• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here we go again.

Back and forth discussions about the franchise have begun anew this closing decade as we reflect on all the crap. Just in time for new years.

Ugh, Sonic just go away and let me enjoy the holidays.
Where is this from, anyway?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Here's the presents I got for Christmas:
I didn't want them in the first place except Slinky and Robux card along with another tablet I didn't want, but that accursed mother of mine who doesn't listen to my opinions and everytime I say no.
I hate Christmas this year while previous ones were good.
View attachment 254369
I hate my life in this pitiful world...:mad:
Have a good 2020 including me.
Update: my mother said I'm getting a Gamecube in the next few days after Christmas soon.
Edit: I think I'm starting to love these.^-^
Just keep in mind that there are people in this world who aren't able to receive or give gifts of their own.

D

Deleted member

Just keep in mind that there are people in this world who aren't able to receive or give gifts of their own.
I hate that argument when used as a guilt trip(specifically when my parents use it when we whine a lot) but def agree here. Don’t get fussy over getting stuff you didn’t want, make the most of it!

it’s literally how I got into MTG last year; mom bought me a bundle, and I reluctantly opened it, and taught myself how to play!

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Oops! I should have clarified. The Farewell Sonic thing.
Well known Sonic fan/critique is done with Sonic for the time being because the franchise and Sega have lost their way and stuff like that. It's an end of decade retrospective sorta deal so now all of us on /v/ are arguing about Sonic and talking about where Sega should go from here and yadda yadda.

You've just watched the whole video and seen all the discussions now go enjoy your holiday.

D

Deleted member

my grandmas dog is wearing a little hoodie and she legit looks lole shes cosplaying a character i voice and im screaming

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you binged Spongebob, Flapjack, Chowder, early Adventure Time, and Regular Show, chances are you watched MLG meme compilations and your sense of humor devolved into you laughing at pretty much everything nowadays.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well known Sonic fan/critique is done with Sonic for the time being because the franchise and Sega have lost their way and stuff like that. It's an end of decade retrospective sorta deal so now all of us on /v/ are arguing about Sonic and talking about where Sega should go from here and yadda yadda.

You've just watched the whole video and seen all the discussions now go enjoy your holiday.
Huh. Just one person. As long as there are fans of Sonic, I could care less about this one guy.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
If you binged Spongebob, Flapjack, Chowder, early Adventure Time, and Regular Show, chances are you watched MLG meme compilations and your sense of humor devolved into you laughing at pretty much everything nowadays.
Hey, quit calling me out like that!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH SA1&2 are still some of my all time favorite games. I revisit SA2 constantly throughout each year because of how much fun the whole package is for me: Heck, I don't mind the treasure levels that much, and I actually love the shooting levels.

Also, the Chao Garden. I will ALWAYS replay SA2 for that feature alone.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
TBH SA1&2 are still some of my all time favorite games. I revisit SA2 constantly throughout each year because of how much fun the whole package is for me: Heck, I don't mind the treasure levels that much, and I actually love the shooting levels.

Also, the Chao Garden. I will ALWAYS replay SA2 for that feature alone.
I love the adventure games so much I own multiple copies of both.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

REMINDER that Shin Sakura Wars is the best Sonic Team developed game since Generations

Directed by the man who gave you Sonic and the Black Knight

MainJPW

M.T.A
Huh. Just one person. As long as there are fans of Sonic, I could care less about this one guy.
I still like Sonic and could honestly care less if others don't.
Nah, he's not hating...he's still a fan even though he's not a "fan" of Sonic in its current state of inconsistency. I wouldn't even call it vitriolic; just everyone expressing their genuine concern for the franchise.

It's good to at least have a discussion about the series' direction, the potential lack of care, mismanagement or what have you and try to see just where SEGA is lacking. This has been a recurrent conversation even on Sonic focused forums.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Krillin and 18 are released publicly for Hyper Dragon Ball Z. Some of you guys might be interested in that.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Krillin and 18 are released publicly for Hyper Dragon Ball Z. Some of you guys might be interested in that.

Not even gameplay related but... what's up with the technique names? Krillin says "Double Tsuibikidan" and "Taiyoken" but also says "Destructo Disk".

Either use dub names for all of them or Japanese names for all of them. They look good tho.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, he's not hating...he's still a fan even though he's not a "fan" of Sonic in its current state of inconsistency. I wouldn't even call it vitriolic; just everyone expressing their genuine concern for the franchise.

It's good to at least have a discussion about the series' direction, the potential lack of care, mismanagement or what have you and try to see just where SEGA is lacking. This has been a recurrent conversation even on Sonic focused forums.
In that case, he isn't that bad, then. I am not bothered by this inconsistency (even though I do see it, and how problematic it is), but as long as they (Sega) find a formula to stick with, all will be okay. Well, that and other, potentially timeline and story inconsistencies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom