• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Who the **** even asked for that movie to begin with? Only one I could think of are furries.
Believe me, furries don't want anything to do with that mess either. It's right in the middle of the uncanny valley.

This is like the Sonic movie before the redo in that you can tell it was one power-tripping executive forcing his (could be her but given Hollywood) forcing their vision of what it should look like upon the rest of the studio even as the animators desperately tired to claw out something view-able. Worse even, as at least they had the sense to make Sonic less horrible looking.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of movies. Killer creature movies are such a rare breed for cinema. They need to make a glorious return and what better way then an Cryptid Cinematic Universe?

On top of that an killer saber-toothed cat movie and an historical killer creature flick on the Partridge Creek Monster which I'd definitely do if I could become a movie director.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cats is literally live-actions The Emoji Movie the way I see it.

The only question is...

Which will be worst?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is really late, but The Mandalorian and Rebels are both excellent.

Also, you didn't mention Rogue One or Solo, so I don't know if you've seen them. Rogue One is really, really great and Solo is much better than I thought it would be.
Thanks! I watched the second and third episodes of the Mandalorian last night. (I'd already seen the first one) I've already seen Rogue One and Solo. Rogue One was good, and while Solo was a fun movie, I'm not sure if it really needed to be made. (I don't think we needed an explanation for every single aspect of Han Solo's character, though Donald Glover was great as Lando)

I might start the CGI Clone Wars series today - by my understanding, it leads into Rebels, since there's some overlap in terms of characters.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Today is my last day of work.

Finally I be able to sleep for 6 hours straight in the morning for more than 2 days!

View attachment 253761
Let's ****ing GOOOOOOOO.
This gif makes your post all the more humorous lol
never mind, disney's getting that dolla after all

View attachment 253778
This is flip-flopped from Last Jedi.
With LJ, critics enjoyed the movie but audiences disliked it.
Now with ROS, critics disliked the movie, but audiences seem to enjoy it.
So, my little persona-ish thing is done. Would love some thoughts on this! @JDCabrera Noipoi Noipoi AndreaAC AndreaAC
I can't help but think of Papyrus when I look at this picture lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Speaking of films reviewing badly, Cats seems to have driven the movie critics into an Angry Video Game Nerd State of mind.

I saw one review titled "Oh God, my eyes!" and the only positive one I could find went along the lines of "this movie drove me mad but it turns out insanity is fun."
The crazy thing about this is that it was directed by a pretty acclaimed director

We're talking about "director of Best Picture nominees and winner" acclaimed

oh, how the mighty fall

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my god are you guys talking about Cats? That movie with the cat humans? Jesus, that trailer won't stop playing at my BK's public television.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, One Piece and WSJ translations are gonna be interesting now, as Viz has apparently gone after the two biggest fan translation teams Jamini's Box and MangaStream. This means Viz's official translation is the only translation available to us OP fans now.

...Viz's translation changes Zoro's name to "Zolo", among other name changes.

D

Deleted member

So I'm kind of obsessed with A Hat in Time but I don't even have the game yet
I just adore the soundtrack and think it looks like a lot of fun
And I think that the Conductor is a very handsome laddie. <3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's because Viz, when they got the rights to translate the manga at the time, used the 4Kids localization and they've been doing it for so long **** they're in too deep to stop now.

Except for Yu-Gi-Oh. For whatever reason, no name is localized. Joey is Jonouchi, Tea is Anzu, Tristan is Honda, everything's just about as vanilla as you can get like it was just a fan scan made official. Just the original Yu-Gi-Oh too, GX and 5D's uses localized material. It's a weird exception that I'm thankful for.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, One Piece and WSJ translations are gonna be interesting now, as Viz has apparently gone after the two biggest fan translation teams Jamini's Box and MangaStream. This means Viz's official translation is the only translation available to us OP fans now.

I can understand why they've been keeping it as Zolo (it's much easier to reprint 5-10 volumes to change one letter in a character's name, which was the case when the 4Kids dub started, compared to reprinting 50-100 volumes to change one letter in a character's name, which is the case between when the 4Kids dub ended and now), but that doesn't mean that I like it. His name is clearly written out, in English, in the series itself!

At least it's only a difference of waiting two days longer compared to the scanlations, and the three most recent chapters are free. (and the same thing goes for My Hero Academia)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What are considered to be “must have” games for the Gamecube?
If we're talking about things that haven't been remade or ported (RIP Prime Trilogy and Luigi's Mansion)

- Pokemon Coliseum OR Gale of Darkness
- Mario Sunshine
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Melee
- F-Zero GX
- Paper Mario: TTYD
- Eternal Darkness
- Tales of Symphonia

and just for the quirky **** i enjoy

- Baten Kaitos or Baten Kaitos Origins (A Monolithsoft JRPG)
- Killer7 (A Suda51 exclusive)
- Mario Strikers

for stuff that's ported on other systems

- Pikmin on Wii is the best way to play
- Prime Trilogy on Wii is the best way to play
- Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 is literally on any console
- You can get Luigi's Mansion on GCN or 3DS, depends on your style

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What are considered to be “must have” games for the Gamecube?
Smash Bros. Melee, though that one's quite expensive for obvious reasons (high demand, low supply).

If you don't have them on other platforms, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Resident Evil 4 are definitely worth getting. Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door and Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are also worth looking into, though I don't know how expensive they'd be.

The Gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2 is arguably the best version of that game (at least, it has the best guest character, and the only guest character that isn't going to show up in rereleases unless the HD remaster comes to Nintendo consoles), and Viewtiful Joe 1 is a great game (even if the second-to-last level is unnecessarily difficult).

Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin are good, albeit short, and you can get them on other consoles. (the 3DS and the Wii/Wii U, respectively) If you're okay with M-rated games, Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes would be worth looking into.

EDIT: Also, if you haven't played them elsewhere, I'd recommend Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Mega Collection. Sega seems to have problems with re-releasing Sonic 3 & Knuckles, so that might be your best shot at playing the classic Sonic games if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Melee for 20 dollars since when has it been rare?
I'm going by sites like Amazon or other online retailers, where the game hovers around $80 for a used copy.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That's because Viz, when they got the rights to translate the manga at the time, used the 4Kids localization and they've been doing it for so long **** they're in too deep to stop now.

Except for Yu-Gi-Oh. For whatever reason, no name is localized. Joey is Jonouchi, Tea is Anzu, Tristan is Honda, everything's just about as vanilla as you can get like it was just a fan scan made official. Just the original Yu-Gi-Oh too, GX and 5D's uses localized material. It's a weird exception that I'm thankful for.
I can understand why they've been keeping it as Zolo (it's much easier to reprint 5-10 volumes to change one letter in a character's name, which was the case when the 4Kids dub started, compared to reprinting 50-100 volumes to change one letter in a character's name, which is the case between when the 4Kids dub ended and now), but that doesn't mean that I like it. His name is clearly written out, in English, in the series itself!

At least it's only a difference of waiting two days longer compared to the scanlations, and the three most recent chapters are free. (and the same thing goes for My Hero Academia)
Yeah, I understand why they do it, but I definitely don't like it, lol. They also translate Kaido's pirate group as "The Animal Kingdom Pirates" instead of "Beast Pirates" and I reaaaalllyyyy don't like it, lol. Doesn't fit how intimidating Kaido is at all; "Animal Kingdom" sounds too fairy tale for Kaido.

Also, MangaPlus' image quality is bad. I'm gonna miss my nice, clear pages. MP's are really blurry. :(

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, I understand why they do it, but I definitely don't like it, lol. They also translate Kaido's pirate group as "The Animal Kingdom Pirates" instead of "Beast Pirates" and I reaaaalllyyyy don't like it, lol. Doesn't fit how intimidating Kaido is at all; "Animal Kingdom" sounds too fairy tale for Kaido.

Also, MangaPlus' image quality is bad. I'm gonna miss my nice, clear pages. MP's are really blurry. :(
Isn't MangaStream (i know you said mangaplus im just speaking for speaking) notorious for having scans with people cursing all the time?

I'm going by sites like Amazon or other online retailers, where the game hovers around $80 for a used copy.
Got a copy of Melee last year on Amazon for 20 bucks. Jesus, what happened for the sudden spike?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom