• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's already almost 12pm here, so gonna keep it brief and end it here;
What I meant by saying

Is that I'm not a fan of sports in general. The scrawy boi thing was just to highlight the disconnect for me; kinda hard to enjoy any specific sport if you don't know how the hell they work, much less have the strength to learn, physically speaking.
I get that. You do you.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I literally know next to nothing about hockey outside of "it's ice and a puck" so dunno where you got the impression I know how hockey(or sports in general) work.

I'm a scrawy boi, athletic sports aren't my thing.
I mean, even if a person knows nothing about something, words like “high tier” and “flashy” are pretty clear (unless English isn’t your language I suppose).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy Kwanzaa. I'm pretty sure I wished everyone a Merry Christmas early on in the day. I got MUA3, DMC5, SF Collection and the Fighter's Pass. Some other stuff too, but that's not game related. Like Kraven's Last Hunt.

-Terry's fun as hell. Easily one of my favorite characters, and honestly, I haven't tried the others yet cause I'm still fighting a lot with Terry. But I'll try the others soon. I kind of broke the promise to myself, but at the same time, I doubt the 5th character would be so bad I'd refuse to get the rest of it anyway.

- MUA3's pretty damn fun. I bit simpler than the other titles, but still good. I don't have all the characters yet, but I body bagged Green Goblin and a ton of other Spider-Man villains. I'll take on Kingpin soon to finish up the set. I was annoyed since I ran into a glitch where my team wouldn't change and it stuck to the GotG, who I sure as hell plan on avoiding from this point on.

- My main team is Spider-Man, Wolverine, Venom and Miles. Miles and Wolverine will get dropped once I get my hands on Psylocke and Storm, then my crew will be complete.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I mean, even if a person knows nothing about something, words like “high tier” and “flashy” are pretty clear (unless English isn’t your language I suppose).
That's what I was saying earlier, and also why I wanted to use those phrases: just to make things as clear as possible, really.
Makes things more fun to digest even if you are unfamiliar with the subject.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
has anyone here ever thought about how the Regular forms of Linoone/Farfech'd/Mr.Mime/Corsola are going to be forever outclassed by their new forms with their new evoloution?

just me? okay.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
200CC special cup does this thing where it will build you up with the first 3 tracks or so, giving you a semblance of hope (though not too much to the point where you're confident in winning), then proceed to whip out Rainbow Road and step on you, spit on you, and call you worthless.

It's the perfect cocktail of competent enough AI, RNG that can on occasion royally **** you over, and actual difficulty with the curves of Rainbow Road, that is all balanced so you keep convincing yourself you can do it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm gonna keep my padoru up for a while longer, because where I live Christmas doesn't end till like mid-January.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Had a fairly tame Christmas. Saw most of my family on my father's side, had a modest lunch, got my nephews to play a little of Ultimate, etc.

Got mostly gift cards for eBay, and a couple clothes. Did at least get everything that I asked for my list:

Ultimate NES: Guide to the SNES Library - The second coffee table book from Pat the NES Punk (it's HUGE & shiny). Covers/reviews every NA/PAL release/accessory for the system with some featurets focusing on contest/prototypes/cancelled titles, Super Famicom titles, and has articles from Game Journalists/Youtubers. I had to try hard to get this away from my Uncles who refused to put it down. Not as big of an SNES fan, so I can see myself reading this one more in-depth than the original. Depending on it's success/Pat's sanity, he's stated he'll most likely do a Game Boy book next; maybe TurboGrafx 16.

Gravity Falls Complete Series - Watched a few years ago after it finished airing and generally enjoyed it. Am happy that Disney did right by the series unlike the scattershot releases of the Disney Afternoon shows. Will re-watch probably sometime next year. My parents/family had a hard time believing it was a Disney property based on some Grunkle Stan clips I showed them.

Non Sequitur Day Calendar - We don't get it in our newspapers here in Michigan and I enjoy being able to cross/rip something off at the start of each day. It has a lot of direct cultural satire and indirect political satire with elements of The Far Side and has Calvin & Hobbs-style stories, just with a little girl & her horse.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now I've got that Avatar Change issue I get every once in a while. Don't know if I'll stick with this one, we'll see.

Noipoi

Howdy!
has anyone here ever thought about how the Regular forms of Linoone/Farfech'd/Mr.Mime/Corsola are going to be forever outclassed by their new forms with their new evoloution?

just me? okay.
Their evolutions are cooler though, so I don’t care. Besides, they get eviolite now.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wouldn't put too much thought into it when he still believes in Heroes vs. Villains after a pass full of heroes, one of which is literally named that.
I’m not saying it’s happening, it probably won’t. I was just saying he has pretty good taste in character picks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So long padoru, it was nice while it lasted.

At least it made me realize I missed Minato avatars.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They put Lance our today in Pokémon masters. They’ve been handing jewels out like crazy so I was stockpiling them for this event. Had 13000 and spent about 9000 of them. Got Blue first but then:
6821DE1F-2265-460F-8CC5-4418B2A453DD.png

I got lance! He had a boosted rate too up to 10 percent instead of the usual two. So essentially he’s a legendary hero banner. Not that I’m complaining. That’s pretty good on the masters team to keep everyone a pretty good chance to get a fan favorite.

going to have fun using him

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I ****ING DID IT I GOT 1ST PLACE IN 200CC SPECIAL CUP NEVER A-****ING-GAIN
They put Lance our today in Pokémon masters. They’ve been handing jewels out like crazy so I was stockpiling them for this event. Had 13000 and spent about 9000 of them. Got Blue first but then:
View attachment 254579
I got lance! He had a boosted rate too up to 10 percent instead of the usual two. So essentially he’s a legendary hero banner. Not that I’m complaining. That’s pretty good on the masters team to keep everyone a pretty good chance to get a fan favorite.

isn't that dudes signature move actually called "war crime"

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I got him as well. It's a bummer that he has no stat boosting moves, but it'll be fun to nuke things with Hyper Beam. I'm so glad they're finally starting to branch out and give us 5 Stars of some much needed typings. After next week, with Cynthia & Sogaleo being released, only Fairy types will be still be sorely missing (how do we only have 1 Fairy user four months into the game!?). Hopefully Diantha(?) will come out in February.

Also got the OG best girl, Kris, after all this time. I spent at least 9000 gems on her event and got nothing. I've been needing a good Water user for a long time. :love:

All of these updates are really starting to flesh out the game. It's so much easier to obtain gems & items, with a lot of QoL issues being addressed such as Super Courses and co-op lag (somewhat). I know after the Bingo update the other day, I went from 5000 gems to 16000 in just a few hours.

Ethan & Leaf come out next month as well, so I hope I don't have to spend too many gems to get Cynthia. Leaf & Eevee are looking to be the new best Support pair due to Baton Pass-style shenanigans. Hopefully the 10% offering rate for 5 Stars stays going forward; a lot of challenges/events almost require them.

The developer notes have hinted at plans/updates/new modes going up to April. I'm glad they're listening to feedback.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just got a female Eevee in Shield. What’s the quickest rout I can take to a Sylveon?

Also, where can u get a Hatterene?
Get the Eevee to be pretty friendly towards you. So play with it in camp, feed it, try not to let it faint. Then level it up while knowing a fairy type move.

Hatenna can be caught in the Motostoke Outskirts. Just outside Galar Mine No. 2.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got him as well. It's a bummer that he has no stat boosting moves, but it'll be fun to nuke things with Hyper Beam. I'm so glad they're finally starting to branch out and give us 5 Stars of some much needed typings. After next week, with Cynthia & Sogaleo being released, only Fairy types will be still be sorely missing (how do we only have 1 Fairy user four months into the game!?). Hopefully Diantha(?) will come out in February.

Also got the OG best girl, Kris, after all this time. I spent at least 9000 gems on her event and got nothing. I've been needing a good Water user for a long time. :love:

All of these updates are really starting to flesh out the game. It's so much easier to obtain gems & items, with a lot of QoL issues being addressed such as Super Courses and co-op lag (somewhat). I know after the Bingo update the other day, I went from 5000 gems to 16000 in just a few hours.

Ethan & Leaf come out next month as well, so I hope I don't have to spend too many gems to get Cynthia. Leaf & Eevee are looking to be the new best Support pair due to Baton Pass-style shenanigans. Hopefully the 10% offering rate for 5 Stars stays going forward; a lot of challenges/events almost require them.

The developer notes have hinted at plans/updates/new modes going up to April. I'm glad they're listening to feedback.
Nice congrats. I didn’t know leaf had eevee. That’s pretty interesting. I did see that their. Banner does not have the pokefair rates according to The datamine though.

The bingo and other quality of life cha he’s are really good and actually helped me get a lot of the gems I used here. Going to try for Cynthia nextt when she goes live. I’ve got to do some training and grinding though but it shouldn’t be too bad. I’m looking forward to see how else they improve the game going forth.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now that the Padoru curse is over, maybe I'll no longer have a weeb avatar!

....****, nevermind.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did the alphabet have a specific order before the invention of the alphabet song?

This question and more during: NOIPOI at 4 AM.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Did the alphabet have a specific order before the invention of the alphabet song?

This question and more during: NOIPOI at 4 AM.

Stay tuned.
More: Are there alphabet songs for alphabets other than the Latin alphabet?

Arabic and Cyrillic would be easy but imagine learning a song to memorize 2000 kanji.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

just me? okay.
Regular Mr. Mime still holds a niche in that it has better special bulk/defensive typing + Filter, and Soundproof (thus immune to Perish Song, making it a meme Baton Pass team staple). :122:

Truthfully even with the ability to hold an Eviolite + having 10 more base HP and Speed in base stat total, Galar Mr. Mime is still screwed by Ice typing, not as good utility on its abilities and the fact for whatever reason they decided to give it -30 Sp. Def/-10 Sp. Attack in exchange for +20 Attack (bringing it to 65) when it has abysmal coverage in comparison. Galar form loses out on Mystical Fire, elemental punches not named Ice Punch, Magical Leaf (which gets boosted by Technician) and instead gets Ice moves and... Screech and Stomping Tantrum, for some reason.

As for the evolution, Mr. Rime is an interesting evo in that it gets the slower + bulkier/stronger stat spread and just barely edges out Kanto Mr. Mime in Sp. Attack, but it's not winning any awards in either physical offense or defensive typing to warrant being a slow Ice type (though at least it isn't as slow as Frosmoth or either Arcto fossil). :drsad: If nothing else, its idle/walking animations are amazing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finally unlocked Chazz in Duel Links, comes with a full set of Ojamas.

I get Ojama Blue at Level 10, and that's my 3rd copy after using the tickets for OjamXYZ setup cards plus other staples like floodgate and hand traps.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I think I reached the point of wanting to try out Emulators because the various hacks interest me. Only problems are me being lazy in regards to hooking up my Switch Pro Controller (something tells me I can't just plug it into the USB slot to play it wired) and the emulator I'm interested in being Higan which I hear is annoying to setup (I think it's in regards to GBA games and the various hacks for SNES and GBA games, but I don't know **** about emulation since I never tried it and only gained an interest some time after getting my new computer)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Japans reaction to that annoying FEH owl returning is gold
Capture+_2019-12-26-07-54-10.png

200CC special cup does this thing where it will build you up with the first 3 tracks or so, giving you a semblance of hope (though not too much to the point where you're confident in winning), then proceed to whip out Rainbow Road and step on you, spit on you, and call you worthless.

It's the perfect cocktail of competent enough AI, RNG that can on occasion royally **** you over, and actual difficulty with the curves of Rainbow Road, that is all balanced so you keep convincing yourself you can do it.
the brake is there for a reason. It became even more important with 200cc

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. Gotta change my Avatar soon.

Honestly? I like so many pictures that it's hard for me to decide whenever I have to choose an Avatar.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Christmas is nice and all, but after watching it, I got to reference Spirited Away withmy avi. That movie is just breathtaking and I'm sad I took so long to watch it, but hey, better late than never, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom