• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I don't think melee is a bad game at all, but since I got ultimate I haven't touched any other smash game lol.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Isn't MangaStream (i know you said mangaplus im just speaking for speaking) notorious for having scans with people cursing all the time?
Yeah, they are, lol. Whole Cake Island has a scene where they added like, close to 5+ F-bombs in only two or three pages.

IMHO I really didn't care for them and would actually take Viz's translations over them. I'm more upset at the loss of Jamini's Box, they were fantastic when it came to good OP translations.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just remembered its past the 19th.

Which means.

J O J O L I O N T I M E

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Huh.

That chapter felt... short.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is anyone really arguing that Melee is bad? It's unpolished, REALLY unpolished, but ut's still loads of fun casually and competitively. Plus, it was a massive jump up feom the original, and a lot of series staples origninated from Melee. I mean, we didn't even have side specials and 4 directional throws until Melee. Not even the ability to charge smash attacks either until Melee.

D

Deleted member

I personally don’t enjoy Melee, but I completely understand the appeal! I think my issue is the controls. Everything else is spot on, and it is 100% an improvement from 64. No doubt about that.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Is anyone really arguing that Melee is bad? It's unpolished, REALLY unpolished, but ut's still loads of fun casually and competitively. Plus, it was a massive jump up feom the original, and a lot of series staples origninated from Melee. I mean, we didn't even have side specials and 4 directional throws until Melee. Not even the ability to charge smash attacks either until Melee.
I honestly forgot how much Melee added to the series before I went back to play Smash 64 last year before Ultimate came out.

Say what you want about the community surrounding Melee, but IMHO, Melee is still a gem of a game. Heck, I think all Smash games are; the only one I don't like that much is Wii U. All the other ones I regularly revisit because they have features exclusive to them.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I personally don’t enjoy Melee, but I completely understand the appeal! I think my issue is the controls. Everything else is spot on, and it is 100% an improvement from 64. No doubt about that.
I thought melee had some pretty rock solid controls

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Thanks! I watched the second and third episodes of the Mandalorian last night. (I'd already seen the first one) I've already seen Rogue One and Solo. Rogue One was good, and while Solo was a fun movie, I'm not sure if it really needed to be made. (I don't think we needed an explanation for every single aspect of Han Solo's character, though Donald Glover was great as Lando)

I might start the CGI Clone Wars series today - by my understanding, it leads into Rebels, since there's some overlap in terms of characters.
I definitely agree, Solo was completely unneeded.

And yeah, Rebels is kind of like a sequel to Clone Wars in some ways, but it also stands on its own (I haven't seen much of Clone Wars, and I still love Rebels).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gamecube games are going through a spike price as the generation that grew up with them now have the disposable income to buy them back after trading them in for Wii Play.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I enjoyed melee growing up as it was one of my favorites, trying to unlock those really difficult trophies like mr resetti was my favorite part. I just don't see any reason to play it now that I have ultimate. Getting to play as characters like king k rool and bayonetta is a blast.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’ve been open to trying Melee. But copies are so expensive these days and seeing the competitive scene makes me scared to even try it. I’ll stick to Ultimate for now.
Yeah..I was lucky enough to get my copy back in like 2008 at my local video game store before brawl even came out. Can't imagine how hard it must be to get a copy now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Playing Overwatch. 24 Winter Loot Box Opening time! Let's crack these bad boys open and see what we get.

Edit: McCree Scrooge Skin
Edit 2: McCree On The Range skin
Edit 3: Winston "Hello, My Name Is" emote
Edit 4: Orisa Supercharger Highlight Intro
Edit 5: Orisa Puppy emote (!!!)
Edit 6: Brigette Hilarious emote
Edit 7: Reinhardt Festive skin

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Melee Luigi is actually one of the most fun characters in the series, too bad he became more and more one note as the series progressed.
They nerfed his KO scream after melee (the one that goes GAHAHAHAHAHA) some of the funniest stuff. I used to play four player, all Luigi, 99 stock games on Yoshi's super Mario world level with the damage handicap set way up to ensure instant deaths. We had so much fun

I’ve been open to trying Melee. But copies are so expensive these days and seeing the competitive scene makes me scared to even try it. I’ll stick to Ultimate for now.
This is why I saved my good GameCube games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All this GC talk just makes me want to replay Pikmin again. Always liked the first more than the second though, but hearing them whistle Ai no Uta is pretty cute, albeit bittersweet as well.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'd love to play some of my old gc games but my memory card is corrupted :( tried replaying bfbb back in august but I had to quit halfway through cause it deleted my data.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
GC had some cracking local multiplayer options - WarioWare, Inc. Mega Party Game$! is seriously fun as are the two Super Monkey Ball games

And for non multiplayer stuff, even if there's a lot of stuff that future titles in the series have eclipsed, Animal Crossing GC does do some stuff that future titles didn't quite emulate

Oh and the two Pokemon games, Colosseum and XD, are a lotta fun

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Dont you love it when some hag tries to push past you in line just to see a menu?

-_- Im so pissed off rn, coupled with how it's a nightmare to find parking in this bloody town.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They nerfed his KO scream after melee (the one that goes GAHAHAHAHAHA) some of the funniest stuff. I used to play four player, all Luigi, 99 stock games on Yoshi's super Mario world level with the damage handicap set way up to ensure instant deaths. We had so much fun

This is why I saved my good GameCube games
The only GameCube games I have are the first two Nicktoons Unite games and the Codename Kids Next Door game. And considering I can only play them through my Wii which looks HORRIBLE on my HD TV, well, I’m in no rush to buy more.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This seems funny, but I'm kinda worried about potential game jacking unless this is made by the same people as Petscop.

I've seen way too many ARGs get completely derailed because people not part of the project start jumping in and pushing their own creations as part of the project.
I think it's fine; the Petscop creator revealed himself on Twitter, and he had uploads for the soundtrack before the last video featured it on the channel (likely how SiIvaGunner got such accurate rips >:] (I did see someone say someone on the SG team was a friend of Petscop's creator, too)). He's seen Sheriff Domestic, too, saying "I enjoyed Dave's City" in response to someone showing him the series.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think melee is a bad game at all, but since I got ultimate I haven't touched any other smash game lol.
I don't usually go back to old Smash games after the new one comes out. I do revisit Melee occasionally though because it's still so fun to play.

Also, Melee has the best menus/UI in the series by far. The white/bright colors from Brawl on just don't compare to the sleek, dark look of Melee/64.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
>earn a loot box for playing the Damage role

That's the first time I have ever seen that before.
Yeah. If the game sorta recommends a role to you, you can earn lootboxes for it. It’s basically a reward for trying new roles you don’t play often.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I didn’t own a GameCube, but I used my Wii for any games I got, the only GC games I own at the moment are Double Dash and Thousand Year Door (big shocker). I’ve only played Melee briefly at parties or at friends’ houses but I’m not opposed to trying to play again provided I’m with friends.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guys help. My cat was chewing some velcro and I took an image of it. Looking back on the image, he is missing an ear.
A00A9DFF-F178-4246-99A3-820D6B05EDAF.jpeg

Can anybody help me find my cat’s ear? I misplaced it.
osby osby

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom