• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Important information. Leroy Smith's dog helps him fight. The dog's name is Sugar.

Leroy Smith and Sugar the Dog.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dear god, did you guys see that new Pokemon GO commercial?

Here's the gist that I got from it:

"Gamefreak: No partner Pokemon following behind you in SwSh

Niantic: I'm about to end this man's whole career"
I can't wait to have pokemon follow me as I journey across the cold, digital landscape of google maps on my tiny phone screen.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Today I learned that fake Christmas trees were made by a company that made toilet brushes and were made on the same machinery, better watch out for the brown stinky snow.

D

Deleted member

Today I learned that fake Christmas trees were made by a company that made toilet brushes and were made on the same machinery, better watch out for the brown stinky snow.
this post has such terrifying and chaotic energy that i'm scared reading it too much will summon an entity from a place not of this universe

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Maaaaaan, I feel conflicted about this Honedge I just bred in SwSh. Per Smogon's advice, I bred it to be Adamant, but now I'm unsure if I did the right thing or not 'cause I'm seeing some people say Adamant is very underwhelming on Aegislash.

I'm considering whether or not I should keep it running Adamant or try to use a Mint to change it over to Quiet. Adamant seems to lock me out of mixed attacker options, which TBH I should have thought about more before just blindly going off of the Smogon page.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You know, I don't think toilet brushes get any real field experience before you purchase them, your synthetic tree should be sanitary out of the box.

D

Deleted member

this post has such terrifying and chaotic energy that i'm scared reading it too much will summon an entity from a place not of this universe
guys why can i not conceptualize the idea of existence anymore
why does my head feel like it's going to. to implode
guys?

guys?

g̷̛̟̻͖͇̩̩̫̫̺̭͇̦͇̟̘̤̲̗̰͈̱̜͎̜̉̽̍͗͒͛͗́͒̊̂̾̊̒̐̂̿̔̏̽̌̾́̇̎̐̈́͊͛̓̋͜͜͠u̴̹̬͗̔̑̄̽́̐̇͘y̶̢̧̡̧̢̠̩͖̖̮̰̜͖͍̺̪͚͙̩̟͖̬̳̹̠̣̲̼̅̇͋͝ͅs̵̢̪̹̥͈̦̙͍̞͉͉̩̦͚̗̝̰̠͇͙̈́̽͛͒̓́͑̄̅͐̍̃̕͜͜?̶͔̫̼̻̻͙̺̟̠̬̳̭̗̜͍͉̠̤̜̥̅͜

Rizen

Smash Legend
I started watching The Big Bang Theory. It's funnier than I thought; often first seasons aren't very good. Looking forward to it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This thread is the reason why gods have left us.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the last night's discussion in newcomer thread, I'm blaming them.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Got bored of the Santa Link and Toon Link avi even though it's a great image, so it's time to test out some other avatars again.

Bow before the sheer adorableness of Alolan Vulpix.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I started watching The Big Bang Theory. It's funnier than I thought; often first seasons aren't very good. Looking forward to it.
Rizen: It's funnier than I thought.

Ron Howard: It wasn't.

Honestly, as someone who had to sit through countless episodes of that show because everyone else in my house watched it, it's not good. It relies on laugh tracks so heavily that it actually negatively impacts the acting, which is made so much worse by the fact that it actually has a really great cast who just gets wasted by awful writing.

Sorry, I just hate that show. I hate it, IhateitIhateitIhateit.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Rizen: It's funnier than I thought.

Ron Howard: It wasn't.

Honestly, as someone who had to sit through countless episodes of that show because everyone else in my house watched it, it's not good. It relies on laugh tracks so heavily, that it actually negatively impacts the acting, which is made so much worse by the fact that it actually has a really great cast who just gets wasted by awful writing.

Sorry, I just hate that show. I hate it, IhateitIhateitIhateit.
I know the feeling, also as someone with Asperger’s, I hate it for other reasons as well.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have watched up to Season 6 myself. I liked it for the most part, though I thought the romance subplots were kind of forced and that the acting can be questionable at times. I'm not in a rush to see more episodes, but I don't regret the time I put into binge watching it during long handheld RPG sessions.

I have no interest in seeing Young Sheldon.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I've seen the whole series, I binge watched it like a year ago. I really like the show, mainly the first few seasons but tbh it got really stale by the end.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yoooooo!

They brought back Birdo in MK Tour! Still no Petey Piranha, though...but we got Reindeer Yoshi and Discoball Pauline :o

Sadly, with my luck, I may never get Reindeer Yoshi...

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wow, lots of strong feelings about the big bang theory.
I've seen the whole series, I binge watched it like a year ago. I really like the show, mainly the first few seasons but tbh it got really stale by the end.
TBT a lot of shows get bad the last season or two. I leave those seasons out when judging shows; otherwise you hate half the cast. Cheers is a good example.

I've only watched the first 5 episodes of TBBT.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wow, lots of strong feelings about the big bang theory.

TBT a lot of shows get bad the last season or two. I leave those seasons out when judging shows; otherwise you hate half the cast. Cheers is a good example.

I've only watched the first 5 episodes of TBBT.
Big Bang theory is consistently terrible at certain things, mainly it's heavy use of offensive jokes and then going "but characters acknowledge it's bad so it's not actually bad!"

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IDK with Live Actions shows it's hard for me to have any truly strong opinions on. Possibly the strongest would be Seinfeld* as I binged the series during college, but that's about it. Have never seen stuff like Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc.

I kind of like to give shows a second watch to see if anything holds up first.

*Would recommend at least watching a few episodes, both because it's influence on sitcoms, Jason Alexander hamming it up, and that it's a favorite of the Backroom.

:088:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IDK with Live Actions shows it's hard for me to have any truly strong opinions on. Possibly the strongest would be Seinfeld* as I binged the series during college, but that's about it. Have never seen stuff like Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc.

I kind of like to give shows a second watch to see if anything holds up first.

*Would recommend at least watching a few episodes, both because it's influence on sitcoms, Jason Alexander hamming it up, and that it's a favorite of the Backroom.

:088:
You probably heard it a million times, but I would recommend Breaking Bad. Same with The Wire, Daredevil and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I'll admit that because of what I want to work on, I also prefer animated stuff, but there's good live action series as well.

Not too often someone uses the Pokemon soundfonts to remix other songs. But it works really well here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom