• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I’m really excited to see how they handle Spawn. Depending on how well they do his cape it might finally be time for us to start asking for a Classic GoW style Spawn game.

Hopefully they announce KP2 soon. I really don’t want to see them drop support for this one comparatively early just because next gen is so close.
I honestly expect a KP2 announcement March 8th at Final Kombat.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kombat Pack 2:
Ash Williams
Doom Slayer
Fujin
Michael Myers
Original Mortal Kombat character
Sheeva

Mileena's the only one I can think of currently being in Kombat Pack 3. That or Fujin, Sheeva or Nitara (Since she's gonna be in the new Mortal Kombat movie).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who says Nintendo owns it anymore?

That entire franchise has been silent the past few years. Who knows what Nintendo did, maybe platinum got it back because Nintendo didn’t think it would be successful. We have no idea. The fact multiple insiders and sources are backing them on this is very interesting and I kinda doubt they don’t know how this works. Gamexplain doesn’t report things unless they have solid evidence. Never forget they refused to cover the grinch leak at all because they knew it was fake
The one thing that makes me wonder about that is the spirits in Smash. If PlatinumGames owned the IP now, then why would nintendo pay to license it for those spirts when it was very much a failed series? Like, those spirits only make sense as “eh, just throw em in, we’re not doing anything else with the IP”. At least, that’s how I see it.

I very well think it could be real. But I doubt it’s coming to PS4. It will still be just for Switch. I guarantee it.

And I still refuse to believe anything GameExplain says until he actually owns up to being a leaker.
Given Spawn is coming out in March I imagine it'll be sometime around that time perhaps?

Also new predictions for Kombat Pack 2.

Doom Slayer: Teased by Ed Boon and given Spawn is coming out in March is when the next Kombat Pack comes out which is when Eternal releases.
Michael Myers: Every new MK installment has had an slasher icon. MK11 had Freddy, MKX had Jason and Leatherface so Myers is the next logical choice especially in terms of popularity and also to promote Halloween Kills which is coming this year.
Original Mortal Kombat character: Same as Nitara.
Nitata: Due to the new live-action Mortal Kombat movie in the beginning of next year which she'll be in.

I'm assuming Milenna might be among them given the demand of fans wanting her back.
I still buy into the datamine from the Switch version, meaning we’re getting Ash, Fujin, and Sheeva. Following that up, I’m ver confident in an original character from the movie, Micheal Myers, and doomslayer. As much as I want Nitara, I only think she’ll get in if the movie doesn’t have any OCs to add.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The one thing that makes me wonder about that is the spirits in Smash. If PlatinumGames owned the IP now, then why would nintendo pay to license it for those spirts when it was very much a failed series? Like, those spirits only make sense as “eh, just throw em in, we’re not doing anything else with the IP”. At least, that’s how I see it.

I very well think it could be real. But I doubt it’s coming to PS4. It will still be just for Switch. I guarantee it.

And I still refuse to believe anything GameExplain says until he actually owns up to being a leaker.

I still buy into the datamine from the Switch version, meaning we’re getting Ash, Fujin, and Sheeva. Following that up, I’m ver confident in an original character from the movie, Micheal Myers, and doomslayer. As much as I want Nitara, I only think she’ll get in if the movie doesn’t have any OCs to add.
I'm not feeling Cole Turner. I think we're getting Havik. His assist was removed from the game, and a similar thing happened with Enchantress in I2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The new movie is getting an original character and honestly I can see both being added. Maybe one of them in the second Kombat Pack then the other for the third.

Now that I think about it. I can see Cyrax and Sektor being in Kombat Pack 3 perhaps.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also TW101 going multi platform makes it third party now.

Fighters pass is mostly third parties.

2nd pass is coming

“insert it’s all coming together here because the ****ing uploaded is on fire again.”

:p
Honestly..... I’d be kind of upset if it went multi plat. Nintendo already has so few ips that I actually like, so I want every exclusives I can get to actually feel like my Switch was worth the purchase. Wonderful 101 going to ps4 negates that. And that saddens me.

And if W101 Han go multiplayers, then maybe Bayonetta 3 could as well, and that was one of the reasons I bought the damn switch in the first place.

I'm not feeling Cole Turner. I think we're getting Havik. His assist was removed from the game, and a similar thing happened with Enchantress in I2.
Wait what? Who’s Cole Turner?

And as much as I like Havik, we already have three from the datamine and I fully expect the next pack to have three guest characters as well. So unfortunately there’s only one spot for another MK character.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Honestly..... I’d be kind of upset if it went multi plat. Nintendo already has so few ips that I actually like, so I want every exclusives I can get to actually feel like my Switch was worth the purchase. Wonderful 101 going to ps4 negates that. And that saddens me.

And if W101 Han go multiplayers, then maybe Bayonetta 3 could as well, and that was one of the reasons I bought the damn switch in the first place.

Wait what? Who’s Cole Turner?

And as much as I like Havik, we already have three from the datamine and I fully expect the next pack to have three guest characters as well. So unfortunately there’s only one spot for another MK character.
Yes. We have Fujin, Sheeva, and Ash. That's two MK characters, and one guest character. I'm saying the third MK character is Havik. Cole Turner is the original character from the MK movie. I don't think he will be in this pack.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They have a somewhat similar aesthetic, but I think it's disingenuous to say they're the same. They're pretty different functionally.
And only the original is fun to play on

They seriously couldn't have gone anywhere else for a new Sonic stage for Wii U?

Or made a new one for Ultimate? PAC-MAN and Sonic could've done great things with a new stage in Ultimate.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fun Fact: The Back To the Future NES theme actually was Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News. Said song appeared in the movie. However, some programmer somehow jacked up the speed to the crack levels we hear now. The same thing happened with Johnny B. Goode in the same game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes. We have Fujin, Sheeva, and Ash. That's two MK characters, and one guest character. I'm saying the third MK character is Havik. Cole Turner is the original character from the MK movie. I don't think he will be in this pack.
Disagree I guess. Making an original character for their movie and then putting him in the game is just such an on brand NRS move.

Havik and Nitara are definitely on the table for KP3, if there is one.

And I just don’t see Mileena coming back in this title. Like, at all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd argue Mega Man carries just as much on his shoulders. A stage, two assist trophies, so many spirits (almost as much as Pokemon) including the one of only two Master Spirits, just as many assist trophies as Sonic (and one more if you count cut assists), a LOT of music, and the most remixed tracks, and a stage boss.

He's also required to unlock in World of Light, unlike Sonic.
:ultsnake:and an AT, a single stage, 11 songs, 26 spirits, and Codecs...sadly died by the hands of Konami for a short while, now a finished series, lost his thiccness, but was the first of many to get in as a 3rd party rep, disappeared for a decade
:ultsonic: and two ATs, two stages, 20 songs, 23 spirits, longest run as a 3rd party rep in Smash, closest connection to Nintendo via Mario, 2 Mii costumes, important to the WoL, saved all of Nintendo in the SSE, has the most games represented in Smash through songs, most connections to other Nintendo and most 3rd parties outside of Smash, served the first gaming war
:ultmegaman: and two ATs, a single stage, 4 Mii costumes, 31 or so songs, 57 spirits, close connection to Nintendo, got the biggest rep boast in Ultimate out of the bunch, was also dead for a short bit, no importance in WoL, one of the most hyped newcomers in Smash history, maybe the face of Capcom, has a boss fight
:ultpacman: and two stages, an AT, technically 2 items, 11 songs, a gaming legend...and not much else to work with
:ultryu::ultken: and an AT, 36 songs...tho also not that many songs, a whole section dedicated to them in WoL, 4th biggest fighting game of all time...Smash topped it sales wise, 27 spirits, not much needed to be said as they also have 2 final smashes, a first for Smash
:ultsimon::ultrichter: and an AT, a stage, first to debut 2 3rd parties in their debut game, boss fight, important for WoL, an item, 34 songs, 29 spirits

yeah...still see Sonic as the face of 3rd parties

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finally pinned down my official predictions.

Kombat Pack 2:
Ash Williams
Cyrax
Doom Slayer (Ed Boon teased him on his Twitter, Eternal comes out in March and the franchise has been getting an resurgence in popularity)
Fujin
Michael Myers (Each new installment has had an slasher character appear with Freddy in MK11 and MKX with Jason and Leatherface so Myers makes the next most logical choice)
Nitara (Due to new live-action film beginning of next year)

Kombat Pack 3:
Deathstroke (Just a hunch given Joker's inclusion and Warner Bros. owning both DC and Mortal Kombat)
Havik
Mileena
Original Mortal Kombat character (Same as Nitara)
Sheeva
Sektor

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also just gonna throw this in here

While the mode effectively encourages players to use almost every character in the game, it is possible to complete World of Light saving as few as twenty-one characters, or barely one-fourth of the base roster, with only Kirby, Mario, Fox, Bowser, Simon, Pit, Samus, Sonic, Zelda, Young Link, Cloud, Ganondorf, Greninja, Ike, Meta Knight, Roy, Dark Samus, Bayonetta, Palutena, and one of the following pairs of fighters (Marth and Pac-Man, Sheik and Yoshi, or Villager and Lucario) being mandatory to reach the true ending.

so yeah...Mega Man isn’t needed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also just gonna throw this in here

While the mode effectively encourages players to use almost every character in the game, it is possible to complete World of Light saving as few as twenty-one characters, or barely one-fourth of the base roster, with only Kirby, Mario, Fox, Bowser, Simon, Pit, Samus, Sonic, Zelda, Young Link, Cloud, Ganondorf, Greninja, Ike, Meta Knight, Roy, Dark Samus, Bayonetta, Palutena, and one of the following pairs of fighters (Marth and Pac-Man, Sheik and Yoshi, or Villager and Lucario) being mandatory to reach the true ending.

so yeah...Mega Man isn’t needed
Except it’s also the quickest and most fun way to unlock everyone so.....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i have yet to see someone who fully dedicated themselves to unlock characters that aren't through the Spirit World

at first i was mad that smash bros made all the unlockables so easy and gave us everyone from the start in smash 4

and then i realized how i took it for granted

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another thing to definitely look forward too this year. The next batch of DLC characters in Kombat Pack 2 for MK11!

March will be just as exciting with that, Spawn coming out for MK11, Bloodshot and My Spy.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I flipped back and forth between World of Light and Classic Mode while unlocking, and I've gotta say I had more fun when I was unlocking in Classic. Not knowing who I was about to get made it all way more interesting.

I say all that though as someone who had WoL done in that first weekend, having put 25 hours into it (I didn't get 100% until recently though).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
i have yet to see someone who fully dedicated themselves to unlock characters that aren't through the Spirit World

at first i was mad that smash bros made all the unlockables so easy and gave us everyone from the start in smash 4

and then i realized how i took it for granted
It helps to do a bunch of matches with friends, it's what I did.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
:ultsnake:and an AT, a single stage, 11 songs, 26 spirits, and Codecs...sadly died by the hands of Konami for a short while, now a finished series, lost his thiccness, but was the first of many to get in as a 3rd party rep, disappeared for a decade
:ultsonic: and two ATs, two stages, 20 songs, 23 spirits, longest run as a 3rd party rep in Smash, closest connection to Nintendo via Mario, 2 Mii costumes, important to the WoL, saved all of Nintendo in the SSE, has the most games represented in Smash through songs, most connections to other Nintendo and most 3rd parties outside of Smash, served the first gaming war
:ultmegaman: and two ATs, a single stage, 4 Mii costumes, 31 or so songs, 57 spirits, close connection to Nintendo, got the biggest rep boast in Ultimate out of the bunch, was also dead for a short bit, no importance in WoL, one of the most hyped newcomers in Smash history, maybe the face of Capcom, has a boss fight
:ultpacman: and two stages, an AT, technically 2 items, 11 songs, a gaming legend...and not much else to work with
:ultryu::ultken: and an AT, 36 songs...tho also not that many songs, a whole section dedicated to them in WoL, 4th biggest fighting game of all time...Smash topped it sales wise, 27 spirits, not much needed to be said as they also have 2 final smashes, a first for Smash
:ultsimon::ultrichter: and an AT, a stage, first to debut 2 3rd parties in their debut game, boss fight, important for WoL, an item, 34 songs, 29 spirits

yeah...still see Sonic as the face of 3rd parties
All I'm seeing is that they're all really important. You can see it like that if you want, but it seems like you're downplaying the importance of the other third parties. Remember, Mega Man was the first third party fighter revealed for Smash 4 too. Capcom's got way more content in Smash than Sega does too. It doesn't really matter, though.

Disagree. I find fighting the newcomers far more fun, and rewarding to earn them via skill.

Secondly, I unlocked them faster than I was able to beat World of Light just by playing Smash mode.

D

Deleted member

Youtube reccomended me a cool video so I said "Why not? Let's share it"

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Fun is subjective, but the fastest way to unlock all characters (unless it was patched out) is to play one versus match, close the software, and open it again. Instead of getting one character every (IIRC) 10 minutes you would get one after every match that way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It helps to do a bunch of matches with friends, it's what I did.
I think that unlocking characters at its prime between Melee and Brawl felt rewarding. Unlocking about 15 - 20 characters felt rewarding. In Smash 4, only needing to unlock 5 characters or so felt unnecessary. Unlocking over 50 characters, however, felt ****ing tedious. I know I wanted to main Ryu and Little Mac again and yet they were some of the last characters I unlocked in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m having alot of trouble atm trying to figure out how to make new sprites that don’t look like garbage, and figuring out how to make them work without looking like a jumbled mess of colors. Will probably be a few more days before I can even start recording.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm just gonna say that Sonic is the face of 3rd parties because Sonic actually broke the internet when revealed. He had his own trailer when returning to Smash 4, and unlike Charizard or Falcon, it wasn't shared with another character. This is the 3rd game he appeared in, so he obviously isn't going to be as special anymore, but he had the longest run out of all the 3rd Parties, and he set in stone the amount of content people expect out of a 3rd Party franchise, which is a reason why people are so dissapointed with Final Fantasy representation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I flipped back and forth between World of Light and Classic Mode while unlocking, and I've gotta say I had more fun when I was unlocking in Classic. Not knowing who I was about to get made it all way more interesting.

I say all that though as someone who had WoL done in that first weekend, having put 25 hours into it (I didn't get 100% until recently though).
That’s something I never quite understood. Like, the only time I care about surprises is like... plot.
All I'm seeing is that they're all really important. You can see it like that if you want, but it seems like you're downplaying the importance of the other third parties. Remember, Mega Man was the first third party fighter revealed for Smash 4 too. Capcom's got way more content in Smash than Sega does too. It doesn't really matter, though.

Disagree. I find fighting the newcomers far more fun, and rewarding to earn them via skill.

Secondly, I unlocked them faster than I was able to beat World of Light just by playing Smash mode.
Is it skill? You still have to actually fight them in WoL, and all it really is is winning a bunch of fights over and over again no matter the mode. I marathoned and beat WoL in like, a night.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Classic Mode was a better way to unlock people tbh. Multiple different bosses and routes with special things for a good amount of them
trust me, it ain’t about downplaying the others, it’s moreso about this...
I'm just gonna say that Sonic is the face of 3rd parties because Sonic actually broke the internet when revealed. He had his own trailer when returning to Smash 4, and unlike Charizard or Falcon, it wasn't shared with another character. This is the 3rd game he appeared in, so he obviously isn't going to be as special anymore, but he had the longest run out of all the 3rd Parties, and he set in stone the amount of content people expect out of a 3rd Party franchise, which is a reason why people are so dissapointed with Final Fantasy representation.
this...all about this...this is why he’s the face of the 3rd parties
That’s something I never quite understood. Like, the only time I care about surprises is like... plot.

Is it skill? You still have to actually fight them in WoL, and all it really is is winning a bunch of fights over and over again no matter the mode. I marathoned and beat WoL in like, a night.
thats dedication there. I didn’t **** with the mode until I ran through all the Classic Mode routes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What's everyone's favorite 3rd party as well as 3rd party reveal?

Mine would be:ultbanjokazooie:for both.
Sonic for both due to Brawl introducing me to him, followed by Banjo out of respect and Joker due to the introduction to the character

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I thonk the difference between beating them in WoL and Classic is that you have Spirits to make them easier in WoL.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

My favorite 3rd party in the game is :ult_terry:, he's just tons of fun to play. I barely knew anything about him or FF/KoF before his reveal, but I've really come to enjoy both him and his series since.
Favorite 3rd party reveal is a bit tougher since I've usually favored 1st party characters. I'll probably say :ultmegaman: though, I hate playing as him in Smash, but I've always enjoyed the oldschool Mega Man games, and his difficult situation at the time made it feel pretty special. I hope Crash will take this spot before Ultimate is done and dusted though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just tried making a sprite and when I went to resize the canvas it became a jumbled mess of colors
:drohyou:
**** it, going back to the cliffhnger plot I was going to do, but changed my mind on, and now am doing it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

My favorite 3rd party would have to be Joker. He’s very fun to play overall. As for my favorite reveal, probably. Terry. It was a very fun and entertaining and it’s one of the most unique ones in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom