• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Myself am just chilling. Going down to the mall in an hour and later today going to work again at my second job.

That said lets see where February leads us in terms of news and excitement.
With the news of January, I shudder to think.

Hopefully this year will be the last bad chain of years for us humans.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With the news of January, I shudder to think.

Hopefully this year will be the last bad chain of years for us humans.
To be fair I didn't mean regarding the world but rather media and entertainment.

I'd tell you you're fearmongering but best not to get into politics.

Dutch Raikuna

To be fair I didn't mean regarding the world but rather media and entertainment.

I'd tell you you're fearmongering but best not to get into politics.
Ah I thought you meant politics and all that is happening.
With the former, yeah I'm very excited. Outside of a rather off start, I think this is going to be one of the best years in media regardless of what you are into.
For me I've got too much to look forward too.

Latter, I'm into politics so that's why I jumped to.
Then again it's up to the creators and the adventurers to help inspire us to do something crazy. It's those people and the inventors, the scientists and more that what drives humanity forward.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. When I saw the Tokyo 2020 roster I wondered why on earth Eggman Nega was there.

I never thought I’d say a character in an MaSaO game was there for story reasons.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd love to see King K. Rool in the next Mario & Sonic Olympics game even if limited like Rosalina and Espio.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, I think I’m almost done with my project, just gotta add a few more things, record, and edit and then I should be done!

Dutch Raikuna

So after watching Devil is a Part Timer I did what I like to call a trial run of watching three first episodes of anime then decide. Went through Gamers!, Kemono Michi and Date a Live.

Probably going with the third.
After watching the first episode I was thinking "If there was ever a scenario in which the main character should be like "**** this I'm out, ****'s too crazy for me" it's this one."
Gonna watch it anyways.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'd kinda just like WarioWare and DK get more love in Mario spinoffs. It's clear they're not afraid to put K. Rool in them, so why not Dixie or Cranky as well as the main Kong crew and Funky? And why haven't Mona or Ashley shown up at all? Or 9-Volt?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so...imma say it and it’s obviously gonna be the truth...Sonic is the face of 3rd parties in Smash

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I'd kinda just like WarioWare and DK get more love in Mario spinoffs. It's clear they're not afraid to put K. Rool in them, so why not Dixie or Cranky as well as the main Kong crew and Funky? And why haven't Mona or Ashley shown up at all? Or 9-Volt?
Huh? Dixie's in more Mario spinoff games than K. Rool (still only 3 though)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Huh, didn't realise that the Super Bowl was tomorrow. Haven't caught track with it much.
See I usually watch a few games a season but for some reason I just didn't keep up with stuff this year. Guess I was slippin'.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd argue that's Terry, Mega Man, or Simon, considering they got way much more content XD
True...but unlike them Sonic has been there since Brawl (being the first 3rd party veteran and also the first veteran to get their own reveal trailer), was an important character in WoL by sacrificing himself to save Pikachu and then also being there when Galeem and Dharkon were ready to jump the characters to appear outside the opening cutscene, was the first 3rd party revealed for Ultimate (maybe the intro aswell idk), lots of spirits and a good amount of songs, best pose in the game, the most important 3rd party of them all, barely above Pac-Man, multiple ATs and stages...so on so forth. Though I would love more Sonic remixes, that’s on Sonic Team for not liking others remixing their songs that much or whatever

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
True...but unlike them Sonic has been there since Brawl (being the first 3rd party veteran and also the first veteran to get their own reveal trailer), was an important character in WoL by sacrificing himself to save Pikachu and then also being there when Galeem and Dharkon were ready to jump the characters to appear outside the opening cutscene, was the first 3rd party revealed for Ultimate (maybe the intro aswell idk), lots of spirits and a good amount of songs, best pose in the game, the most important 3rd party of them all, barely above Pac-Man, multiple ATs and stages...so on so forth. Though I would love more Sonic remixes, that’s on Sonic Team for not liking others remixing their songs that much or whatever
I'd argue Mega Man carries just as much on his shoulders. A stage, so many spirits (almost as much as Pokemon) including one of only two third party Master Spirits (the other is from Street Fighter), just as many assist trophies as Sonic (and one more if you count cut assists), a LOT of music, and the most remixed tracks, and a stage boss.

He's also required to unlock in World of Light, unlike Sonic.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dixie was in that Mario Basketball game on the DS with Diddy and Donkey.

But I think I can safely say that everyone would be happy if some variants of Mario and Peach got yeeted so we can get Diddy and Dixie in the next main Mario Kart. Hell, even Pauline and E.Gadd. Maybe King Boo with the Luigi's Mansion design. Something that's actually interesting.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Dixie was in that Mario Basketball game on the DS with Diddy and Donkey.

But I think I can safely say that everyone would be happy if some variants of Mario and Peach got yeeted so we can get Diddy and Dixie in the next main Mario Kart. Hell, even Pauline and E.Gadd. Maybe King Boo with the Luigi's Mansion design. Something that's actually interesting.
I don't see why we can't get more unique characters in mario kart tbh, it's not like smash where they would need a full unique moveset and whatever,

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, It seems the Wonderful 101 may finally come to Switch.

Doh in a really odd way:
What? How? Nintendo owns the IP?
this is interesting. A rumor popped up in 4chan away back talking about platinum. It said Nintendo refused to fund this port because of the poor sales of game. Platinum would have to find a way to fund it themselves to bring it over according to the rumor. Looks like that might be the cause after all. I hope so!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
this is interesting. A rumor popped up in 4chan away back talking about platinum. It said Nintendo refused to fund this port because of the poor sales of game. Platinum would have to find a way to fund it themselves to bring it over according to the rumor. Looks like that might be the cause after all. I hope so!
I still don’t know how they plan to get it on systems other then switch. Nintendo OWNS the IP. Like, this feels like a fake leak from someone who doesn’t know how IP rights work.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bought the Kombat Pack. Looking forward to playing as Joker and eventually Spawn! :grin:

Gonna get around to buying the Ace Attorney Trilogy on my Switch next week so I can start playing those games. At this point a fan of the series and will give Professor Layton a look as well under recommendation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bought the Kombat Pack. Looking forward to playing as Joker and eventually Spawn! :grin:

Gonna get around to buying the Ace Attorney Trilogy on my Switch next week so I can start playing those games. At this point a fan of the series and will give Professor Layton a look as well under recommendation.
I’m really excited to see how they handle Spawn. Depending on how well they do his cape it might finally be time for us to start asking for a Classic GoW style Spawn game.

Hopefully they announce KP2 soon. I really don’t want to see them drop support for this one comparatively early just because next gen is so close.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still don’t know how they plan to get it on systems other then switch. Nintendo OWNS the IP. Like, this feels like a fake leak from someone who doesn’t know how IP rights work.
Who says Nintendo owns it anymore?

That entire franchise has been silent the past few years. Who knows what Nintendo did, maybe platinum got it back because Nintendo didn’t think it would be successful. We have no idea. The fact multiple insiders and sources are backing them on this is very interesting and I kinda doubt they don’t know how this works. Gamexplain doesn’t report things unless they have solid evidence. Never forget they refused to cover the grinch leak at all because they knew it was fake

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m really excited to see how they handle Spawn. Depending on how well they do his cape it might finally be time for us to start asking for a Classic GoW style Spawn game.

Hopefully they announce KP2 soon. I really don’t want to see them drop support for this one comparatively early just because next gen is so close.
Given Spawn is coming out in March I imagine it'll be sometime around that time perhaps?

Also new predictions for Kombat Pack 2.

Doom Slayer: Teased by Ed Boon and given Spawn is coming out in March is when the next Kombat Pack comes out which is when Eternal releases.
Michael Myers: Every new MK installment has had an slasher icon. MK11 had Freddy, MKX had Jason and Leatherface so Myers is the next logical choice especially in terms of popularity and also to promote Halloween Kills which is coming this year.
Original Mortal Kombat character: Same as Nitara.
Nitata: Due to the new live-action Mortal Kombat movie in the beginning of next year which she'll be in.

I'm assuming Milenna might be among them given the demand of fans wanting her back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also TW101 going multi platform makes it third party now.

Fighters pass is mostly third parties.

2nd pass is coming

“insert it’s all coming together here because the ****ing uploaded is on fire again.”

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom