• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My movie reviews which I have seen this month:

1. Charlie's Angels - This reboot has a lot of aspects to live up to in terms of where Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu had left off. Sadly, Elizabeth Bank's reboot failed its expectations through a rather questionable and boring plot especially with certain characters such as Chris Pang's character and Kristen Stewert, Elin Ballinska and Naomi Scott's characters showed a lack of personality. Rating: 5/10

2. Cats (2019) - This musical film which is based upon Andrew Lloyd Webber's theatrical adaptation was nothing but a huge Cat-astrophy with so many things that almost made me feel like I'm being tortured. The list includes horrible CGI and special effects, wasted potential of its cast such as Taylor Swift, lack of narrative in its plot, the songs are too crammed together, zero chemistry and development of its characters which makes feel less interested in them and so on. To conclude, I would not recommend to watch this at all. Rating: -10/10 (That's minus ten out of ten)

3. Jumanji: The Next Level - Although I still need to watch the previous film, I was overall entertained with its plot and Danny DeVito, Awkwafina and Dwayne Johnson were the highlights. Rating: 8/10

4. Knives Out - I can see why this thrill of a mystery turned out to be very well recieved in which certain scenes left me on my seat. Daniel Craig and Chris Evans were the highlights with their strong performance. Rating: 9/10

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm a bit late on this, but in terms of 2020 movies that I'm looking forward to...

-No Time To Die - while I felt like Spectre was a bit of a misstep (not sure why they decided to claim that Christoph Waltz was anyone other than Blofeld in the lead-up to the movie - if you're having an actor of Christoph Waltz's caliber play the main villain in a James Bond about the return of Spectre, then he's obviously playing Blofeld - or why they decided to steal a plot point from Austin Powers), I've been catching up on James Bond movies, and I'm looking forward to seeing a new one in theaters (as of now, the only one that I've seen in theaters is Spectre)

-Black Widow, Wonder Woman '84, Birds of Prey, the Eternals: I'm a fan of comic book movies, or at least Marvel and DC movies. If a Marvel Studios or DC movie comes out, I'm going to see it barring unusual circumstances. (I missed Joker due to an unfortunate combination of a fractured elbow and a two-month-long cold)

-Ghostbusters Afterlife: it's Ghostbusters. I didn't grow up with the franchise, but given the actors involved, I figure it will be a solid sci-fi/comedy movie like the others. (hopefully they get the theme song right this time - I liked the 2016 reboot for the most part, but having Fall Out Boy cover the Ghostbusters theme was not a great choice)

-Godzilla vs. Kong: why not? The original is one of the very few Godzilla movies that I've seen (it is hilarious - King Kong inexplicably has the power to control electricity), and while I've only seen Kong: Skull Island out of the movies in this series, I figure it will be easy enough to follow

-Halloween Kills: maybe - I liked the previous Halloween movie (it's the first horror movie that I've seen in theaters, and one of the few horror movies that I've seen that was made after I was born), but watching it in theaters made me feel like I was having heart problems afterwards (my skin felt like I was on pins and needles, and my heart was beating a mile a minute)

-The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard: the original had one of the best trailers that I've ever seen, which I'm hesitant about linking due to the language involved. (Samuel L. Jackson's favourite word gets used a LOT) While the movie wasn't as good as the trailer (Gary Oldman is underused as the villain), Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds work well together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a bit late on this, but in terms of 2020 movies that I'm looking forward to...

-No Time To Die - while I felt like Spectre was a bit of a misstep (not sure why they decided to claim that Christoph Waltz was anyone other than Blofeld in the lead-up to the movie - if you're having an actor of Christoph Waltz's caliber play the main villain in a James Bond about the return of Spectre, then he's obviously playing Blofeld - or why they decided to steal a plot point from Austin Powers), I've been catching up on James Bond movies, and I'm looking forward to seeing a new one in theaters (as of now, the only one that I've seen in theaters is Spectre)

-Black Widow, Wonder Woman '84, Birds of Prey, the Eternals: I'm a fan of comic book movies, or at least Marvel and DC movies.

-Ghostbusters Afterlife: it's Ghostbusters. I didn't grow up with the franchise, but given the actors involved, I figure it will be a solid sci-fi/comedy movie like the others. (hopefully they get the theme song right this time - I liked the 2016 reboot for the most part, but having Fall Out Boy cover the Ghostbusters theme was not a great choice)

-Godzilla vs. Kong: why not? The original is one of the very few Godzilla movies that I've seen (it is hilarious - King Kong inexplicably has the power to control electricity), and while I've only seen Kong: Skull Island out of the movies in this series, I figure it will be easy enough to follow

-Halloween Kills: maybe - I liked the previous Halloween movie (it's the first horror movie that I've seen in theaters, and one of the few horror movies that I've seen that were made after I was born), but watching it in theaters made me feel like I was having heart problems afterwards (my skin felt like I was on pins and needles, and my heart was beating a mile a minute)

-The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard: the original had one of the best trailers that I've ever seen, which I'm hesitant about linking due to the language involved. (Samuel L. Jackson's favourite word gets used a LOT) While the movie wasn't as good as the trailer, Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds work well together.
****, I forgot Kong vs Godzilla on my list.

Hyped for that movie too.

Also, thanks to everyone on the thread for making bootleg Switch the most liked post of page 3554.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good idea, in Australia there's so many unquie things to see.
Just wondering why you want to go there someday?
I've been fascinated with it since I was younger plus its my favorite country (Besides mine of course).

Plus its fauna, the national attractions it has like Uluru. The Australian aboriginals are also my favorite indigenous people and there's so much I want to learn from them regarding their cultures and beliefs. Still so much we don't know about them.

D

Deleted member

Why am I so addicted to Tetris 99?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I've been fascinated with it since I was younger plus its my favorite country (Besides mine of course).

Plus its fauna, the national attractions it has like Uluru. The Australian aboriginals are also my favorite indigenous people and there's so much I want to learn from them regarding their cultures and beliefs. Still so much we don't know about them.
Oh and don't forget the gigantic spiders.
Said huntsman spider is the size of a dinner plate.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh and don't forget the gigantic spiders.
And all the other dangerous creatures that live there like the venomous snakes and crocodiles!

Even gotta look out for male platypus'. Their venom might not kill you but it'll put you through such excruciating pain you'll wish you were. Not even morphine can treat it.

******* Australia man!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
And all the other dangerous creatures that live there like the venomous snakes and crocodiles!

Even gotta look out for male platypus'. Their venom might not kill you but it'll put you through such excruciating pain you'll wish you were. Not even morphine can treat it.

******* Australia man!
Agree.
19092402-7492839-image-a-21_1569813796301.jpg

If I remember that Krys Pawlowski shot this monstrosity when she saw it creep up to her 3-year old daughter back in 1955.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Agree.

If I remember that Krys Pawlowski shot this monstrosity when she saw it creep up to her 3-year old daughter back in 1955.
Its even believed there may had been bigger crocs back then but excessive hunting on the biggest ones caused the gene that got them to that massive size to disappear.

I recall said gene maybe making a comeback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mission report: December 22nd of 2019

The day has finally come: According to official store listings it is the day Funko releases my long awaited wave of Fantastic Four Pops.

If I want to get my hands on the rarest one (probably Doctor Doom), I will have to be there the day they drop. I will have to be one of the first at launch to pick the Pop before it runs out of stock.
However... should I really pick Doom first or my favourite Fantastic Four member (Invisible Woman)?

All in all, this is the summary of the mission: go through every main Funko store in my city (two shopping centers, my main comic book store and the biggest commercial street of my island). I will be quick, get as much information as possible and decide which one of the two to pick at the moment if they do happen to be available tomorrow.

008 out.

END OF MISSION REPORT

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Me: I should play some new games, or at least, go finish ones I haven't beaten yet.

Also Me: Pirate Warriors let's me play the funny clown man.

Warriors games are terrible for your backlog, lemme tell ya.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
One of my relatives came by my house to celebrate their birthday. It wasn't too exciting, we just ate on some chinese food and pineapple soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom