• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
F.

Literally all you had to do was talk about what you like instead of whining about what you don't. You said you liked the Hat Pokemon. Talk about that. Maybe if you don't take everything in a hyperbolic fashion, people would want to talk to you more. You talk about how much you like old games, yet ***** about pixel art despite it taking a hell of a lot of effort and generally aging better than a lot of early 3D games. If someone is really only giving out ****ty takes for attention than that honestly should give everyone less of reason to pay attention to that person.

There's plenty of topics I bring up that don't lead to much discussion either. I JUST mentioned the Silver Surfer Cartoon I finished watching and despite their being plenty of Marvel fans here, not many people got interested in my statement after that. It happens. Same with most of my MUA3 comments.

I don't like Fire Emblem either, but you can't force other people to get engaged in something they don't want to be.
Sometimes the reason I post that’s stuff is because for once I’d like to hear “I agree with you. Your not completely alone and a freak with bad taste”. Because that’s all I really want. A place or person that makes me feel like I belong. But I guess I can’t expect that to ever happen.

And good luck actually starting a conversation I based just on what I like. If I had just posted about how I like Hatterene and would be cool with her in Smash, i guarantee nothing would have happened. It’s a Damned if you do Damned if you don’t situation. Because like you said, you can’t force someone to engage in something they don’t want to be engaged in.

I guess I’m at the end of the line, then.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And thus were in February.

An possible Nintendo Direct, the new Sonic movie, Valentine's Day, My Hero Academia: Two Heroes. Anything else you guys might be looking forward to?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"SWORD OF BLACK KNIGHT!"

That's honestly my favorite super in MVC3 other than Maximum Spider getting an upgrade.

Not sure if you read comics, but Taskmaster's actually kind of a neat character.
All I know is that he's a mimic character and I love those in fiction. Apparently he's evil or something and considering he doesn't have god superpowers, I'm pretty sure his only meaning in life is to job for the heroes, lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy Black History Month. I'm gonna try finishing that drawing of Spawn I made soon-ish.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And thus were in February.

An possible Nintendo Direct, the new Sonic movie, Valentine's Day, My Hero Academia: Two Heroes. Anything else you guys might be looking forward to?
There gonna reveal a new mythical Pokémon, which is rad. There’s gonna be a direct that might just have my long fantasized Paper Mario return to form and perhaps Odyssey 2, which is rad. We might (emphasis on might) get a smash reveal, which is rad. Pokémon Home’ll come out, and I’ll bring my prized Incineroar into sword, which is rad. The Sonic Movie’ll be rad.

It’ll be rad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All I know is that he's a mimic character and I love those in fiction. Apparently he's evil or something and considering he doesn't have god superpowers, I'm pretty sure his only meaning in life is to job for the heroes, lol.
Depends on the writer. Sometimes he bodies people, other times he gets bopped.He's got a few mini-series here and there.

Basically, his job in-Universe is that he gets hired to train the mooks of other supervillains. He copies people by looking at them. Normally he can only do it if it's humanly possible. A weird quirk with him is that he was able to watch an Olympic runner with fast-forwarded footage and run at that speed for a brief period of time. So there's occasional outliers to that.

Sometimes the reason I post that’s stuff is because for once I’d like to hear “I agree with you. Your not completely alone and a freak with bad taste”. Because that’s all I really want. A place or person that makes me feel like I belong. But I guess I can’t expect that to ever happen.

And good luck actually starting a conversation I based just on what I like. If I had just posted about how I like Hatterene and would be cool with her in Smash, i guarantee nothing would have happened. It’s a Damned if you do Damned if you don’t situation. Because like you said, you can’t force someone to engage in something they don’t want to be engaged in.

Just act less hostile about what you don't like and you'll be more approachable. I don't care about Star Wars or Steven Universe, so instead at getting mad at people who do like it I just talk about **** I do care about.

And I'm someone who can tolerate Mega Man X6, despite it's many, obvious glaring flaws in level design because of the armors and movesets being fun to fight with. So while I would say my taste is pretty good overall, it's not perfect. Surprising no one.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
you know what this means? Get better admins without bias
I WILL be lightly salted if we don't get a Cuphead emote like we got for Sans though. Cuphead's actually an indie game I got invested in. Despite it beating the **** out of me like Broly boding the Z-Fighters in his first movie.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also where are Erdrick, Eight and the one I don't remember the name of

It's been like fifteen years

Rizen

Smash Legend

I'm kind of jumping in here mid conversation but 90% of the time the thread's taste and mine aren't synonymous. No one's playing Monster Hunter World, IDC about pokemon and aren't into anime so I hear where you're coming from. I just post the rare times something peaks my interest. You can't base your self worth on social media popularity.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Myleth+Fyleth=Byleth
this game is looking real clean atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom