• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tbh I just hate when good franchises get milked.
This is also why I think the MCU should at most take a break. I'm just at this point burned out by their formula with Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3 being the only ones I look forward too.

If anything Endgame should had been an closing end but we all knew that wouldn't be happening.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not really a Star Wars fan, but it's hard to deny that the films are an event. I will pay close attention to reviews for Rise of Skywalker, in the sense that I want to have an idea as to what to vaguely expect going in to after Last Jedi.

Defying fan expectations I think is natural and should have been done after Force Awakens, but I'm not sure what it gave us in return was as interesting or even continued the story all that much. It's definitely something I'll need to re-watch.

Remember. You’re talking to the guy who thinks Thor: Ragnorok is bad. His movie logic isn’t the same as yours.
Will also state that, while I don't think it's bad, Ragnorok isn't a particular favorite of mine. It's good but I have a lot of issues with it. :p

D

Deleted member

Tier lists of missing in action games based on how awful the wait for them have been:

S tier: “Darkstalkers are not dead”
A tier: Pikmin 4/SMT V
B tier: Metroid Prime 4
C tier: Bayonetta 3 (at least Nintendo has said in a Direct that development is going smooth)

osby

Smash Obsessed
SMT V doh.
It is still in development?

We joke about it being canceled all the time but there's nothing that indicates a troubled development process aside from the lack of news. ATLUS is probably just having a hard time making the transition to HD.

It's not even been two years since full-scale development has started.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is still in development?

We joke about it being canceled all the time but there's nothing that indicates a troubled development process aside from the lack of news. ATLUS is probably just having a hard time making the transition to HD.
Yeah, I hope the development isn’t going really bad.

I want to get into SMT after Persona 5 R.

D

Deleted member

Wow guys Guardians of the Galaxy is horse****, I mean, it was made by the same director as the live action Scooby Doo movies, how could it possibly be good
eat my **** gwen Scooby-Doo (2002) is not just the best movie, it is also the only movie

D

Deleted member

star wars sequel trilogy turned out so sloppy it made the prequels look like ****ing masterpieces and that's impressive

say what you will about the quality of episodes 1/2 but at least lucas had a cohesive vision for the world he was creating and the story he was telling
Nope. Flat out disagree. Product beats intention in this case.

I can actually stomach the new stuff instead of pretending Anakin's relationship with Padme is actually entertaining or that the Jedi sitting on their asses all the time discussing politics somehow makes them cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Nope. Flat out disagree. Product beats intention in this case.

I can actually stomach the new stuff instead of pretending Anakin's relationship with Padme is actually entertaining or that the Jedi just sit on their asses all the time discussing politics somehow makes them cool.
hard agree
i... am admittedly not very invested in star wars, so i don't exactly have the biggest attachment to these characters (besides yoda hrrgrhgm), but i can't even sit all the way through episode one most of the time
at least tfa and tlj are somewhat engaging all the way through

D

Deleted member

hard agree
i... am admittedly not very invested in star wars, so i don't exactly have the biggest attachment to these characters (besides yoda hrrgrhgm), but i can't even sit all the way through episode one most of the time
at least tfa and tlj are somewhat engaging all the way through
Yeah. The prequels were hot garbage.

And if you wanna go into Lucas' vision, what was his vision with Anakin? To turn the most stoic, dominant, and greatest villain of modern media into a whiny, emotional brat who falls for Obiwan having the high ground?

What was his vision with the politics? To drag us away from the action that made Star Wars a sci-fi adventure about a boy and his destiny?

What was his vision with the Jedi? To make them into flawed asshole ninjas who spend half their time flipping around than actually being engaging characters?

Like come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And if you wanna go into Lucas' vision, what was his vision with Anakin? To turn the most stoic, dominant, and greatest villain of modern media into a whiny, emotional brat who falls for Obiwan having the high ground?

What was his vision with the politics? To drag us away from the action that made Star Wars a sci-fi adventure about a boy and his destiny?

What was his vision with the Jedi? To make them into flawed asshole ninjas who spend half their time flipping around than actually being engaging characters?

Like come on.
I think both animated series based of the prequels made better efforts on these fronts, (aside from maybe politics)

D

Deleted member

My favourite Star Wars character is Grievous.

Always found him cool since he has four lightsabers at once.

D

Deleted member

Like come on.
god the politics were so ****ing annoying, so many times they would all just be standing there and blab on and on about meaningless bull**** like bruh i can't be bothered to give a **** about your space politics this franchise isn't built for a space politics movie at least deliver it in an interesting way

also anakin and padme had absolutely zero chemistry and every single time they showed up onscreen together i was filled with an unspeakable, blinding rage

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It says a lot when an animated tv series gets Anakin right but not the main prequels.
You actually see how he's slowly falling closer and closer to the dark side and you actually see him be as Obi-Wan described him in ANH.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
also anakin and padme had absolutely zero chemistry and every single time they showed up onscreen together i was filled with an unspeakable, blinding rage
You saying you don’t like brilliantly written dialogue like “I don’t like sand, it’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.”?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It says a lot when an animated tv series gets Anakin right but not the main prequels.
You actually see how he's slowly falling closer and closer to the dark side and you actually see him be as Obi-Wan described him in ANH.
It probably helps that it's a TV show so it allows more room to breathe than a Movie does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom