• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Again. If you have the mentality that you cannot make a difference. Why bother fighting for any kind of cause. The apathy is numbing.
You can make a difference

But Nintendo's a juggernaut.

Look at how great Dexit worked out.

"Oh, I'm not going to buy the game, that'll show them!"

>Game was literally the fastest selling Switch title, period, and sold 3 million units in Japan alone.

You're a David against a Goliath, and you left your slingshot at home lmao.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
On a more positive note. I absolutely adore all the stage cameos we've been getting with the DLC stages.

Anyone have ideas for stage cameos they'd like to see for characters they want?
Too many to list, but I’ll name a few off the top of my head.
-Globox, Barbara and Teensies for Rayman’s stage
-Rottytops, Risky Boots, Sky, Bolo, Mimic, Mayor, and maybe the Barons for Shantae’s stage.
-Astaroth, Cervantes, Hilde, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Xianghua, Siegfried, Taki and any other characters with reasonable clothing choices for Nightmare’s stage

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

>Game was literally the fastest selling Switch title, period, and sold 3 million units in Japan alone.

Guess what though. I did not buy it either. I saved my money. Look at Star wars to see how this time of thing can roll into an issue for companies. Things take time and enough burned bridges will lead to issues. Right now I am salty as hell because I was super excited for the next character to get... another blue haired Fire emblem anime swordsman.

blah.

D

Deleted member

On a more positive note. I absolutely adore all the stage cameos we've been getting with the DLC stages.

If Bomberman somehow escapes his imprisonment, I'd be down with Bomberman 64 cameos or Max in the background. Will pop off hard if so.

Shroob

Sup?
Guess what though. I did not buy it either. I saved my money. Look at Star wars to see how this time of thing can roll into an issue for companies. Things take time and enough burned bridges will lead to issues. Right now I am salty as hell because I was super excited for the next character to get... another blue haired Fire emblem anime swordsman.

blah.
Well, it's your money and you're 100% entitled to your choice.

But the fact you're still going to throw money at the 2nd fighter's pass says they have a grip on ya, even if you don't want to admit to it lol.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well, it's your money and you're 100% entitled to your choice.

But the fact you're still going to throw money at the 2nd fighter's pass says they have a grip on ya, even if you don't want to admit to it lol.
That falls into maths.
there were 5 fighers. 4 out of the 5 were good. that is an 80/100.
That is passing numbers. One F does not break a solid record. But if we get another FE character, I am sure the FE mass will implode onto Nintendo.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Not really one for nihilism, but yeah, that's pretty much the most accurate way to describe this whole debacle.

D

Deleted member

Anyways are there any specific premium Mii Costumes any of you want? For me personally I would like to see a few of these:

-Premium Quote Mii Costume w/On to Grasstown (Remix)
-Premium Shovel Knight Mii Costume w/Strike the Earth!
-Premium Dovakinn Mii Costume w/Skyrim Main Theme
-(If no Geno as a playable character) Premium Geno Mii Costume w/Beware the Forests Mushrooms (Remix)

Particularly I would like 1, 2 and 4 the most (if Geno isn't playable).

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"Your next phrase will be:

The Pokemon DLC will add a new pseudo that's as marketable as Lucario!

TOIYAH!"
I believe it. Sword and Shield already has mint designs.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyways are there any specific premium Mii Costumes any of you want? For me personally I would like to see a few of these:

-(If no Geno as a playable character) Premium Geno Mii Costume w/Beware the Forests Mushrooms (Remix)
The odds of Scorpion and Sub-Zero being fighters are slim. But premium Mii Costumes would be sick.

But I will still float this idea. A Tifa costume for brawler, a barret costume for gunner, and a sephiroth costume for swordfighter, each with a new FFVII Music Track.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

gimme those cows, pigs, villagers, and the like for that minecraft stage

creepers, zombies, and skeletons would definitely be hazards

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Would be down for Quote but would infinitely prefer the main theme or opression.

Would also be happy with a TES costume but there's plenty of choices more interesting than Dovakinn.

D

Deleted member

Well... We'd probably already know about it so..... yay? Cautious yay? I'm sorry pappa Sakurai. Byleth is great. Please don't use the belt again.
Given how Three Houses is in the middle of receivibg DLC support, we're not getting a new mainline game for a while. You're safe now. The bad Byleth can't hurt you anymore.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Eh, you know, the usual, just bickering over FE's relevancy. I'm scared to bring up the numbers to showcase my own thoughts on the matter at hand...
FE is relevant. It is on the way to becoming Nintendo's next big series. Doubt it will join Zelda and Mario, but it is making a run.
FE needing a new blue haired anime swordsman in smash..... not so much.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Hollow Knight :ultswordfighter: but I don’t know what music would work.

Also I’d be very surprised if Quote didn’t come with this:
(Maybe it could change to Curly when on a female Mii)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All the stuff about Papageno make me kind glad I unsub mooooonths ago.

'cuz after a time, even though he was chill, his track record was getting meh-ish, with alot of "guys trust me, I know a person who know who the next character but I can't talk about it now, but lemme remind you that info again" and tendency to bring up one character everytime, like Banjo, Geno and from what I heard, Arle, even in rumor that don't fit.

So, hearing how bad his latest reaction was kinda make me think I made the good choice of jumping ship before it got really ugly.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's getting harder to root for my most wanted after all this. Who's gonna want Poochy immediately after Byleth? :yoshi:
I am pretty sure most people would have preferred Poochy to Byleth.
They would have wanted anyone that was not a FE swordsman.

Keep pushing for him. But given that Sakurai said the next batch is decided. Might not help.

Shroob

Sup?
There's a special place in hell for someone who wanted an 8th Fire Emblem character

Just for the salt

Does anyone smelling anything else burning? No? Just me?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Morning gentlemen.
Thought I'd do some writing before attending my meeting. Has everyone died down from Byleth yet?
Byleth will never die down. There will always be a touch of red whenever he is brought up. When people see him in the game their eyes will flash with the light of rage. If I ever see him in another Smash trailer there will always be an urge to tell him to go **** himself. Like it or not, Byleth's presence has caused a mass distortion in the public unconscious.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
What you say if they do, for any reason, make a fresh, new Smash Title? But with a twist.

Only ONE Character per series. For Balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom