• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I own most of the Sonic games. I got the Dreamcast and Gamecube Sonic Adventures, though I rarely have two of the same game outside of the DS and console variations(or similar cases). Due to the various Collections, I have the Game Gear Sonic 1 and 2. They're okay. I feel the Genesis ones are better.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Sonic is one of those franchises that I'm sure everyone in here was a fan of at one point. I remember when I naively thought Sonic was going to go back to it's glory days after Sonic Generations came out, it's funny to think about it in retrospect. I still like the series for the good it brought, but the days of being hopeful for the future of the series are long over.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still think the fact I actually really like Sonic Chronicles is probably the most unpopular gaming take I have.
The music was meh, but it had a fun cast.

I wasn't a fan of the controls, but rhythm stuff isn't for me. I equip a Chao that lets me auto-do the moves right as fast as possible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m a dirty Mario baby but I’d really love to see Sonic get it’s act together.

I hope they learned from Forces.
I like some Sonic stuff. But you know me. Gotta commit gang activity with Robot Dudes, Bounty Hunter Chicks and Plumbers.

I'd also be down for a new Strider title. It's been almost 6 years. We can bring the boy back.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Mario will always be my #1 favorite franchise in entertainment period, but Sonic was a big deal to me when I was younger and I still enjoy him to this day.

I want to see success for both.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When a Dynamax Pokémon is fighting a normal Pokémon it’s head tilts downwards to look at the little Pokémon. So big Aegislash just kinda tilts his whole body down it’s hilarious.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm currently experiencing a first world problem, stemming entirely from my lack of understanding on how PS4 digital downloads work.

I want to play Persona 4 Dancing all night, but the only way I can get it is if I buy the collection that has all 3 Persona dancing games , said collection is currently on sale in the pS4 holiday sale for 30 dollars.

This wouldn't be a problem by itself but one of my relatives got me the physical disc for persona 3 dancing like a week ago as an early christmas gift and now I feel like if I buy the collection just to play P4D It would be like slapping said relative in the face.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
@Bakugan2556
Heard of this?

Also, Sonic honestly is not that far off from being good. They just honestly need better people play testing their stuff so they don't create either glitched messes of games, or games that play themselves, or both.

I still fondly remember Colors. That did a lot with a little in terms of cast and gameplay. They keep things simple and don't overshoot, they can make a good game, it's not farfetched.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
@Bakugan2556
Heard of this?

Also, Sonic honestly is not that far off from being good. They just honestly need better people play testing their stuff so they don't create either glitched messes of games, or games that play themselves, or both.

I still fondly remember Colors. That did a lot with a little in terms of cast and gameplay. They keep things simple and don't overshoot, they can make a good game, it's not farfetched.
Didn't something like that happen once in the actual show? I think it was Kaiba who used a card effect to have more cards than the game would allow?

I hope the next Sonic game uses the shading that Unleashed had, it made the game lag back then but consoles have gotten since then so it could graphics like unleashed again.

D

Deleted member

@Bakugan2556
Heard of this?

Yeah actually! Although going via the grapevine, the actual deck was 1000 cards, not 2222.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have mixed feelings towards the Sonic series.

It's definitely a platformer that is rooted in SEGA's love of arcades, for better and for worse. On the one hand, blazing through levels and not needing to focus as heavily on methodical actions or patterns (bosses aside) is fun. On the other hand, it does require a bit more practice before you're able to get through levels and when you're struggling in a fast paced game, you really feel it and or feel is cheap. High highs and low lows.

I HATE Special Stages. I've never found them to be fun and I dislike how parts of the game (especially story) are locked behind a separate game mode that's unrelated to the core gameplay and I have limited attempts at (and sometimes give me headaches just looking at); I can tolerate Sonic 1's Special Stages, but that's because it's just navigating Sonic, no difference in how he controls or moves.

It took me a couple years before I started to like Sonic 1 & 2. I kind of want to like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but aside from needing to learn stage layout, the stages drag on a little bit too long for me and Special Stages/locked content. Sonic CD I feel has the best balance.

Sonic 1 Master System is probably one of my favorites due to how it doesn't conform to as many of the series tropes. Not as thrilling, but consistent all throughout. It's a straight up Mario style platformer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Raxxel Raxxel Well, 1000, 2222, the point remains the same. It's ridiculous. Imagine playing 1000 with That Grass Is Always Greener. Yeahhhhhhh.

Like, before I really got a good deck down, my max sometimes was well over 100. Back when the game just started and all. Sometimes my decks hit close to 60, but it's difficult to playtest these days to really figure out a strategy. Keep in mind I don't often play archtypes specifically.

Otherwise, my biggest Fusion deck was a Scientist deck. If I do remake it, I'm going to focus on Chaos at this point. I could easily summon out Rank 6's too, or 5's. There's a lot you can still do with Xyz alone. I have to wait till april to update it. Not useful when there's no Traditional tourneys, though. But I can say that one Armageddon Knight and 1 Level Eater is very difficult to work with. You only need 1 Eater, but you need 2-3 Knights to actually start any kind of combo.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I still would claim to be a fan of the Sonic series despite the many ups and downs. The first 3 Sonic games were fantastic and are classics for a reason and Sonic Mania was just great. I'm also a fan of a good chunk of the 3D outings: Adventure 1, Adventure 2, Heroes, Colors, Unleashed, Generations and even Lost World (Wii U).

But SEGA just has no direction with Sonic or they have people who no longer care about Sonic making the games. I think SEGA just needs a break from Sonic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@Bakugan2556
Heard of this?

I don't think the playtesters are to blame but rather the people who have the final say. 06 was rushed with a ****ton of issues behind the scenes so playtesters were likely doing their jobs perfectly for that yet. Sonic's main issue I feel is clinging on to the past as seen with Sonic 4, Lost World going "HAHA REMEMBER THESE BADNIKS?" and Forces shoving Classic in when it shows Classic Sonic was tacked on in the last 5 minutes, and that's not just me joking about the awful Classic gameplay in Forces. Despite this, 06 clearly scared the dev team into pretending the Adventure formula should never be an option anymore and a ****ton of Sonic fans grew up loving those games yet are ignored constantly for "Remember Classic?" while people who do remember and love Classic don't care as the pandering misses it's point

D

Deleted member

Raxxel Raxxel Well, 1000, 2222, the point remains the same. It's ridiculous. Imagine playing 1000 with That Grass Is Always Greener. Yeahhhhhhh.

Like, before I really got a good deck down, my max sometimes was well over 100. Back when the game just started and all. Sometimes my decks hit close to 60, but it's difficult to playtest these days to really figure out a strategy. Keep in mind I don't often play archtypes specifically.

Otherwise, my biggest Fusion deck was a Scientist deck. If I do remake it, I'm going to focus on Chaos at this point. I could easily summon out Rank 6's too, or 5's. There's a lot you can still do with Xyz alone. I have to wait till april to update it. Not useful when there's no Traditional tourneys, though. But I can say that one Armageddon Knight and 1 Level Eater is very difficult to work with. You only need 1 Eater, but you need 2-3 Knights to actually start any kind of combo.
Personally thou I usually focus on 1-2 archetypes, and narrow it down from there.

Like, I've built a pretty consistent Z-ARC turbo before without Pendulum Magicians(using Odd-eyes as the substitutes) and I kid you not, I think with the right improvements, that deck could top a local or two! If only I actually had any locals :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom