• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
he passed that the first 30 seconds. He got so salty and toxic despite him saying he was content with banjo. It’s unlike any way I’ve seen him before. Like it was so bad that it was absolutely laughable and pitiful.
Sounds like my first reaction. I was fantasizing about destroying copies of 3 houses in unique and horifying ways and shooting byleth in the face. But my phone was dead so it stayed off the internet.

Shroob

Sup?
Sounds like my first reaction. I was fantasizing about destroying copies of 3 houses in unique and horifying ways and shooting byleth in the face. But my phone was dead so it stayed off the internet.
We've clearly passed the point of no return

And we should not keep going and see what happens.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What appalled me was Papa is usually chill about the newcomer scene. He's accepts people he's not into like Erdrick or Terry, because he knows at least someone would be down for it. To see him drop that mentality for 40 minutes honestly gave me the impression he's disingenuous about that mentality, and I'm not sure how to feel about it as an FE fan.

I never watched him for the reaction videos to begin with, but this gave me a new light of the dude.
How does it feel when the game you love garners THIS kind of reaction from people? You don't need to tell me. I already know.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My reaction was basically sully-mike face for a good 30 minutes.

But eh, love the fighter pass otherwise and am excited for another 6 characters. Plus, the next pass could filled entirely with characters I don't like but I'd still get it. Can't fathom not having all the Smash characters.

D

Deleted member

How does it feel when the game you love garners THIS kind of reaction from people? You don't need to tell me. I already know.
Well here's my issue. I'm fine if people don't like Three Houses and I'm long past desensitized that some people will loathe the **** out of it.

But what truly caught me off guard was Papagenos usually doesn't react with seething anger. It was very bizarre and almost out of character.

Shroob

Sup?
Well here's my issue. I'm fine if people don't like Three Houses and I'm long past desensitized that some people will loathe the **** out of it.

But what truly caught me off guard was Papagenos usually doesn't react with seething anger. It was very bizarre and almost out of character.
It was incredibly out of character.

He's gone on record to say he doesn't like some characters which, hey that's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But it's like he just collectively channeled Reddit and Twitter for 40 minute straight.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I don't understand why things have to be twisted to sound even worse. Like, let's not count any female character that's an alt or any female character with a male alt. Let's also ingore female clones or instances where the same entity is two or more different playable characters. We will, however, count all these instances for the male characters.

The oops just cracks me up way more than it should.
exactly this, alts count just as much. I would even say that sometimes the female ones are better. Female Byleth for example is much better. Cool hairstyle, has a bit more emotion then make Byleth and all around sn

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I'm like 4 minutes in and so far it's not.... that bad..... I wish he wasn't using so many buzzwords. But he's echoing a lot of the frustrations I felt.

6 minutes in and he's getting really bad now....

Okay, I'm starting to regret watching this.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
On a more positive note. I absolutely adore all the stage cameos we've been getting with the DLC stages.

Anyone have ideas for stage cameos they'd like to see for characters they want?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm like 4 minutes in and so far it's not.... that bad..... I wish he wasn't using so many buzzwords. But he's echoing a lot of the frustrations I felt.

6 minutes in and he's getting really bad now....

Okay, I'm starting to regret watching this.
We did warn you tbf.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seeing the Crash bosses and side-characters would be amazing.
Coco tapping away on her laptop, Pura jumping around, Polar... just sitting there. Yeah, the Crash characters would be great to see.

D

Deleted member

His reaction to Hero was pretty awful, though.
Tbf, everyone in that room followed speculation and knew Erdrick was coming--so Hero was no surprise, and two, clearly no one was a fan of it. I think they just wanted to watch at that point and see if anything came out to them.

I actually kinda snickered at his FE comment.

D

Deleted member

And I was like "there's no way it could be THAT bad". And honestly it's not. He doesn't like the game and he's not 100% in the wrong with what he's saying.... he's not even really seething. It's not even that unique of a complaint, he's just kind of repeating himself.
Seething anger for Papa might be mild annoyance to others. It was still out of character given he usually just goes with the flow. I'm speaking as a fan so i have the context for months he's generally a chill dude.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Fp5 was a terrible addition. I am salty over it. I say congrats to the fans, but it was not a character I was hoping for. ANY of he mii costumes (outside of sans) would have been a better choice for FP5. It is clearly for marketing. Tough for Nintendo. It did not work this time. I bought and loved Dragon Quest 11, but I refuse to get Censored Mirage FE or Three houses.

Will probably buy fighters pass 2 though. More characters is always fun and if I hate them, I can use them as practice and beat the **** out of them.

Shroob

Sup?
Fp5 was a terrible addition. I am salty over it. I say congrats to the fans, but it was not a character I was hoping for. ANY of he mii costumes (outside of sans) would have been a better choice for FP5. It is clearly for marketing. Tough for Nintendo. It did not work this time. I bought and loved Dragon Quest 11, but I refuse to get Censored Mirage FE or Three houses.

Will probably buy fighters pass 2 though. More characters is always fun and if I hate them, I can use them as practice and beat the **** out of them.
The fact that you already bought the first fighter's pass and plan to get the 2nd means they already won lol.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright I've got a theory for ya'll: PapaGenos seething anger (more like frustration to me than anything but y'know) isn't because it's Byleth so much, it's a combination of weariness from Fire Emblem and also the fact he didn't predict anything correctly. He's been in that scene too long and his judgement's been clouded by it.

On a lighter note, am I allowed to be disappointed that the Cuphead song they picked was one of the more... boring songs on the soundtrack? Sugarland Shimmy or The King's Court would've been a much better choice.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright I've got a theory for ya'll: PapaGenos seething anger (more like frustration to me than anything but y'know) isn't because it's Byleth so much, it's a combination of weariness from Fire Emblem and also the fact he didn't predict anything correctly. He's been in that scene too long and his judgement's been clouded by it.

On a lighter note, am I allowed to be disappointed that the Cuphead song they picked was one of the more... boring songs on the soundtrack? Sugarland Shimmy or The King's Court would've been a much better choice.
I woulda loved Hell of a Time or the song for Ribby and Croaks, but Botanic Panic is 'the' song that seems iconic to Cuphead, even if it's not my favorite in the slightest.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The fact that you already bought the first fighter's pass and plan to get the 2nd means they already won lol.
They won my smash money. But not my extra cash. No FE:TH and boring DLC. No censored FE. No more nintendo games for a while. Just will round out my smash and use it for the coming year. Axiom Verge 2 is coming out. Going to get excited for it.

D

Deleted member

I wanna agree, but Botanic Panic is the only song I actually remember from the soundtrack. It was probably the dancing flower.

Shroob

Sup?
They won my smash money. But not my extra cash. No FE:TH and boring DLC. No censored FE. No more nintendo games for a while. Just will round out my smash and use it for the coming year. Axiom Verge 2 is coming out. Going to get excited for it.
At the end of the day though, they still won lol.

We're all a drop in the bucket.

We can try to pretend that "I no buy, me good", but our piddly 60 bucks is literally what they roll their cigars in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hell they don’t even need the three houses purchases as the game already made bank

D

Deleted member

I would've liked "Die House":
But I like all of Cuphead's soundtrack so I'm not too disappointed at all.

As for Byleth yeah I'm personally not disappointed in him for a multitude of reasons but I can see how others can be but as long as they're civil about it I'm fine with them being disappointed, PapaGenos clearly crossed a line with civility. He's usually a very chill dude so to see him like this was awful I managed to get through all 40 minutes and jeez man it's just a video game calm down.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
At the end of the day though, they still won lol.

We're all a drop in the bucket.

We can try to pretend that "I no buy, me good", but our piddly 60 bucks is literally what they roll their cigars in.
I disagree. By this logic, to a political extension, people should not care about the environment because we are all just drops. Don't worry about waste or recycling. You do not matter in the long run for the environment. Go litter.

No it is more than that. Most people bought the first fighters pass last year. Now the second is coming and Nintendo will be eroding the good will built up. And they market to sell the other products, which this failed to do. So it is still a failure. No matter how you want to spin it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also now that Byleth is in, where’s my smash bro’s banner in fire emblem heroes?

Shroob

Sup?
I disagree. By this logic, to a political extension, people should not care about the environment because we are all just drops. Don't worry about waste or recycling. You do not matter in the long run for the environment. Go litter.

No it is more than that. Most people bought the first fighters pass last year. Now the second is coming and Nintendo will be eroding the good will built up. And they market to sell the other products, which this failed to do. So it is still a failure. No matter how you want to spin it.
They don't need to use Byleth to sell 3 Houses, that game already sold what, 3 million copies? Any bonus sales from Byleth are a literal bonus.

And Tokyo Mirage? That game's sales were never going to be blockbuster, censorship, or Byleth, or not.

I get you wanna think you're being this "Look at me, I'm making a difference", but I can assure you that they're able to bleed a few customers.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
They don't need to use Byleth to sell 3 Houses, that game already sold what, 3 million copies? Any bonus sales from Byleth are a literal bonus.

And Tokyo Mirage? That game's sales were never going to be blockbuster, censorship, or Byleth, or not.

I get you wanna think you're being this "Look at me, I'm making a difference", but I can assure you that they're able to bleed a few customers.
Again. If you have the mentality that you cannot make a difference. Why bother fighting for any kind of cause. The apathy is numbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom