• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What are considered to be “must have” games for the Gamecube?
Mario Sunshine, MK Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, F-Zero GX, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, RE4, Viewtiful Joe 2, Killer7, Path of Radience, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Melee, Mario Strikers, Paper Mario TTYD, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Soul Calibur 2.

I wouldn't call them must haves, but Mega Man Network Transmission and Mega Man X Command Mission are neat. PN03 I don't think has ever been re-released.

DBZ Budokai 2, Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, X-Men Legends 2, Def Jam Fight for New York and Hulk Ultimate Destruction for licensed titles.

D

Deleted member

If my PC allows it, I generally use Dolphin to play my GC games nowadays, as it looks better than using an actual GC on a modern HD TV when you don't have an upscaler. In addition to that, no more messing around with Memory Cards, which is especially useful for games which would usually take up an entire card by itself, like Pokemon Colosseum or Animal Crossing, even F-Zero to an extend. The fast forward function is a blessing for Colosseum, as that game can be pretty grindy if you want to purify everyone. Also I guess net play is a thing, though I don't really care for that. Despite that, I still love my GC and would never sell it.

Also I don't even know if Dolphin allows for GBA connectivity, which is kind of important to me thanks to Nintendo Puzzle Collection and SA's Chao gardens. Sometimes I'm also too lazy to turn on my PC, so I'll just use my actual GC still, as it is plugged into the TV already. Besides, I got many fond memories of it, would be a shame to let it sit there to rot..

I really need an upscaler though, really wanna play Kid Icarus and Joy Mech Fight again without burning my eyes.

And for non multiplayer stuff, even if there's a lot of stuff that future titles in the series have eclipsed, Animal Crossing GC does do some stuff that future titles didn't quite emulate
Having started the series with WW, I could never really get into thee first game, due to the improvements made in the sequel. Though I really miss having those models of the various town related things, like trees, buildings, etc. It was such a cute thing to have, letting you build a miniature town in your basement.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I didn’t own a GameCube, but I used my Wii for any games I got, the only GC games I own at the moment are Double Dash and Thousand Year Door (big shocker). I’ve only played Melee briefly at parties or at friends’ houses but I’m not opposed to trying to play again provided I’m with friends.
Duuude you're missing out so badly.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (though between the two classic versions, I prefer the Wii)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Animal Crossing
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Mario Party 5 (or other entry of choice)
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
  • Kirby Air Ride
And those are just the first party games that I know and love personally (e.g. F-Zero GX is awesome but I've never touched it, sadly). I'm also not counting the third party or multiplatform games that you can also play on the GameCube. It baffles me when some people say that the GameCube didn't have enough good games, or that it was limited. I'd argue it has the best, most well-rounded library of any Nintendo console before or since.

The Wii is my favorite console of all time and probably won't ever be surpassed almost solely because of its GameCube backwards compatibility. I love the Wii itself and many of its games, but the fact that it has access to all of the GameCube's great library on top of that just propels it into legendary territory.

Despite that, I play Wii/GameCube games exclusively on my PC through Dolphin. Being able to run them at 1080p with anti-aliasing and texture filtering while still being able to use the GameCube or Wii controllers is something I'm so grateful for.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And now... I have it. The Rat King Reaper skin is now mine!
Congrats! I probably won’t be able to get it since I’m nowhere near three thousand tokens, and because of loot box RNG. If I don’t, I still have my Hellfire Reaper skin, which is cool.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking Gamecube games I own, I got a handful. Most of the stuff I listed are games I ended collecting since I was a young *****. I typically focused on platformers, fighting games, multiplayer and action games, so that's why my collection's a little weirder than some. But not too weird. When I get more disposable income, I'm thinking of building up my PS2 collection more. Because outside of Budokai 3 and Tekken games, we don't have a ton of PS2 games atm. Mostly for the first 4 Ratchet and Clank games, and some other fighting games like Super DBZ and Street Fighter EX3.

As far as Gamecube games goes, I'm thinking Wario World/Mega Man Network Transmission is one I want to grab soon too. Maybe another fighting games like Bloody Roar Primal Fury.

Mario Sunshine
Mario Strikers
Mario Party 7
Melee
Mortal Kombat Deception
Soul Calibur 2
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
X-Men Legends 2
Hulk Ultimate Destruction
Marvel Rise of the Imperfects
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Mega Man X Collection
Mega Man X Command Mission
Def Jam Fight for New York
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Pokemon XD
F-Zero GX

It also helps that most of the games I got, I got them SUPER cheap, some even under 10 dollars. While others were kind of expensive.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I played on my gamecube, ps1, and ps2 a ton as a child so naturally I have lots of games for them. Some of my favorites growing up were sunshine, melee, luigi's mansion, double dash, pac man world and pretty much every dbz game that was made for ps2 lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of OW, I still need to get this week's event skin. None of the remaining two beat ugly sweater 76 though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of OW, I still need to get this week's event skin. None of the remaining two beat ugly sweater 76 though.
I like Snow Angel the most, but to be honest, after getting her recent skin with her in a doctor's coat, I can't find myself using any other skin.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I need to make a dinner menue for the next few weeks for my family. Any ideas?
I'd suggest chicken wings, meatballs, lima beans, yams, mashed potatoes, and iced tea for a beverage (I very much reccommend Lipton's brand). Any of these sound good?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I guess I didn't realize this, but I also got Doomfist's new Jötunn skin.

To be honest, I don't really want any of these other skins. Rat King Reaper simply outclasses them all.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Something I worked on just came out, and the project manager accidentally credited me as "Gah-Hazzah." I'd be lying if I said I didn't find that humorous,

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
About 10 episodes in for OG Kamen Rider, this **** gets ridiculous real quick.

Wonder if they'll off Takeshi or finally make him retire for the 50th anniversary of Kamen Rider. The dude can't fight forever, 50 years is enough.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Duuude you're missing out so badly.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (though between the two classic versions, I prefer the Wii)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Animal Crossing
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Mario Party 5 (or other entry of choice)
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
  • Kirby Air Ride
And those are just the first party games that I know and love personally (e.g. F-Zero GX is awesome but I've never touched it, sadly). I'm also not counting the third party or multiplatform games that you can also play on the GameCube. It baffles me when some people say that the GameCube didn't have enough good games, or that it was limited. I'd argue it has the best, most well-rounded library of any Nintendo console before or since.

The Wii is my favorite console of all time and probably won't ever be surpassed almost solely because of its GameCube backwards compatibility. I love the Wii itself and many of its games, but the fact that it has access to all of the GameCube's great library on top of that just propels it into legendary territory.

Despite that, I play Wii/GameCube games exclusively on my PC through Dolphin. Being able to run them at 1080p with anti-aliasing and texture filtering while still being able to use the GameCube or Wii controllers is something I'm so grateful for.
I’ve played a few of those before with friends or at least seen some of Chuggaaconroy’s playthroughs so im not unfamiliar with all of those, but I’ll try to find more opportunities to play those games in the future.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I swear that lootbox continues to elude me; got two wins easily earlier but now getting the last one has been hell on earth.

Sometimes I get sick of Overwatch tbh.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I’ve played a few of those before with friends or at least seen some of Chuggaaconroy’s playthroughs so im not unfamiliar with all of those, but I’ll try to find more opportunities to play those games in the future.
If you have a decent PC you might have an easier opportunity to play them with Dolphin, one of the best emulators ever made. At the least, you could probably emulate the games at the GameCube/Wii's regular resolution, so it will look as good. But if you have some extra horsepower, you could up the resolution to make it look even better than it did on the actual console.

Mario Party 6 is the best ****ing Mario Party don't @ me.

Scott Wozniak agrees with me so I'm automatically right.
Super Duel Mode > Everything

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Super Duel Mode > Everything
I have hella nostalgia for that, but I like the modes in 6 more. Especially the 100-minigame run mode, I remember trying to speedrun it back when I was a little kid and always failing. To this day, I haven't beat it.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I have hella nostalgia for that, but I like the modes in 6 more. Especially the 100-minigame run mode, I remember trying to speedrun it back when I was a little kid and always failing. To this day, I haven't beat it.
That's fair, I never played 6 but I had 5. 6 is probably a better game for all I know, but I just never got the later games because I don't think I knew anyone else who liked playing Mario Party besides me.

Good luck with the salty runback against Atem in the afterlife

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m just going to keep going through each and every system I own/plan to get, because why not.

What are some “must have” PS2 games?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's fair, I never played 6 but I had 5. 6 is probably a better game for all I know, but I just never got the later games because I don't think I knew anyone else who liked playing Mario Party besides me.

Good luck with the salty runback against Atem
The boards in 6 were really clever with the Day/Night cycle.

Clockwork Castle and Castaway Bay implement a lot of strategy and skills that actively flip from you chasing the star to finding ways to avoid the Star and mess other people over using items that swap places or using slow dice to change up if the Star becomes good or bad.

Towering Treetop and E. Gadd's Garage are arguably the most vanilla Mario Party of the set, and they're just as fine on their own. It's really cool to give E. Gadd his own dedicated map to show what wacky inventions he can use for Stars.

Faire Square is just gambling your heart out and it's hit-or-miss but still very enjoyable.

And then there's Snowflake Lake. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

The minigames were also really cool and memorable, such as the Blooper whirlpool minigame or the racing insect battle minigame. The bonus minigames are just sublime as well, Bowser's Fortune Telling is a treasure trove of seeing Bowser say ****ty puns while you just perish.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I’m just going to keep going through each and every system I own/plan to get, because why not.

What are some “must have” PS2 games?
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Shadow of the Colossus
Devil May Cry 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Resident Evil 4
Bully
Silent Hill 2
Jak and Daxter: The Precursors Legacy
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
God of War 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just found out Green Eggs and Ham has been renewed for a second season for November 2020! :grin:

Same month next year that Godzilla vs. Kong comes out!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys. There hasn't been any news related to Smash Bros. Ultimate, has there?

Also, guess what tomorrow is?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
michael can you tell me to watch it if you see the fabled "kong deepthroats godzilla with a tree" remastered
Sure no prob.

Funnily enough a petition was made for that which Adam Wingard responded too. I can probably say it might happen.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Reading more about the Viz OP translation, it seems like it's actually not as bad as people say it is. Apparently some of the stuff even I took issue with were approved by Oda's Editor (stuff like the names CatViper and DogStorm for two Zou characters, and Animal Kingdom Pirates were all okay'ed by Oda).

Only real problem Viz translation has is Zolo instead of Zoro, but in the grand scheme of things it's honestly not that important, I'll just ignore it and still call him Zoro.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Only real problem Viz translation has is Zolo instead of Zoro, but in the grand scheme of things it's honestly not that important, I'll just ignore it and still call him Zoro.
Zolo just makes me think of a bootleg edgier Han Solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom