• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Has anyone else been following SiivaGunner's KFaD tournament? Finals results were posted and my mood's been ruined. Who knew a meme tournament would get you so invested?
(Then again, when 2 of your favorite musicians, favorite game, movie, and tv soundtracks, and favorite concept get some wins but are all beaten by the two characters you're really ambivalent on, it's really hard to say "I don't mind")
Anyways, talking about shows, how's bojack's last season? Should I wait for the second half to binge watch all of season 6 or catch up right now?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dude, I just got a quad with Molten Core in Overwatch, and I have never felt such satisfaction. It even got a play of the game.

StormC

Smash Hero
The Wire and Sopranos are must watches, but I also have to throw a recommendation for the Shield. It's more raw and rough around the edges, but it has some incredible acting and a really great cast of characters. You often find yourself simultaneously being repulsed by the leads and rooting for them, wondering how the hell they're gonna get out of the bind they're in this time. It's very intense, though. Some genuine hard-to-watch moments.

Breaking Bad is very good but imo a bit too pulpy to compare to the top 3 (although Shield definitely has some pulp here and there).

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The only episode of The Big Bang Theory I've seen was the D&D one. I watched it just cause I wanted to see what the show was like. And as far as adult sitcoms go, I've watched through Friends and That 70s Show. I was also watching Cheers (hence the PFP), but I took a break to focus on all the other shows I was watching.

Sitcoms are good, but dramas bore me. For the most part, I can't watch a drama unless there's a good amount of comedy and/or action too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had the "pleasure" of watching a bit of Big Bang Theory myself and I guess one or two episodes are tolerable, though I really can't see myself following it. Granted, I barely watch TV and most sitcoms just start to blend together after a while. The only live action shows I followed were Scrubs, MASH and HIMYM (never watched the last season, apparently for the better). And Knight Rider because The Hoff is in our genes.

TV is full of reruns, one channel hasn't changed its line up in years, and I don't have Netflix or similar either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, not everything has to be a crossover or reference. The concept alone is Ghostbusters enough.
Says you. There’s always room for a crossover in my book. Especially if it’s just a non-cannon costume and the like.

what can i say except YIKES

View attachment 253495
Heh. Can’t say that this doesn’t make me happy to a degree.

What am I saying? Even if this movies does poorly it’s not gonna make Star Wars any less popular.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just had to talk my sister out of adopting a puppy again.

It really sucks because I actually really need an animal in my life right now, but we don't have the money for it right now. My sister is in debt and I haven't had any spare money to put into my savings account for months. 50 dollars pet rent + pet food + vet check ups + toys/training pads/accessories ect would just be too much for us right now.

...I could really use the companionship though. Sigh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just had to talk my sister out of adopting a puppy again.

It really sucks because I actually really need an animal in my life right now, but we don't have the money for it right now. My sister is in debt and I haven't had any spare money to put into my savings account for months. 50 dollars pet rent + pet food + vet check ups + toys/training pads/accessories ect would just be too much for us right now.

...I could really use the companionship though. Sigh.
There should be a charity that helps with finances for puppies so more animals can find loving homes without the owners having to worry about the money.

Shroob

Sup?
what can i say except YIKES

View attachment 253495
>TLJ was hugely divisive with fans
>Solo bombed

The trailers for this already didn't give me hope, but uhh...

When you're losing to Attack of the ****ing Clones at a 65%, and BARELY beating Phantom Menace at 53%....

Jesus christ that's concerning.

Could this movie seriously be

TPM/AotC bad?

Maybe it's a good idea that Star Wars goes away

For a long, long time

In a galaxy far, far away

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
>TLJ was hugely divisive with fans
>Solo bombed

The trailers for this already didn't give me hope, but uhh...

When you're losing to Attack of the ****ing Clones at a 65%, and BARELY beating Phantom Menace at 53%....

Jesus christ that's concerning.

Could this movie seriously be

TPM/AotC bad?

Maybe it's a good idea that Star Wars goes away

For a long, long time

In a galaxy far, far away
You know Disney is never gonna do that.

Shroob

Sup?
You know Disney is never gonna do that.
Depends if this film makes bank.

This film's already locked in, but you get another Solo, which woefully under-preformed? Didn't Solo's bomb basically cancel several solo(Pun not intended) movies in production?

Star Wars fans, if nothing else, love their series, if they see that the series is being taken for a ride and isn't living up to what it can be, they can and will cause it to fail financially.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Disney is very afraid of risks, if nothing else.

Remember when they decided that 2d animation was no longer necessary because they put out a bunch of stinkers in a row(My poor baby Treasure Planet)

If Star Wars starts under-preforming at the box office, which has happened before, they'll get scared.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends if this film makes bank.

This film's already locked in, but you get another Solo, which woefully under-preformed? Didn't Solo's bomb basically cancel several solo(Pun not intended) movies in production?

Star Wars fans, if nothing else, love their series, if they see that the series is being taken for a ride and isn't living up to what it can be, they can and will cause it to fail financially.
God it would be so good if they made it fail so badly that it just falls out of the general consciousness for a while. Finally give some other franchises a taste of that mass media pie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah Disney supposedly spreads joy and happiness around though unknown to many behind their doors lurks their true nature, an evil among this world that manipulates its audience and an greedy megacorporation that wants to get their hands on everything just to destroy.

To see them fail pleases me.
If Star Wars starts under-preforming at the box office, which has happened before, they'll get scared.
Good they deserve to be. They've dominated this planet long enough.
God it would be so good if they made it fail so badly that it just falls out of the general consciousness for a while. Finally give some other franchises a taste of that mass media pie.
Glad I ain't the only one here who thinks this.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, "Disney bad" isn't exactly anything secret or new.

Any place claiming to be "The Happiest Place on Earth" has more skeletons in their closest than the girl in my icon does.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kinda surprised Disney has yet to have taken over the world now that I mention it especially given they've been dominating in the box office.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kinda surprised Disney has yet to have taken over the world now that I mention it especially given they've been dominating in the box office.
I still say that the 4 other major film companies need to band together and form a coordinated resistance effort. Not merge into one company or anything. Just form some sort of alliance so they can all better combat this menace.

Shroob

Sup?
I still say that the 4 other major film companies need to band together and form a coordinated resistance effort. Not merge into one company or anything. Just form some sort of alliance so they can all better combat this menace.
Would you say it's a

Phantom Menace?

:nifty:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A massive company is more corrupt on the corporate level then their branding lets on.

In other news grass is green.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Disney responsible for some of the more questionable aspects of copyright law, from what I've heard? Kinda hypocritical given how much they like to adapt old fairy tales that are in public domain.

Also seems like pictures are broken again here on Textboards.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isn't Disney responsible for some of the more questionable aspects of copyright law, from what I've heard? Kinda hypocritical given how much they like to adapt old fairy tales that are in public domain.

Also seems like pictures are broken again here on Textboards.
Honestly, that’s the one thing I kind of like that they did. I do not want to live in a world with a perfectly legal movie where Mickey Mouse hooks up with a prostitute and dies if a crack overdose, or where Superman murders infants. Because you just KNOW that’s the kind of thing that will get done with the characters in the public domain.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of the above.

DC has like only 15 years left or so until Batman and Superman enters the Public Domain.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Interesting fact speaking of DC and the Public Domain.

DC has like only 15 years left or so until Batman and Superman enters it.
And I hope to god that they fight it tooth and nail. I mean, it obviously won’t stop DC from using them too, but it will just become a mess. The second those characters go into the public domain there will be so many unsanctioned adaptations with so many different interpretations of the characters that they’ll loose all meaning and become twisted beyond all recognition and loose all cultural value. Public domain used to be a good idea, but in the age of the internet is dangerous.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I knew tros would be bad but 57? Ouch. As a Star Wars fan it makes me sad to see Disney ruin such a good franchise. Star Wars should’ve stopped after return of the Jedi. Or at least revenge of the sith. Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom