• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So how did everyone's FEH Battle Ballot look like this year?

Here's mine:

Two votes for Takumi because he is my all time favorite Fire Emblem character.

Two votes for pre-timeskip Dimitri and post-timeskip Dimitri to show support for my favorite 3H Lord.

One vote for Chrom for my favorite lord who I feel deserves a CYL alt now that he is in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hate to be that guy considering I'm also not a fan of the monetization of core features but...

Not great reasoning, but it's something
Ideally, it'd come out of their own pockets instead of pouring money into overpriced, gaudy shirts nobody wants, or whatever Sleep is.

They have too much money as it is and should lose some, imo.

D

Deleted member

So how did everyone's FEH Battle Ballot look like this year?

Here's mine:

Two votes for Takumi because he is my all time favorite Fire Emblem character.

Two votes for pre-timeskip Dimitri and post-timeskip Dimitri to show support for my favorite 3H Lord.

One vote for Chrom for my favorite lord who I feel deserves a CYL alt now that he is in Smash.
hh.png

hate how this man just went and consumed the latter half of my 2019 like that

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Ideally, it'd come out of their own pockets instead of pouring money into overpriced, gaudy shirts nobody wants, or whatever Sleep is.

They have too much money as it is and should lose some, imo.
I kinda wanted the shirts until I saw the designs, honestly

Either way, I have a little more faith in TPCi after how much I enjoyed SwSh, and with the Pokedex updates to the game being free as well as there being actual updates to their newest game I think it's good enough forward momentum for Home. I won't be paying for it, but I'll still be getting it

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I hate to be that guy considering I'm also not a fan of the monetization of core features but...

Not great reasoning, but it's something
People believe they should just eat the cost because of how big Pokemon is.

Don't agree with that mindset personally, but eh, to each their own. I don't really wanna argue about it, because at the end of the day people are just gonna go through the same song and dance that started since NatDex. It's the same complaints, arguments, and insults from both sides played on loop and it's just gotten plain silly at this point. Buy it if you're gonna, don't if you're not, just respect each person's opinions and don't try to force your own on others as objective fact. That's really all I gotta say on the matter. :drshrug:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want to emphasize the numbers we're talking about here.

The data needed to store a single Pokémon is incredibly small. The proposed 6000 Pokémon total a whopping...1.5 mb. That's it. If we highball and assume the game has sold fifteen million copies, it would take 15 tb to store EVERYONE'S Pokémon in the world.

A fifteen tb harddrive is less than 600 dollars. That's the cost of just 40 premium Home subscriptions. To cover literally everyone.

It's highway robbery.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

The data needed to store a single Pokémon is incredibly small. The proposed 6000 Pokémon total a whopping...1.5 mb. That's it. If we highball and assume the game has sold fifteen million copies, it would take 15 tb to store EVERYONE'S Pokémon in the world.

A fifteen tb harddrive is less than 600 dollars. That's the cost of just 40 premium Home subscriptions. To cover literally everyone.

It's highway robbery.
I'm not sure it's the storage that's the problem, I'm pretty sure it's the access for over 15 million people, worldwide, maintained around the clock all containing separate instances of the program for each of these 15 million people, and that's also not counting the Let's Go and GO accounts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What shirts are you talking about?
They sold these premium 151 shirts a while back, one for each Kanto Mon, but my god so many of them were extremely tacky and gaudy. I think maybe five were good shirts.

This is because the patterns were lifted from minimalist computer wallpapers and then sold for about one hundred dollars.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And I'm saying they're too rich for me to care. If you're not offering something worth paying for, people shouldn't be expected to pay for it.

Bank was overpriced as it was. Pokémon data is incredibly small in the grand scheme of things. Google literally gives out enough free storage to each account so they could hold all the data Bank makes you pay for, and then some.

Just because something can be monetized doesn't mean it should.
It shouldn’t. But it always will be. Until a substantial change to the economic system happens of course.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We still don't have Byleth icons.

Big sad. :drsad:
There's no way for the female Byleth icon to be added until it gets ripped from the game, as far as I know. Not sure about the male Byleth icon, but maybe the ones from the website are of a lower quality compared to the one from the actual game? I'm not sure how the icon adding process works.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Dang, I'm looking at Legacy XP again for Brawl and it really is an amazing modpack. Like, Ultimate is always gonna be my main Smash game, but Brawl holds a special place for me so I'll probably always play it regularly alongside Ultimate, lol. Also, Legacy XP is the only place to play an actually good Waluigi mod so yeah.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not sure it's the storage that's the problem, I'm pretty sure it's the access for over 15 million people, worldwide, maintained around the clock all containing separate instances of the program for each of these 15 million people, and that's also not counting the Let's Go and GO accounts.
Maybe it's just me, but for a game with a big online component, I'd expect the developers to pay for server cost and not the consumers, especially since you already need to pay for Switch online.

Hell, there's literally no reason you can't have 6000 PC storage slots in the base game. Like I said, it amounts to only 1.5 mb of data.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's no way for the female Byleth icon to be added until it gets ripped from the game, as far as I know. Not sure about the male Byleth icon, but maybe the ones from the website are of a lower quality compared to the one from the actual game? I'm not sure how the icon adding process works.
Except they don’t use the ones from the game, they use the ones from the site (because they’re dissimilar). So if we can’t get it from the site we can’t get it at all. Unless someone on the staff wants to take the time to rip ALL the icons from the game and switch them all out.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's just me, but for a game with a big online component, I'd expect the developers to pay for server cost and not the consumers, especially since you already need to pay for Switch online.

Hell, there's literally no reason you can't have 6000 PC storage slots in the base game. Like I said, it amounts to only 1.5 mb of data.
Admittedly the server cost isn't an air tight reasoning and I fully understand that. I'm not intent to pay for the little I saw because it seems the transfer works regardless of whether or not you actually pay, which is all I care about. The can keep their box space and GTS paywalled because I'm not buying it

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It's highway robbery.
Highway robbery is Pokémon's business model. :chuckle: It's why I'm glad I haven't gotten too into it--mostly just sunk my time into Pokémon Go, while avoiding paying any money for it, to complete my Gen 1 Dex. That was assuming I could transfer all my Gen 1 mons to Gen 8, which turned out to be a mistake.

I don't know much about Pokémon Home--like a lot of things, it's pretty confusing to someone who isn't keeping up to date. But the difference between 30 and 6000 seems like it's quite a lot. Would someone be able to transfer all their Pokemon in batches of 30, or is it 30 transfers in total, for the free version? If the former, which I would expect, then that at least works for me. Despite that, being expected of Pokémon and potentially not needing the premium version, it's still not right from an initial impression. Especially for those who already have Pokémon stored in Pokémon Bank.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Tell me about it lol. I have a budget in place so that'll help.
Considering the type you got, hopefully your lab doesnt have the same problems mines had. Just a heads up, Seizures are herditarty, or at lease more common, in Labs so I hope your lab is a lucky one to not have gotten it

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Considering the type you got, hopefully your lab doesnt have the same problems mines had. Just a heads up, Seizures are herditarty, or at lease more common, in Labs so I hope your lab is a lucky one to not have gotten it
I'm praying for luck too.

The shelter I went to has all her vaccinations *extremely* up to date, so that's a good start. I'm hoping for a long life for my new pet.

I'll be showing off pics tomorrow lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm praying for luck too.

The shelter I went to has all her vaccinations *extremely* up to date, so that's a good start. I'm hoping for a long life for my new pet.

I'll be showing off pics tomorrow lol
there is also canine hip dysplasia which is also a thing Labs can have. Mine lived up to 10 but with all the health problems he had, He didnt live long after that. Hip Dysplasia is the worst though because he didnt start showing up until much later when he kept fallin'

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
there is also canine hip dysplasia which is also a thing Labs can have. Mine lived up to 10 but with all the health problems he had, He didnt live long after that. Hip Dysplasia is the worst though because he didnt start showing up until much later when he kept fallin'
I heard about hip dysplasia on animal planet.

She's a few years old so it's not a concern yet, but it will become a concern or at least something to think about when she ages a bit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 259976
hate how this man just went and consumed the latter half of my 2019 like that
faygo being consumed by Dimitri...now that sounds like heaven
I HAVE NEWS ON THE DOG ADOPTION PROCESS
The process is complete. I will officially become a dog owner tomorrow.
love and embrace the Doggo
What's a Wii U?
a prison that holds Super Mario 3D World hostage
A prototype for the Switch.
a very bad prototype that lead to perfection

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes I like to freak people out in food courts by sitting completely still and repeatedly raising my food to my mouth, not eating it, but still moving my mouth like I’m chewing. Like a stock animation for a video game side-character. I like to think that 2 out of every 15 people take it as proof that we live in a simulation.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sometimes I like to freak people out in food courts by sitting completely still and repeatedly raising my food to my mouth, not eating it, but still moving my mouth like I’m chewing. Like a stock animation for a video game side-character. I like to think that 2 out of every 15 people take it as proof that we live in a simulation.
Or they just think you’re insane.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I heard about hip dysplasia on animal planet.

She's a few years old so it's not a concern yet, but it will become a concern or at least something to think about when she ages a bit.
Yeah, its a shame with dogs that every health problem shows up when they start to get old and by then, lord knows if money would be an issue or not. Hopefully with your dog, it doesnt have a buffet of health problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom