• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
is that why your avatar is nights

because it's gonna be goddamn night before you know it
Maybe, but I also like the game, and the avatar is Christmas NiGHTS themed. It is close to Christmas, which is why I chose that avatar.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm thinking the next Pokemon I'm gonna breed is an Unburden Hawlucha. Been seeing some interesting ideas thrown around about using it with Psychic Surge Indeedee to get a huge speed boost on him with Psychic Seed.

Kind of depends on if I even use Indeedee, though. So far, Mixed Aegislash and Calm Mind Hatterene are the only Pokemon I know for sure I'm using, and I'm trying to build around them a little bit.

D

Deleted member

Just came back from the cinema with my friends.

The day turned out to be quite better than I expected even with how it started, and one of my friends has actually made me see that there may be a way to fix my family problem based on his own personal experience.

Also, I got this:
image.jpg

Ya’ll better tag me when any of you prepare an online room in Smash.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm finally home from work and feeling tired and a little bit frustrated.

How are y'all doing?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just came back from the cinema with my friends.

The day turned out to be quite better than I expected even with how it started, and one of my friends has actually made me see that there may be a way to fix my family problem based on his own personal experience.

Also, I got this:
View attachment 253865

Ya’ll better tag me when any of you prepare an online room in Smash.
Ayy, we should play soon. Maybe today or tomorrow if you can, i'll have to see if my connection allows it lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Why do you feel frustrated right now? I am fine, by the way.
Co-worker's machine was having problems all day and setting everything behind schedule, so I had to spend hours trying to get his **** straight before I could get back to doing my job.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Co-worker's machine was having problems all day and setting everything behind schedule, so I had to spend hours trying to get his **** straight before I could get back to doing my job.
Man, sorry to hear that. I hope the next day you go to work is better for you.

D

Deleted member

Hell yeah, Metroid on the Switch:

image.jpg

We got Dragon Quest, the Fantastic Four (through UA3) and Metroid in the system at last.

Only Godzilla is missing now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thanks, but I already know that it won't be because we have to pull a 12-14 hour work day on Sunday morning as a result of getting the 24th and 25th off.
Sorry to hear that. I hope the day is still at least good to you in some way, even if it isn't completely good by then.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i made my most 5 wanted for smash 2020 edition since the years coming to a close. just gonna quote it.

Since 2020 is around the corner and I need new reasons to procrastinate, I decided that since after FP5 the floodgates open again, I'll put out my Top 5 for my most wanted, since my list has definitely changed from the pre-release list I had. Though honestly, only three of them have changed for one reason or another that I'll put in a little spoiler list. From the leftmost being #1 and rightmost being #5, I'll just be simple.

1576884085316.png

#5: Doomguy - It was either Doomguy or Master Chief. Both are innovators of the FPS genre, making large impacts and being recognizable beings. I chose Doomguy not because Sakurai acknowledged him or for Bethesda/Nintendo teasers, but because I find his insanely violent nature and crazy set of weapons more fun than what Master Chief has. Using the super shotgun and chainsaw wouldn't be as cool as using one of the energy swords or cool shields you do in things like Halo, but goddamn is it ridiculous and fun. With his new grappling chain thing in Eternal, it's also good potential to make him a very effective rush down character, because that's what DOOM has always been. Instead of the tactical shoot, hide, shoot FPS mission you see in stuff like CoD campaigns, you run circles around demons ****ing blowing off their heads and ripping their guts out. I could take either/or, but this is just who I prefer in the end. Violence has never been the issue, Doom Slayer is certainly a good boy.

#4: Kazuma Kiryu - For SEGA, what do you have? Sonic and Bayonetta. What's left? Phantasy Star, Sakura Wars, and my favorite SEGA franchise, Yakuza. It's ****ing tense, it's ****ing wacky, and it's ****ing amazing. If we don't have true beat 'em up characters, we can get the next best thing. Yakuza is a fantastic action RPG with an easily implementable moveset for Kiryu to use and all of his fighting styles throughout the game. He can also use peripheral items to beat the **** out of you: like swords, traffic cones, entire bicycles and couches, that type of stuff. Nintendo has released Yakuza 1 and 2 on Wii U, so they're not scared of putting the game on their system, it's just more home and graphically capable on the Playstation. It didn't stop Joker, anyway. The soundtrack is also damn good, and you'll be seeing me smashing my keyboard like the 2006 Angry German Kid if I don't see 24-Hour Cinderella in the soundtrack. Violence has never been the issue, Kiryu is certainly a good boy.

#3: Travis Touchdown - I'm a huge fan of Suda51 for his wacky game vision, I got Killer7 off a garage sale and found it really fun. When I learned he made No More Heroes and Let it Die, it seemed really clear that I was always gonna be a fan of his games. And damn was I ever. No More Heroes may not be wholly exclusive to Nintendo, with NMH1 on PS3 and TSA on other platforms, but Grasshopper is its own independent company so that doesn't matter much considering NMH was geared towards the Wii's motion controls from its conception. I welcome more Hack n' Slash characters with open arms, if there was a #6 you know I'd pick Dante. With No More Heroes 3 around the corner and looking prettier than the series has ever been (like holy **** Fu's design and Travis' touch-up make me melt), he's got a personality and attitude to let Travis come home. He's clearly got precedence, I've seen people all across this website rally for him and outright expect him to be a shoo-in. Yes, his games are violent, but Nintendo has had no problem censoring trailers and appearances of Travis before, just check the extended cut of the E3 and Travis Strikes Again trailer, complete with blood and cursing. Violence has never been the issue, Travis is certainly a good boy.

#2: Scorpion - I'll defend Mortal Kombat having a chance until the day I die. It's an innovator of western fighting games and essentially one of the last few remaining juggernauts. You see it at EVO, you see it at the Game Awards, people still love Ed Boon's little baby. Hanzo Hasashi is undoubtedly the series' mascot character like Ryu is to Street Fighter, and is a recognizable video game character in general. And no, it still isn't banned in Japan, I don't know what keeps telling people this. I'm assuming it's the wikipedia article on Mortal Kombat that tells it such. MKX got a release on Japanese systems, Netherrealm Studios just doesn't want to change the game to localize it in the East. I think Scorpion had potential, but I'm not saying he's likely. He'll always my pipedream. Violence has never been the issue, Scorpion is certainly a good boy.

#1 Waluigi - goddammit sakurai release my man from assist trophy hell, read my support thread for the full details.

Honorable Mentions are Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, and Claude von Fire Emblem.

Black Shadow, Ryu Hayabusa and Mach Rider were in my last list but got thrown out. BS and MR was a combination of desperate Echo wants and hoping the Grinch leak was valid even though it clearly wasn't. Ryu Hayabusa (and also Dante) is still up there for me, but I got priorities. I want Claude more than the next Golden Deer but my brain and logic knows Byleth is the optimal choice for 3 Houses characters.

excuse my fanboying post if you want i just wanted to gush about stuff i like
man it's crazy how 4/5 of my most wanted are all from m-rated games

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say guys, what is your favorite music that sounds like Christmas music? Mine are these.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love this theme quite a lot.

I would post the theme from the Transformers movie too, but the main video I use to hear it contains many flashy scenes that could harm the eyes of some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The only Christmas song I particularly like is all I want for christmas is you.

Everyone hates that it gets overplayed, but I stay vibin.
Spidey Bells doh.

If that song played at a shopping center with my friends, I would be dancing to the song with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom