick Room? Up against Sonic? Now YOU have the speed!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If that's what you want to take from this, fine.
I don’t know what else to take from it. I can’t add to the conversation and it’s probably gonna go on for a while. I can never actually change the topic of conversation, the only times I’ve ever been able to do that are when I post something disturbing, controversial, or lewd. “You wanna talk about how you wanna remake an old PS1 game? **** that, let’s talk about Fire Emblem!” “You’re on a Sonic bender? Bah, let’s talk about which of the same six Pokémon they could ad to Smash again for the 45th time!”. I basically have to luck into conversations I can actually participate in and contribute positively.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, doubting that. The SW/SH Spirit Board Event would certainly come into countering that possibility.
I heavily disagree with this idea, when Pokémon is a game of 900 pngs that evolved into fleshed out models.

The starters final forms aren’t even repped and they would certainly be if the board was meant to be the first big representation of the games.

Pokémon itself is the loophole to the spirit board idea because of how many options it has and the fact more iconic Pokémon from this generation weren’t on the board is suspicious.

Especially when we know sakurai has seen Pokémon designs ahead of time which helps with poke balls and choosing characters. And say what you want about spoiling it, but it’s Pokémon for Arceus Sake, no one would care.

So the board lacking things like the starters, toxcritiy, Falinks, or any of the other very unique Pokémon that would stick out if you saw them ahead of time; is definitely worth thinking on. Especially when Sakurai already showed he doesn’t care about spoilers so putting some other Pokémon In that event should have honestly happened and it’s really weird they didn’t.

For such a big game they did the bare minimum. I think we can at least agree that’s a little odd.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know what really pisses me off?

When you see a really interesting looking article, click it, and then the article is divided into SEVENTY-FOUR individual pages (with a single paragraph each surrounded by ads) that you have to click through one-by-one, and most of which are purely filler.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I heavily disagree with this idea, when Pokémon is a game of 900 pngs that evolved into fleshed out models.

The starters final forms aren’t even repped and they would certainly be if the board was meant to be the first big representation of the games.

Pokémon itself is the loophole to the spirit board idea because of how many options it has and the fact more iconic Pokémon from this generation weren’t on the board is suspicious.

Especially when we know sakurai has seen Pokémon designs ahead of time which helps with poke balls and choosing characters. And say what you want about spoiling it, but it’s Pokémon for Arceus Sake, no one would care.

So the board lacking things like the starters, toxcritiy, Falinks, or any of the other very unique Pokémon that would stick out if you saw them ahead of time; is definitely worth thinking on. Especially when Sakurai already showed he doesn’t care about spoilers so putting some other Pokémon In that event should have honestly happened and it’s really weird they didn’t.

For such a big game they did the bare minimum. I think we can at least agree that’s a little odd.
I don’t think he can’t do a SwSh pokémon because he did the spirit board. I think the fact that he did the spirit board means that we’re not getting a new Pokémon. “I don’t have the space to do a new Pokémon but I still want to highlight it, so I’ll do a spirit event”. Not “woops! I can’t add a new Pokémon because I added some pngs, silly me!” Because the second one would be rediculous.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

When you see a really interesting looking article, click it, and then the article is divided into SEVENTY-FOUR individual pages (with a single paragraph each surrounded by ads) that you have to click through one-by-one, and most of which are purely filler.
Like seriously. One page. You need one page. Each of these paragraphs barely qualifies as such, most of them could be cut entirely, and I shouldn't have to reach the halfway point to get to the interesting part I clicked on the article for initially.

****. The. People. Who. Make. These. Sites.

And the pages load so slowly that sometimes when you try to click the next page button, an ad will finally load and take it's place on the screen and open a new tab.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

**** sucks. That’s why I barely go to sites like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just lost one of my best Pokémon in this nuzlocke.

Can we get an F in the chat for Gruntilda the Grimmsnarl?
View attachment 260560
F.

I don’t know what else to take from it. I can’t add to the conversation and it’s probably gonna go on for a while. I can never actually change the topic of conversation, the only times I’ve ever been able to do that are when I post something disturbing, controversial, or lewd. “You wanna talk about how you wanna remake an old PS1 game? **** that, let’s talk about Fire Emblem!” “You’re on a Sonic bender? Bah, let’s talk about which of the same six Pokémon they could ad to Smash again for the 45th time!”. I basically have to luck into conversations I can actually participate in and contribute positively.
Literally all you had to do was talk about what you like instead of whining about what you don't. You said you liked the Hat Pokemon. Talk about that. Maybe if you don't take everything in a hyperbolic fashion, people would want to talk to you more. You talk about how much you like old games, yet ***** about pixel art despite it taking a hell of a lot of effort and generally aging better than a lot of early 3D games. If someone is really only giving out ****ty takes for attention than that honestly should give everyone less of reason to pay attention to that person.

There's plenty of topics I bring up that don't lead to much discussion either. I JUST mentioned the Silver Surfer Cartoon I finished watching and despite their being plenty of Marvel fans here, not many people got interested in my statement after that. It happens. Same with most of my MUA3 comments.

I don't like Fire Emblem either, but you can't force other people to get engaged in something they don't want to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I hate it too, but I see a really interesting headline and just need to know sometimes, y'know?

That doesn't excuse their actions though. Greedy ****ers.
This is why Twitter accounts such as "Saving You A Click" are a blessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom