• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I know this would be like, super op, but imagine if I’m Pokémon there was one Pokémon who’s the only one with a move that’s like “absorb all your opponents xp and distribute it to your party” but that mon was very hard to find. I can just imagine using it in the final battle, dropping Leon’s Charizard to level 1 and maxing out my team instantly.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Ok. I know this would be like, super op, but imagine if I’m Pokémon there was one Pokémon who’s the only one with a move that’s like “absorb all your opponents xp and distribute it to your party” but that mon was very hard to find. I can just imagine using it in the final battle, dropping Leon’s Charizard to level 1 and maxing out my team instantly.
Don't worry, they already added different levels of super OP. Mega Rayquaza was so strong, it was too powerful for the tier of competitive pokemon that's for pokemon that's too powerful for competitive pokemon and was banned from using it there

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
@JDCabrera am I the only one that thinks a Pokémon styled Ben 10 game would be interesting? It could showcase a lot of new transformations, and the turn based gameplay renders all aliens applicable in battle in a way previous beat em up systems in Ben 10 games do not. But with a specific character like Ben, you would be able to have a consistent narrative with characterization. Plus, characters like Gwen, Kevin, and Rook could also be playable with smaller collectable arsenals (gwen’s spells/charms, different materials for Kevin, proto-tool weapons for rook). I think it would be neat. There’s even multiple in universe explanations for why Ben’s aliens would be walking around to be “captured”. Heck, the same could be done for new aliens.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Thanks everyone! I'm rather enjoying myself today, although I was tired this morning, which wasn't very fun :p I feel better now though, which is great!

Happy birthday!

I still owe you a lot fot that Eight and Samus fan art!
I'm really glad you enjoy the art! It means a lot to me! I hope you don't feel obligated to do something for me in return though :laugh: The picture was just for fun, though I might start taking commissions in the future.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I haven't seen y'all all day and frankly that was a mistake cause I could use everything right now to get my mind off of what happened today (or technically yesterday).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Needs a little...... more

I dunno whether I trust that thing given its lack of teeth to gnaw at my throat with or not given that those claws can eviscerate me in an instant.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I dunno whether I trust that thing given its lack of teeth to gnaw at my throat with or not given that those claws can eviscerate me in an instant.
Oh no, Komodo Dragons have teeth, they can just be hard to see in a picture. They're more obvious when you see their skulls.

Fun Fact: Their saliva is also venomous.

But don't worry, they only sometimes attack humans.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F xD I have been playing some more Sticky Paws...and I have to say, I died so many times on the third level that I got the Assistance item to get around it, oh my God...I REALLY suck at this. I think only in one level (that I think was the fourth one, I got all the big fishes and I have been enjoying seeing more artwork. And I also died to the first Rat boss thingy...it took my by surprise and I ended up laughing at myself of how badly I did! I love it! :happysheep: @JDCabrera XD Ya lo pudiste jugar? La verdad es muy divertido!
Nah, don’t worry about it! The game can get a bit tough at times.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Up at 3 o’clock n the morn watching sad indie games gettin me all depressed n ****
If you wanna get depressed by sad indie games, then I recommend playing Escaped Chasm. It’s a pretty short game, but it is an enjoyable experience nonetheless.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What's the story about?
A woman who has many aspects of her life constantly changing. It starts with small things like the details of her neighbor's dog up to a co-worker's family life she might have miss-remembered to the books in her book shelf and it keeps getting worse and worse to where even her own personality and beliefs are being rewritten. It's sort of a play on bad continuity in writing :yoshi:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So.

I didn't hate Rise Of Skywalker. In fact, I found it pretty entertaining, especially the first half.

But oof. Rough, rough, rough. The editing especially is some of the worst editing I've seen in a major blockbuster in some time. Goes without saying it's also creatively bankrupt. As someone who liked the direction TLJ was beginning to take the series in, I was disappointed it pivoted away from those themes and ideas, but I knew that going in, having read the leaks months ago. Doing so also helped me keep my expectations in check, because lord help me,

I ****ing hate Reylo with every fiber of my being.

It was an enjoyable but ultimately toothless and by the numbers action/adventure blockbuster that just happened to be the finale to the Star Wars saga.

Kinda wish I could see Promare in theaters again.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So.

I didn't hate Rise Of Skywalker. In fact, I found it pretty entertaining, especially the first half.

But oof. Rough, rough, rough. The editing especially is some of the worst editing I've seen in a major blockbuster in some time. Goes without saying it's also creatively bankrupt. As someone who liked the direction TLJ was beginning to take the series in, I was disappointed it pivoted away from those themes and ideas, but I knew that going in, having read the leaks months ago. Doing so also helped me keep my expectations in check, because lord help me,

It was an enjoyable but ultimately toothless and by the numbers action/adventure blockbuster that just happened to be the finale to the Star Wars saga.

Reylo was just way too sudden, and it made little to no sense. I, too, hate it with every cell in my being.

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F xD I have been playing some more Sticky Paws...and I have to say, I died so many times on the third level that I got the Assistance item to get around it, oh my God...I REALLY suck at this. I think only in one level (that I think was the fourth one, I got all the big fishes and I have been enjoying seeing more artwork. And I also died to the first Rat boss thingy...it took my by surprise and I ended up laughing at myself of how badly I did! I love it! :happysheep: @JDCabrera XD Ya lo pudiste jugar? La verdad es muy divertido!
Hey, glad your enjoying it. LOL If you need any help, try taking it slower. I have this tendency to go really fast in platformer games, and it gets me killed a lot. LOL I hope that helps.

Also, if you pounce then follow up with a jump at just the right time, you will jump higher and pick up some speed. :)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So.

I think my biggest problem with it is how forced and lazy the ending is.

Rey lacked any meaningful chemistry with Luke and Leia across the whole trilogy, so having her adopt "Skywalker" as her name just irks me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I think I decided on what my next shiny hunt will be.

Now the question is will I wait for Pokemon Home to release so I can get my shiny charm, or will I do it charmless and hope I get stupid lucky like I did with Dreepy?

Charmless it is. Why do I do this to myself?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I've been thinking about BotW 2 a lot more lately, I need it.
Well as it stands it's probably going to be BotW 2 or Odyssey 2 as our Holiday 2020 game - I can't really think of any other Nintendo properties, that still seem likely to release in that timeframe, big enough to fill that slot

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A woman who has many aspects of her life constantly changing. It starts with small things like the details of her neighbor's dog up to a co-worker's family life she might have miss-remembered to the books in her book shelf and it keeps getting worse and worse to where even her own personality and beliefs are being rewritten. It's sort of a play on bad continuity in writing :yoshi:
Reminds me of the Mandela Effect.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well as it stands it's probably going to be BotW 2 or Odyssey 2 as our Holiday 2020 game - I can't really think of any other Nintendo properties, that still seem likely to release in that timeframe, big enough to fill that slot
Pokemon Ultra Sword/Shield.

tenor.gif

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I just read the latest One Piece chapter and holy **** what a twist. Man, this manga is amazing. It still continues to hook me in with excitement and anticipation even after all this time.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
According to Bulbapedia, Runerigus has a pretty cool origin.
Bulbapedia said:
Runerigus may be based on the Ingvar runestones, large stones engraved by Vikings used to commemorate the lives of notable people and events such as the Swedish Viking expedition to the Caspian Sea. Many of the rune stones discovered had a snake motif. Rune stones were also believed to have mystical properties that conveyed powers of protection, wealth, and victory. It may also be based on Apophis, the Egyptian God of chaos, who was often represented as a serpent.
I'm not sure if I buy the whole Apophis thing, but those Ingvar runestones definitely seem to have influenced the design. I mean just look at this one.
That curled tail sells it.

A lot of these stones seem cracked as well, just like Runerigus's body.
It also ties back to Cofagrigus's origins. While Cofagrigus resembles the tomb of Egyptian pharaohs, Runergris resembles the lesser known tombstones of viking warriors. Pretty neat. It's definitely up there with Dragapult as one of my new favorite pokemon of this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom