• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
First thoughts on Tokyo mirage sessions:

I like how the first two party member's "Personas" in this share the same English voices as the two best characters in Persona 5 (Chrom=Yusuke, Caeda=Makoto)

And I love how the best friend character that Persona games have is also the red cavalier that Fire emblem games have.

D

Deleted member

Been working on Pixel Art for awhile now, What do you think?

Drive Check! Critical Trigger!
download (1) (2).gif

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey so don't you need Bank to make the most of Home?
5+15+20= 35
You're literally paying more to fully utilize this than the DLC, try telling little Tinmy he can't bring his 3 year old Pokemon without coughing up thirty-****in-five smackaroos. No wonder people often go for genning

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
My black lab is mixed with a Chow.

He's a bit of a clingy and energetic thing. Also loud and likes to lick everything.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Our family used to have an Australian Terrier, but they're not that known outside of ... well ... Australia, which isn't where my family lived used to though, before I was born

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, the thread title's changed again. Since when has staindgrey staindgrey been a fan of this "Altair" series?

BTW, I changed up my avatar profile in celebration of the Fighters Pass being finally complete.

....FIGHTERS PASS RULES! FIGHTERS PASS RULES! FIGHTERS PASS RULES!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, the thread title's changed again. since when has staindgrey staindgrey been a fan of this "Altair" series?
A really quick google search says it’s either a giant A-class star or a company that specializes in chemical synthesis

so, uh...idk

edit: Looked agin, could also be a glasses company, a Python(not the animal, the coding language) joke, and an anime apparently. Gonna assume it’s the anime being referenced unless Staind says otherwise, because everything else doesn’t seem like something they would reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know something I just kind of noticed that has me confused? There was one month between games launch and :ultpiranha:’s. Then three between :ultpiranha:’s and :ultjoker:’s (although technically 2 because he released on January 29th). Three again between :ultjoker: and :ulthero:, then down to two months between each of the remaining ones. Why the sudden change in timeframe? And no matter when they’re revealed, we won’t actually have fighter 6 in our hands until March or April.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
You know something I just kind of noticed that has me confused? There was one month between games launch and :ultpiranha:’s. Then three between :ultpiranha:’s and :ultjoker:’s (although technically 2 because he released on January 29th). Three again between :ultjoker: and :ulthero:, then down to two months between each of the remaining ones. Why the sudden change in timeframe? And no matter when they’re revealed, we won’t actually have fighter 6 in our hands until March or April.
I'd imagine that Joker and Hero were a bit more time consuming to work on considering for one you need two versions of one moveset and for the other you need to balance around 20 special moves. Banjo, comparatively is a lot simpler, Terry was likely already being worked on at least after Joker was done, and Byleth, like Banjo seems pretty simple. All speculation on my part though

D

Deleted member

Probably just a coincidence because Nintendo’s staff would have to be braindead to only work on one fighter at a time. Not saying 2 of them are being coded and modeled at the same time, but maybe while :ultpiranha: was being developed :ultjoker: was getting concept art and brainstorming done on his potential movepool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd imagine that Joker and Hero were a bit more time consuming to work on considering for one you need two versions of one moveset and for the other you need to balance around 20 special moves. Banjo, comparatively is a lot simpler, Terry was likely already being worked on at least after Joker was done, and Byleth, like Banjo seems pretty simple. All speculation on my part though
Nice explanation. 10/10. Five stars.
Probably just a coincidence because Nintendo’s staff would have to be braindead to only work on one fighter at a time. Not saying 2 of them are being coded and modeled at the same time, but maybe while :ultpiranha: was being developed :ultjoker: was getting concept art and brainstorming done on his potential movepool.
Well yeah, I’m not saying it took them exactly two month to work on a character. At the same time, it did not take them a whole year to make Byleth. So the development of each character is likely staggered. I imagine they start working on around two characters at once and then start another when one enters bug testing.

D

Deleted member

God, I remember years ago someone in another forum was convinced that Pokken Tournament was coming to PS4. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has some kind of license for Pokemon
For pokemon, yes, but for other games GF can do whatever they want, if I recall correctly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ive been reminded of how anticlimactic Terry’s final smash is

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
its been 2 days but I just have a feeling Im never going to get a call
2 days isn't that much time. I wouldn't lose hope yet.

Give it a week, then call them back and politely ask if they've been able to review your application. Then wait another week. If it's been 2 weeks in total and you haven't heard anything back, it's prime time to look at other jobs.

But I wouldn't give up on that job & organization yet. Still early.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What rulesets are we using for arenas tonight? I'm fine with anything because I'm a casual player, but I'd still like to know in advance what people plan on doin'.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is Byleth out yet?
God, I remember years ago someone in another forum was convinced that Pokken Tournament was coming to PS4. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has some kind of license for Pokemon
Not just some kind of licence. Nintendo OWNS part of the IP. They share the trademark with TPC and GameFreak and no way are they gonna let that exclusivity slip away.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
****, I'll be at work...
I have to go to bed by then! I have today with nothing to do so I can play. Tomorrow I have class all day and then home to do. They said he would be out TODAY.
9pm est I believe, same time as Joker was
Why? Hero, Banjo, and Terry were all out earlier? Why would Byleth be out so late? Heck, why was Joker out so late?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
byleth ain't droping til 4PM PST/7 PM EST at the earliest

mostly due to the fact that European streams listed the 29th as the release date and... yeah they still got another 5 and a half hours or so before they hit that date there

my best bet tho is 6PM PST/ 9PM EST, much like Joker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom